• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Are there chassis available for the Tika T3?

shovelstrokeed

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 16, 2013
I'm fairly new here and a returning shooter. Got me a REPR that I'm working on building skills with but I know I'm going to need/want a bolt gun eventually.
When comparing prices and costs to build, the Tika seems a good starting point, with a decent balance between cost and quality. I know I can start here and upgrade eventually but wonder about building a chassis gun. Any info would be appreciated.

Gary Eliseo of Competition Shooting Stuff makes his chassis for the Tikka, I believe. Think the web site is Got X Ring

Just keep in mind that if you have a long action caliber, I think the only option is the Roedale chassis. You can research that here, easily. All the others will only take short action AI mags, which is a shame and why I am currently at the mercy of McMillan.:mad:

Wow, Thanks, guys.

I did see that XLR made a chassis, I'll research the others.
Short action should be OK as I plan on 308 and probably never gonna need sub-sonic as I'll never put a can on it so 200 grains are out. Paper puncher only, although deer season is open in NC. Short ride from Florida.

Now to locate a T3 with the longer bbl, I understand only 20" in the Tac model now. I would prefer 24-26. I'm pretty sure a rebarrel wouldn't be much of an issue except for the $$$$.

If your going to replace the stock anyway, get a used t3 lite and put the extra money into re barreling it.