• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone ever sent their GemPro250 in on warranty?

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    Got a GemPro 250 off of Amazon about 2 months ago and I for the life of me can't get it to stay zero'd and not wander. It doesn't matter if its plugged in, running on batteries only, level, in a dark room, wiped down with a dry sheet....nothing keeps it at zero after its zero'd in the first time.

I'll weigh something, take it off and within 1-4 times of doing this, the 'zero' weight will move. Rinse/repeat and after 20 or so weighs, I'm a full grain or more off at zero, every time.

Looked at their site and they only have a shitty online email contact (sent 2 emails, no reply) and an address for warranty returns and that's it. From the lack of response, as well as a lack of how to actually get a hold of someone, the last thing I'm going to do is just blindly send it to their address and hope some mouth breather gets off their ass and actually does something about it. Yeah, ok.

Anyone have problems with their scale, and how did you get it resolved?

Thanks

Ditto.

Did nothing but slow down my reloading process. Same problems with zeroing and the delay on the display after dropping a few kernels of powder caused redo's all the time.

The RCBS digital and Balance beam are the only way to go

I have the GP 500. This is my 3rd one. They work great for about 2 yrs for me then I have to send them back in. The lifetime warranty has always worked. Keep your paperwork when you receive one. I have a new one on my shelf waiting for the current one to give up. It will go back for the warranty when it does.

To revive the thread a bit, I sent my 250 back for warranty three weeks ago. I have not gotten anything back, nor received replies to 2 contact email submissions. Worked for a year and then it wouldn't hold zero. Always used dry powder and never had any liquids around it during use. I am going to call their number next week to see whats going on. Will report back the results.

Good Luck... They obviously hate doing customer service. They do not want to talk to people, nor do they want emails. If you send a unit in for work or replacement, it is clear that you are expected to wait until they feel like getting it back to you.

I have a Gempro250 that has gone nuts, and I called recently. Give it a try. The 5 minute spiel on why you should just read the website and leave them alone, is amusing/frustrating depending on your perspective. (602) 253-2214

Good Luck... They obviously hate doing customer service. They do not want to talk to people, nor do they want emails. If you send a unit in for work or replacement, it is clear that you are expected to wait until they feel like getting it back to you.

I have a Gempro250 that has gone nuts, and I called recently. Give it a try. The 5 minute spiel on why you should just read the website and leave them alone, is amusing/frustrating depending on your perspective. (602) 253-2214

I read the website multiple times and did everything they said. One mistake I made is that I sent the whole package back, accessories and everything, which they say not to in a footnote. Anyway, the site sayd if its been 20-21 days, give them a call to trace it. I am going to call Monday and see what they say. I have seen positives and negatives from people on other forums, so I am holding out that it will be fixed.

Returned two of them through Old Will Knott without issue, but went to a Scott Parker tuned beam and won't look back. My ES/SD are very low-where I thought I should have been with the GemPro. Very inconsistent and frankly potentially dangerous, to say nothing about unreliable ammo, slow and a waste of time and components. Some have had better results-mine didn't fare well in two tries and all of the tricks to get them to work as advertised.

I sent a GemPro 250 back (was dropped from a 4' counter...) to their shop in Arizona late 2013.

I didn't have any problems. Received the replacement unit twelve calendar days after sending the broken one from California.
    Sent it Priority Mail with a Signature required.

Just need to have your original purchase documentation and follow directions.

Best digital with two-hundreth grain resolution under $700 from my experience. Sold my other two spendy digitals and bought a second 250 as a backup in case I'm clumsy again.

Buy the A&D FX 120i mentioned above and be done with it.
    For the price it is a excellent value, magnetic force restoration balance of good quality for 525$ is very hard to beat, also has a 0.02 grain accuracy but the stated accuracy is accurate.
    If you look around you will find a lot of people not getting reliable results from the GemPro's, any way for 150$ you get what you pay for.
    Those cheap strain gauge balances are not reliable to trickle powder on anyway due to the weigh cell technology, and the software that is there to auto compensate for drifting makes it even more unreliable.

Buy once, cry once.

Here is a old comparsion.

Digital Scales: GemPro 500, AY123, Sartorius GD503 within AccurateShooter.com

Strain gauge loadcell vs electromagnetic force restoration - YouTube

Last edited:
    As an update, I have moved on to the next step in the process. It has been over 20 days, so, following their website, emailed the appropriate address with the information for them to trace my return. I will report back if/when I hear anything and what the next step is, if any. If I don't get any contact after 2 days, I will call the number.

PKT,

I again suggest you call them. They do seem to be returning phone calls. I spoke with them on Friday, and again today.

You may not like the news though. They told me their Gempro 250s are backordered and they don't have an ETA. They said it will be at least a month.

Good Luck...

I did call them today. Got to leave a voice mail with my info. The saga continues.....

ETA: I just got a call from JD from MyWeigh. He confirmed that they are backordered. It would be about a month and that they received my return for warranty. He was nice on the phone and was pleasant to talk to.

Last edited:
    I did I got it back one week to the day I sent it off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got an email from the 20-day old email address last night and a lady named Aleesha wrote that they are expecting a shipment next week. So, now we have it narrowed down to one week to a month.

When they told me that the replacements would take "at least a month", and even then they didn't have a firm ETA, I went and bought a different scale. They really put me in a really bad spot since I reload almost every week during March-November. :mad:

I considered getting a 2nd Gempro, but it seemed like I would rewarding a company for selling an unreliable product, then not stocking replacements, or doing repairs. I just couldn't do it... I understand their model (the unit are too inexpensive to repair, so just do quick replacements), and I am not angry (as it may sound). I also was put off by the website and voice recording that you always get when you call, that trys to discourage you from contacting them. They just want you to send the unit in. If I hadn't called in, I would have sat there thinking my replacement would arrive soon. I really would have been screwed then. I see above that they finally replied to an email 20 days later. That's not service, that's appalling. OK, maybe I am a bit peeved... :D

I decided that by the time I paid for a second Gempro, and a few shipping fees later down the road, I would only have to spend a little more to get into a better scale (since I can sell off the replacement Gempro whenever the hell it gets here). I get my new FX-120i on Wednesday.

918v said, "Is there a high resolution scale that does not drift? "

I am old so I have old stuff. I have a Denver Instruments Reloader digital scale. The florescent digits are kind of weak and it only weighs to a tenth but it settles fast and it is rock solid. I can weight something, take it off, put it back on and get the same number. Take it off, wait an hour, same number. Wait a week, same number. I have 100% confidence in that scale. I had another Denver Instruments scale that I gave to my son. It weighs to 0.02 grains but it is difficult to stabilize -- not much drift but fleas dancing on the dog make the numbers fluctuate. DI told me that my scale is old and no longer supported so they won't fix the blue florescent digits but I don't care. If I could find another one, I might buy it. GREAT scale.

FWIW, I don't see the point of weighing to 0.02 grains. Twenty five years ago, I figured out that rifles had nodes and if you got on a node, you could change the charge plus or minus one tenth of a grain without changing the point of impact. When benchrest shooting I throw the charges and one tenth of a grain is close enough. If I cannot see the difference on the target then I just don't care. YMMV but that is my $0.02

Can somebody do a poll on their GemPro250. worth it or not, broken or still working..."S#!^" I just told my wife to pick me one as a bday gift and she still got it hidden somewhere for the kids to "surprise" me next week. I did not notice this post before...AAAHHHH!!!!