• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone know the dimension of the front sight base for the M24?

SingleshotFreddy

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2023
U.S.A
I have a Rem 700 long action and am wanting to do a near clone of the M24 SWS including the backup irons. I have located a redfield base for the front sight but was wondering what dimensions it should be.

The listing has it as Redfield No. 73 Standard Dovetail Slot Blank, 3/8" x .093, NEW, S-33.
Is that what I'm looking for?

It is literally the same front sight base you would use for any Redfield globe front sight. You should not have to get one made. Sadly, Otto Weber passed away in late 2019 so his parts might be hard to find.

There were two sights sets for the M24, early ones were Redfield. When they went out of business in late 1980s or early 1990s, the U.S. Army sourced them from OK Weber. The only front sight block I have is the later version from Otto Weber before he passed. Here’s the height of the later M24 front sight, which is slightly different from Redfield part:

IMG_2694.jpeg

IMG_2693.jpeg

Reactions: SingleshotFreddy
There were two sights sets for the M24, early ones were Redfield. When they went out of business in late 1980s or early 1990s, the U.S. Army sourced them from OK Weber. The only front sight block I have is the later version from Otto Weber before he passed. Here’s the height of the later M24 front sight, which is slightly different from Redfield part:

View attachment 8332640
View attachment 8332641
Thanks