• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Are you happy where you live?

Some of my favorite things about the Midwest, slim chance of a tornado, 0 chance of hurricane, low but not impossible for earth quakes. Only have one snake and 2 spiders to worry about.

I love where I live in the southern Black Hills. Since I own several motorcycles i put up with the influx of RUBS and trailers full of HDs. It’s a busy summer season but there isn’t a bad road around here any way you turn. I’m 5 hours from some great riding areas as well in Wyoming and Montana.
Our place is a destination for family and my wife loves that. She also enjoys the relatively mild winter ( I don’t have to shovel snow , it melts away in a day or 2)
I have a nice shop, bought this place before The prices skyrocketed here too. I can sit outside, not be bothered by neighbors or mosquitoes.
Lots of places to shoot, prairie dogs, coyote, cougars, turkey, and I got an Elk tag this year.
only down side is some days the wind will really send my hat flying.

Reactions: godofthunder
I can't wait to move out of S. FL.

I was born and raised here. During the 90s, this area was amazing. No rules, the fishing was incredible the people were normal, the roads were empty and everything was affordable.

Now it seems like we are just an extension of the North East. Almost everyone I meet has moved here in the last ten or so years. The cookie cutter neighborhoods are everywhere. God forbid you go ride a dirt bike in the woods, the sheriff helicopter will chase you down. The traffic is crazy, the people suck and now I have to drive 2 hours to shoot past 100 yards because land is so expensive, shooting ranges don't make sense.

Problem being, it's where the money is. I'm still young and have a quite few more years to go, but I plan on working my way out of living here. Im a Floridian at heart, and I don't think I will ever be able to do cold winters. Less people, more land sounds really nice though.

Reactions: Maxwell
I like my house, but not where it's located. Eastern Nebraska has nothing and is a solid drive from anywhere that does have something. It's all expensive private land, very little public access, and the best range only goes to 600. College town has plenty to do, but mayor is transplant from CA and so is the police chief now. No wonder crime is up and so are my taxes.

Grew up in central NE, always wanted to live in WY or MT. Still chipping away at convincing the wife to move, have a brother in WY that I'd like to live closer to, and would love access to public land as all my favorite activities revolve around that.

My ideal situation would be having enough land to shoot a few hundred yards, a big shop to run my side hustle out of, and a view of nothing but wilderness off the front and back porch.

Good thing I don't have to worry about those kind of winds.

The conversation was about hurricanes. Kinda hard to take relevant construction tips about them from someone from Colorado when one grows up in the tropics.

I can't wait to move out of S. FL.

I was born and raised here. During the 90s, this area was amazing. No rules, the fishing was incredible the people were normal, the roads were empty and everything was affordable.

Now it seems like we are just an extension of the North East. Almost everyone I meet has moved here in the last ten or so years. The cookie cutter neighborhoods are everywhere. God forbid you go ride a dirt bike in the woods, the sheriff helicopter will chase you down. The traffic is crazy, the people suck and now I have to drive 2 hours to shoot past 100 yards because land is so expensive, shooting ranges don't make sense.

Problem being, it's where the money is. I'm still young and have a quite few more years to go, but I plan on working my way out of living here. Im a Floridian at heart, and I don't think I will ever be able to do cold winters. Less people, more land sounds really nice though.

South FL shooting? Isn't that what you all do on the freeways when someone cuts you off?

Dade/Broward/Palm Beach counties: what an unbelievable shithole.

Reactions: SouthFLShootin
No. I live in a suburb. Been here 8 years. Wife wanted kids to grow up around other kids so I lost that argument. I had my eye on a farm, and still do. Some day, perhaps?
I do have woods behind me, but houses on either side. Both neighbors are older and retired. The couple on one side are never home, always at their cabin in PA. The couple on the other side are very good neighbors so I like them a lot.

But I still want land, and my own place to hunt, roam and shoot.
Sounds very familiar. I had a small house on a pond in the woods, closest neighbor was across the pond. When my daughter came along my wife was terrified of her wandering to the water. Off to the closest cookie cutter development we went. I do enjoy watching my daughter playing with her friends. I hope to one day get a piece of land in the woods.

I miss North Georgia. I miss terrain and seasons.
Everyone here is stupid, rude and drive like maniacs.
I’m stupid, rude and drive like a maniac, but it would be best if it were just me doing this.

Reactions: godofthunder