• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

AR15 free-float forearm that retains the deltaRing

duckares

Private
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Recommendations needed on an AR-15 (rifle-length gas system) free-float forearm that does not involve the removal of the delta ring or the FSB.

Attempting to increase the accuracy potential of an issued rifle without alterations. ARMS, Troy, & MI required the delta ring be cut. DD needed the FSB removed. Vltor's CASV-M is about 3-inches short.

Thanks for the help.

Re: AR15 free-float forearm that retains the deltaRing

Daniel Defense Omega rail.

http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=118

WAY better than an ARM Sir. The C versions of the ARMS Sir Doesn't require mods either, but it's sucks. It's heavy, top rail raises your optic too much. The bottom section of the ARMS Sir is plastic, and if you mount a Vertical grip on it, it's wiggle. Heck I bet with hard use you'd rip the grip right off. Oh yeah and I lost one of the top rail securing nuts even though it was locktighted. ARMS rep was a huge asshole to me, and said the little nut would cost 8bucks to replace plus 6bucks shipping and handling.

+1 on the DD Omega. Really excellent setup. Hit up John over at rainierarms, he'll take awesome care of you, and will also give you a miltary discount. If my issued rifle hadn't come with rails, that's exactally what I'd have bought.

The DD Omega is ABSOLUTELY the way to go without a doubt. It is a much better setup than the ARMS SIR 59C which would also allow you to keep the delta ring. The quality of the DD Omega is much better than the ARMS and DD is a company that you can count on to do the right thing in the unlikely event that you need customer service from them!

If you just want a FreeFloat handguard and not all the rails and such look into what highpower shooters use ..... I have no idea what the name of it is or who makes it but its a FF set up that retains the look of the original handguard.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you just want a FreeFloat handguard and not all the rails and such look into what highpower shooters use ..... I have no idea what the name of it is or who makes it but its a FF set up that retains the look of the original handguard. </div></div>

Compass Lake Engineering (CLE) makes them and they are VERY nice. I have one installed in my NM Service Rifle and it is top notch (as is everything from CLE). They completely retain the external appearance of the A2 rifles, but give you a free-floated barrel.

http://www.compasslake.com/float_tube.htm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nickh46</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another vote for DD Omega. </div></div>

I went with a Yankee Hill. If I was going to do it over, I would also go with the DD Omega.

Oh yeah and I have to add that Daniel Defense has Baddass Customer service. I had an out of spec rail on an M4 12.0 Rail, and they sent me a new one right away without me sending them anything. The said they'd throw in a return shipping label for the old one. When I got the new one, it was perfect, but didn't have the shipping label. I asked them what they'd like me to do, and that I'd be more than happy to ship it back to them. They just told me to not worry about it.

Very stand up of them. I just put it on a build that I don't mount accessories to.

DD Omega is your only option. The NM rails will require removal of the FSB and bbl nut.

I've got some friends in the sandbox who are using the Omegas. They install in about 5 min.

One more for DD, their products are the stuff. I've installed 2 DD Lite 12.0 rails in the last 2 weeks, looking forward to getting an Omega for my new Middy upper. Hands-down DD makes the best quad rails available.

-matt

DD omega is the best bet. Everything I've handled by DD has just impressed the crap out of me. KAC makes the rails on M4's and M16A4's, but I don't think I'd shell out the money for them if I had it laying around. The price for all of their gear is pretty redicilous. $250 for an armor's wrench wtf!!! I can't really think of any other FF rail for you that would stick right onto an issued weapon quickly and without tools.

Installed a DD Omega 12 after removing the FSB & FH. Definitely agree with the quality & fit.

Thanks for the solid advise.

Question,the rail is advertised requiring zero modification to the host weapon. Why was the FSB and FH removed?

DD Omega +10000000001 best way to go IF you want to keep the delta ring IMO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Badshot308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Question,the rail is advertised requiring zero modification to the host weapon. Why was the FSB and FH removed? </div></div>

The handguard cap developed a rattle and had to be removed. Otherwise no weapon modification was necessary to install the DD Omega 12.