• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ARC Coup de Grace Builds

Here it is, ready to take its first shots.
20230516_194241.jpg
20230516_194444.jpg

Attachments

• 20230516_194241.jpg
    20230516_194241.jpg
    466.4 KB · Views: 262
@S3th, do you confirm that the action back screw of the MDT elite has to be filed a little for the bolt to operate properly?
Or did you find a washer after having cut it?;)

@S3th, do you confirm that the action back screw of the MDT elite has to be filed a little for the bolt to operate properly?
Or did you find a washer after having cut it?;)

I just hand sanded it down. About a 3 minute process. Still haven’t found a washer :)

Reactions: giumau1
Is the 1.26" M-Brace a good fit for a 56mm objective with the Xylo chassis?
You can use the Medium 1.10 and have a 1/4" of space between the objective with scope cap and bull barrel. I have mediums on a 60mm objective bull barrel and 1/8" of space with scope cap. I have lows on 50mm obj with scope caps and 1/4" space.

You can use the Medium 1.10 and have a 1/4" of space between the objective with scope cap and bull barrel. I have mediums on a 60mm objective bull barrel and 1/8" of space with scope cap. I have lows on 50mm obj with scope caps and 1/4" space.
I am currently using the Low (0.98") height and it fits a 56mm scope with a proof competition contour barrel. It's pretty close but it isn't touching.

Reactions: FredHammer
I am currently using the Low (0.98") height and it fits a 56mm scope with a proof competition contour barrel. It's pretty close but it isn't touching.
I guess we should clarify what MOA cant if any on the rail...

Ok, here’s the CDG + KRG build guide:
1) set up your trigger hanger and trigger as per Ted’s how-to video.
2) grind down the protruding front set screw of the trigger hanger until it is flush with the hanger itself. Set aside.
3) fire up your 7-axis Dremel mill and remove material in the chassis backbone to provide clearance for the forward end of the trigger hanger.
4) remove the trigger guard retaining screw, countersink the hole (lower the trigger guard so as not to fowl the brass threads), and replace with flat head screw.
5) verify fit of barreled action, torque action screws to spec, and rock on.

IMG_9032.jpeg
IMG_9033.jpeg
IMG_9034.jpeg
IMG_9038.jpeg
IMG_9037.jpeg

Build specs:
CDG, round knob, non-fluted bolt
PVA 6.5 CM 1-7.5 22” M24
PVA Jet Blast brake
KRG Whiskey3
AIAW mags
Steiner T6xi 3-18x56 MSR2
ARC MBrace 1.5” mount

I’m ordering parts while waiting for my CDG LA to get here. Has anyone put a CDG in a KRG Bravo or MDT Oryx? Anyone see any issues with either of these?

I’m ordering parts while waiting for my CDG LA to get here. Has anyone put a CDG in a KRG Bravo or MDT Oryx? Anyone see any issues with either of these?
I haven’t put one in a KRG, but others have talked about having to do some adjustments to accommodate the trigger hanger and the post right above your post said he had to do mods to his chassis. Also hit up @alpine_troop as well as he looks like he had to do mods to his as well…. I’m pretty sure it’s going to be the same across all KRG lines

Reactions: Saluki2003
Is anyone getting any updates on LA orders? I've emailed about 5 times, gotten nothing in response. The original order said "3-4 months" (if I recall correctly) and we are at the backend of that now - with zero updates.

Or is it just me?

I haven’t put one in a KRG, but others have talked about having to do some adjustments to accommodate the trigger hanger and the post right above your post said he had to do mods to his chassis. Also hit up @alpine_troop as well as he looks like he had to do mods to his as well…. I’m pretty sure it’s going to be the same across all KRG lines
Thanks…I saw the post above I wasn’t sure if all KRG would be the same.

Is anyone getting any updates on LA orders? I've emailed about 5 times, gotten nothing in response. The original order said "3-4 months" (if I recall correctly) and we are at the backend of that now - with zero updates.

Or is it just me?
Nope, not that I’ve heard of. I originally told you guys to write this off until Christmas. It sounds a lot to me like they received hugely more orders than they expected, though I honestly have no idea.

Remember though that Ted originally was hesitant to even start a pre-order because there are always those that think they have patience, but run out soon enough.

I suggest that you stop emailing and bugging them about it. They did ask that we not do so, especially five times. If they had a good answer for you yet, I expect you would have received it.

Chill and Netflix. 🤙🏻🍻

Or is it just me?
they are still on day one orders

Reactions: lash
Nope, not that I’ve heard of. I originally told you guys to write this off until Christmas. It sounds a lot to me like they received hugely more orders than they expected, though I honestly have no idea.

Remember though that Ted originally was hesitant to even start a pre-order because there are always those that think they have patience, but run out soon enough.

I suggest that you stop emailing and bugging them about it. They did ask that we not do so, especially five times. If they had a good answer for you yet, I expect you would have received it.

Chill and Netflix. 🤙🏻🍻
Not that it needs justification, but if someone tells me "3-4 months", I don't see a problem in expecting that.

And I sent the FFL info but got no verification or response, and didn't want them to come back later and say "the FFL was wrong so we..."

Anyway, I can be quite patient, I just wanted to be sure I wasn't an outlier - and it sounds like I very much am not.

That was a KRG.
Yeah…I meant I wasn’t sure if all KRG models would be the same.

Once I get the action and barrel I’ll be taking it to a gunsmith for some help with fitment. Last thing I want to do is screw up the first chassis or stock I get my hands on.

20230610_085245.jpg
Took my CDG out to 100yards this past weekend. Stuck a 1/2" target sticker on some card stock. Very impressive group with factory ammo.
3 rounds of 168gr Sig Elite Marksman 308. Group size measured 0.372".

I am absolutely over the moon with this rifle.

Sadly I had my scope dialed for wind for a range day 2 weeks ago.

View attachment 8161997Took my CDG out to 100yards this past weekend. Stuck a 1/2" target sticker on some card stock. Very impressive group with factory ammo.
3 rounds of 168gr Sig Elite Marksman 308. Group size measured 0.372".

I am absolutely over the moon with this rifle.

Sadly I had my scope dialed for wind for a range day 2 weeks ago.
I’m bad about that, not resetting everything to zero when I’m done. My bad habit. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m bad about that, not resetting everything to zero when I’m done. My bad habit. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ha! We've all done that a time or three.

Was shooting the 30 BR last week and had dialed out to 600 for a few shots.
Thought I had dialed back to zero and plunked two next to a decent group.
Turns out I was still 1 mil high.

It should have looked like this with a group below the left aiming point.

20230607_110354.jpg

Instead, it looked like this:

20230607_110406.jpg

Well, shit!

BTW, the neck tension was less than zero. No brass resizing at all. 110 V-Max just sitting on the powder charge.😁

Finally got my new rings so the build is now finished. Almost done with load dev also. 6.5x47 shooting 130 hybrids. This group is .422” but I think I can improve it with a little more seating depth testing.

IMG_5052.jpeg

IMG_5050.jpeg

So I’m on the fence here, my two options are put it in an HNT26 or wait 6 months for a Manners with the forged red/OD green.

IMG_5765.jpeg

Also the LOP on the HNT is short enough I wouldn’t have to buy new rings but a new manners would definitely require higher rings to completely clear the rail.

Also an EH-1 with 700 inlet will require a slight filing of the left side to clear the bolt release.

Reactions: BLEE
So I’m on the fence here, my two options are put it in an HNT26 or wait 6 months for a Manners with the forged red/OD green.

View attachment 8168355

Also the LOP on the HNT is short enough I wouldn’t have to buy new rings but a new manners would definitely require higher rings to completely clear the rail.

Also an EH-1 with 700 inlet will require a slight filing of the left side to clear the bolt release.
Not only that, you'll have to mill the rear pillar and inlet for the trigger hanger. I had a kelbly with hanger in an eh1. It requires fitment.

Not only that, you'll have to mill the rear pillar and inlet for the trigger hanger. I had a kelbly with hanger in an eh1. It requires fitment.

Mine has the new M5 mini chassis and I didn’t notice any fitment issues with the trigger hanger, I was able to get the front screw in but the rear screw wouldn’t line up right due to the bolt release caching on the edge of the stock.

Mine has the new M5 mini chassis and I didn’t notice any fitment issues with the trigger hanger, I was able to get the front screw in but the rear screw wouldn’t line up right due to the bolt release caching on the edge of the stock.
Is that something that a little judicious filing would resolve?

Is that something that a little judicious filing would resolve?
It should, probably only needs 1/8” or a 1/4” removed to completely clear it. That stock currently has an Archimedes bolted on to it but I wanted to see how the bloodshot forged pattern jived with the red bolt knob on the CDG.

I would probably go with the Pro Hunter for the CDG which is a bit lighter and is set up for side bolt releases.

Oh okay, I was referring to standard eh1/ph/lrh without a mini chassis.