• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone's doc not sold on the COVID vaccine?

IamNtEch.png

To be completely honest, 100% immunity has never been the goal of vaccination. It's simply to reduce the infection and transmission levels to manageable numbers and to reduce the severity of the disease in cases of infection.

Granted, some diseases have been erradicated through vaccination, but many have not.

So our turn came up a week or so ago.

My wife got it. I didn't. I'm not concerned about short term ill effects. Those are well known and documented.

Long term effects are my issue. I will not get vaccinated any sooner than next spring, if I do at all.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
A doc isn’t a doc isn’t a doc

A GP is one of the lower level of doctors, almost as low as a occupational health doc, most active paramedics offer a similar or higher level of care in my experience.
GPs/occupational health/etc are what many call a “doc in the box”.
Wow, jealous much? Anybody with an MD deserves the respect of a doctor; when you have the determination and fortitude to finish your four years med school and three year residency and pass boards maybe you can feel smart too. Many GP's are boarded in internal medicine and some are pretty damn smart - most I know where in the top quarter of their class. A lot of "doc in the boxes" are nurse practitioners or PA's, they are not "GP's" and frankly yes I would rank many paramedics/ military medics above them. But to criticize all GP's...well lets just say some people get the care they deserve.
Also do keep in mind medical blunders are the 3rd leading cause of death in the US

Good chance incompetent docs killed more in the last year than the wuhan flu actually did.
You do realize that "medical mistakes" includes everything from nursing care by RN's and MA's, lab techs, pharmacists don't you? But if you feel better blaming docs - go right ahead.

Wow, jealous much? Anybody with an MD deserves the respect of a doctor; when you have the determination and fortitude to finish your four years med school and three year residency and pass boards maybe you can feel smart too. Many GP's are boarded in internal medicine and some are pretty damn smart - most I know where in the top quarter of their class. A lot of "doc in the boxes" are nurse practitioners or PA's, they are not "GP's" and frankly yes I would rank many paramedics/ military medics above them. But to criticize all GP's...well lets just say some people get the care they deserve.

You do realize that "medical mistakes" includes everything from nursing care by RN's and MA's, lab techs, pharmacists don't you? But if you feel better blaming docs - go right ahead.

People need to keep in mind that MD's are people too, and they have the potential to be flawed and biased as much as any other human being. There's also a spectrum amongst doctors. Smart ones, not so smart ones. Some that are very knowledgeable on a broad array of topics, some that have a more limited scope of knowledge.

In times like these we have a tendency to hold MD's and similar professions on a pedestal. They aren't all knowing, and they are fallible. They make mistakes, and are prone to their own biases that can cloud their perceptions and judgements.

I used to work in a industry that cleaned up lesser docs mistakes, sorry not all docs are remotely equal and there is a obvious tie between their skills and where they end up.

Zero respect is given because you have a license to practice, respect is given by the results of what you have done with it

And yes, this also holds true for EMT-P, RN, etc

I used to work in a industry that cleaned up lesser docs mistakes, sorry not all docs are remotely equal and there is a obvious tie between their skills and where they end up.

Zero respect is given because you have a license to practice, respect is given by the results of what you have done with it

And yes, this also holds true for EMT-P, RN, etc

My wife see's the work of surgeons every single day in her job in pathology.

She tells me horror stories, and says that she would NEVER undergo surgery unless it was absolutely necessary. She's worked at a few top hospitals around the US, and she says most surgeons are "hacks" and make lots of mistakes, to the detriment of the patient.

My wife see's the work of surgeons every single day in her job in pathology.

She tells me horror stories, and says that she would NEVER undergo surgery unless it was absolutely necessary. She's worked at a few top hospitals around the US, and she says most surgeons are "hacks" and make lots of mistakes, to the detriment of the patient.
probably why they still call it "practicing medicine".

Reactions: kthomas
The mortuary industry?

Or the medical malpractice litigation industry?

Lol, nah we tried to get the outcomes fixed.

Sometimes small town docs would call us right off the batt, because their skills were beyond their ego and they knew when it was something they couldn’t handle

Other times we would get called when the big ego small skill doc got in so far over their head they knew they needed to hit the eject button, and with the big ego/small skill workers that takes A LOT

Know where your level 1 trauma centers are, know the difference and take charge of your families health, if your family member is sitting in a level III with something serious, stabilize best they can and demand a transfer to a good level 1 like right NOW

Last edited:
Well, if the nerve agent pills, anti-malaria drugs, and peanut butter shots didn't kill me, then I doubt the vaccine will have much effect either.

Well, if the nerve agent pills, anti-malaria drugs, and peanut butter shots didn't kill me, then I doubt the vaccine will have much effect either.

You did the anti malaria thing?

Back when, it was if you feel sick get the test, if you have it get a test and the treatment as required, which was like a big blast of the same stuff as I recall, ended up being better for your innards compared to taking a pill daily.

Last edited:
Yeah, on a rotation through JOTC in Panama. Supposedly the shit isn't good for you either.

... PA's, they are not "GP's" and frankly yes I would rank many paramedics/ military medics above them...
Having been all of the above I'll say it's an apples and oranges comparison. Never been a doc-in-the-box but have done 20yrs in an ER. Haven't killed anyone yet so I'm blessed, good or lucky.

I'm going to pass on this first round of vaxxing for sure, probably on subsequent. Guinea-pigged the Hep A, a plague, a typhoid, and an oral cholera vax while in the Army (beer money) but, possibly wiser and definitely better informed, vaccines being pushed under an Emergency Use Authorization I have no interest in. It's hard enough, nearly impossible, to go after a vaccine company as it is. With an EUA you can forget it if you get fucked up.

When I was a kid we got like 4 vaccines. We survived. Now, they get multiple multi-strain vaccines per visit. I do not see a corresponding improvement in the general health of today's youth, rather the opposite. Many other factors involved, of course.

When they started profitizing vaccines is when it went off the rails. A vaccine company should not be able to fund multimillion dollar ad campaigns while pumping multimillions into lobbyists and multimillions into trying to bribe providers into prescribing/pushing. No wonder pharma is so expensive.

Also, you can't sue a pharma if you get f'd up by a vax. Not in the traditional method anyways. It goes to a vaccine court, staffed by judges who are appointed by the vax companies. Settlements come from a fund, take years to get, and probably don't come near to compensating.

Reactions: Bender
Having been all of the above I'll say it's an apples and oranges comparison. Never been a doc-in-the-box but have done 20yrs in an ER. Haven't killed anyone yet so I'm blessed, good or lucky.

I'm going to pass on this first round of vaxxing for sure, probably on subsequent. Guinea-pigged the Hep A, a plague, a typhoid, and an oral cholera vax while in the Army (beer money) but, possibly wiser and definitely better informed, vaccines being pushed under an Emergency Use Authorization I have no interest in. It's hard enough, nearly impossible, to go after a vaccine company as it is. With an EUA you can forget it if you get fucked up.

When I was a kid we got like 4 vaccines. We survived. Now, they get multiple multi-strain vaccines per visit. I do not see a corresponding improvement in the general health of today's youth, rather the opposite. Many other factors involved, of course.

When they started profitizing vaccines is when it went off the rails. A vaccine company should not be able to fund multimillion dollar ad campaigns while pumping multimillions into lobbyists and multimillions into trying to bribe providers into prescribing/pushing. No wonder pharma is so expensive.

Also, you can't sue a pharma if you get f'd up by a vax. Not in the traditional method anyways. It goes to a vaccine court, staffed by judges who are appointed by the vax companies. Settlements come from a fund, take years to get, and probably don't come near to compensating.
How dare you!

How dare you use critical thinking and logic to come to rational conclusions! Gulag for you!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: greentick

How many got transferred and died?

Hey @greentick the only vaccine I ever had a reaction to was typhoid! When I first got to Campbell they sent me over for "A" typhoid shot, well if memory serves I got typhoid 1,2,&3 all at the same time. On my way back to the waiting room for my 15 minute observation I passed smooth ass out in the hallway. They drug me into the waiting room put me in a chair and waited for me to come to. After looking me over for a few minutes they sent me back to my company to continue on with my day. Lol! I don't know if it was the vaccine, or how many they gave me in the space of 2 minutes?

How many got transferred and died?
Good question, I don't know. I'm in a small semi-rural ER, we transfer everything to a couple different health systems. Viable trauma scooped by EMS goes past us and keeps on trucking. Walk-in "incidental" transfers asap, by air wx permitting. Mostly never hear. Occasionally hear of good outcome when I see them/ family again in the ER or in town. Haven't been sued or heard of any issues from my company's RM dept. That's all I got for you.

Reactions: TurboTrout
Hey @greentick the only vaccine I ever had a reaction to was typhoid! When I first got to Campbell they sent me over for "A" typhoid shot, well if memory serves I got typhoid 1,2,&3 all at the same time. On my way back to the waiting room for my 15 minute observation I passed smooth ass out in the hallway. They drug me into the waiting room put me in a chair and waited for me to come to. After looking me over for a few minutes they sent me back to my company to continue on with my day. Lol! I don't know if it was the vaccine, or how many they gave me in the space of 2 minutes?
Stuck you in the waiting room for the malingerers to contemplate. Nice.

I wonder how many people that took one of these covid shots has been driving their car when one of the commercials comes over the radio asking for volunteers to take part in medical trials and has thought to themselves, “what kind of idiot would a man have to be to do something that stupid.” :unsure:

Good question, I don't know. I'm in a small semi-rural ER, we transfer everything to a couple different health systems. Viable trauma scooped by EMS goes past us and keeps on trucking. Walk-in "incidental" transfers asap, by air wx permitting. Mostly never hear. Occasionally hear of good outcome when I see them/ family again in the ER or in town. Haven't been sued or heard of any issues from my company's RM dept. That's all I got for you.

Good on you for not sitting in Pts where you arnt the definitive level of care, I wish more providers were like you, too much running of tests/their bill.

Good on you for not sitting in Pts where you arnt the definitive level of care, I wish more providers were like you, too much running of tests/their bill.
I always say "it's not what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you don't know you don't know." Especially true of new midlevels. Doubly so if they didn't come from a medical background before PA/NP school.

How many who have been vaccinated will do it again every year? Its funny the CDC lists the flu as one of the illnesses that vaccinations have made us forget about. Anyone forget the flu was a thing? Granted it has completely disappeared over the last year.

How many who have been vaccinated will do it again every year? Its funny the CDC lists the flu as one of the illnesses that vaccinations have made us forget about. Anyone forget the flu was a thing? Granted it has completely disappeared over the last year.
I think the flu was racist and hurt feelings. So they changed name to covid. Flu .... fuck Leroy up!

Hi,

The vaccine issue is going to be what it is, lol....
Some will take it, some will not.

I am in the air on it...

On 1 hand I have absolutely zero ideas as to what all the injections, liquids, capsules and pills were that Uncle Sam made me take so claiming the "I don't know what is in the covid vaccine" is kind of a mute point....

On other hand my Ukrainian doctor can provide me with vaccination documents when I see him in April when I go visit Ministry....

Sincerely,
Theis

I received all Uncle Sam's cocktails 30 years ago and back then it wasn't an option. I'm a little wiser now...

Reactions: 10ring'r
If the masks work why the vaccine, if the vaccine works why do we continue to need a mask? Trust the experts. Just like the first “new model” of anything, I’m waiting for a few tweeks before taking it.

An excellent retort to the tyrants forcing mask use. As an argument against the vaccine I'm not so sure. First you would have to feel the mask offered protection. I don't believe it offers much protection.

Are you both suggesting that regardless of whether or not the masks work, that it was ok to just keep wearing them permanently instead of developing a vaccine so the mask requirement could be lifted and we could return to some sort of normal life? And questioning whether or not the vaccine does work because the mask requirement hasn't been lifted is not much of an argument either as enough of the population would need to be vaccinated to slow the spread down to a level to enable CDC to lift the requirement.

• Haha
Reactions: wade2big
Are you both suggesting that regardless of whether or not the masks work, that it was ok to just keep wearing them permanently instead of developing a vaccine so the mask requirement could be lifted and we could return to some sort of normal life? And questioning whether or not the vaccine does work because the mask requirement hasn't been lifted is not much of an argument either as enough of the population would need to be vaccinated to slow the spread down to a level to enable CDC to lift the requirement.
No to the first part. To the second part just illustrating the stupidity of Big Government over control.

No to the first part. To the second part just illustrating the stupidity of Big Government over control.

It’s so silly, I mean folks are scared of everything, the fact that the masses have to be forced to wear masks shows how much the majority think they help, and the hubris to think ones knows better and should force massive swaths of the population to wear masks.

I always thought it wasn’t my business or my place to say if others wear one or not, if you’re scared wear one, or five, just don’t try to tell others that you know how to run their lives better than they do.

Last edited:

There's no need for masks (not that they work for the purpose we've given them anyways).

If people want to get the vaccine, that's their choice, and I respect that fact that they have that ability.

Over the past year we have witnessed the worst worldwide policy blunder since WWI.

You need to take a course in sarcasm.