• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Physical Fitness Apparently I am an addict

Bear Pit Exercise Routine

wvfarrier

Ignorant wretch
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2012
West (By GOD) Virginia
To my wifes Norditrack Elliptical. I sold one of my Nighthawks to buy the damn thing for her birthday because its what she wanted. Now, I work out every day with weights/bands and the treadmill. She kept telling me to give it a try since the treadmill makes my joints ache. So, I found one of the "trainers" who does runs and hikes in the Bridger Mountains and well......crap, she was right. I am totally addicted to it. Im "running" about 4 miles a day with zero joint pain and still feel like I really ran. Great piece of equipment!! Expensive but totally worth it. It automatically adjust the incline and resistance based on the trail, pretty cool.

Awesome. Good luck on your fitness journey

Cool story!

One of my mind blown moments: moving a peloton to access an electrical panel. Homeowner had a melt down since they aren't supposed to be moved workout a rep to do a setup.

I'm a cheap ass, I just go outside. I have 15 miles of trails that start 2 blocks from my house though.

Cool story!

One of my mind blown moments: moving a peloton to access an electrical panel. Homeowner had a melt down since they aren't supposed to be moved workout a rep to do a setup.

I'm a cheap ass, I just go outside. I have 15 miles of trails that start 2 blocks from my house though.
I hike in the hills around the farm but its a fun piece of equipment.

Cool story!

fucking peleton......

had a place i was sent to time after time...because her fucking peleton wasn’t working and she was convinced it was her internet that was causing it. it was ok at first, but after trip #3, it was getting old. now i see the stupid commercials on tv and good grief, they are annoying. i dont understand folks that need someone badgering them while they workout. but i guess, if that’s what it takes, fuck it. better than being a fatty.

To my wifes Norditrack Elliptical. I sold one of my Nighthawks to buy the damn thing for her birthday because its what she wanted. Now, I work out every day with weights/bands and the treadmill. She kept telling me to give it a try since the treadmill makes my joints ache. So, I found one of the "trainers" who does runs and hikes in the Bridger Mountains and well......crap, she was right. I am totally addicted to it. Im "running" about 4 miles a day with zero joint pain and still feel like I really ran. Great piece of equipment!! Expensive but totally worth it. It automatically adjust the incline and resistance based on the trail, pretty cool.
If I bought my GF a Norditrack for her birthday, I'd be sleeping on the couch for a month.

Reactions: Mr.Kirk
that or you lost your mind millions of miles of free sidewalk all over the planet that you could walk on , heck you could pull off a forest gump and walk from one side of the country to the other rather than sitting in the same room of your house after paying lots of money . yea I am going with lost mind but to each there own .

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
Which model?

I tore half my right knee meniscus last summer; had surgery in August and was back to doing 20-25mi/week until tearing the MFer again in early December. Of course I dropped $3k+ on a Precor treadmill between surgery and tearing it again...

I'm pretty much done running, and though I have a spin bike (Schwinn IC4) I've been thinking an elliptical or rowing machine.

Cool story!

Peloton owners are a special breed.

Hi,

Wait...what...lol

Good think I have the NordicTrac X32 treadmill in my office instead of a Peleton, lol.....

Best thing I have put in my office since the desk.

5 to 10 minute run at up to 40deg angle every hour is a nice break from the business duties.

Sincerely,
Theis
We have one of those in our gym downstairs. I refuse to run, but I will put on a pack and walk up hills if the weather is too nasty outside.

Difference is that I have read 3000 of your posts and only now know you have a Nordic Track. If you had a Peloton, at least 2500 of those posts would have worked in the word Peloton somehow. It is like vegan. And crossfit. ;)

Peloton owners are a special breed.

Yep. Buy one of those... or spend less money on a smart trainer, a Zwift subscription, and a decent used road bike (which has the advantage of also working in the real world).

PXL_20210421_145100481.jpg

Shit, these trainers can even accept a mountain bike if someone wants to go that route. Doesn't matter for indoor riding.

Zwift is also more entertaining than getting yelled at by a picture on a screen.

Reactions: Bender
that or you lost your mind millions of miles of free sidewalk all over the planet that you could walk on , heck you could pull off a forest gump and walk from one side of the country to the other rather than sitting in the same room of your house after paying lots of money . yea I am going with lost mind but to each there own .

Not here. If I walked along the road by our farm, my ass would be run over in short order

Yep. Buy one of those... or spend less money on a smart trainer, a Zwift subscription, and a decent used road bike (which has the advantage of also working in the real world).

View attachment 7609158

Shit, these trainers can even accept a mountain bike if someone wants to go that route. Doesn't matter for indoor riding.

Zwift is also more entertaining than getting yelled at by a picture on a screen.
I remember when Peloton was just starting out, in cities they would drive these little trailers up outside of peoples houses, and the people would go outside to the trailer to work out. On a beautiful day when they could have ridden outside, or done a million other things. Not that I am against working out in a small, sweaty box, but it seems so odd when it could be done outside.

I think for most who spent any amount of time in the military, having someone try and motivate them just makes you want them to put their face in your fist.

"Come on you can do it!"
"Fuck right off, I know I can, this ain't my first rodayo."

And me personally I can't run anywhere without hearing little yellow birdie or a C-1fucking30 in my head.

With that said, anything that gets someone active, good on them.

Reactions: myronman3
I just think it's odd that there are 20 different home workout thingys advertised on TV after they shut down all the gyms. Like it was planned or something.

Good for you man that's great. If you ever get the joint ache no bueno again and can't find another outlet try the pool. Runner by trade and when ortho told me next time was total knee he said find the pool. Hated at first then addicted and I can do as much as I want and joints don't hate me. Keep after it!