• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Area 419 Zero Press vs SCA Nexus Press

0.02 resolution on powder, I'm jealous. Lol

Above my paygrade.

To be honest not sure I could shoot the difference in that.
A 0.05g would make me a happy camper, I can shoot 0.1g.

I'm too lazy to get out the balance beam scales and hard for my old eyes to read them anyway.

A lot of people are pushing the T - 7 press and that's within my wheelhouse.

The Zero and Nexus both screem buy me due to thier construction not the hype.

IMHO

Last edited:
It shows up down range in your ES/SD. Want to hit small targets far away? You better be able to get your charge down within .04 of a grain (+- .02)

Super trickler, Auto trickler, Prometheus, hell any trickler with a good scale like the FX120i is capable.

Its become the standard for all precision rifle shooting for a reason.

Ordered it just like a normal customer at full price. January 23, 2024 @ 0753.

Will always qualify stuff like this if we had inside or dealer track or something similar. On this particular transaction, we did not.
Same here, received the shipping confirmation today.
Now I have to decide how to mount the nexus to my bench, lots of options. My coax is on a 10“ inline fab riser and I really like the work height. I may do the same with the nexus.

I backordered one through Midway since they won't charge me until it ships. Who knows when I'll see it but their website lists Expected In-Stock as 5/1.

Our two have been delivered to shop. I'll get there later this week and give some initial impressions in this thread over the weekend.
Looking forward to your review since I am sure you have used a lot of different presses.

I just have used a co-ax and nothing else, therefore my opinion will be pretty much worthless.
But I just unwrapped mine an hour ago and played with it, it’s some beautiful design and craftsmanship!
Ordered a quick change plate from inline fab yesterday. Really like the die lock rings too, ordered 4 more with the press. Have to see how to get some lights on it too.

Attachments

• IMG_0306.jpeg
    IMG_0306.jpeg
    360.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0305.jpeg
    IMG_0305.jpeg
    454.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Looking forward to your review since I am sure you have used a lot of different presses.

I just have used a co-ax and nothing else, therefore my opinion will be pretty much worthless.
But I just unwrapped mine an hour ago and played with it, it’s some beautiful design and craftsmanship!
Ordered a quick change plate from inline fab yesterday. Really like the die lock rings too, ordered 4 more with the press. Have to see how to get some lights on it too.

I'm expecting it to be more "space" friendly than the Zero press. The Zero is quite large and if you have a lot of dies, requires several tool heads. Not taking anything away from the Zero press. Have used it for a few years without disappointment.

This is noticeable smaller and you can leave your dies in a drawer or die holder.

1714453025794.jpeg

I think most of you will do this without me mentioning, but for the ones that aren’t I suggest to check all the screws on the new press for tightness. Two of mine were loose.

I think most of you will do this without me mentioning, but for the ones that aren’t I suggest to check all the screws on the new press for tightness. Two of mine were loose.
Is it possible to utilize the primer drop tube with the Inline Fabrication mount?

Got mine yesterday, very impressed so far. Fit is tight and smooth, handle had to be tapped slightly with a rubber mallet to get it to seat. Only complaint is the packing... no foam or good support in the box, and they just threw it in a shipping box without any paper or anything... so the box was torn up in spots and some of the press is dinged up, as well as the handle arms. Not sure if this happened during shipping or production. Shouldn't affect function, but a little annoying on a nice, expensive press to have nicks/dents that feels like a blemished model.

Got mine yesterday, very impressed so far. Fit is tight and smooth, handle had to be tapped slightly with a rubber mallet to get it to seat. Only complaint is the packing... no foam or good support in the box, and they just threw it in a shipping box without any paper or anything... so the box was torn up in spots and some of the press is dinged up, as well as the handle arms. Not sure if this happened during shipping or production. Shouldn't affect function, but a little annoying on a nice, expensive press to have nicks/dents that feels like a blemished model.
Personally, I would def take this damage in shipping back to SAC for corrective action. And yes, its crazy that they don't have formed inserts for such an expensive press.

Personally, I would def take this damage in shipping back to SAC for corrective action. And yes, its crazy that they don't have formed inserts for such an expensive press.
Probably charge you 20% restocking fee. I like their products but for some reason that the restocking fee bothers me and I have never returned anything to any firearm or affiliated companies.

Last edited:
Probably charge you 20% restocking fee. I like their products but for some reason that the restocking fee bothers me and I have never returned anything to any firearm or affiliated companies.

They will waive the fee in a lot of circumstances. It's mainly for a deterrent for people abusing a return policy.

Also, I promise they won't balk at taking care of damages in shipping.

But yea, the packing likely needs an upgrade. I'm assuming they are attempting to keep the price down, but wouldn't be surprised to see the price increase a little to cover better packing in the future.

1714682630853.jpeg

But yea, the packing likely needs an upgrade. I'm assuming they are attempting to keep the price down, but wouldn't be surprised to see the price increase a little to cover better packing in the future.

View attachment 8409524
Reusing their inventory of boxes?

I wouldn’t like to see a price increase for packaging. They save cost through reduced breakage.

But yea, the packing likely needs an upgrade.
Uh....how about we change "likely" to "absolutely"

Its 18 lbs and for $775 there sure as shit ought to be room for a bit of cut high density foam.

There are many other companies who have very robust packaging and also are not large corporations. I offer the Giraud trimmer as just one example.

I'm actually interested in this press but this is just how I see this packaging issue.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: K80/6.5
Mine arrived without any damage, it was double boxed. The black box in the pic was inside another box perfectly fitted.

I received the inline fabrication quick change plate today and just installed the press, fits perfectly and is very sturdy. And like I thought, the primer drop tube bore is in it.
Very satisfied with everything so far.

Attachments

• IMG_0308.jpeg
    IMG_0308.jpeg
    394.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0307.jpeg
    IMG_0307.jpeg
    373.6 KB · Views: 44
Mine arrived without any damage, it was double boxed. The black box in the pic was inside another box perfectly fitted.

I received the inline fabrication quick change plate today and just installed the press, fits perfectly and is very sturdy. And like I thought, the primer drop tube bore is in it.
Very satisfied with everything so far.
Good to know about the packaging of your press. Thanks for the data point. (y)

Reactions: Schütze
Previous purchases I received from SAC were very well packaged. Modular dies had a nice foam insert for the various components and vise kit was packed quite well.

Custom packaging is an expensive and time consuming undertaking so (just a guess) could be that the presses were ready to go and preferred packaging had some delays. I don’t know - just speculation. My companies have had product ready to roll and a headache / delay with packaging vendors / ideal packaging more than once.

I’ve had great service from SAC so I’d be surprised if they didn’t resolve any shipping damage.

I don't think anyone ever really argues that any press will make better shooting ammo overall. At least no one being honest.

When it comes to most modern presses, you buy because of the features, not so much the quality of ammo it produces. As even the most basic press is capable of making better ammo than most shooters can exploit.

As a current Zero owner who has used a co-ax for the last 2 years, I'd 100 percent say go the co-ax. My loads are just as precise on my Zero as they were on the forster.
Well, there’s something that did really upset me about my co-ax. About 6 months ago I installed the original Forster curved “easy access” linkage. These linkages make the press almost unusable!
I really tried hard to make them work but sizing variations get very inconsistent.
Not easy to explain but because of the change the now curved linkages turn sideways under working pressure. The pivots in the press body work themselves out because of this.
Also the cam over stops in the linkages come loose and wander. I tried it thankfully only for about 20 creed cases and removed them again. Press back to stock works perfect again.

Even that the press works perfectly again, it left a bitter taste with me for Forster. I sill can’t believe that such a company brought something so useless to this market as an “upgrade “.
That’s actually my main reason in purchasing the nexus.

As a current Zero owner who has used a co-ax for the last 2 years, I'd 100 percent say go the co-ax. My loads are just as precise on my Zero as they were on the forster.
I have both as well and would recommend the Zero. Nothing bad about the Co-Ax - it’s a fine press. I just like working with the Zero much better.

Geez…I start a thread to get some info and the train goes off the tracks!

I guess I shouldn’t start a thread asking about the AutoTrickler v4 vs SuperTrickler?
I honestly believe some of these folks actually own popcorn futures and are just trying to drive up the price.

I don't think anyone ever really argues that any press will make better shooting ammo overall. At least no one being honest.

When it comes to most modern presses, you buy because of the features, not so much the quality of ammo it produces. As even the most basic press is capable of making better ammo than most shooters can exploit.

I agree to an extent. Consistency is the key as it is to every aspect of loading your own ammo. Premium presses like the Zero, Nexus, and Prazi promise consistent and precise movement and final position of the ram when it is fully extended. If your press is flexing differently as a result of differences in brass resistance then your bump will not be consistent. That is why many seek the hard contact between SH and die or solid “cam over.” If your press is able to overcome this brass resistance and come to the exact same position on full ram extension then your base-to-shoulder datum (bump) will be consistent. Is this possible on RCBS, Lee, and other standard presses? Of course. Knowledgable shooters do it all the time as they understand how to minimize flex in the system.

What you are paying for with a premium press like the Nexus is consistency through minimal system flex without the requirement of a hard contact between SH and die.

Last edited:
Ergos, quality, functionality, etc. Most of the things SAC attempted to fix with their press. Unfortunately SAC didn't fix the ergos, which is rather unfortunate.
So you own or use to own both presses to make such an unfortunate statement sounding like this would be a known fact?

Many reloader’s won’t agree….

“Sucks ass” is the currently favored nomenclature for anything for which you have a preferred alternative. Pay attention…
My kids told me it's "mid".
So you own or use to own both presses to make such an unfortunate statement sounding like this would be a known fact?

Many reloader’s won’t agree….
I've owned the CoAx.

My kids are in college.
I give in then, and just take your word and expertise for granted and dispose of my co-ax and nexus. Please share the link when you find a zero or D 750 for me with all the trimmings for the price of the nexus.

Can one of you throw a tape on that thing ans give us some dimensions, as well as the size of the qd plate from Inline???

Ergos, quality, functionality, etc. Most of the things SAC attempted to fix with their press. Unfortunately SAC didn't fix the ergos, which is rather unfortunate.

Ergos? Quality? Functionality? I own one and couldn’t disagree more. You are literally the first person I’ve seen complain about any of these. What would you consider a good press then? Maybe stick to factory ammo, you wont have to worry about any of these made-up issues :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: LR1845
I agree to an extent. Consistency is the key as it is to every aspect of loading your own ammo. Premium presses like the Zero, Nexus, and Prazi promise consistent and precise movement and final position of the ram when it is fully extended. If your press is flexing differently as a result of differences in brass resistance then your bump will not be consistent. That is why many seek the hard contact between SH and die or solid “cam over.” If your press is able to overcome this brass resistance and come to the exact same position on full ram extension then your base-to-shoulder datum (bump) will be consistent. Is this possible on RCBS, Lee, and other standard presses? Of course. Knowledgable shooters do it all the time as they understand how to minimize flex in the system.

What you are paying for with a premium press like the Nexus is consistency through minimal system flex without the requirement of a hard contact between SH and die.

As long as the round with chamber and fire properly.......what % of shooters do you think can exploit difference in pressure and bullet jump from the shoulder bump variance of a flexing press?

The industry has proven 100x over that things like runout don't matter. So concentricity issues that even the cheapest presses allow for doesn't show up on paper even for the F Class crowd. So that part doesn't matter (you didn't mention, just saying).

So that only leaves the shoulder variance as the other potential issue. But, if you purposely change shoulder bump say.... +/- .003 or .004 and take most shooters.....do a Pepsi test where they don't know which round is which but you do.......you're going to have a hard time seeing a difference.

I think you're also overestimating how many people who make good ammo actually care about the flex in the press. Most serious releasers will to through a phase where they are OCD about that kind of stuff. Then after thousands of rounds just stop carrying and rum the ram up and down without caring too much as long as the ammo produced fits in the chamber. And they see that there is either no difference or a difference so small it's not worth the extra effort.

Ergos? Quality? Functionality? I own one and couldn’t disagree more. You are literally the first person I’ve seen complain about any of these. What would you consider a good press then? Maybe stick to factory ammo, you wont have to worry about any of these made-up issues :ROFLMAO:

And this is how threads end up going to shit. The issues aren't "made up" if that's his personal preference.

There's plenty of people who don't like presses that are commonly well liked. I used a co-ax for years and while it's a good press......IMO it's not the heaven sent gift to loaders that some people think.

And this is how threads end up going to shit. The issues aren't "made up" if that's his personal preference.

There's plenty of people who don't like presses that are commonly well liked. I used a co-ax for years and while it's a good press......IMO it's not the heaven sent gift to loaders that some people think.
I’m not saying it’s the be-all, end-all of presses by any means, it’s just a pretty extreme statement to say it sucks ass for those reasons. I get that there is personal preference and not everyone is going to like the same things. He was asked to explain why it sucks ass and didn’t offer an explanation outside of broad generalizations. I’m just wondering where it falls short in those areas or what he would consider to be good.