• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Applied for Stamps; Relocated while waiting

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    Sent off the paperwork and checks via my FFL (they finalized the paperwork because I have no idea what I'm doing) a few weeks ago. Everything went fine, paperwork is correct, checks are cashed, etc. Am getting stamps for an Ops Inc. suppressor and to SBR my Investment Grade Firearms build Tula Krinkov that currently has a fake suppressor attached for legal length.

My question is, since this is now submitted and my trust is listed to my home address in Florida, do I need to change anything since we just relocated to Utah? The address in Florida is still correct as we still own the home, but I have the Krinkov here with me and want to 'move' the suppressor here as well once it is released. How do I go about doing this with the Trust and ATF paperwork once everything is approved? Also, how do I move the suppressor to Utah? Can this be done via FedEx or what needs to happen?

Thanks

I moved while I was in the middle of SBR'ing an AR. I just called, spoke to the examiner, and she sent the forms back for me to change the address on. Of course I just moved to a different county (same state) unlike your situation. I did have a suppressor in at the same time, and my dealer said don't worry about it (changing address).

As long as they're both legal in UT, I'm sure you're fine, but I'm not an expert.

I would call the examiner thats what I had to do. She give me a form to fill out and I sent it back them. But who knows they are always changing things up!

They are for sure legal here in Utah. There is a form you submit to the ATF with change of address forms. Utah is an NFA friendly state.

I'd wait til the forms come back then send in a 5320.20 for for the address change. Anything you do while the transfer is in progress can slow things down and or screw things up. If you still own the property at the address on the form you can show legal residency for the purpose. Receive the firearm there and then move it to your new location. Since its legal to own in Utah as well you don't need any more permissions but they do ask that you update your info. Cans don't require a 5320.20 to move across state lines legally but permanent moves should have it done. You can call to speak to the examiner but all the time they spend on the phone is time they aren't working on their forms. It slows down not only your transfer but everyone elses too. The customer service people who answer the phone may be able to help but its a crap shoot.

Hope that helps

Frank