• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR Ban Implications on existing owners and Boulder Tragedy

First and only post in the Bear Pit - many will be glad
1. I love America, I love my guns, know how to use them, practice often, just not combat and believe in my 2nd amendment rights
2. There are probably some ex military or special forces on here and I thank you for serving - my cousin was a Marine based in Da Nang in the late 60's and my brother in law died 30 years later from Hep B from being a med evac pilot in the same place - I worship them
3. I should have known better than to post this topic here - it will be people like me that end up saving your second amendment rights through intelligent discourse, legal protection and compromise
4. I wonder how many of the haters on here have actually used their weapons to protect their life or anyone's - LE and Military excepted and I humbly thank you for serving society and our country -
5. The toys comment was a joke - obviously they are very serious business - I just have way more than I actually need hence the humor
6. For those that can read I was actually arguing for AR's by stating a pistol is more dangerous - and I never came close to suggesting banning handguns
7. I would be outraged if the government actually tried to take my AR's - is was only interesting to explore how they would compensate, as was said, the genie is out of the bottle and at this point a ban would only put them in the hands of the bad guys.
8. I assume none of you that hate posted objected to not selling guns to violent convicted criminals or crazy people - unless you are hiding something
9. All the incendiary and ignorant comments here were actually amusing - except the guy that posted the Rosa Parks comment - You - I would like to face you in the boxing ring without your gun to protect you.

Your worship of LE and mil lacks a fundamental understanding of history

And yes, the constitution says ex cons have a right to arms.

If you really think the government would buy your ARs, ask yourself how many people got to sell their bump stocks to the government.

They declare ARs contraband,and if you're caught with one afterward,you get to vacation at the brown hole hotel.

3. I should have known better than to post this topic here - it will be people like me that end up saving your second amendment rights through intelligent discourse, legal protection and compromise

Lol. This is what we’re afraid of. People like you who don’t have a clue yet feel that you can be the savior by speaking on our behalf. No thank you

Just turn them in you don't want to be a criminal do you?

Oh and by the way if you give us a few of your neighbors names who are refusing to turn there's in, we will give you a stimulus check for each arrest that leads to a conviction.

Sir please don't make a fuss it's only for a short time please get on the train... you will be back soon. You don't want to be a criminal do you?
Just get on the train.
Ahhhh I see someone went with the European talking points 😂😂😂😂

Me after reading his #3:
1617082613912.gif

I spent time in the Hindu Kush in remote Pakistan and also the tribal areas in 1993 - it was quite an experience.
Many of us here have spent time in fun places...across multiple years and in various positions.

What I mean is go live, for multiple years, like a citizen, in other countries that share your views on firearms. Then either comeback to the table or stay there.

1. I love America, I love my guns, know how to use them, practice often, just not combat and believe in my 2nd amendment rights
2. There are probably some ex military or special forces on here and I thank you for serving - my cousin was a Marine based in Da Nang in the late 60's and my brother in law died 30 years later from Hep B from being a med evac pilot in the same place - I worship them
4. I wonder how many of the haters on here have actually used their weapons to protect their life or anyone's - LE and Military excepted and I humbly thank you for serving society and our country -
5. The toys comment was a joke - obviously they are very serious business - I just have way more than I actually need hence the humor
6. For those that can read I was actually arguing for AR's by stating a pistol is more dangerous - and I never came close to suggesting banning handguns
7. I would be outraged if the government actually tried to take my AR's - is was only interesting to explore how they would compensate, as was said, the genie is out of the bottle and at this point a ban would only put them in the hands of the bad guys.
8. I assume none of you that hate posted objected to not selling guns to violent convicted criminals or crazy people - unless you are hiding something
9. All the incendiary and ignorant comments here were actually amusing - except the guy that posted the Rosa Parks comment - You - I would like to face you in the boxing ring without your gun to protect you.

I tried. I really did. But your #3?

GTFO.png

I firmly believe that an armed society to protect us from the government is a basic right created by the founding fathers - Again - I was only looking for the line and where it should be. Should everyone have a grenade launcher in the safe - for those on this post that think the Russians and Chinese are coming sure.

During the founder's time, congress granted letters of Marque and Reprisal to captains of privately-owned war ships, if that answers your question.
Arms is an inclusive term.

Im not mad at you, im just really, really, really dissapointed.
The King Soopers tragedy hit close to home as it is 1 mile from my son's college apartment and he usually shops there on Monday's - fortunately he was with me that night - It got me thinking about my position on an A/R ban - I have several in addition to my bolt guns. I wonder what would happen to existing legal owners - I have heard the government would pay for the weapons if they ever took them away. It would be interesting if I they would pay what we all paid - which could be quite pricey, especially when you include the scope.

It also got me thinking about a solution to the problem - I have always argued that picking on AR's is stupid, as a common hand gun has about the same capacity, rate of fire and can fit in your pocket and is far more dangerous in most circumstances (except things like the Las Vegas Shooting) - meaning a crazy can not typically walk in a movie theater toting his 308 AR.

I think if I were going to address this problem I would limit sales of high mag anything to people that had any sort of violence convictions for a long time and maybe some day let them buy a deer rifle to hunt, lengthen the waiting period and increase the scrutiny on background checks. Also I have always been surprised that short barrel AR Pistols are legal - the Velcro thing on the butt stock is a joke and they are no different from a normal AR.

Again I love my shooting and hunting hobby, but the only use I can think of for a 10 in barrel 556 or 308 BO is urban warfare. (Maybe for hogs??)

I would think they are terrible home defense weapons as you will shoot through your walls and into your neighbors house -

Perhaps if you lived in Mogadishu or Darfur they would be handy to protect the family from roaming terrorists and genocidal maniacs but not here.
The ladies always love 10 inches.... you can tell you dont know about that though.

We are what 94 on the intentional homicide rate per 100k persons. How bout you look at the countries with higher rates than us and look at their gun laws. Hell Brazil that had extremly strict gun laws over the past several decades sees that it doesnt work and loosened the gun restrictions recently. Jamaica is no 3 on the list and its extremely hard for civilians to purchase and keep firearms.

Now look at how ofter a rifle of any kind is used in crimes and homicide in the US. Its quite rare. We have had more mass shootings and shootings with rifles in Bidens presidency than we had under trump and Biden just started. Hmm wonder why. Maybe because they want to push new bans?

Op is a complete moron if he thinks he and his kind of thinking will be the savior of the 2nd A.

I have studied martial arts for decades. You would be shocked at what weapon rests next to my bed, and is closer than my nearest gun.
Killing 10 people in a grocery store (fish in a barrel), would be achievable by a long list of weapons, and I am not talking about just guns.
I don't think the solution to a murderous mind is to ban any sort/class of weapon.

If there is a solution, it would likely fall into the methods used in Israel, where a large portion of the population is encouraged to be armed and trained. A couple of trained and armed people in the store would have likely changed the outcome.

I have the good fortune of living in a constitutional concealed carry state. I am comforted by the notion that any random citizen in the store may
very well be armed. It adds a lot to the "think twice" factor in Arizona.

Last edited:
1. I love America, I love my guns
....no you dont.....

you arent protecting shit by "compromising" it away....

i own the weapons i do because they are the most efficient at protecting myself and my family.....neither you, the govt, or anyone else in this world have the moral or legal right to tell me what weapons i may own......and i am not going to "compromise" away rights i have to appease some brain dead ex-Vice president....

there is only 1 reason anyone would want me to have a less efficient means of defending myself.....and that is because they intent to do me harm.

so tell me, what do i get in this "compromise"?....its not a compromise if i am just losing out consistently........

i cant walk into your house and demanding you pay me $100......and when you refuse, i say "ok compromise with me, how about just $50 then".....
you dont want to know the answer to that pal.....especially not on here.
you would be "outraged"......but you are more than happy to "compromise" though....right?

define "crazy" people......are people who think they have a right to own weapons "crazy".......our current govt seems to think so.

define "violent convicted criminal"......because right now the govt is hell bent on labeling anyone who is slightly conservative as a "radical right wing terrorist"......

you would 100% have your ass handed to you.

my guns are not for "hunting".....they are not for "sporting use"...they are for killing terrorists, tyrants, and people who wish to do me harm....

so yes, i do NEED 30 round mags.......i do NEED 10.5" barrels......i do NEED Full auto.......i do NEED a fucking grenade launcher....

The King Soopers tragedy hit close to home as it is 1 mile from my son's college apartment and he usually shops there on Monday's - fortunately he was with me that night - It got me thinking about my position on an A/R ban - I have several in addition to my bolt guns. I wonder what would happen to existing legal owners - I have heard the government would pay for the weapons if they ever took them away. It would be interesting if I they would pay what we all paid - which could be quite pricey, especially when you include the scope.

It also got me thinking about a solution to the problem - I have always argued that picking on AR's is stupid, as a common hand gun has about the same capacity, rate of fire and can fit in your pocket and is far more dangerous in most circumstances (except things like the Las Vegas Shooting) - meaning a crazy can not typically walk in a movie theater toting his 308 AR.

I think if I were going to address this problem I would limit sales of high mag anything to people that had any sort of violence convictions for a long time and maybe some day let them buy a deer rifle to hunt, lengthen the waiting period and increase the scrutiny on background checks. Also I have always been surprised that short barrel AR Pistols are legal - the Velcro thing on the butt stock is a joke and they are no different from a normal AR.

Again I love my shooting and hunting hobby, but the only use I can think of for a 10 in barrel 556 or 308 BO is urban warfare. (Maybe for hogs??)

I would think they are terrible home defense weapons as you will shoot through your walls and into your neighbors house -

Perhaps if you lived in Mogadishu or Darfur they would be handy to protect the family from roaming terrorists and genocidal maniacs but not here.
You need to go suck start a shotgun, then at least you wouldn't be using an AR.......

Doc

I believe I was arguing for AR ownership, " I have always argued that picking on AR's is stupid" and against selling guns to mentally deranged people that have extreme violence convictions and questioning short barrel AR's purpose -

I absolutely do not want the government to come take my toys.

I really was not expecting this sort of response and had hoped for intelligent discourse among people that love shooting and hunting as much as I to a serious problem facing our great country. Darkfader and Super Corn Dogs - what part did you object to? Also, do you actually own a double barreled dildo bike and if so - how do you use it and what is it for?
The shooter VA Tech along with the massacre at fort hood were committed with pistols.....I actually was less than 100ft from the fort hood shooting......I wish I had my AR that day.

Now go away.

Doc

Well, speaking as the son of someone who got fucked over by the 96’ confiscation of all things fun in Australia, all I’m going to say since I now live in the USA, “good fucking luck government”. Not in this country.
And I refer you to New Zealand.

my guns are not for "hunting".....they are not for "sporting use"...they are for killing terrorists, tyrants, and people who wish to do me harm....

so yes, i do NEED 30 round mags.......i do NEED 10.5" barrels......i do NEED Full auto.......i do NEED a fucking grenade launcher....
Reminds me of my Obama/Hillary supporting / Trump hating retired school teacher ex aunt by divorce who saw a pic of my ARs on my phone and said "Now see, I can understand target shooting but I don't understand why anyone should be allowed to own guns like that."
I asked that stupid commie bitch, "So you think the founders added the 2nd Amendment to protect future target shooters?" I added "It's to protect the citizens from a tyrannical government."

Her response was "So, you think you can stand up to the U.S. military?" I responded "So, you think we are going to have to? You people think you have it all figured out don't you?"

Her response was "So You think you can stand up to the U.S. military?" I responded "So you think we are going to have to? You people think you have it all figured out don't you?"
this response drives me up the fucking wall.

1) yes i actually do think the civilian population could...i mean, if the Taliban and Vietcong could.....im pretty sure we could scrap something together.

2) that implies that compliance is the best option...how did that work out for the jews?

3) thats implying that, like you said, we would have to...and people are just okay with that??

3A).....and if you think we would have to.....why are you advocating for less civilian ownership of weapons?......do they want the tyrannical govt that is ok with murdering its citizens to win???

4) have they seen the direction the military is heading in?......its going to be nothing but women, trannies, and blue haired soy boys in less than 10 years.....

"Compromise," to them, is to give you a jar of Vaseline before sticking it up your ass. When you run out of Vaseline, it is no longer "compromise."

Do most/all of your optics have Quigley Ford scopes on them? A running shot on an elk is impressive by anyone's standards and it takes a really good optic to pull that off.
I assume since you box you're into weight lifting? Most middleweights should be able to bench on average 275 lbs.
Don't listen to these extremists. Compromise and words are where it's at these days. It's good to have strong people like you willing to negotiate our rights away to make us all safer.
I know you want to make me safer. You know you want to make me safer. You know that I know that I know you want to make me safer.

Reactions: jcm331 and sam4886

Seriously??
How do you interpret Shall Not Be Infringed?
How long do you think you'll have any of the other Rights in the Constitution if you don't have the 2nd?
Something tells me that you are in favor of the Red Flag Laws.

I can guarantee that it won't be people like you that save the 2A.

OP says why not wear a mask forever, who needs to eat at restaurants, why shouldnt the govt decide who can and cant work, when your kids will go to school and now wants them to determine what he will or will not use to defend himself.

How did you get this far?

Everything you are living right now isnt bizarre and you dont see the end game?

The Rosa Parks comment was absolutely pertinent and intelligent.

The fact you cant fathom its meaning is why you do not fairly value your freedom or what the Constitution is meant to protect.

You have already surrendered.

Joined in 2013 amd didnt decide to use your account till 8 years later.....🤣🤣🤣🤣👌👌👌👌

Doc

I agree on McVeigh and in fact questioned one of my non gun friends just this morning that we cannot outlaw fertilizer. I also almost bought an SBR in 6.8 SPC - I love that round - I would have gotten a 12 in barrel - I am just struggling with what is starting to be a common practice - mass shootings in America. - I would have used the 6.8 for pigs. Now I use the 16.5 barrel POF 6.8 instead.

If my post was actually read I was really only questioning SBR's as that was what I assume was used in the grocery store and can project massive firepower hidden under a jacket - although they never post whether it was that or the pistol. Ultimately the line has to be drawn somewhere - and I thank those that have given useful responses.

I have never posted in the Bearpit and I guess I am not surprised by some of the responses.

People immediately jump to I am advocating for giving up freedom and the 2nd amendment. I firmly believe that an armed society to protect us from the government is a basic right created by the founding fathers - Again - I was only looking for the line and where it should be. Should everyone have a grenade launcher in the safe - for those on this post that think the Russians and Chinese are coming sure.

I would like to point out that my 13th amendment rights were clearly violated by my ex wife.

I think you have unresolved issues.

What does some maniacs unlawful use of a firearm have to do with any lawful owner?

Are you having urges? Im concerned..........

Joined in 2013 amd didnt decide to use your account till 8 years later.....🤣🤣🤣🤣👌👌👌👌

Doc

He has other posts.

Looks like he is interested in getting a can.......a freedom I cant excercise.

Guessing he thinks they will give him full value on "buyback".

SBR or Can......no concern it costs you a stamp and background to get one? Why didnt the ATF stop this?

Govt aint stopping criminals these days.

Scared people are easily controlled.

"I absolutely do not want the government to come take my toys."

Is this what they are? Toys? Do we find them in the pre schoolers toy bins?

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Thanks for the nice response
I never thought the shot was unethical but perhaps you are right - each one had all three shots we fired in them. We had been freezing for 4 days in 20 degrees from before dawn to after sunset - and these were the only animals we saw - our very experienced guide had us set up on a ridge and he chased them out of the dark timber -

What did you guys use to shoot your elk?
3 running shots each at 275 would be damn fine shooting.

Reactions: Dewey7271
Come to Tennessee and PM me when you get here. No boxing ring needed.

What I like about his challenge to you, re; the Rosa Parks comment, is he didn't understand one damn thing about it.

Wasn't there a TV program way back in the day called Point, counter point?

Anyway, if it does happen, please film it.

Thanks for the nice response
I never thought the shot was unethical but perhaps you are right - each one had all three shots we fired in them. We had been freezing for 4 days in 20 degrees from before dawn to after sunset - and these were the only animals we saw - our very experienced guide had us set up on a ridge and he chased them out of the dark timber -
"You each put three shots in running animals, at the instruction of a very experienced guide." I feel about 99% sure this story is total bullshit. Most of your posts read like you have no idea what you are talking about.

Am I incorrect in thinking an SBR is the same as an AR pistol

Hi,

Lets sound it out real quick, just like in kindergarten...

Short Barreled R I F L E.....P I S T O L...........

Homework assignment: Search the dictionary and get the definitions for each and report back with you findings for review.

Sincerely,
Theis

So the shooter gets off blame free and they blame the tool he used?
So the answer is to attack every law-abiding citizen who owns the same tool?

Man are we fucked when they use the same logic to go after rapists....

You don't save anything through compromise. The literal definition of compromise is parties making concessions to end a dispute. When have antigunners given us anything? It's always one side making concessions under the guise of safety.

What you are doing is trying to ease your pain out of fear, trying to rationalize that if you must take the pill, you're only doing it this one time. It's no different than telling your drunk wife that stumbled in at 0300 that you're sick of her behavior, please try to only prowl the bars once or twice a week.

You aren't the 2nd Amendment warrior that you think you are. It will not be you and your kind doing anything but continuing us down the road to having our grandkids keep their 22 in a state armory and asking permission to target shoot. You have taken the leftist approach of crying foul when people refuse to accept your opinion, and upset you with facts.

Please stop considering television as education, and using talking points as "facts". They aren't. Those "facts" that you keep espousing are readily refuted by people that actually know what they are talking about. Incementalism is a thing, and you are on board.

#3 I can agree with the first half of that one. You Should have taken this fagbotry elsewhere or kept it to yourself. Or just quit pretending and admit you are here to push control. You are not fooling anyone with your bullshit stories.

There are already laws on the books to cover #8. Have you been convicted of a felony, have you been adjudicated as mentally defective. What does a mental midget think that means?

Funny, the numbered bullet point answer shit like Chode. :unsure:

"Hater" 😂:ROFLMAO:😂:ROFLMAO:

A term used to deflect criticism and erect a mental dissonance that allows one to ignore further criticism in continued delusion of one's own competence, skill or talent.

For you to be able to save us with intelligent discourse, you would have to be capable of it.

You sound just like all the trolls. "If we don't give up bumpstockj, we will loose so much more."

Last edited:

I dont want to come across as harsh but this line of thinking is asinine. Practically speaking, roughly the same amount of people are struck by lightning per year as are killed by rifles of any form. 25 times that amount of people die as a result from people getting shitfaced and driving and it registers pretty much a zero on society give a fuck meter. We all pretty much shrug our shoulders and say hey... what can you do?

If we as a society in 2021 can not figure out a way to prevent drunk drivers from doing dumb shit, please forgive me if i am unwilling to give one inch on the topic

This "problem" is completely manufactured and entertaining any of this non sense is incredibly naive. This line of thinking is the reason why a 25 year old with zero commodities, and has been vaccinated still has to walk around with a diaper on his face. The whole if it saves just one life, we are better off for it is absolutely cancerous.

The 2nd has never been about recreational activities, its always been there to allow the people to shoot people in the face that needed to be shot in the face.

Last edited:
Shoots at a elk in full run, at 275yds, guide says ok, lol.

Another retard on ignore, damn these people are coming out of the woodwork.

Reactions: 10ring'r
So the people of boulder decided that they can call 911 rather than take personal responsibility for their safety. Found out that the gov't really doesn't give two shits about your safety, and now figures that while taking your money they can take your rights to protect yourself. That way they can confiscate more of your money and force not ask you to do more stupid shit. Hmm, and we have a tard that thinks(not really well btw) if we just fold now they will stop asking us to give up more rights or more money in taxes. Meanwhile, they send it overseas to launder it through foreign companies to family members so it goes back into their pockets.
Rifles all rifles not just the AR platform kill less than 1 per day in this country out of appx 10k murders per year. Of the 10k murders by firearm 73% are committed by a gangster ie MS13, mafia, etc. 66% are gangster on gangster. So subtract 7300 puts us roughly at 2700 total. out of 330,000,000 yet we are to give up our rights for this. How about they don't allow plea bargaining on any firearm crimes. The worst is when illegal alien's firearm charges are dropped so they don't get deported. The amount of foreign national murders in our country is unacceptable yet not outrage there.
If you are going to turn in your scary black rifles good for you. Ben Franklin had something to say about people like that. Pick up a book and find out what that was.