• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Are Millet LRS's decent? I had to replace my old Millett using a new one..(Warranty)

Serbu50

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2013
I need to put some glass on a 50 BMG that we will never shoot past 500 yards at my buddy's range. I moved my nightforce over to another rifle. I sent them my old Millet, and the glass seals were bad.. it was fogging. They said they would replace it with an LRS 6-25x56 for pretty cheap compared to what I could get it for on the internet. The guy at Bushnell assured me the 35mm tube and glass could take my .50 bmg with their supplied rings. I went for it... it was a cheap enough risk. Has anybody here got anything good to say about this Millett? Lots of bad reviews on the net... Just curious if anybody here has had good luck with them...

I have one millett
4-16x50
buck gold
no complaints
tracks well
clear glass
even at the top
mil is correct at 10.5 is only neg
if you could call it that
compared to my NF & MK4- for the price their a sweeeeeeeeet deal
I had a bud who had to send one back 3 times to get it right
but bottom line Millett made it right

I have a LRS Mildot Bar 35mm on my AR50A1 50BMG. It's held up through 200 rounds or so which isn't the greatest test sample. I got it as a cheap scope to hold me over till I can upgrade it with a Nightforce. The Millet has done it's job pretty well.

That's exactly what I am doing... Are your turrets still turning freely? I know that's an issue I have read.

I've had one for around 500 rounds on a Savage .308. No problems. My son shot a 1,000 yard F class match with it and said it was just fine on clarity at 25X. We will eventually upgrade. It's not a Nightforce but serves its purpose for a scope in that price range.

That's exactly what I am doing... Are your turrets still turning freely? I know that's an issue I have read.

Yes, everything is working like it should. Tracks properly, illumination works, reticle is workable, and clarity is fine. I'm not a glass snob so my definition of clarity probably differs from a lot on this board. I can see the target and hit the target, repeatably. Good enough for $400.

I purchased a Millett TRS 4-16 X 50 scope and the elevation adjustment does not work.
I called and Bushnell answered the phone. They purchased Millett. I asked if I needed an RMA
number and they said no, Millett's have a lifetime warrantee. No questions asked. Not bad for a sub $300 scope.
Glass is clear and all knobs functioned fine. Just had an elevation issue. Knob turned but nothing changed.
Their sending me a new one. This scope is $310 now I believe. I purchased through Optics Planet. Look for a discount code through BING or Google.

Yeah used them because I didn't have any 35mm ones. I Blue Loc-tited everything and it's all stayed tight.

My friend has one of the LRS 6-25x56. At the upper reaches the glass is not very clear, quite hazy, it gets the job done tho. The scope has not given him any problems for the 2 years he's owned it. He put it on a Olympic ar-15 with a 20" barrel. Too bad it only gets about 2.5-3 moa even match grade commercial ammo at 300 yards...it is a 750 dollar gun with a 450 dollar scope. I guess you can't expect too much.

8useve8y.jpg

Who said it was?? You asked for a picture of the rifle, so I posted one. The LRS is on its way.

I just sold my LRS 6-25x56 to upgrade to a IOR Valdada 6-24x50 MOA/MOA. I had it on a Savage 110 in 338 Lapua and I had no problems at all. I also just used it to hold me over until I could get something better. I don't think you can do much better for the money. I used it for about a year and sold it for $50 less than I paid for it. The reticle is pretty good and the glass is good up to about 20X. Beyond 20X it gets a little hazy. It is a little hard to get the right view through the eye piece though. There is a VERY small area where you can see the full field of view. The rings that come with it are decent but way too high for a bolt gun probably OK for an AR. This is kind of nitpicking though it's a relatively inexpensive scope and does very well for the money IMO.

Who said it was?? You asked for a picture of the rifle, so I posted one. The LRS is on its way.

Sorry, thought you were posting a pic of the rifle w/ a LRS. BTW, I was not the one that asked for the pic, it was Grizzdude.

10-4 with the scope on it's way.

My story goes like this: Remington 700 Sps Varmit... Put a LRS 6-25 on 52 rounds later I had to send the scope back to millet to be replaced. 6 months later it was replaced. Needless to say I sold that thing before it even arrived. If it can't hold up to 52 rounds of .308 then it has no need to be on a .50.
This is just my opinion and this is just my experience with it. I've heard great stories about Millets low powered stuff like the 1-4x and stuff, just not the 6-25. My suggestion, save that cash and get some good glass, I'm a cheap a$$ but I made it happen with e-3 pay in the military so if I can do it I'm sure anyone can.

I have a Millet TRS 4-16x50 on my 338 lapua. Works pretty well, and it kicks more than my Armalite AR-50. I think it would do fine on a 50...

I have a Millet TRS 4-16x50 on my 338 lapua. Works pretty well, and it kicks more than my Armalite AR-50. I think it would do fine on a 50...

I think the my 338 lapua kicks harder than my 50 bmg also, the 50 has more of a push than a jolt like the 338. Ive heard from a couple people that they really like the millet lrs on their big rigs.

Hey serbu50, you said your gun is 25lbs, did you get a heavier barrel? Just asking because my serbu bfg-50a semi-auto is only 24lbs.

I have one LOVE it, keep in mind it is not a Nightforce or USO but Id put it up against most scope that are 1K or less. Got mine on Amazon for $350.00 Only big complaint is the turrets are alittle mushy but again it anit no Nightforce

I have sent my millet back for repairs a total of three times. It flunks the box test every couple of months. At $20 RT postage each time it would be cheaper to have bought a better quality scope. I would sell it but I don't want to stiff the buyer.

I've had 3 Milletts, though not an LRS. Some people swear by them, but I think they're just lucky. One of my three needed to be sent back. I bought it used and upon arrival, the windage knob just spun freely. They sent me a new one. I've long since upgraded them. My thinking is, if you don't need your rifle, as in a few weeks to send it in and get another one won't bother you - try the Millett. The downside is, wasting ammo confirming the scope is bad, and then re-zeroing a 50bmg isn't cheap.
I used an OLD Leupold Vari-x III 6.5-20x40 on my first 50 for quite a while.

I bought one of the LRS 6-25x56. Took it to 600 yds with 25x power and the glass quality was grainy and although a bright sunny day, the image was a dark grayish color. At 100 yds and 6x power, all was clear and fine. I sold it immediately and don't look back. The line in the sand for me is Vortex Viper HST/PST line of scopes, anything less is needless pain.

I bought one of the LRS 6-25x56. Took it to 600 yds with 25x power and the glass quality was grainy and although a bright sunny day, the image was a dark grayish color. At 100 yds and 6x power, all was clear and fine. I sold it immediately and don't look back. The line in the sand for me is Vortex Viper HST/PST line of scopes, anything less is needless pain.
This thread is ten years old