• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Arken SH4 Gen2 6-24x50 VPR MIL

How much are prices going up?
Lonewolf, did you get one ordered?
No idea... I'm not an insider. I asked them, and they wouldn't say. If it's $50, that's not terrible, and I'd still buy more in the future. $100 might be pushing it...But still a lot of scope for the money. But more than $100...I'll be looking around for other options.

If I was going to buy anymore of them, I'd get it that order in before midnight CST (Texas)... Once prices go up, they rarely go back down. Just my $0.02.

I did not. Almost did......twice LOL. Just not digging the 56mm & would rather give them some time to work the "bugs":eek:ut & hopefully come out with a 50mm option.
You won't regret a SH4 Gen2, if you want a 50mm. All of mine are excellent glass for the money. Honestly, I haven't had a chance to look through the new replacement EP5 outside, but I did look out the window with it when I first got it, and while it's nice, I don't think for $100 less you're really giving up much to the EP5 with the SH4's glass...Especially since they're essentially the same scope, just one with 50mm and the other 56mm, and one with HD, and the other ED glass.

Reactions: LonewolfMcQuade
Well I just ordered an EP5. Don’t even have a rifle for it yet but I am looking at getting another air gun so I may put it on that. Interested in seeing how this stacks up to my other scopes. Will find out in 8-12 weeks.
Keep in mind, they're not perfect, my first EP5 had to go back immediately after the first range outing. But the replacement seems to be good to go. Haven't been able to get to the range quite yet for verification. But looking out of the window at my black mailbox about 75 yards away, I could read the small letters on the side of it, even on max magnification, and parallax seems to be fairly accurate, so that's a good sign. 👍🏼

Looked on their website, apparently the prices only went up by $15 so that's not bad at all. I was expecting $50+ with the cost of parts, labor, shipping, etc... going up here in the US due to the rising inflation thanks to Creepy Joe...
That’s not bad at all. If I like the one I got, I will just pick up another. You can’t have too many scopes and i am most likely going to list my 2 SB’ers so I can use these are place holders until the 6-36 gets released if the rumored price points are true.

That’s not bad at all. If I like the one I got, I will just pick up another. You can’t have too many scopes and i am most likely going to list my 2 SB’ers so I can use these are place holders until the 6-36 gets released if the rumored price points are true.
Yeah, I was relieved to see the prices not go up much. 👍🏼

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
I was searching for info on the web and this thread popped up in the results. So here I am.

I'm very active in the 1911 Addicts forum. I am a huge fan of 1911's but I love all guns of every type. Old, new, revolvers, pistols, lever action, AR's and on and on. I'm not just an 1911 addict but overall a gun addict. I've heard a few guys mention this forum several times with positive comments.

I just received this week my first ever rifle scope. The one this thread is mainly about. The Arken SH4 6-24x50 GEN2 MOA.
I was searching for info on mounting to an AR15. All my AR's so far have been 300 BO pistols in various lengths. This scope will be attached to a new build I'm finishing up. It's a 24" .223 Wylde AR15.

What I'm in search of is good solid advice for a one piece quick detach mount. I want to use it occasionally on one of my 300 BO's. As this is my first rifle scope I want to know what you guys would recommend. Not trying to derail this thread, my apologies to the OP @FuhQ . Thanks!
BTW, I'm OldCuz at 1911 Addicts. I'm born and bred small town from NC. I look forward to spending some of my time here.

I was searching for info on the web and this thread popped up in the results. So here I am.

I'm very active in the 1911 Addicts forum. I am a huge fan of 1911's but I love all guns of every type. Old, new, revolvers, pistols, lever action, AR's and on and on. I'm not just an 1911 addict but overall a gun addict. I've heard a few guys mention this forum several times with positive comments.

I just received this week my first ever rifle scope. The one this thread is mainly about. The Arken SH4 6-24x50 GEN2 MOA.
I was searching for info on mounting to an AR15. All my AR's so far have been 300 BO pistols in various lengths. This scope will be attached to a new build I'm finishing up. It's a 24" .223 Wylde AR15.

What I'm in search of is good solid advice for a one piece quick detach mount. I want to use it occasionally on one of my 300 BO's. As this is my first rifle scope I want to know what you guys would recommend. Not trying to derail this thread, my apologies to the OP @FuhQ . Thanks!
BTW, I'm OldCuz at 1911 Addicts. I'm born and bred small town from NC. I look forward to spending some of my time here.
In my opinion reliable quick detach mounts start at 250$-300$. I haven’t tried the American defense mount, it could be good.

Reactions: hmd99

Let me back up a sec.
Your re not really looking for repeatable on an off mounting to maintain zero, you’re switching between two different platforms, so repeatable zero wouldn’t be a huge issue a couple shots would get you back if you record the turret locations between the two. So that would open you up to cheaper options. If you start getting up into the 3-400$ range you might as well buy another Arken.

Last edited:
I've always had good results with Warne. I wouldn't go any cheaper than this one.

I have Warne on my Pardini SP. good rings. I have LaRue on my two ARs. They are both QD and can be removed and returned to zero every single time. I don’t doubt that the rings will hold the scope in place but what you want it a repeatable zero if you are removing and replacing the scope and mount. I can 100 percent verify that LaRue mounts do that. But I agree, I wouldn’t go any cheaper than the Warne rings. Spuhr and American Rifle company also make great mounts.

It's not a QD mount, but the Arken AR "Rigid Precision" mount is nice, and only requires the use of a T25 Torx bit/driver. 3 screws and it's on/off. It's very stronge and rigid, and works perfectly with their scopes. Highly recommend.

Reactions: hmd99
ADM are the best bang for buck probably. Look on primary arms. They hold zero on and off, not that it matters switching rifles. Warne are solid as well, although I’ve not personally used their QD, I’m sure they’d work for you.

Video is not about the scope... But it was my first shots through the new replacement EP5. I did get a chance to sight it in and put some rounds through it down at the 100 and 200 yard ranges the other day when I had an afternoon off work, and the weather was really nice and sunny.

Overall thoughts on the EP5 is that it's a nice scope for the money. This one, the parallax works, the glass was clear all the way up to 25x, there wasn't much (if any) really noticeable CA, even at max mag, and overall seems like a good scope for the price. So, as long as it tracks true, and holds zero I'll be happy. So far, it gets a 👍🏼 from me.

That gun gets abused a fair bit during these suppressor tests... Usually 10-15 shots back-to-back-to-back. And for a bolt-action, that has no internal recoil absorption system (like a spring-operated semi-auto), that can be kind of torturous on an optic. Which is what caused my base to come loose last time. But now all the base screws are Rocksett'd and torqued, so, it should be good to go.

Feel free to like, subscribe, and share the new video with friends.

Be the first to see the *** BRAND NEW *** Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen suppressors in action!

Video is not about the scope... But it was my first shots through the new replacement EP5. I did get a chance to sight it in and put some rounds through it down at the 100 and 200 yard ranges the other day when I had an afternoon off work, and the weather was really nice and sunny.

Overall thoughts on the EP5 is that it's a nice scope for the money. This one, the parallax works, the glass was clear all the way up to 25x, there wasn't much (if any) really noticeable CA, even at max mag, and overall seems like a good scope for the price. So, as long as it tracks true, and holds zero I'll be happy. So far, it gets a 👍🏼 from me.

That gun gets abused a fair bit during these suppressor tests... Usually 10-15 shots back-to-back-to-back. And for a bolt-action, that has no internal recoil absorption system (like a spring-operated semi-auto), that can be kind of torturous on an optic. Which is what caused my base to come loose last time. But now all the base screws are Rocksett'd and torqued, so, it should be good to go.

Feel free to like, subscribe, and share the new video with friends.

Be the first to see the *** BRAND NEW *** Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen suppressors in action!

S&B puts scopes on a machine that replicates 50 BMG recoil for numerous rounds in a row. Just an interesting fact I learned from them while testing a PMII I bought.

Reactions: FuhQ
S&B puts scopes on a machine that replicates 50 BMG recoil for numerous rounds in a row. Just an interesting fact I learned from them while testing a PMII I bought.
That's pretty cool. I'm sure as beefy as the Arken turret posts are, one could assume the rest of the erectors and internals are, as well. At least, I hope they are.

I'm sure it will be fine, but I know my lightweight 7RM deer rigs and Sendero SF 7STW's have rattled the guts loose in several scopes in less than 100 rounds. Both have a pretty sharp recoil impulse. Granted, the scopes were not exactly "high-end" optics, but they were still pretty proven and considered to be somewhat-decent budget scopes back in their day.

Finally got a good day at the range last weekend with the EP5… Man, this thing is pretty damn nice even up to 25x. Parallax is slightly off, but I noticed no discernible CA at max magnification straight-on, but a very slight bit when you get off-tilt.

Here’s some crappy phone pics at the 200 yard target. It looks WAY better in person, than it does in these pictures. These pictures look very washed-out with glare. I tried my best with the tripod for steady images, but the phone camera just doesn’t work well taking pics through a scope, it also has a hard time focusing on the reticle and the background, it’s like it can only do either/or. 🤦🏼 I debated on whether or not to post them, but decided what the hell...

5x

3191DEF7-5D98-4027-BD6B-98914B2592AC.jpeg

16x

AECB695F-6C7D-487E-8272-E726ADA554E7.jpeg

25x

0D2E9974-4C03-492D-8E72-29D9523F9EFB.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like I got the week off again (the wonderful quirks of getting a construction project started)...So looks like Friday and this weekend I'll be hitting the range again. Been doing some long overdue brass reclamation over the last few days. I've been converting about 500 .223 cases to .300 BLK and ready to load. At least I can get some stuff done while the range is closed (they're only open Fri-Mon).

Went to the range today… Did some load testing with the 6.5 Grendel with the new Faxon 20” 416r Heavy Fluted 5R Match barrel, and swapping the Arken SH4 Gen2 6-24x50 onto it. As time goes on, I love this new setup.

I found a load with 30.0gr of CFE-223 in 1x fired Hornady brass, CCI 450’s, and Nosler 123 CC’s. I was able to seat them 0.020” off the lands and they still fit in the magazine! Most groups were closer to 1/2-3/4” @ 100 (which is typically from me moving around), but it did put down one group that impressed me. 3-shots at 3/8”. I was shooting through my Dead Air Nomad-LT, since it was already sighted in for it.

I think I’ll be exploring this load some more. 👍🏼

A76639EB-6E5B-4060-9681-5169A9C32EF0.jpeg

5BC89F4D-AF85-4D16-AD12-1AEDB0E615C7.jpeg

06943100-4A65-46E8-BE16-2DD45253C6DB.jpeg

BF696BC0-C974-4CC9-BB9A-F7B828FC0FD0.jpeg

Last edited:
Went to the range today… Did some load testing with the 6.5 Grendel with the new Faxon 20” 416r Heavy Fluted 5R Match barrel, and swapping the Arken SH4 Gen2 6-24x50 onto it. As time goes on, I love this new setup.

I found a load with 30.0gr of CFE-223 in 1x fired Hornady brass, CCI 450’s, and Nosler 123 CC’s. I was able to seat them 0.020” off the lands and they still fit in the magazine! Most groups were closer to 1/2” @ 100 (which is typically from me moving around), but it did put down one group that impressed me. 3-shots at 3/8”. I was shooting through my Dead Air Nomad-LT, since it was already sighted in for it.

I think I’ll be exploring this load some more. 👍🏼

View attachment 7842376
View attachment 7842378
View attachment 7842377
View attachment 7842374
Glad you’re finally getting to shoot it. Put up some 10 shot groups. That’s the testament.

Reactions: FuhQ
Glad you’re finally getting to shoot it. Put up some 10 shot groups. That’s the testament.
It's an AR, and a DMR, so if it shoots sub-MOA, then I'm happy. I'm just bored and tinkering with shit at this point. Gives me an excuse to shoot and get out of the house on the weekends, and play with my suppressors. 😂

Finally ultrasonic cleaning my BCG's for the 6.5G and .300 BLK after hundreds of shots suppressed. I wanted to see how gunky they would get before needing to be cleaned, because the .300 BLK used to give me fits, but I found out the BCG has a huge carbon buildup inside the BCG that was causing my bolt head to stick closed/open. After I finally shot it enough and knocked all that carbon ring loose and in fell out in chunks, it has ran great since. So I let it go, and it's been probably 500 rounds (suppressed) since I cleaned it, and it was still going great, but It was looking kind of crusty, so figured it was time for some TLC. Testing the ultrasonic on gun parts. Been using it for brass for 10+ years, but never used it on gun parts, and I'm using 4oz of Purple Power and the rest water, with the heater element going, so it should clean them up pretty damn good.

Reactions: db2000
Let me know how it goes. I should probably do the same but so far just doing what I’ve been doing has worked so far so hard to get off a winning number.

Let me know how it goes. I should probably do the same but so far just doing what I’ve been doing has worked so far so hard to get off a winning number.
I let it run longer than most people do (45 mins 😑) and it stripped ALL the oils, carbon, grease, everything off the BC's and bolt heads. The firing pins could have gone longer, but a quick brushing cleaned them up 100%. I let them sit upright and drain all the water out and dry, then soaked them in RemOil incase it managed to strip any finish off them. So I soaked them down good, along with all the other parts, and reassembled. So far, so good. I'll check on them in a few days to make sure they're fine, but I'm sure they will be.

In all honesty, the Spikes M16 BC in the .300 BLK is really old and has seen MANY thousands of rounds, and probably could use replacing anyway. So, if it did damage the finish, it's not the end of the world. A lot of whatever finish it used to have on it has probably been stripped from years of use anyway. It holds carbon like a magnet. 😂 The bolt head is much newer, and has only seen a few thousand rounds, mostly subsonic & suppressed, so it's still good to go, and it's a high-end Rainier Arms unit. I'll probably just buy a whole new unit and keep that one for spare parts/backup, since it still has some life left in it.

Most folks say not to run them for more than about 10-15 minutes, but that seems really short. My brass takes 90, with heat (~150º F), and sometimes it still doesn't do a super good job if I have the basket packed to the brim. But my sonic cleaner is a really old Hornady Magnum 3L unit (all stainless steel) that I bought about 10 years ago. It's been a great unit, still works. But I'm sure the newer units are MUCH stronger and more powerful.

Last edited:
I've checked them a few times over the last week, and everything seems fine on the BCG's are cleaning, so I'd say ultrasonic cleaning is good-to-go. 👍🏼

I'd try to avoid letting it run as long as I did, as most folks recommend about 10-15 mins with the heating element on. But mine appeared to do no damage to the finishes, so I'm happy with the outcome. 👍🏼

Just make sure to let it dry good, and blow-out all the water from the orifices and then immediately soak them in oil again to avoid any surface rust.

Reactions: db2000
New video is out with the Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen L & S suppressors on my 20" 6 5 Grendel with the Arken SH4 on it. 👍🏼

Going to the range tomorrow to work on some load development for my 7mmRM now that it's cut down and threaded, and going to get some velocity numbers with the MSv2 chrono. Also going to see how it sounds with all the cans and get some video footage. 👍🏼 Also, taking the .260 with the Arken EP5, so I'll do some comparisons between it and the SE 5-25x56. Supposed to be nice and clear tomorrow, so I should be able to get clear views with the glass.

First post! I want to try out one of these Arkens someday. Currently they are running 30% off, so pre-tax comes to $326!! Is it often that they run these high of promotions or should I pull the trigger while the offer is active?

First post! I want to try out one of these Arkens someday. Currently they are running 30% off, so pre-tax comes to $326!! Is it often that they run these high of promotions or should I pull the trigger while the offer is active?
I believe that’s new. Unclear how long it will last but honestly that’s as good a price as your going to get. I doubt you’ll be disappointed for that price! 🍻

I would order one soon. Seems like when they run deals like that, they go out of stock and people are on a waiting list for a minute.

Enabling bastards!!!! 🤣

I need 2 more of the sh4's.......can't excuse not, especially with the 30% off right now

Reactions: Gohring65
So the only deal now is the 30% off? The "save $170" no longer active on the kit?
...bro, just add the scope & mount to your cart and then apply the SAVE30% code, it still only comes out to $370.99 total, one helluva bargain!

I hate to admit it, but that's even lower than what I paid for mine WITH the "SAVE$170" code....arrrgghhh!

...bro, just add the scope & mount to your cart and then apply the SAVE30% code, it still only comes out to $370.99 total, one helluva bargain!

I hate to admit it, but that's even lower than what I paid for mine WITH the "SAVE$170" code....arrrgghhh!
Yeah, $197.00 off with the 30% code👍 scope+accessories kit. $460 ish

...on my last range visit had a chance to look thru a new EP5 a gent had on his Tika 22LR, it was nice, very nice....but to my eyes, I didn't discern a whole lot of difference from my SH4 Gen2 4x16. My "expectations", especially in regards to the higher magnification past 16X, may not have been realistic to begin with. Clarity wise, my eyes would say they were about the same. I admit, it was on a 100YD range, but I expected the small dots/details on the target to be more than what I actually experienced. If anything, it kind of"tamed down" that urge to spend sparse funds for now, seeing as it's a "want" and not a "need".

Just ordered another SH4 6-24×50MM Mil, 20moa mount, scope covers, bubble level & magnification lever:$444.46 out the door w/ "save30%" code. This will be my 3rd Arken.
Screenshot_20220516-185454.jpg

I knew you would get pushed over the edge sooner or later.
Couldn't resist lol. Needed this one for my 20" AR15. Its an early b-day present from my beautiful Southern Belle. She said order it NOW before either the discount code disappeared or "Asshole Biden fuks something else up!"😂

Couldn't resist lol. Needed this one for my 20" AR15. Its an early b-day present from my beautiful Southern Belle. She said order it NOW before either the discount code disappeared or "Asshole Biden fuks something else up!"😂
Bless her heart.lol
That’s what I’m putting it on, a 20” ar.

New video is up with the brand new Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen-L on my custom A-Bolt II 7mmRM. This is going to be one awesome lightweight (and QUIET!) deer hunting rig. I hope my stamp comes back before deer season. 👍🏼

Last edited: