• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Are accuracy nodes always the same velocity?

glock24

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 14, 2006
    West Michigan
    I have found one accuracy node for my 6.5x47mm Lapua using Berger 130g VLDs. Since they are on back-order, I've decided to test some Hornady 140g A-Maxs. The accuracy node for these A-Max rounds happens to be the same velocity as the 130g Bergers. More powder of course, but the same velocity.

Is this how it is supposed to work, or is it just a coincidence?

Thanks

Re: Are accuracy nodes always the same velocity?

Maybe? I noticed the same thing with my 6x47L.108's and 115's at 3070-3080 fps.Then I have to get them up to 3120 fps for the next node.

Steve

Re: Are accuracy nodes always the same velocity?

One of the node for the 175 SMK and 190 SMK are also very close in velocity in my 308 with Varget. There is also a node at about the same velocity with 210's and RL-17. Haven't studied it enough to draw any conclusions about it myself.

I have found that the nodes are at about the same velocity for different brands of brass, with all other components being the same.