• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone know a source with 223 plinking projectiles in stock

marketermac

Private
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2018
Looking for something inexpensive (for the times..) 55gr fmj. I've got plenty of heavier projectiles, just don't want to waste them shooting at man sized targets out to 400 for me and my better half.

Can't find anything in stock, I just need 2k or so. Anyone got a lead they could pass along? Or should I just pickup some more smk's and go be poor elsewhere cause they are unobtainium?

Thx!

Are you wanting loaded ammo or just projectiles?
Just projectiles, have plenty of brass primers and powder.

GunBroker does appear to have a selection, but they are all pretty close in price to 69smks once the shipping and cc fee's get tacked on.

Found some in case anyone else opened this thread on the same search:

Not the best prices (like 2-3 cents above normal price per round), but available and half what gunbroker is looking for.

Swore off google because of election nonsense and go figure duck duck go helped me actually find what I wanted!

Keep an eye on these. They go in and out of stock and usually have a coupon:

Berry's 55gr

62gr at 11.4c per if you buy 2k and don't mind waiting a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: marketermac
Check out EvergladesAmmo.com

I bought some of their 55 grain FMJ's a while back, and they seem to shoot just fine. I was busting clays placed on the 100 yard berm with my AR with a red dot without a problem, so they are plenty accurate for me for close range drills.

Reactions: marketermac
Midway had 100 count of the hornady 55 fmj, and also some 124 XTP 9mm, yesterday, not sure if still in stock now. I got 1000 of the 124.
Didn't get in on the hornady (none when I looked), but did grab the XTPs. Thx for the tip!