• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Anyone have a Crimson Trace laser grip on a 1911?

Extreme454

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2010
Nor-Cal
www.extrememotorsports.biz
I've got a Kimber TL RLII

I'm thinking of adding a CT laser grip, but none of my local shops have any in stock, so I can't really test one out. My hands are kinda on the small medium side, and it seems the grip adds more to hold on to.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Re: Anyone have a Crimson Trace laser grip on a 19

We had them on out Berettas when I was with the 24th MEU. We used them primarily for EOF. The batteries died regularly, but they held up to the sand and riding around in M1114s well enough.

Not the 1911 feedback you were looking for, but I thought it might be useful.

Mine is on my S&W 1911PD, which has been my duty pistol for two years. They're no wider than the factory grips that came on the gun and I've never had an issue with them. They work as advertised. Highly recommended.

I have one on my Kimber Warrior. I usually wear a medium side glove. No problem with the grip. I would recommend it, especially the one with the front activation.

Yes on a Colt Gold Cup. No noticeable thickness difference.

Putting one on a lightweight Officers model for the wife ( ok it might be an occasional carry piece for me too!) she is pretty good with the laser, a lot better than with the sights. Definately an advantage for the occasional shooter in a stressfull or low light situation.

Might mention she has small hands - only 5'0", and has no issues with the grips.

I like it. It did help with my grip as well. I get sweaty hands and the crimson trace still gave good grip. The laser held zero and I never had to change the battery. Wish I still had this as I loved this gun.

DSCN1816.jpg

I had a Kimber Cover II Pro with them, until I had to sell it. Missing mine as well, can't wait to pick another one up. Go for it.

got mine when the front activation came out 5-6 years now still original battery works great with shadow on target full sun is hard to see. and the cats love it too. only when empty.

Got them on more than one gun .
I dont know anyone who got them that didnt like them

I don't have a 1911 with them but I have shot one that had them installed and I have to say it didn't really feel much if any different to me.