• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

miss november

Private
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2013
I am in the market for a higher end AR-10 and would like to here some suggestions. My main focus is on accuracy and I will also be shooting suppressed more times than not. Since I will be shooting suppressed I want to stay below 20" barrel length. I have looked hard at the GAP-10 and is where I am leaning now but before I spend the money I wanted to run it by you guys first. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thank you. I have also not ruled out a SCAR.

There are a lot of threads on this - I was recently reading a bunch of them - so your not getting an answer from me based on experience, just my reading... Seems folks like the LMT, DPMS POF etc. seems to be a lot of good .308 AR platform rifles. Do you have a price range? JP rifles is supposed to make some good ones as well...

Can't go wrong with GAP. They're freakishly accurate, you just can't go wrong with them. JP and LMT also make excellent weapon systems.

I wish the GAP was piston driven but for what I will do with it maybe it doesn't matter. I probably will be just punching paper at home.

I realize that the discussion of piston VS direct gas impingement is as much a part of this discussion as brand of rifle to buy. However, that discussion is not relevant if the buyer has his mind made up on a piston rifle. I guess that is like telling someone set on buying a Ford that they should consider Chevy. But that is a good place to start the inquiry.

1. Are you set on piston VS direct gas?
Yes: Then only look at gas guns.
No: Then you can look at buying anything.