• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Apple Helped the Chinese Government conduct surveillance and censor

stefan73

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Mar 6, 2006
    CENLA
    So Apple caved in for the mighty buck to the chinese overlords.

"The tech giant’s most recent data center in Guiyang, China, will house users’ information on state-owned servers, the Times reported, adding that Apple reportedly ditched its encryption technology following objections from the Chinese government. Instead, state employees will manage the servers, as well as the security tools used to protect private information."

And this is news why? Literally every other tech company out there has done the exact same thing, at least those that have tech that was anywhere near China.

If you want a good chuckle about a completely misguided foreign policy that hasn't aged well at all... click the link below. Bill Clinton is on video when trying to promote China by saying 'them trying to control the internet is like trying to nail jell-o to a wall'

They also helped our "benevolent" government do the same. We get awfully upset when we see the communists do it, but give it a "meh" when our folks do. The whole COVID fiasco has taught me a few things about our fellow citizens, and I was pretty cynical to start with. 1. The government (as a collective and as individual beaurecrats) will harm the citizens to whatever degree necessary to enrich those at the top. 2. 99.9% of the police (especially those still on the force today) are just the hired thugs for the politicians. They're going to "just follow orders" to keep getting a paycheck. And don't think that same mentality doesn't bleed over into today's military, especially after the Obama purges and the Biden wokism. 3. Your fellow citizens will go along with whatever they are told to do, including turning in their neighbors to the authorities, to avoid being "othered". Human nature hasn't changed. There's a reason that once Nazis gained power, they stayed in power until the death of the country. So, Happy New Year😊

Well, Apple used to be a great company with morals and high standards but over the last decade or so has fallen greatly imo. I would say I’m gonna leave them behind and all that but the truth is, it won’t make any difference and there is nobody else to go to at the moment. I’m not happy about it but until one of us starts a company to compete with this nonsense then nothing is going to change. Tech companies have been working with big gov since they were born in some capacity. So while I’m pissed about this, it’s not surprising.

Well, Apple used to be a great company with morals

I'd say actual history of the company and those leading the company would beg to differ with them having "morals" at least in the positive sense of morals.

I'd say the difference recently is they haven't been able to spin doctor their way out of all the stuff they do and their rabid fan base hasn't been able keep the world from looking at the real Apple.

apple is evil and yet not a single media outlet will cover this. anti Americanism within America is the worst disease

Because they don't want apple to turn off their phones and apps and bar their corporation from putting apps on the monopoly apple store that apple users have no choice but to use.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
    They also helped our "benevolent" government do the same. We get awfully upset when we see the communists do it, but give it a "meh" when our folks do. The whole COVID fiasco has taught me a few things about our fellow citizens, and I was pretty cynical to start with. 1. The government (as a collective and as individual beaurecrats) will harm the citizens to whatever degree necessary to enrich those at the top. 2. 99.9% of the police (especially those still on the force today) are just the hired thugs for the politicians. They're going to "just follow orders" to keep getting a paycheck. And don't think that same mentality doesn't bleed over into today's military, especially after the Obama purges and the Biden wokism. 3. Your fellow citizens will go along with whatever they are told to do, including turning in their neighbors to the authorities, to avoid being "othered". Human nature hasn't changed. There's a reason that once Nazis gained power, they stayed in power until the death of the country. So, Happy New Year😊
    Bravo. Need repeated

Coppers always been like that.

Military and your neighbors not so much

Sorry kids.

Google does it with their stuff.

And if you dont think your android is spying on you……

Go back to carrier Pigeons (except when talking to @Bender ) if you want privacy.

If you are being watched like @wade2big is, they read all your snail mail, email, and listen to your conversations based off your location.
    And run the rest through algorithm software to see if it deems important enough for a person to listen to all of it.

And if you think for a minute, that any of that isn't true…..

Leave yer phones at home.
    Take the bus
    Pay cash

Sorry kids.

Google does it with their stuff.

And if you dont think your android is spying on you……

Go back to carrier Pigeons (except when talking to @Bender ) if you want privacy.

If you are being watched like @wade2big is, they read all your snail mail, email, and listen to your conversations based off your location.
    And run the rest through algorithm software to see if it deems important enough for a person to listen to all of it.

And if you think for a minute, that any of that isn't true…..

Leave yer phones at home.
    Take the bus
    Pay cash
    You missed all your “smart” crap with microphones and cameras

And Alexa recording ! Everything within hear shot

And another thing.

This idea that the 4th amendment doesn’t apply to third parties is horseshit.

Like saying they can’t rob a bank. But they can pay someone else to rob it and give them the money

Bravo. Need repeated

Coppers always been like that.

Military and your neighbors not so much
    Believe me, it hurts me to say that about the military. The problem is that I've seen it. Lower enlisted will do just about anything they're told just to not get yelled at or get privileges taken away. Sure, they'll bitch and complain, but they'll do it. And when the crusty E6 or E7 tells the 1SG to stick it up his ass, there'll be a hard charging young E5 there to step up and prove how loyal and dependable he can be. Most Sergeants Major have already sacrificed their beliefs for their career, and are just trying to hang in and get a retirement. They won't give that up for you or anyone else.
    As far as neighbors go, my immediate neighbors are great. However, expand the definition to a few streets over, or to the community as a whole, and you run into lots of Karens (male and female versions) who want you to be stomped into submission so that they don't look like such a pussy by comparison. And all the alphabet agencies love nothing more than to make that happen. All the .gov workers are someone's neighbor. Sorry to be such a downer, I'm sure this new year will be better😊

China has 1.4 billion people. A market around 4x the size of the USA. If the choice is help or no access to our market, yeah they are going to play ball.

BTW big tech has always had the ability to watch. And have been. So if yous doing any thing you dont want them to see... dont use their products.

Reactions: 338dude
    China has 1.4 billion people. A market around 4x the size of the USA.
    You are full of shit. China's economy isn't 4x bigger than the US. Not by a mile.

You've been smoking something or reading a shit ton of propaganda or both.

You are full of shit. China's economy isn't 4x bigger than the US. Not by a mile.

Whoa Chemowasabi! Slow your roll.

He was talking about people, which is absolutely true. Also, while China currently accounts for less than half the gross revenue that Apple gets from the “Americas,” that’s a temporary situation. China is the world’s fastest growing economy, and they know it. If the big US tech companies want access to the largest and fastest growing economy, that is on pace to crush the US within the next 10-20 years, they will make any and every compromise they need to make that happen.

It’s survival of the fattest. Principles are great, but they are also the surest way to make a company uncompetitive. Most humans don’t care — which is why the majority of Americans are so willing to give up their liberties and say stupid shyte like “I have nothing to hide…”

Of course, in the process of forfeiting their own liberties, they forfeit ours as well.

The point was a potential market of 1.4 billion people to sell phones, I pads, and watches etc.

Obviously you mis under stood what I was saying.

I suggest you smoke something, and clam your ass down.

IMO Apple died with Steve Jobs

Its now just another soulless tech company

Google isn't any better
    but
    with non-apple phones at least there are some projects like GrapheneOS that are trying to limit what information they can collect about you. Not by any means private, just less wide open

IMO Apple died with Steve Jobs

Its now just another soulless tech company

Google isn't any better
    but
    with non-apple phones at least there are some projects like GrapheneOS that are trying to limit what information they can collect about you. Not by any means private, just less wide open
    Agreed.

Dick picture... the only dick was the one you imagined.
    Says the guy who post dick pics of himself on a gun forum........

Peperidge farm remembers.

Doc
    I live in Florida. Seeing people with their shit off is normal.

Imagining nonexistent dick pics... thats something you might want to discuss with your therapist.

Says the guy who post dick pics of himself on a gun forum........

Peperidge farm remembers.

Doc
    002BB66B-11D2-48A5-B930-717EE6E94EB1.jpeg

My point exactly. Thats just what they want us to know about. Im sure there capability far exceeds that.

Mike278 meet wade2big
    Sorry guys, I haven't had my booster yet. I promise I'll get back to cheering for the home team, thinking that Republicans are going to save us, pretending that our government isn't doing the same stuff as the commies, and forgetting that every liberal would love to see us rounded up and "re-educated", just as soon as I can get to the CVS.