• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Anyone Form 1'd an overkill 22 can?

jonaddis84

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2009
Toledo, OH
www.area419.com
Im debating doing a form 1 22 can, but making it completely overkill. My question is whether there is anything to be gained by making it hugely oversize.

I just love how much quieter the 22 rimfires are with my 30 cal can compared to the dedicated 22 can. Granted my SS mite is not the quietest thing around so maybe I just need to invest in a better can.

My thought is making it the largest diameter the Burris fastfire on my Ruger MKIII will allow. And making it, ehhh, say 10" long out of aluminum to keep it light.

Do you think with proper baffle design something like this would be any quieter than the good dedicated 22 cans out there?

Re: Anyone Form 1'd an overkill 22 can?

It's not just volume that makes it silent but the gasses being redirected and cooled you will always be happy with a smaller one

I don't think it's going to do much of anything but waste your time and money. I would honestly research a top tier 22 can and you will be shocked at how quiet they can be with the proper setup and ammo.

The SS SilencerCO Sparrow is probably one of the best sounding cans out there right now.

you have nothing to lose by making a 1.125" .22 can

A 1x6 inch can with K or 60 degree cone shaped baffles will work very well. A 2x12 inch can will work a little better. The baffles are the key. A can with one baffle works much better than an empty one or one filled with dry metal mesh.

Ranb