• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Are the supplies of surplus Mosin Nagants really dwindling? Or just sales hype?

row111

Private
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2013
Hi - there are claims on the interwebs that the surplus stocks of the millions of Mosin Nagants are getting depleted.
Is this true? Will they never be at $100 again? Or is this just sales hype - logically they have to run out some day, and the gun-grab-driven gun grab logically could have really drawn down supplies. Are there still millions out there in storage?

Any way to know?

Supplies were already low and prices climbing for almost a year before all the "panic" crap happened. So, it's not all just sales hype. It's possible that there are more in storage over there, somewhere. However, it's been a long time now since any large numbers have come in. Now, add to that the fact that every Joe in the country ran out to buy guns and ammo at insane, ass-rape prices (and is still doing so, in some cases) and will take whatever he can get his hands on....then you have a market price that's not likely to back off, anytime soon.

^ plus with the surplus ammo as cheap as it is, it's almost a no brainer to grab one when you can if you have 150.00 ish to blow.

local GMtn had 8 that showed up for 140.00, gone in 48 hrs.

i had a mosin bug a few weeks ago, just to to plink steel, just about as cheap to get a mosin and 880 rnds vs a .22 and a brick of ammo.

other than the finnish rifles, they say they are hit or miss in the accuracy dept. a guy at our monthy shoots hits 6" at 400Y consistantly, while others find it difficult to do the same at 100.

my luck is i'd get a turd, so i moved on.

Problem is importation and the U.N. Country X has 1,000,000's of surplus y. But the U.N. says if you want this $$$$ (or what ever) you have to scrap the y. Or the U.S. says no to importation. Was in Bosnia Herzegovina watching all the "new" (old stock) M16A1's get crushed under an U.N. charter. M16s we (USA) gave them. But the Bosnians had 1,000,000 +\- AKs they could sell. You know the AKs were junk when the North Koreans didn't buy them.

Here 7.62x54r.net for everything Mosin Nagant

thanks everyone - the website looks great. --it would be nice to see a mosin nagant for 99 - I have not seen that lately. however, it seems like some gun prices are coming down, overall.

I've been told by a friend that he just saw the two at our LGS; and that the owner said they were the two I asked him to order back before the 2012 elections. No idea what the price may be, but I think I may be finding out this week.

It may be a moot point, two more members of our family lost their jobs this week, and our Niece in PA is still o/o work following an accident requiring an elbow replacement (she's trying to short-sell her home to stay above water).

Disposable income is probably going to be at an all-time low around our house for the near term.

Greg

Last edited: