• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Anyone on a Keto diet? I'll probably die, but oh well.

Everyone has to remember, there's multiple types of kidney stones. Sometimes those stones can take upwards of 10 years to form. I went on this diet because of a kidney stone. Cut out all sugars, all sodas, all refined carbs.

Processing ketones works the liver and kidneys, you have to consume large amounts of greens to purge this from your organs

I been on the diet for years. My bloodwork last year came back almost superhuman. In a good way. LOL
I didn't have anything to compare to because I didn't have blood work done anytime before I changed my habits. It did prove at least to me that the diet is plenty healthy which I knew because of the way I feel.

I been on the diet for years. My bloodwork last year came back almost superhuman. In a good way. LOL
I didn't have anything to compare to because I didn't have blood work done anytime before I changed my habits. It did prove at least to me that the diet is plenty healthy which I knew because of the way I feel.

I went from 185 before the diet (fasting number) to 135 post diet.

The 135 number was asterisked with the note "Abnormal Unless Fasting" - I did fast.

When people see what i eat the first comment is "Your cholesterol must be way up".

I went from 185 before the diet (fasting number) to 135 post diet.

The 135 number was asterisked with the note "Abnormal Unless Fasting" - I did fast.

When people see what i eat the first comment is "Your cholesterol must be way up".
I get the cholesterol comment a lot too. My blood work looks better than it has in a very long time

I wonder why you ended up with a kidney stone? Did you drink A LOT of water especially at first?
I was drinking about a gallon a day, after doing some research it seems that some people (like me) need to break up the ketosis cycle with some dark leafy green veggies to avoid stones. I have been wanting to give it another try but the crossfit and low carb diet i'm on seem to be working for me.

I was drinking about a gallon a day, after doing some research it seems that some people (like me) need to break up the ketosis cycle with some dark leafy green veggies to avoid stones. I have been wanting to give it another try but the crossfit and low carb diet i'm on seem to be working for me.

Greens are part of a ketogenic diet. They definitely will not kick you out of ketosis.

Anyhow if what you are doing is working then there isn't a need to change. Keep up the good work.

I went on the diet and followed the information provided by "Marks Daily Apple" . These diets all have some differences but the one I used worked very well for me. I lost over 50 pounds and kept the weight off until I fell off the diet and began to consume more carbs. My health was never better and I was able to stop using my meds for high blood pressure and high cholesterol while on the plan. I gained a little more than 10 pounds back and my blood pressure problems came back after slipping back into the world of carbs. The diet is not for everyone but it worked well for me and I hope to kick the carbs again soon. Good luck to you!

The most important things for beginners is to add extra salt and the other electrolytes, along with plenty of hydration. If you do your research before starting, it can work very well. The results are undeniable if you're disciplined with it.

Personally I found that taking in some carbs before intense workouts suits me much better than being strict 24/7. I'm still losing fat despite that, and strength is improving.

I try to keep it simple and easy because if it takes to much time I just won’t do it. Having 3 kids all going different directions makes time a commodity I just don’t have. I use the Fitbit app to log my food and track macros. It seems I feel and function best when my macros are around 35 percent carbs, 30 percent fat, and 35 percent protein. I eat about 2200 calories per day. Like others have mentioned, get good carbs and fat in your system. That’s the key for me.

I try to keep it simple and easy because if it takes to much time I just won’t do it. Having 3 kids all going different directions makes time a commodity I just don’t have. I use the Fitbit app to log my food and track macros. It seems I feel and function best when my macros are around 35 percent carbs, 30 percent fat, and 35 percent protein. I eat about 2200 calories per day. Like others have mentioned, get good carbs and fat in your system. That’s the key for me.
If you want to keep it really simple just do as I do. The only carb intake is from green or colorful vegetables. Eat three meals a day only. No snacks period. Leave the table wanting more food at every meal. Slight not excessive feelings of hunger between meals is a good sign. If you feel full after any meal you ate too much. Adjust. Do this everyday and weightloss will be instantaneous and consistant. Results gauranteed. Lie to yourself at anytime and you will fail. Once you hit your goal body composition then you can eat until satisfied just dont stuff and some snacks are allowed as long as they follow the low carb rules.

No need to track macros. No need to weigh food. Tracking anythjng is no way to live and I dont see that being viable long term. To me it MAY be a tool for a beginner to use for a short while. I lost 56lbs doing this and got lean. Ripped

If you want to keep it really simple just do as I do. The only carb intake is from green or colorful vegetables. Eat three meals a day only. No snacks period. Leave the table wanting more food at every meal. Slight not excessive feelings of hunger between meals is a good sign. If you feel full after any meal you ate too much. Adjust. Do this everyday and weightloss will be instantaneous and consistant. Results gauranteed. Lie to yourself at anytime and you will fail. Once you hit your goal body composition then you can eat until satisfied just dont stuff and some snacks are allowed as long as they follow the low carb rules.

No need to track macros. No need to weigh food. Tracking anythjng is no way to live and I dont see that being viable long term. To me it MAY be a tool for a beginner to use for a short while. I lost 56lbs doing this and got lean. Ripped
Thanks for the information, tracking food does get old. I’m just trying to maintain my current weight and it seems if I don’t track my calories, I will slowly creep back in weight.

Intermittent fasting works well for losing fat and preserving muscle too; does well combined with keto... But even if you're someone who feels better eating carbs, it's something to look into for sure.

Resurrecting from the dead this thread but I've done variations of this diet for probably 8 years now. I do cyclical keto. Week on full keto under 20-30g net carbs a day, usually less. Then on sundays I enjoy all the carbs I want. Monday and Tuesday I hit heavy weights to delpete the glycogen and I find the cars give me a boost in the gym to lift more. Then the following week is lighter weight high reps with cardio mixed in. Seems to work alright for me. Keeping up strength in the gym is very difficult if you have no glycogen whatsoever and I've found I make gains in muscle strength, density, and mass with this diet vs full keto. Much more suited for someone that actually works out. If you don't work out at all or minimally I'd recommend just going low/no carb as long as you possibly can until you've reached your weight goals.

Reactions: Long Range 338
A few years ago I was weak, fat and broke.

I lived for a year and a half on nothing but a liquid diet consisting of water, whey protein, mct oil, heavy cream, fiber, fish oil pills, a multivitamin and some micronutrient salts. 1600-2400 calories a day, 2-3 800 calorie shakes, about 5 carbs total from the cream.

Cost about $8 a day, all items ordered from Amazon and bodybuilding.com. I'd make a batch of powder shake mix twice a month.
(As a treat, I'd make myself a pound of steak with a big salad, or 10 strips of thick bacon and four eggs every now and then. Also avocados.)

I did a 5x5 Stronglift workout 3 days a week, no cardio.
I lost 45 pounds and went from %24 bodyfat to %13 bodyfat.
I didn't gain much muscle (not my body type and low T - I'm 40. ) but I was able to squat 190 pounds and deadlift 325 pounds.
I got a real ketone blood meter (not the pee strips) and was in ketosis 24x7 at about 2-3 millimolar.
I did blood tests (order online, visit lab, no doctor needed) before and after to measure progress, no metabolic damage, no dangerous levels of bad cholesterol etc...

After the year and a half was up I went to my primary care doctor for a checkup and showed him my meal plans, workout routine, blood test data. He said that my results were outstanding and that the medical community doesn't recommend such a routine to diabetics or obese people because most people don't have the discipline to stick with it nor objectively measure results to see if they're doing any good. They'd rather take magic pills.

I eat carbs now because I want to gain muscle and more strength, but I still avoid sugars.

A few years ago I was weak, fat and broke.

I lived for a year and a half on nothing but a liquid diet consisting of water, whey protein, mct oil, heavy cream, fiber, fish oil pills, a multivitamin and some micronutrient salts. 1600-2400 calories a day, 2-3 800 calorie shakes, about 5 carbs total from the cream.

Cost about $8 a day, all items ordered from Amazon and bodybuilding.com. I'd make a batch of powder shake mix twice a month.
(As a treat, I'd make myself a pound of steak with a big salad, or 10 strips of thick bacon and four eggs every now and then. Also avocados.)

I did a 5x5 Stronglift workout 3 days a week, no cardio.
I lost 45 pounds and went from %24 bodyfat to %13 bodyfat.
I didn't gain much muscle (not my body type and low T - I'm 40. ) but I was able to squat 190 pounds and deadlift 325 pounds.
I got a real ketone blood meter (not the pee strips) and was in ketosis 24x7 at about 2-3 millimolar.
I did blood tests (order online, visit lab, no doctor needed) before and after to measure progress, no metabolic damage, no dangerous levels of bad cholesterol etc...

After the year and a half was up I went to my primary care doctor for a checkup and showed him my meal plans, workout routine, blood test data. He said that my results were outstanding and that the medical community doesn't recommend such a routine to diabetics or obese people because most people don't have the discipline to stick with it nor objectively measure results to see if they're doing any good. They'd rather take magic pills.

I eat carbs now because I want to gain muscle and more strength, but I still avoid sugars.
Commenting on your last statement, I think avoiding sugars would benefit a lot of people, myself included. Just seems to be in everything and the sugars are what I crave the most when starting a keto diet. Thanks for sharing though.

Reactions: The Durk
Hahaha major lifters elbow problem until a year ago when I went Keto.

My kids keep saying "Oh you cant eat this its not on your diet"

Trying to get them to understand its not a diet, its just a lifestyle choice to not eat shit.

Hopefully they will adopt the example but in the mean time Im enjoying them being kids eating ice cream, cookies, cake and all the other shit kids eat.

Reactions: Geno C.
I just got over the influenza followed by bronchitis diet. It works.

My kids keep saying "Oh you cant eat this its not on your diet"

Trying to get them to understand its not a diet, its just a lifestyle choice to not eat shit.

Hopefully they will adopt the example but in the mean time Im enjoying them being kids eating ice cream, cookies, cake and all the other shit kids eat.
My 7 year old is always looking at labels to see how many carbs are in things. We were at the bar and he ordered a bottle of root beer and yelled, WOW!!!, there are 65 carbs in here! Yep, more carbs than I eat in 3 days.

I'm down a total of 135 lbs, mom is down 60 lbs. I've maintained my body weight within 1 lbs for over 6 months. That's a first for me.

My 7 year old is always looking at labels to see how many carbs are in things. We were at the bar and he ordered a bottle of root beer and yelled, WOW!!!, there are 65 carbs in here! Yep, more carbs than I eat in 3 days.

My daughter was a type 1 diabetic 5 years before I started Keto so carb counting is a family habit.

One thing I need to fill out my "lifestyle" is keto friendly booze.

Not a big drinker but when we go out for the night I do like to imbibe in a responsible sort of way.

Thinking beer is too carb laden and wine is also pretty sugary Ive been opting for shit off the cocktail menu.

Not being a cocktail guy I generally look at the set cocktail list avoid shit with umbrellas, pineapple, or strawberry in the description and steer toward the words whiskey and bourbon.

Not being a drinker of either, possibly ignorant they are high carb, I need to educate myself on ordering a cool pre dinner cocktail.

Post dinner is usually black coffee.

Rye and diet for me if I’m mixing drinks. Otherwise straight whiskey. Usually a rye. My wife does vodka with diet tonic.

Rye and diet for me if I’m mixing drinks. Otherwise straight whiskey. Usually a rye. My wife does vodka with diet tonic.

What do I say

"Straight Rye"

"Rye on the rocks"

"Rye, and I aint talking bread"

Whats a good brand.

Could be a fun hobby to get into.

My passed experience though is that whiskeys and such taste like paint thinner.

Rye isn’t for everyone. It has a distinct flavor that sets it apart from typical whiskey.

Rye and diet is how I usually order it.

Rye on the rocks works if you want it straight.

Jim Beam Rye is the rail at my house. The sky is the limit going up from there. I can give you a list if you really are interested

Rye isn’t for everyone. It has a distinct flavor that sets it apart from typical whiskey.

Rye and diet is how I usually order it.

Rye on the rocks works if you want it straight.

Jim Beam Rye is the rail at my house. The sky is the limit going up from there. I can give you a list if you really are interested

Cant be sure I ever tried any Rye.

Im probably more inclined toward whiskeys paying homage to John Wayne pulling a cork with his teeth or like my Revolutionary Patriot betters sitting in a Tavern planning war.

Sure a short list of names would be good and perhaps my local man bun wearing MA bartenders will be able to serve it up.

No particular order

Jim Beam rye
Tempelton rye
Bulleit rye (pronounced bullet)
Mitchers rye
Mitchers 10 year rye- probably my current favorite
Whistle pig rye
Woodenville rye (if you can get it shipped to you)

That should be enough to get you started.

Reactions: pmclaine
Everyone seems to think carbs are the enemy but that's just not true.

Not so much "carbs" but carbs that are refined like sugar, flour, corn syrup, frenchfries etc that quickly spike your blood sugar overstimulating insulin dump. Carbs from fruits, vegetables that need digestion that build blood sugar slower are better. Intermittent fasting has worked well for one of my brothers, he eats once a day. Other studies show IF of eating from 7:00AM till 3:00 PM also works.

Looks like the mil is considering Keto

Because what you really want is the nanny state following you around 24x7 deciding what you can eat your whole life....
Because the previous government eating advice turned out soooo hugely great for the population....

Because what you really want is the nanny state following you around 24x7 deciding what you can eat your whole life....
Because the previous government eating advice turned out soooo hugely great for the population....

Won't matter really because it's the people thinking of enlisting that need to lose the weight.

They can't get people in because they are unable to perform before they are even through the door.

.Mil has always had height and weight standards.

Absolutely correct though about .gov getting us in this mess the 1975 or so Senate select committee on nutrition is the mechanism that gave the sugar and carbohydrate farming industries a big wet kiss at the expense of American health.

Waist sizes and death have been increasing ever since.

Absolutely correct though about .gov getting us in this mess the 1975 or so Senate select committee on nutrition is the mechanism that gave the sugar and carbohydrate farming industries a big wet kiss at the expense of American health.
Waist sizes and death have been increasing ever since.

And that is why they can't get enlistees with the correct fitness level.... Thanks to the government.

The entire war on "Fat" absolutely destroyed the health of America to make some greedy and connected politicians/corporations/Corporate Farms rich.

Now we are going to bankrupt the country dealing with the medical fallout from 2 generations and going on 3 that were ruined by this.

They are STILL destroying the children of the country daily with their junk.

A prime example is they banned the schools / vending machines from giving the kids plain healthy whole milk which would be excellent for them.

Instead their choices are:
Skim / Fat Free Chocolate Milk
Orange Juice

Both horrible choices loaded with sugar designed to kick start life long health issues.

That's why when the government says anything about health/medicine/diet, I usually figure it's probably the worst possible advice.

• Angry
This is a great quote from that article:

In fact, the federal government may be institutionally incapable of providing wise dietary advice, as Thomas Jefferson warned us in his 1787 Notes on the State of Virginia: “Was the government to prescribe to us our medicine and diet, our bodies would be in such keeping as our souls are now.”

Attachments

• Cato-Government Diet.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 68
If Keto is a hot sauce brand, yes. Put that shit on everything.

Spent Tuesday night in the hospital getting my appendix un appended.

Wonder if I turned that thing into foie gras with my high fat diet.

Perhaps I'll open up a topic in the pit so the Doctor types on her can chime in.