• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Anyone on a Keto diet? I'll probably die, but oh well.

Okay finally got some chemistries to see what ten months of eating fats, oils and grease (FOG) has done to me.

Different labs so formats are not the same. Some of you Dr types can translate for me.

1/18/18
Cholesterol total - 184 mg/dl
Triglycerides - 81 mg/dl
Glucose - 107

10/05/18
LDLcalc - 132 mg/dl
CHOL/HD - Ratio 3.1
HDL - 69 mg/dl
Triglycerides - 55 mg/do
Glucose -91

I fasted for both tests.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roo_man
I was on this diet but didn't last too long. Worked well though...

Wife and I just jumped on about a week ago. I was 262 at the start. Im 257 week later. Piss a ton, so i'm sure its just the water weight being expelled but i do drink a shitton of water. Overall, feel great but i will say the weight i usually push at the gym is down and I am struggling with weight i usually handle easily. Without carbs the energy for lifting is down but from what i understand that will return once my body adjusts.

Hi,

When you guys reach you goal weight...do yourself another favor and have your DR put you on TRT!! Your energy and strength levels will go through the roof but be prepared for a couple months of bloodwork and testing. You will THANK me later :)

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

When you guys reach you goal weight...do yourself another favor and have your DR put you on TRT!! Your energy and strength levels will go through the roof but be prepared for a couple months of bloodwork and testing. You will THANK me later :)

Sincerely,
Theis

WTF is TRT?

Hi,

Sincerely,
Theis

I wish. That's considered doping under most Powerlifting federations.

Been going on 6-7 months now and made it down from 330 to 285. Another 20 pounds and I will be happy.

Reactions: pmclaine
I did keto for about 8 weeks 3 months ago. I dropped about 25lbs. Went from about 17% body fat to about 11%. However, I also combined it with intermittent fasting. It really does get you shredded, it just wasnt maintainable for me. I HATED that one cheat meal would throw your body out of ketosis for a couple days.

In terms of a meal plan. The macros are there to help you make choices. I would use a food app on my phone (lose it, which is free) and scan foods or enter in foods to help me figure out my diet. I mainly focused on the carb intake trying to keep it under my macro (25g). Second i would try to watch the protein intake. There are many varying schools of thought out there about too much protein or lean protein kicking your body out of ketosis.

Here is a general meal plan for me on one day. I would typically eat something like this or similar Monday- Friday then change it up on the weekend.

Breakfast- Skip because of intermittent fasting
(12 pm)Lunch- Large burger patty with two slices of thick cheese (try to find the ground meat that has a higher fat ratio)
(3pm) Snack- 4 mozzarella or Colby jack cheese sticks
(5pm)dinner- 2 Bratwurst with some type of vegetable low in carbs and a large helping of guacamole.

Again, this diet was not sustainable for me. It did help me shred fat. I noticed my strength dropped some in the gym, but cardio stayed about the same. Also, im not a doctor and i have NO IDEA if this is healthy for your body.

Good Luck

Im 11 months in to it.

My goal has been weight loss.

Ketosis was never a concern.

Im down 20 pounds and cholesterol went from 185 to 135.

Carbs are poison.

If it comes from the produce aisle (careful with fruit), dairy aisle or meat counter you should be good to go.

Easiest "diet" I have ever been on, not that I have ever dieted before.

People saying you need to weigh, measure, count are absolutely doing it right but if that amount of thinking and work puts you off just cut the carbs, add healthy oils/fats and live a cleaner life.

Sure I miss pizza, ice cream and bread, beer consumption is way down. Ill do a little of each on occasion but now when I do, I actually feel like shit from the carb storm entering my blood stream.

Yesterdays food intake...

Breakfast

2.5 slices bacon fried in butter, 2 eggs, 3-4 slices American cheese. I pour the melted bacon fat over the entire mess.

Snack

cup of mixed berries (rasberries, blackberries, strawberries, blueberries) 1 ounce 92% chocolate, 1/4 cup coconut milk based vanilla yogurt.

Second snack

2 ounces cheddar cheese, 6-7 olives, 6-7 pepperoncinis

Lunch

2.5 cups salad (Romaine, pepper, carrot, onion), leftover meat (usually chicken or steak from night before), oil based no sugar dressing, added olive oil if I dont think there is enough fat

Snack

1/4 cup mixed nuts with ounce of 92% chocolate

Dinner

Steak ( I cut the fat off everyone elses steak and eat it), low glycemic vegetable fried in olive oil - string beans, cauliflower, brussel sprouts or broccoli, salad

Snack - couple handfuls of nuts

Dessert on occasion - pint of heavy whipping cream whipped up with unsweetened vanilla over a bowl of berries

This has been typical every day for the last 11 months.

Measurements are just my eyeball reference. I dont actually measure anything. Who knows maybe this will kill me. Check with your own doctor before doing anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: bullseye13
My Doc threatened me with potentially needing a lap band a couple of visits ago. I'm 6' 2" 268lbs. I told him I guess I'll just start eating dirt and grass clippings. Sucks but I'm right there with you. I just miserably eat vegetables and lean meats and cut the carbs out now. Sucks. I constantly dream about eating burritos the size of my forearm, swimming in pizza sauce, shoveling serving spoon size 7 cheese lasagna in my mouth, Sub sandwiches with spoonful sizes of mayo, plates of Hawaiian fried chicken with endless scoops of macaroni salad, Bagel egg and sausage with cheese sandwiches, Hamburgers with extra bacon and cheese, all you can eat buffets, orange chicken, teriyaki chicken and rice, Bacon fried rice. FML.

My Doc threatened me with potentially needing a lap band a couple of visits ago. I'm 6' 2" 268lbs. I told him I guess I'll just start eating dirt and grass clippings. Sucks but I'm right there with you. I just miserably eat vegetables and lean meats and cut the carbs out now. Sucks. I constantly dream about eating burritos the size of my forearm, swimming in pizza sauce, shoveling serving spoon size 7 cheese lasagna in my mouth, Sub sandwiches with spoonful sizes of mayo, plates of Hawaiian fried chicken with endless scoops of macaroni salad, Bagel egg and sausage with cheese sandwiches, Hamburgers with extra bacon and cheese, all you can eat buffets, orange chicken, teriyaki chicken and rice, Bacon fried rice. FML.

Im sorry to hear you have those cravings you cant satisfy. Thats rough.

I dont miss the carbs after getting the addiction out of my system.

Recently had to fast for an ass camera and found that the 24 hour clean out didnt result in starving hunger.

With the healthy fat diet my hunger is controlled - energy is consistent.

Im sorry to hear you have those cravings you cant satisfy. Thats rough.

I dont miss the carbs after getting the addiction out of my system.

Recently had to fast for an ass camera and found that the 24 hour clean out didnt result in starving hunger.

With the healthy fat diet my hunger is controlled - energy is consistent.

It's cool man. I need to get healthier. I'm being pretty dramatic. I love to eat. Bottom line. I just eat too much. I can do the more veggie thing and leaner meats, but I'll always crave those good foods. Never was into sugar stuff much. Candy sodas etc. Mainly drink water. Not much of a beer drinker either, so I'm good on that front. Went to the Doc wed and it's not like I was surprised at what he said. Don't have high cholesterol, blood pressure is around 135 ish over 80 and have a "stable fatty liver". I know that I'm young enough (38) to make some lasting changes. It's just hard though. I can drop weight no problem. It's the keeping up with it, that always gets me. Yesterday I weighed 270.6lbs in the morning. Had zero carbs yesterday or maybe a slice of whole grain bread worth, and today I'm down to 268.5 without getting on the elliptical (rest day). It's easy for me to drop around 20 lbs in a week making drastic changes to my diet. It's really crazy how much cutting carbs impacts your weight. I just love those fuckers though!

I did it once years ago and saw results that made me think I was going crazy. Stopped after I had a really strange episode after ruck marching outside for 2 hours and when I made it back to the house I had some sort of really weird collapse/seizure/something that I've never had before and nothing close to since. I stopped and went back to a regular diet as I always felt a little different on keto and the episode I had just felt like it somehow had something to do with it.

Anyone do it? I have my macros all mapped out already and am trying to find sites where you can pretty much get a meal plan for 1, 2+ weeks at a time for your parameters (2200 cals, 165 protein, 25 carb, 160 fat) and just shop, cook and be done. Finding recipes and trying to mix/match them to make daily meals that fit into my parameters is what makes me stop doing shit like this.
How did this work out for you? Sounds F'ing horrible.

Been following the Keto diet since the first of the year, so nearly 12 months. Down 60 lbs, 258- 198. Not watching portion control, or would probably be down another 15. Eat lots of bacon, salads, just got a blood test for an upcoming Doctors appointment and cholesterol levels are good (I do take avorstatin for high cholesterol) I still crave sweets and carbs, used to eat lots of candy but none this year. Happy with my results.

Edit- off the statin prescription now

Last edited:
Starting my diet today. Finally ready to focus on getting shit right.

Dont go anywhere without a 32 ounce Nalgene bottle and drink lots of water.

I used to be a camel now Im more of an amphibian. Its probably better I piss clear now rather than that brown water I used to drain out. You will feel better with the added aqua even if you were not going to change your diet.

You can cut back some on the water after a few months.

Dont go anywhere without a 32 ounce Nalgene bottle and drink lots of water.

I used to be a camel now Im more of an amphibian. Its probably better I piss clear now rather than that brown water I used to drain out. You will feel better with the added aqua even if you were not going to change your diet.

You can cut back some on the water after a few months.
Good advice. I drink ALOT of coffee. I've been drinking more water today. Normally because of mechanic/ fab work I'm not far away from the coffee pot which puts me near dehydration every day. I know the brown piss you talk of and I get the dehydration headaches occasionally.

Anyone have any place your getting meal plan ideas? I've done Atkins with success before, but the amount of fat intake and not as much protein is new to me.

Thanks

I wrote what is pretty much my daily meal plan in post 161.

Id say Im not purist Keto but its a plan that doesnt require I put much effort into doing and it helped me meet a better weight.

I'll check it out thanks. I like to have some meats prepared for lunches and dinners planned ahead of time. No excuses that way.

Yeah I thought sugars were the only carbs to avoid. I knew the fiber was subtracted

Rice starch probably used as a thickener must be the balance of the carbs. Probably not the best for Keto purposes but its my pre workout snack mixed with the berries and an ounce of chocolate and it works for me.

Thought it was cotton candy?
No, that’s her name ?

Yesterday; 5am hit the gym for an hour.
Bulletproof coffee at 6:30
12:30 I had an Atkins shake.
5pm I had the toppings off one piece of pizza, hand full of pork rinds, about a handful of salad and 1/2 of Jamie’s ribeye.

That’s pretty typical for me. Oh and a couple bourbons...

No, that’s her name ?

Yesterday; 5am hit the gym for an hour.
Bulletproof coffee at 6:30
12:30 I had an Atkins shake.
5pm I had the toppings off one piece of pizza, hand full of pork rinds, about a handful of salad and 1/2 of Jamie’s ribeye.

That’s pretty typical for me. Oh and a couple bourbons...
Wow. Your really cutting the calories.

The coffee helps. I’m really not hungry until about 1 or 2. If I ate a decent dinner at about 3 or 4 that’s all I’d need. 16-24oz porterhouse with a side salad with ranch. I could eat that every day.

Some days jamie wants to grab lunch so I’ll get a double bacon deluxe basket, no pickle, side salad instead of fries, ranch dressing, and a diet root beer. It’ll be a smaller dinner on those days. Like a couple brats with mustard and no bun or 4 ribs and a couple bacon wrapped, cream cheese stuffed, jalapeños.

Be run the grill most days

My yesterday meals:

Morning was 2 eggs fried in butter
10:30 snack was 2 oz. Cheese, 2 oz. Sausage

Lunch (we had a potluck). Turkey, 4 deviled eggs, green beans with onions and bacon pieces.

Dinner: went to a local bar for a drawing. Had a rib eye sandwich with sauteed mushrooms and onions. Got rid of the bun, ate the ribeye.

Tbsp of coconut oil before bed.

What's your thoughts on this? Enough fat?

If I had to guess I’d say you’re a bit low on the fat.

Maybe try the coffee thing since you’re drinking it anyway. Gotta be strong coffee to cut through all the stuff if you’re used to drinking it black. That way you’ll up your fat and skip that breakfast

If I had to guess I’d say you’re a bit low on the fat.

Maybe try the coffee thing since you’re drinking it anyway. Gotta be strong coffee to cut through all the stuff if you’re used to drinking it black. That way you’ll up your fat and skip that breakfast
You want to skip breakfast?

Just looked up the bulletproof coffee. I see what your talking about now. Sounds terrible. Lol

It takes some getting used to for sure. Think of it like a protein shake for lifters. It tastes different but serves a purpose. No carbs on drinking black coffee the rest of the day too.

Now that I think about it, blended on ice it would make a pretty decent smoothie. Make sure you use Irish butter. It make a noteable flavor difference

Had the bullet proof coffee yesterdayand today. tried the 2 ingredient cream cheese pancakes this morning. Not good lol.

lost 75 pounds under 6 months on strict Keto. only cheat was 10 day vacation in Hawaii. This diet works and I feel great. Cholesterol, blood pressure, and blood sugar levels are much better. If you use Facebook, there is a good page called "low carb and losing it." Mostly fat chicks taking selfies of their weight loss, but there are some good food ideas on there as well.

I was 6'1 and 308 before I started Keto. Now down to 230 to 235. My weight was gained in the 10 years after leaving the military, and I wasn't overweight my entire life. Some say, its harder to lose weight, the longer you have had it

My work is actually promoting Keto now to employees.

In some health and fitness training they shared this video...

You can skip the Ad in the beginning with crew cut guy.

When the Dr Boz video starts the first 8 minutes or so are her saying the word "Autophagy" over and over again so feel free to put one in her neck and skip to 7:00 or 8:00 where she explains how to achieve Autophagy.

Ive noticed since going Keto I have some serious night sweats. Its restful sleep but Ill wake with night clothes damp as if I had been exercising.

Im guessing Autophagy is the reason. The furnace fires up and while Im asleep, and as a result of sleep Im fasting, my body begins the process of Autophagy.

Also explains why when I fasted recently for a colonoscopy I didn't really have any hunger issues.

The 32 or so hours I went without food while pissing out my ass was no big deal hunger or energy wise

Reactions: The Durk
Below is what I wrote a couple years ago in another forum and it still applies. I have been doing keto since mid January of 2016. I lost 53lbs and went from having to unbutton 38” pants to 32” falling off. Strength up stamina way up. I have helped and motivated people around me to do similar. I’m by no mean an expert but I have experience at this point.

“I will sum it all up. For general fitness don't worry about what exercise you do. Just Do something and do it most everyday. You need to sweat. Treadmill, weights, basketball, etc. if you arent sweating while weightlifting then quit resting and start moving. Diet for weightloss means eating three meals a day with no snacks in bewteen meals or after supper. NO SNACKS! Eat a diet almost entirely of meat and veggies. Starches and fruits in very small quantities. Drink unsweet beverages exclusively. Drink alcohol rarely. If you feel full during or after anymeal then you ate too much in that sitting. Adjust as necessary. If you never feel hunger (slight not severe) at somepoint during thr day then you are overeating.

Don't overcomplicate this. Do what I wrote above and don't deviate. Results are gauranteed and they will be dramatic. Lie to yourself at anytime during the process and you will fail.”

Reactions: The Durk
Easiest diet.
One thing I’ve done to make meal prep easier is a chef steps Jule sous vide.

Have a chocolate craving? Sugar free pudding made with heavy whipping cream.
Peanut butter no bake fat bombs.

Need something fast? Lunch meat cream cheese.

Attachments

• 07552CD0-3701-4F1B-B1F0-3319A585546E.jpeg
    07552CD0-3701-4F1B-B1F0-3319A585546E.jpeg
    504.6 KB · Views: 35
  • CC6A522F-67B8-4663-AA23-62D03DD665F2.jpeg
    CC6A522F-67B8-4663-AA23-62D03DD665F2.jpeg
    512.8 KB · Views: 41
I have worked out steadily since freshman year of high school and ran track at the Division 1 level. It wasn’t until I went on a keto diet that I saw next level results. I did not gain much weight (I gain weight when I workout hard and lose weight when I am on a workout lul) but toned up dramatically. I am looking to start on a keto diet again and tempted to incorporate a lot more venison. I would love to do strictly venison but I have too much beef in the freezer :D

Did this diet 2 years ago, lost 20 lbs in a month and ended up in the hospital with a kidney stone. Not for me, but I know a few people that areon it and have lost massive weight. They were both very overweight. I started crossfit about 4 months ago and loving it.

Did this diet 2 years ago, lost 20 lbs in a month and ended up in the hospital with a kidney stone. Not for me, but I know a few people that areon it and have lost massive weight. They were both very overweight. I started crossfit about 4 months ago and loving it.
I wonder why you ended up with a kidney stone? Did you drink A LOT of water especially at first?