• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

mulie_mike

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2010
West Texas
www.westtexashuntorg.com
Just got back from a hunt out in Van Horn. First day was beautiful weather and everything went according to plan. By 10am the ram was down.Borris made a heck of a shot on this ram at 370yds. We shot some excellent video of the hunt which I will be posting later.

Day 2 50mph winds and dust everywhere, spotted a couple nice rams right at dark.

Day 3 closed the distance just couldnt connect.

The ram was 28inches (not the biggest) but was broomed down at least 5 inches, the pictures dont do him justice but he is massive and old.

Pictures were from my phone so sorry for the quality.

(5 miles from the truck/taking a lunch brake)
bor2.jpg

bor.jpg

Re: Aoudad

nice looking Aoudad,I have hunted them many times and would take an old 28 incher any day. love the nice Shapps he is sporting...

Nice Barbary Sheep! I can't wait to get out there in 3 weeks for Mule Deer season.

i always thought it was an African animal..but very beautiful!

Texas sports a few species that aren't native, this being one.

Nice ram, just out of curiosity how do they taste, or what do they compare too.

I hunted Aoudad once never got one, cant wait to try again. That is a very nice ram. I would love to connect on one them someday!

Congrats