• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Applied Ballistics Mobile now available for iPhone

The weather only worked one time in the beginning when I updated the app, but after that it stopped working. As far as the auto populate atmosphere, altitude it never worked.
I was wondering if you guys could add a button just like in Shooter App has that when you press that button you have the option to download the data from Atmosphere from Station right on the spot before calculating all that staff.

Thanks

When trying to input zero corrections there does not appear to be an option for designating them as U/D or +/-. Maybe I'm overlooking something simple. If it is something simple can you PM me the solution ASAP. I have a long range pig hunt Saturday and would like to use AB instead of Shooter

Last edited:
I got the atmosphere to read once, after deleting & reinstalling the app, but it doesn't seem to read from GPS after that first time.

There is no computer interface for the websync, it functions like a cloud in the sense that you sync up to save, or sync down to recover. The intent is not a separate development space, but rather a back up for your data so you don't loose profiles when you lose or break a phone.

-Bryan

Bryan,
I can appreciate not developing another user interface. I'm wondering if anyone has considered developing a way for the PC loader to retrieve from the cloud profiles synced there from the mobile device? For instance, an IOS user can build their profiles and save them to the cloud, if there was an interface in PC loader, they could be synced to the loader and then be moved to the kestrel.

Bill

Bryan
Any help with direction of zero offset would be greatly appreciated. I'm shooting both DTA SRS and HTI with multiple barrels and it would be nice to be able to enter the zero offsets for each. Thanks in advance

Bryan
Any help with direction of zero offset would be greatly appreciated. I'm shooting both DTA SRS and HTI with multiple barrels and it would be nice to be able to enter the zero offsets for each. Thanks in advance

Bryan and will get together tomorrow and get back to you.

-Nick

Maybe has already been reported.... But on table screen, set 1/10 mil clicks in gun screen, says 17 clicks for 200 m while it's 0,5 mils in the second column. How can it be? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407219970.079717.jpg

After the I installed the update I no longer get a solution after I put in all my info. It goes to the solution screen and displays zeros in all the boxes. I've reset my phone 3 times and the problem remains .

After the I installed the update I no longer get a solution after I put in all my info. It goes to the solution screen and displays zeros in all the boxes. I've reset my phone 3 times and the problem remains .

By chance did you disable calibration at the bottom of the Ballistic Calibration screen?

My tables still aren't right either. Wrote in here a couple weeks back on 7/27. My HUD readings work perfectly but the tables and reticle views are both still hosed up.
I've found I can get by with the HUD and my environment reads in to that perfectly which does not seem to be the case for others on this string.

Just guessing here. Under your rifle settings you wouldn't happen to have your elevation and wind correction factors set to zero or something different than "1" would you?
The other thing that goofed me up at first was I somehow had "Disable Calibration" checked and since it's below the screen edge where you enter your observed shot data nothing would change. So if that was checked before you ever entered any data I could see getting zero in all the HUD fields like you showed above.

Thanks for the advice CH Luke , I checked & my correction factor is set to zero . I have checked & rechecked everything about 20 times and still cannot get it to work . I've got coldbore on pda but I'm a bit disappointed I payed $30 for an app I can't use. Thanks again for your help mate .

In the first release the 175 SMK was all goofy but the update fixed that. That's the only bullet I've used so that was a problem.

I don't know the Z10 but I'm assuming it's running some Blackberry operating system. In which case it is not going to work.

Thanks mil_coder. Unfortunately I am stuck with the company Blackberry. I don't want to carry two phones so do you know of any android device that will run Applied Ballistics Mobile program.

Most Android devices such as phones and tablets run AB mobile. Personally, I picked up a used Google nexus tablet and it works great with the AB mobile and Kestrel companion app. Plus it gives me a bigger screen to work with and the display is top notch, even outside in direct sunlight.

With all settings to "metric" in the HUD view going down to 100 meters and then pressing + for other distances makes the distance go crazy: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409642645.512723.jpg you see that 134,4 m while step up should be 25.

I'd like to be able to set wind in km/h not only in m/s

In the making bullet page I would like to be able to insert the MV variation with decimal units (0,6 ms variation for 1 degree). It forces me to make entire units increments.

In the same page, inserting zero atmosphere temperature goes crazy when I press done. All units set to metric.

New and serious problem. my 4500 with usb interface now won't connect to a boot camped mac pro running win 7 or to a surface pro 3 running win 8.1. despite usb driver install andcKestrel communication install. I get Kestrel didn't enter transfer mode or too many crc error codes. Anbody have any useful thoughts? More than a little frustrating!!!!!

New and serious problem. my 4500 with usb interface now won't connect to a boot camped mac pro running win 7 or to a surface pro 3 running win 8.1. despite usb driver install andcKestrel communication install. I get Kestrel didn't enter transfer mode or too many crc error codes. Anbody have any useful thoughts? More than a little frustrating!!!!!

Try toggling from low to high settings on the Bluetooth page. Also, if you get stuck, don't be afraid to call Joe at NK for tech support. He has debugged this several times and gotten it working for people.

My trajectory chart shows MOA as the units in the column headers even though I have all set to MILs and the data is diplayed in MILs. Anyone know how to correct?

I have to say that this was one of the worst investments I have made. I thought that this would be best ballistic app there is. At least it is most expensive. It might be a good ballistic engine but bad UI ruins it totally. Few points I notices right away.
  • Screen does not scale to iPhone 11 Pro max
  • Views are blurry
  • There is not that many bullets. I bought this for .338 barnes TTSX and there is missing many from the light and heavy end
  • For some reason default environment is 1000 yards (914,4 meters) even though I have metric units
  • For some reason there is default 4,5m/s crosswind in default environment
  • I would love to be able to select default target profile which would correct two above problems
  • In HUD display -/+ buttons will change calculation results but values in range, wind and direction fields does not react at all
  • Instead of -/+ rolling selectors would be sweet in HUD
  • I would like to disable iphy totally from HUD because it’s useless info for me
  • In default environment ascending table end value is first and after that values are ascending from 0 to value before highest
  • It would be lovely to have multiple bullets in same chart
  • Some other minor things like range calculator says that 1 meter targer that scales to 1mrad is 999 meters away. Seems that native is imperial which is converted to meterics
Lapua ballistics use the same engine and UI is way better.