• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Are our Precision Rifles the new AR, complete with Ninja reviews?

So what has any of that have to do with more people owning guns being bad? The more gun owners, the harder it is to push their lies. The very reason they have been able to get away with it is people dont know better. An educated person is a whole helluva lot harder to bullshit than an uneducated person.

And no, i am not naive. But i will tell ya, if you ever thought for a second, that bolt guns wouldnt be targeted, then you were only kidding yourself. I aint much at all for the “if it pleases the crown...” type stuff. Brother, you better believe that these “up and comers” had you and i on their radar list a long time ago.

And i believe you have been around long enough to see how the politicians work....but you aint got the patent on that. I’ve been around a while, too. Doesnt mean i have the answers, but i do believe that the more people on our team, the better it is. I’ll take welcome every swinging dick that isnt a criminal to our side with open arms (and wimmens, too). The more americans that own guns, the better.

So what has any of that have to do with more people owning guns being bad? The more gun owners, the harder it is to push their lies. The very reason they have been able to get away with it is people dont know better. An educated person is a whole helluva lot harder to bullshit than an uneducated person.

And no, i am not naive. But i will tell ya, if you ever thought for a second, that bolt guns wouldnt be targeted, then you were only kidding yourself. I aint much at all for the “if it pleases the crown...” type stuff. Brother, you better believe that these “up and comers” had you and i on their radar list a long time ago.

And i believe you have been around long enough to see how the politicians work....but you aint got the patent on that. I’ve been around a while, too. Doesnt mean i have the answers, but i do believe that the more people on our team, the better it is. I’ll take welcome every swinging dick that isnt a criminal to our side with open arms (and wimmens, too). The more americans that own guns, the better.

So apparently we are talking right past each other. I never said more shooters into Percision rifle is a bad thing, On the contrary I agree.

The entire point here is that people are trying to make money, misrepresening themselves as experts while passing on poor information, mall ninja’n this stuff up and promoting it on social platforms like they are real deal. This is a very bad thing for PR on so many levels.

Reactions: myronman3
Exactly,

It's not about MORE SHOOTERS, it's about watering down the quality of everything more shooters are looking for.

The Trump Slump is real, people see Precision Rifle as their path to success even though 2 years ago they were playing in their basement with their Precision AR15 if that. Everyone wants a taste and it's just not built to work that way.

The more shooters thing is not what anyone is talking about, Hell some of the best Handgun Guys are moving in Precision Rifle, that is not a bad thing, just a sign of where things are going. When companies are doing everything possible to get their hands on Precision Rifle money, it's not always good for the industry. The AR15 scares of the past taught us that. They will flood the market, they are bringing in people with less knowledge on the subject than I can give examples of in a single post.

When a guy with less than 5000 downloads wants $5000 to "Talk" about products we use, that is an issue. Maybe it works in my favor, I have close to 500,000 downloads with my Podcast, does that mean I can charge $25,000 per episode to talk about your product, or does it mean I have to charge less because Johnny Come Lately is charging less and promising the same thing in return?

Give me $1 a download I would be happy to talk all day about your stuff, and I have a clue vs the recently retired handgunner who now wants to move over to Precision Rifle.

Last edited:
i see your point now.

i would think that if i was going to pay out some sheckels for endorsements, i’d make sure the folks i was going to pay had the experience and ability to get me my money’s worth. if folks want to pay a ‘nobody’ big time cash for stupid shit, how you going to stop that? one would think that shitty decisions and shitty investing would blow up in their face fairly quick. it’d be like calling the plumber to do your wiring.

but then again, i could be wrong. after all, there ARE massively stupid things that have taken a foothold in shooting practices before. like the whole pushing your pistol out, firing, pulling it pack to your chest thingy. i throw up in my mouth everytime i see it.

Wait, what? You mean to say that all it takes to monetize talking about firearms is being able to write or speak at a second grade level or less (considering the state of education now days probably less). And just use some semi technical jargon and have something that passes as "tacti-cool" while telling everything that I did that which I really didn't? Well, blow me into a coma.

Unfortunately in things bolt action I tend towards stainless or blued (I like pretty things) with walnut or fiberglass stocks and none of it in camo either. All my scopes lack Christmas trees and such, aren't first focal plane, are all MOA and tend towards simple duplex reticules. My oldest 70 still has the hooded front sight with the leaf on the dog bone a Lyman peep in back. Excepting a brief "point it that way training session" Uncle didn't teach me anything either. Never had a chance to pay big bucks to go to a sniper school (plus I'm a cheap bastard). Pretty much leaves me out of the running to be a high speed low drag operator trainer. Or does it? I mean I usually remember which end the boolit comes out of.

Sarcasm aside, and I really did hold it in check, I'm glad I'm retired, twice now. Means I can go to the local range during the week. The stuff seen sometimes on weekends........

Last edited:
I long for the days when what we do wasn’t even in anyone’s radar. The amount of tactical fuckery entering this arena is enough to make me crazy. People watch Rex on the tube and after 100 videos and zero shots fired they are snipers with their TC Compass. It’s this kind of fuckery that will get the gun grabbers attention.

Diver,
I had a chance to handle this rifle at SHOT. I waited in line for several minutes, cycled the bolt 3-4 times (it got bound up and felt like shit on each cycle), tried out the trigger and then walked away. Hammer forged barrel and a generic action that doesn't feel great for $2200? Nah, I'll take the John Hancock 10 times out of 10 before I recommend one of these.
The tards on arfcom, m4c, and P-F are creaming themselves over it

Because Daniel Defense

1.gif

Those guys literally do the above when you utter the words SR-25 or HK416 also.

I only recently took a serious interest in longer range precision shooting. As I have gotten older, learning new things has been something I relish. While folks like Rex get lambasted as hacks by people who truly are the real deal in precision rifle, they have a positive effect overall by promoting the sport/discipline of it along with a healthy dose of sensationalism.

I am a Ham operator and the same transition has been seen in radio. Once the coding was no longer required to get a basic license and cheap yet functional dual band VHF/UHF handhelds became available for cheap, a lot of new Hams suddenly were out there. The decorum and genteel manner of most operators suddenly was beset with folks who had to be corrected and taught that Ham isn’t social media or CB radio.

It takes time to show people the path. It takes patience and care. We complain that young folks don’t care about Ham radio or woodsmanship or shooting, yet when for some reason it becomes popular due to enthusiastic promoters who may or may not have all of the facts straight, we lament the hobby being diluted with unworthy souls.

I am all for getting the straight dope (pun intended) and as a lifetime gun enthusiast I have taken an interest and love for 22lr “long range” shooting and let it grow into a desire to learn real skills in large caliber precision. Obviously there is a learning curve from carbine drills where all hits are good hits to attempting to precisely place rounds into golf ball sized groups in wind and mirage. I do not want the wrong info but do want solid instruction and advice.

But...we should celebrate the influx in interest as an opportunity not as an invasion. The more the number of gun enthusiasts grow the more powerful we are against those who would destroy rights. Are there some goofballs who are having a negative effect? Sure, but it has always been so in any hobby you can think of.

When I hear Hams, especially old guys, complaining of crowded bands and people chatting about things that they don’t think worthy of the exclusivities of Amateur Radio, I want to scream. It is almost as if they want to keep it for themselves and not allow the new and unwashed into the fold. What they fail to realize is everyone begins somewhere, all were newbies sometime, and without new blood all hobbies die.

When a guy with less than 5000 downloads wants $5000 to "Talk" about products we use, that is an issue.

Hi,

That is crazy to me......

It cost $3000 to have a product tested and if passes test; an official endorsement from KASOTC for that product. That endorsement is allowed to be used in all marketing, media, etc.

It cost $10,000 to have a product placed as a stage weapon at the International Warrior Competition to be used by 40-50 SF units from around the world. Along with having a display booth and access to personal demo range for the product during the Competition.

It cost $250 to have a product tested and ranked by NTOA; an official endorsement level from the NTOA for that product. That endorsement is allowed to be used in all marketing, media, etc.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: deersniper
Exactly,

It's not about MORE SHOOTERS, it's about watering down the quality of everything more shooters are looking for.

The Trump Slump is real, people see Precision Rifle as their path to success even though 2 years ago they were playing in their basement with their Precision AR15 if that. Everyone wants a taste and it's just not built to work that way.

The more shooters thing is not what anyone is talking about, Hell some of the best Handgun Guys are moving in Precision Rifle, that is not a bad thing, just a sign of where things are going. When companies are doing everything possible to get their hands on Precision Rifle money, it's not always good for the industry. The AR15 scares of the past taught us that. They will flood the market, they are bringing in people with less knowledge on the subject than I can give examples of in a single post.

When a guy with less than 5000 downloads wants $5000 to "Talk" about products we use, that is an issue. Maybe it works in my favor, I have close to 500,000 downloads with my Podcast, does that mean I can charge $25,000 per episode to talk about your product, or does it mean I have to charge less because Johnny Come Lately is charging less and promising the same thing in return?

Give me $1 a download I would be happy to talk all day about your stuff, and I have a clue vs the recently retired handgunner who now wants to move over to Precision Rifle.

No matter what, assuming they are law abiding and somewhat represent the community well, more shooters is a good thing.

Agreed if more means businesses pushing product just to make a buck than it becomes "Buyer beware, educate thyself".

Shit it seems that in the last couple weeks "sellers" lacking sufficient education have offered up some sweet deals in the PX so its rare, but on occasion maybe the salts can gain from the boots (though that would be mean to do so).

Your point is well taken.

When the AR scene was hot Brownells got in to manufacturing mags and AR parts.

Now its precision rifle so out comes the scope line from Brownells.

Again buyer beware, the more of you there are the more likely to step on a turd landmine designed to take money from your pocket.

and as the video shows you will get the snake oil salesman prepared to offer you bad advice easing your way to the vulture ready to empty your wallet.

Its a regular Precision scoped Rifle dot com bubble - when it bursts Ill get me a sweet DD bolt rifle cheaps unless someone ruins the PX ad by linking to fatboys video cock blocking me.

Hi folks,

I’m the guy in the original video. It seems as though a few of you guys are upset by me and people like me. I just wanted to clarify a couple things if that’s alright.

I’ve never claimed to be an expert. I think people have assumed that because I talked about my experience and my personal opinions that I am trying to portray myself as an authority... I am doing nothing more than sharing my thoughts. My position on that tripod was done for fun, I haven’t been taught how to shoot off of one properly but it was fun to try. As I said in the video that very small group was only one group and I was not able to replicate it with the short amount of time on the gun. The editing was not done to make it seem like the group was shot from the tripod, I feel like taking that away from the video is being short sighted as to the purpose of the video itself.

When someone showed me this thread I was disappointed. Not just because there was negativity but more so because there seems to be a distaste for the precision rifle sport growth. That’s a damn shame.

Either way, I hope that clears a few things up.

-Jon

Hi folks,

I’m the guy in the original video. It seems as though a few of you guys are upset by me and people like me. I just wanted to clarify a couple things if that’s alright.

I’ve never claimed to be an expert. I think people have assumed that because I talked about my experience and my personal opinions that I am trying to portray myself as an authority... I am doing nothing more than sharing my thoughts. My position on that tripod was done for fun, I haven’t been taught how to shoot off of one properly but it was fun to try. As I said in the video that very small group was only one group and I was not able to replicate it with the short amount of time on the gun. The editing was not done to make it seem like the group was shot from the tripod, I feel like taking that away from the video is being short sighted as to the purpose of the video itself.

When someone showed me this thread I was disappointed. Not just because there was negativity but more so because there seems to be a distaste for the precision rifle sport growth. That’s a damn shame.

-Jon

So, when's the next video coming out? The one where you point out some mistakes you made before, and how you corrected them so that those nice groups were repeatable and boring? Could be an opportunity to do some cool shit here.

Hi folks,

-Jon

Jon,

Thank you for chiming in. We do want the sport to grow. There exists a large divide between participating in a shooting sport and participating in the market for tactical goods (I wish I had a better term right now). The two are confused by a large group of people and I think this is because from afar, and through the fog of social media, they can be difficult to distinguish. Such confusion is detrimental to the future of the sport and it is downright dangerous.

To draw an analogy, if you want to buy whatever glove your favorite first baseman uses then do it. It does not matter if you know how to use it or if you use it. The chances of getting injured, much less killed, are very slim. But buying that glove has nothing to do with playing baseball. People do this with all sorts of sporting equipment. The analogy stops right there. How successful do you think you would be in promoting such a glove? I'm guessing not at all because you are not a baseball player. For whatever reason the interweb is full of people with no credentials or know-how who yak on about shooting in a way that does more harm than good.

If somehow you misuse the glove I do not think Anderson Cooper will run a negative story about baseball and congress will not likely introduce a bill to ban baseball (though given the current climate some may challenge me on this). What do you think will happen when someone misuses a "sniper" rifle?

Neither are you a shooter. I do not think you are promoting shooting. You are part of the social media fog. If you want to promote shooting in a responsible way there are many ways to do so. I suggest by starting with a class at K&M or Rifles only. Do not be an extension of Daniel Defense's marketing team without knowing what you are doing with the equipment.

More than once I have seen people invest in shooting equipment, invest nothing in training, show up to a competition, and then mothball all that gear when they realize it is not as easy as laying down a credit card.

Please stick around here. You have in place a platform to do some good, so please take advantage of it. Please take advantage of the Hide. There are many resources here to help you along.

I will ask the same question that @QuickNDirty asked, when is the next video coming out? If you choose to enroll in a class with a reputable training facility (as recognized here on the Hide) shoot me a note and I will supply you with 100 rounds with the catch that you produce a video about what you learn.

MTT

Last edited:
as a shooter not a competitor i enjoy seeing some of the videos out there by different people either its just for locations of places to possibly shoot or products i would never have the chance to see or reloading which i may never be do all of it has something to offer someone. many years ago before you tube all there was was word of mouth or what your neighbor shot or your friend's cousin uncle may have owned near me there isn't much in the way of selection most are brand stores. thankfully times changed and the internet lets and gets more competition in. If a sport is not growing it's dying and elitist views only sound funny to a few. while i do not know a lot about shooting yet i will say the more the merrier . specially in a time when the dems are taking away law abiding citizens rights while making it easier for crooks to break laws . If you want tactical smurfs on the side of your gun buy them if they make you happy its your money ... pink ar's what ever floats your boat .

Jon,

Thank you for chiming in. We do want the sport to grow. There exists a large divide between participating in a shooting sport and participating in the market for tactical goods (I wish I had a better term right now). The two are confused by a large group of people and I think this is because from afar, and through the fog of social media, they can be difficult to distinguish. Such confusion is detrimental to the future of the sport and it is downright dangerous.

To draw an analogy, if you want to buy whatever glove your favorite first baseman uses then do it. It does not matter if you know how to use it or if you use it. The chances of getting injured, much less killed, are very slim. But buying that glove has nothing to do with playing baseball. People do this with all sorts of sporting equipment. The analogy stops right there. How successful do you think you would be in promoting such a glove? I'm guessing not at all because you are not a baseball player. For whatever reason the interweb is full of people with no credentials or know-how who yak on about shooting in a way that does more harm than good.

If somehow you misuse the glove I do not think Anderson Cooper will run a negative story about baseball and congress will not likely introduce a bill to ban baseball (though given the current climate some may challenge me on this). What do you think will happen when someone misuses a "sniper" rifle?

Neither are you a shooter. I do not think you are promoting shooting. You are part of the social media fog. If you want to promote shooting in a responsible way there are many ways to do so. I suggest by starting with a class at K&M or Rifles only. Do not be an extension of Daniel Defense's marketing team without knowing what you are doing with the equipment.

More than once I have seen people invest in shooting equipment, invest nothing in training, show up to a competition, and then mothball all that gear when they realize it is not as easy as laying down a credit card.

Please stick around here. You have in place a platform to do some good, so please take advantage of it. Please take advantage of the Hide. There are many resources here to help you along.

I will ask the same question that @QuickNDirty asked, when is the next video coming out? If you choose to enroll in a class with a reputable training facility (as recognized here on the Hide) shoot me a note and I will supply you with 100 rounds with the catch that you produce a video about what you learn.

MTT

Absolute awesome sauce.

I only listen to the guys who have shot the ears off a fly at 500 yards. And I only buy equipment with that capability. Everything else is just BS. :) I actually think having a "Fly Ear" Cert, Stamp or Roll Mark is the only way forward. ;)

Reactions: lash
So, when's the next video coming out? The one where you point out some mistakes you made before, and how you corrected them so that those nice groups were repeatable and boring? Could be an opportunity to do some cool shit here.

When I get a hold of a demo version of that DD, that is something I aim to test. The original video is far from a review or a formal test and I made that clear. I’ve been doing a series called the proving ground where I’ve been chronicling rifle testing and shown things that have improved along the Way.

As far as taking as taking a class and making a video and all that. Id rather take a class and actually learn rather than focus on filming it. I’ve tried in the past and filming a class while trying to participate in the class is a distraction for me.

However, because of my place in the firearms industry I am fortunate enough to take tiny classes along the way. I feel like I have been improving my abilities and knowledge along the way and that’s the key for me.

That being said, the Delta 5 looks like DD Frankensteined together the barrel swap design from the RPR (and others), a clunky Savage bolt, and slammed it into a very poor imitation of a KRG Bravo.

Reactions: lash
With this thread revived I actually decided to watch the video this time. If your eyes are closed it's just 3 minutes of very basic rifle description, which isn't a bad thing, just didn't really get into the details at all. With eyes open it's 70% just shots of a rifle at different angles and 30% hokey shooting by average gun owner (not to be confused with avid shooter) types. Really not even close to the worst video I've ever seen.

Diver,
I had a chance to handle this rifle at SHOT. I waited in line for several minutes, cycled the bolt 3-4 times (it got bound up and felt like shit on each cycle), tried out the trigger and then walked away. Hammer forged barrel and a generic action that doesn't feel great for $2200? Nah, I'll take the John Hancock 10 times out of 10 before I recommend one of these.

Agreed. I was very disappointed in this rifle. Its a $600 rifle that they are selling for $2000

Hi folks,

-Jon

What disappoints me is when a mediocre rifle is described as better than it actually is, which is what you did. If you had experience behind a good rifle, you would see your excitement over the DD is misplaced.

So apparently we are talking right past each other. I never said more shooters into Percision rifle is a bad thing, On the contrary I agree.

The entire point here is that people are trying to make money, misrepresening themselves as experts while passing on poor information, mall ninja’n this stuff up and promoting it on social platforms like they are real deal. This is a very bad thing for PR on so many levels.

To support this I will say I am a total NOOB, coming from AR plinking and looking for a challenge. For me the challenge of the fundamentals, and the math was a big attraction as a hobby I could invest in. Diver was one of the first people to reach out and offer to help. He is relatively local, and showed support, and pushed me in the right direction. There are several others as well who say I was trying to figure out some of the algebra of this sport, and I really appreciate it. I am looking forward to Alaska in May to get broken down and provided solid feedback.

Please stay tuned for my how NOT to video series.

What disappoints me is when a mediocre rifle is described as better than it actually is, which is what you did. If you had experience behind a good rifle, you would see your excitement over the DD is misplaced.
The difference is that I don’t think it’s mediocre. I’ve shot more rifles than most, and I have actually spent some time with this DD. Is it too expensive? Yep. I suggested they price it at about $1799... but I don’t work for them haha. I think for that dollar it’s a decent rifle from a company with a proven record of making good guns.
@TheGunCollective Props for sticking your neck out. Don’t pass up on all this forum and members have to offer.
That being said, the Delta 5 looks like DD Frankensteined together the barrel swap design from the RPR (and others), a clunky Savage bolt, and slammed it into a very poor imitation of a KRG Bravo.
Thanks for acknowledging me posting here haha. I know that the engineers on this project took inspiration from other good rifles out there, and I think they came up with something pretty neat.
With this thread revived I actually decided to watch the video this time. If your eyes are closed it's just 3 minutes of very basic rifle description, which isn't a bad thing, just didn't really get into the details at all. With eyes open it's 70% just shots of a rifle at different angles and 30% hokey shooting by average gun owner (not to be confused with avid shooter) types. Really not even close to the worst video I've ever seen.

Goal accomplished. The video was meant to be a simple and brief look at a new rifle. Nothing more. Anyone trying to force the video into a different category is being silly. It’s not a review and was never meant to be a review.

you DO realize they want your bolt gun every bit as bad as the ARs, yes? the AR is just the first step in their plan. surely you know this.

Once the "Assault Rifles" are gone, the "Sniper Rifles" are next, followed swiftly by the "Combat Shotguns" and the "High Capacity Hand Cannons".

This blind leading the blind shit is cancer, you can justify it and dress it up any way you want but it's still just a money grab at the expense of the legit voices, public perception and the new shooter.

There will always be the ass clowns looking to cash in and make money off of the thing you hold dear, your response should be zero tolerance and mockery at every opportunity until they get ran off onto the next host to suck green blood from.

@THEIS

lol what the fuck.

Ok, so I scrolled down to Semester 4 just for fun. I'm under the impression that for the 10 'sessions' that are going to get some long winded 'expert' explanation, I could do the same series, well....right now.

Semester 4: Taking the Shot

Sniper 401 – Prone Out: You're not going to be in a position very often that allows lanes of fire and observation from prone. Don't get used to it. Learn to shoot off a fucking tripod and don't bitch about having to bring one because it weighs a few pounds. Plus, why aren't you using the terrain to get closer to the engagement area anyways, fatty?

Sniper 402 – ID Your Target: The guy with the brown towel on his head digging a hole next to the MSR with that shovel? Spotter: Affirmative. ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: You have ID'd your fucking target.

Sniper 403 – Range Me: Stop doing math while shooting. Bring a fucking printed out data card accompanied with a MIL based 'cheat sheet' of what you're shooting at. For people, simply divide 2000 by how many MILS they take up for a rough and dirty range because that's all you deserve for not coming prepared to fucking shooting at shit.

Sniper 404 – Sweating The Small Stuff: Misses are from you either being a complete fobbit faggot noob whose best use is standing guard at the chow hall to tell me my pants are too fucking dirty to go in, or from many small things that add up to be the miss. But mostly because your frail ass can't figure out what the fucking wind is doing.

Sniper 405 – Dial This & Hold That: Dial elevation. Don't forget to fucking zero your turret each time. Hold wind, assuming you have a fucking FFP reticle and know the subtensions. Otherwise just dial it all and be slow or whatever. This isn't PRS douche fest so honestly, whatever. And stop being fucking fat.

Sniper 406 – Take The Shot: Pull the fucking trigger you fucking muppet.

Sniper 407 – Calling The Shot: Did the shot go where you intended it to go? If not, why? Fobbit.

Sniper 408 – Observe The Shot: Use a spotter with a MIL based subtension reticle. Quickly bracket a target with it; for people its not that easy but figure it out. When you are observing your target, bring your magnification to whatever the fuck you want but know your FOV will shrink so don't be that 60x 'I lost the guy' faggot 2 seconds before I'm about to shoot. Also, crank your focus ring to focus on the terrain roughly 70% of the way to target to pick up mirage and trace. Tell me what the fuck happens after I shoot and it better be in something relating to the fucking reticle not some '3 feet to the left' faggotry.

Sniper 409 – Battle Damage Assessment: LOL seriously? Did you fucking hit the target or not? Why not just do a fucking ACE report after each magazine?

Sniper 410 – Soup To Nuts: The Taking of a Long Range Shot: Didn't we already fucking go over this? And why are you obsessed with long shots? You can get to within almost any target by utilizing the terrain and identifying a better FFP and egress routes. Stop making shit harder than it fucking needs to be. Fuck.

Done. 3 minutes. Do I get my sniper badge? I'd like to buy the guy in the video (and these sniper school people) a beer sometime and explain to them how the world really works.

This is art.

The difference is that I don’t think it’s mediocre. I’ve shot more rifles than most,

Hi,

Just FWIW....You may want to learn the membership base of THIS forum a little more before making such large claims/assumptions.
That statement may go over on other forums, with your friends and/or people in your town.....but clearly you do not understand the membership base here on THIS forum.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Just FWIW....You may want to learn the membership base of THIS forum a little more before making such large claims/assumptions.
That statement may go over on other forums, with your friends and/or people in your town.....but clearly you do not understand the membership base here on THIS forum.

Sincerely,
Theis
Business card pic:
1550158155115.png

Lol....

R

Ever since Remington came out with their Model 783 bolt action, Thompson-Center with their Compass, and a host of other manufacturers with budget priced precision bolt rifles, I had been happy that this will introduce A LOT of new folks into shooting, especially accuracy shooting. I remember when the market had been saturated by AR and 'zombie' gear...As much as I appreciate AR's as any other serious shooter, I wanted to see a bigger market open up for the "barebones basics" of riflecraft.

Now as with any other market, there will be folks who want to make bucks by offering a lot of gear and innovative equipment. Don't get me wrong, without this entrepreneur spirit, we would never see new inventions and innovation......But it will be up to the BUYER himself to do his research and use common sense to decide whether he REALLY needs this piece of equipment or not. You can deck out a Rem 700 with so many rails and optics that you cannot even see the gun underneath all of it...but will that alone make YOU a better shooter?

i know this thread is going in about 3 directions here now but i wanted to let all of you know that they ARE coming for our bolt action rifles here in the peoples republik of marylandistan.

Below is an excerpt from Maryland Shall Issue. It is real and will likely be happening no matter the testimony to the contrary

SB 0737Public Safety – Rifles and Shotguns – Transactions
Briefly stated, this bill is O’Malley’s Firearms Safety Act of 2013 all over again except instead of handguns it deals with all rifles and shotguns. Key elements, long gun qualification license, 7 day waiting period, one long gun per month. Private sales will no longer be private, they must go through a dealer, and the transaction recorded by the Maryland State Police (registration). Persons moving into Maryland will have to register their long guns. Severe penalties.

Hi folks,

-Jon
To be clear, my comment wasnt directed at you or the video or the DD rifle (which i think personally is dumb and DD needs to stay in their wheelhouse). My comment was just lamenting that this area of firearms is fast becoming the next Tacticool playground and everyone thinks they can build a 6.5 and be Chris Kyle. I dont want the attention or the fuckery. i want to remain invisible as it were except to those that are serious about it. weve already seen too much ARF and glock forum trash coming over here to last me a lifetime. Snipers are supposed to be invisible on the battlefield, id like the precision rifle arena to follow suit and just keep advancing without companies like Tasco and barska making garbage and advertising to everyone and trying to dilute the marketplace with chinese shit. Not every company has to make a precsion rifle. DD is an AR company, they dont need to male bolt guns, let alone charge what they do for something that really isnt that special just because DD makes it.

Reactions: TheMammoth
Nope the guy is an expert.
He can shoot .2 moa standing.
He uses a bipod to balance his gun on a tripod, that's some badass moves.

And he has a camera.

You guys hanging on the hide are just jealous.
He must have been a gymnast in a past life. AKA Rico Suave lol.

Last edited:
I'll just leave this here. The final word on the 224 Valkyrie...

Well, I guess he did beat Lowlight to the punch...

Could it be that they just suck dick at shooting? Some dude on snipers hide shot it 2100 yards but it doesn’t count because it’s a bolt gun. WTF? Frank and Brian were shooting their jp gassers at what 1500? I guess that doesn’t count either right? What a fucking douche bag.

I’ve watched a bunch of Jon’s videos, and I think he’s genuinely on the pro 2A side, so I’m not going to dog him too bad. But, there is a distinction between an enthusiast and an expert. Jon’s enthusiastic, and he’s got a big platform. I like the legal brief, but watch Jon’s show on occasion to see what may be new. He’s generally not too bashful to call something overpriced, though I’m not sure how much of this is sticker shock vs cost/benefit analysis. I could do without the in video adverts.

Wow? Guess anyone is qualified to give a review on 224v.

Here is mine.

Sucks balls, to hard to type the name.
Wally world was out of ammo.

If it were worth a shit we would have used it in the great cold war I was in.

Reactions: TheMammoth
Wow? Guess anyone is qualified to give a review on 224v.

Here is mine.

Sucks balls, to hard to type the name.
Wally world was out of ammo.

If it were worth a shit we would have used it in the great cold war I was in.
Maybe if it was around then you would have? The next gen might use it since the army is adopting a 6.8 cartridge. Maybe the MK12 will get a MOD 3

Pure satire dude.
My issue rattle box was m adequate.