• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anyone using the NF 2.5-10x32 NXS compact?

Fenix Mike

Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Just sold the 3.5-15x56 off my Sig 716 to get the newer model with MOAR and zero stop so all my optics match and I started looking at this one instead... Ive found this gun is happiest with Hornady Amax 168s so ive limited myself to about 800 meters even though it has shot to 1,000 no problem, but I want to set it up for close to medium/long range. Seeing as how the scope has 100 MOA of adjustment, it should be more than fine mounted on a flat ADM mount and still get out to further distances, but how is it at full magnification versus something like the 3.5-15x56? How does the field of view compare ? I just like the idea of it being smaller and lighter on an already tank of a gun where I really dont NEED 15X, and while I really want the LEupold Mark 6 1-6x, this seems like a happy medium that can get everything done at once.

My experience is limited, but I will chime in as no one else has. I have a NF 3-15 that I run on an LMT MWS. I recently took a class where the student next to me was using a NF 2.5-10 on a MK12. There are definite compromises made with the 2.5-10, but I still really liked the optic. It is not FFP, however, and I would give serious thought to the Vortex, which is FFP, easier to get (especially with matching turrets which the NF I had the opportunity to see did not have), and is considerably less expensive. The MK12 was a SWAT/HRT DMR rifle, which probably merited the extra cost (and wasn't handicapped by the turret mismatch as the engagement distances are generally short). If I were buying today, however, I would probably get the Vortex. Regarding adjustment, he got out to 800 with no problem shooting MK262.

Here's mine on my hunting rifle. I like it very much, but haven't shot it past 300 yet. Mine is MOA/MOA without the zerostop.

As a former owner, my only gripe with that scope is the lack of parallax adjustment. Depending on your application, that may or may not matter.

I picked up a NF 2.5-10 (mil/mil) for the exact reasons OP stated, although mine is on a bolt gun. Lightweight, clear and wide field of view for up to 700Y; i feel the lower mag is not a compromise. I dont find parallax an issue and can put hits on steel equally as well as my other rifle with a x15 scope. No knobs to jack with just aim and shoot. Not saying the compact is better in any way than a 3-15, just that it functions outstanding for its intended purpose.

I called today, they dont have the 1-4 and 2.5-10 in stock and im looking to pick something up quick ... I might try out the Vortex gen 2 HD 1-6 and see how that works. Got to play with one in a store yesterday and seems pretty amazing!

Last edited:
I run a 2.5-10x32mm on my 6.5 Grendel. Side by side with my 3.5-15x both set at 10x, the FoV is very similar. I've shot my grendel out to 1000yd before and there is no lack of clarity. 1/2 MOA dots are visible and usable as aiming points.

Most of the time I shoot between 300-600yd max with it and for that it excels. Excellent scope for mid-range and/or hunting. I almost got one for my .260 build, but got a 3-18x mk6 instead because I intend to take the .260 beyond 1000yd fairly often.

I have one sitting in my safe, MOAR reticle, that is waiting to go on a Beanland build 16.5" .308. I won't be shooting past 500-600 with it so it should work fine.

The 2.5-10x32 NXS is my favorite scope for everything this side of 1000. Its not as feature rich as the Vortex PST, however I have owned both and I liked the NXS much better. (Better glass and built like a tank) I have 2 currently a mil/mil and Moa/Mil both with zero stops. (get the zero stop feature because there is no markings on the turret so you do not know if you went over 1 turn or not)

Things I do not like about it are the illumination only has one off setting and no parallax adjustment (as mentioned this may or may not be a issue). Size wise I think its a much better fit for the 716 vs the bigger NF. Also on everything except the absolutely crappiest days you can use 10x which is nice if your using the reticule for holds/ranging.

You guys that like the 10x NF......keep an eye open next week at NRA Show. We have a few interesting things that should be of interest.

You guys that like the 10x NF......keep an eye open next week at NRA Show. We have a few interesting things that should be of interest.

I heard about it from a couple sources... thats why I ended up buying a Vortex HD2 1-6 last night to hold me over... gonna place one of the new NF scopes on order when they come out :)

Yep, this is my light precision/ hunting rig in 7mm08.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 19
Have one on my Varmint AR. Zero stop. Love it. Also slipped it on my Tango 51 in place of the NF 5.5-25x50 and does great for the shorter ranges. Believe I like it better than the larger ones.

Wonder what it would be like to have a 2.5-10x 42 with side focus adjustment maybe like this

View attachment 5814

People in TX might want to stop by the NRA show this week.

Sonofabitch! Those MF's. I have a new 32mm waiting for a build that now just became a seriously expensive paperweight.
I guess the good news is that it will probably be another year or more before they start trickling in up north...

I had a 2.5-10X32 but sold it. Regret doing that now. The 2.5-10X42 looks awesome, although I prefer a fixed parallax for this power range. Not a dealbreaker though.

I had one on my FA Titan, Mil-Dot/MOA turrets. I traded up for a 3.5-15x56 MLR/MIL turrets as, I wanted a matching reticle/turret set-up + a parallax adjustment.

24b6vsj.jpg

Looks like I will have to get one of those too when they come out, when are they expected to start shipping?

These are GREAT little scopes. I keep buying them, selling them, and then buying another one because I can't find anything that fits my needs better! Currently running a mil/mil with new turrets on an MWS... perfect for anything 600y and in (but self-admittedly I've taken it further).