• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Arken SH4 Gen2 6-24x50 VPR MIL

I ordered 4 direct and 1 from Snyder Precision. Snyder doesn't stock them, but had Arken drop ship it to me. Snyder had a 10% off deal at the time.

Reactions: Gohring65
ordered
I sent an email and their response was within 30 minutes on a question I had. That to me is very good! Ordered the mil version, going on a 308
now I need a mount, what size height is appropriate for little clearance on an Aero home brew?

Last edited:
Reactions: FuhQ
...as much as my "impulsive urge" to buy another SH model with the discount given me, I have to keep that "impulsive urge" under control and wait for the EP series to become available. Nothing against the SH series, just would like to experience the other series.....kinda like having both an AR15 format and AR10 format ;) ...what I'm also hoping to see is if both the VPR and EPR reticles will be available and if previous purchasers (of any Arken scope) will be afforded an incentive like the GoBrandon offer....

I had the opportunity to get behind the
4-16 ep4 and the 4-16 sh4 today.
The turrets on the ep4 are way better, much more refined and tactile, even though they are 10 mil turrets and the sh4 are 8, it still has better feel to me.
The glass surprisingly was not very different from each other, I really couldn’t tell the difference even trying to get them both to wash out in the sun.
It was me and another guy trying to pick them apart and both of us couldn’t tell the difference.
The EP4 is still a better scope overall.
I heard rumors of a Gen 2 ep4 5-25x56 in the future.

I had the opportunity to get behind the
4-16 ep4 and the 4-16 sh4 today.
The turrets on the ep4 are way better, much more refined and tactile, even though they are 10 mil turrets and the sh4 are 8, it still has better feel to me.
The glass surprisingly was not very different from each other, I really couldn’t tell the difference even trying to get them both to wash out in the sun.
It was me and another guy trying to pick them apart and both of us couldn’t tell the difference.
The EP4 is still a better scope overall.
I heard rumors of a Gen 2 ep4 5-25x56 in the future.
l know what I want for Christmas... 😏

If that's the case, then the Strike Eagle better watch out... Because for $100 less MSRP than the Strike Eagle's sale price ($599 vs $699), it's going to be some stiff competition for the Strike Eagle to overcome. The SH4 Gen2 is already nearly identical to it, I can imagine the Jap ED glass would be even better.

I’ve milled around with getting an Arken and I’ve looked at the SH and EP. Couldn’t decide, may just save up and go Razor or Cronus, Idk.

Anyone compare this scope to the
Athlon Optics Ares ETR 4.5-30x56 34mm APRS1 FFP IR MIL Reticle
?

Possibly.
I got the accessory pack also.
Now rings, as I only have 30mm...
The Arken HALO rings are pretty damn good for $60. I have them on my first Arken on my .260 Rem, and so far, solid as a rock.

My 2nd Arken I bought a set of Seekins Precision 34mm Low (0.92") rings, which is what I run on everything. It's my normal ring that I use, but at the time of my first Arken purchase, they were non-existent in the U.S. But so far, those Arken rings are pretty damn decent. And the machining fitment for their tube is as flawless as you can get. Mine have virtually zero ring-gap once properly torque to 18 in/lbs.

Reactions: buggz
Anyone compare this scope to the
Athlon Optics Ares ETR 4.5-30x56 34mm APRS1 FFP IR MIL Reticle
?
I just don’t think it’s a fair comparison. This is a very nice 350$-450$ scope. The strike eagle pulls ahead on glass, turret design and feel, and I think the ETR is better than the strike eagle.
I think a fair comparison would be,
SWFA fixed and 3-15s
Athlon Argos BTR Gen 2
Athlon halos Gen 2
Vortex venom
Vortex strike eagle
I think guys that would be in the market for a 500ish + or - 100ish dollars scope would be looking at all these scopes.
I haven’t handled the venom or the halos gen2 yet, I have several years with swfa and I have a strike eagle, I put strike eagle first and the Arken second.
I would almost bet the halos and venom would quickly take the position above swfa, just because of the lack of features on the swfa.

Im curious if this compares to the Athlon Midas Tac. I have one on my 7mm and love it, I have been contemplating getting another for my 6.5Grendel but the Arken is sounded real nice.

Im curious if this compares to the Athlon Midas Tac. I have one on my 7mm and love it, I have been contemplating getting another for my 6.5Grendel but the Arken is sounded real nice.
I think the Midas tac is better, I’d put it in the next tier of comparison if I was looking at them.
I’d start with the strike eagle and go up to the 1200$ range, the Midas fits nicely in that bracket.
I keep comparing scopes to this Arken and when I go to put them in a list, the damn 350$ price tag keeps popping up. You just can’t find a better scope feature list in that price range.

I do think that the Arken will do anything the other scopes can do. It’s set up for precision and they gave it good enough glass for any 1000 yard rig.
It’s all up to the mechanism and if it’s durable and accurate. Time will tell.
I personally believe if you have a 1000$ budget for a scope, buy a 1000$ scope, if you have 500$ then buy a 500$ scope, if all you have is 350$ then this scope is a no brainer.

I just don’t think it’s a fair comparison. This is a very nice 350$-450$ scope. The strike eagle pulls ahead on glass, turret design and feel, and I think the ETR is better than the strike eagle.
I think a fair comparison would be,
SWFA fixed and 3-15s
Athlon Argos BTR Gen 2
Athlon halos Gen 2
Vortex venom
Vortex strike eagle
I think guys that would be in the market for a 500ish + or - 100ish dollars scope would be looking at all these scopes.
I haven’t handled the venom or the halos gen2 yet, I have several years with swfa and I have a strike eagle, I put strike eagle first and the Arken second.
I would almost bet the halos and venom would quickly take the position above swfa, just because of the lack of features on the swfa.
I think the Venom is the same scope as the Strike Eagle (same glass, tube, lenses, etc...) just less features (no locking turrets, no illuminated reticle, and the EBR-2 vs. the EBR-7C reticle).

Through my eyes, the SE and the Arken SH4 Gen2 are nearly identical at all the magnification ranges. Each have their pros and cons, but Side-by-side, I'd put them at an equal playing field in both features and solid construction.

I think the Venom is the same scope as the Strike Eagle (same glass, tube, lenses, etc...) just less features (no locking turrets, no illuminated reticle, and the EBR-2 vs. the EBR-7C reticle).

Through my eyes, the SE and the Arken SH4 Gen2 are nearly identical at all the magnification ranges. Each have their pros and cons, but Side-by-side, I'd put them at an equal playing field in both features and solid construction.
There’s a couple pics out there with them side by side (SE and Venom) and the bodies are different, I suspect the same glass, snd I’m not sure about internals since the elevation range is different.

It's not the same glass and tube. SE has a little better glass. Both have the 7C reticle.

Strike Eagle on left and Venom on right.

IMG_1635.jpg

It's not the same glass and tube. SE has a little better glass. Both have the 7C reticle.

Strike Eagle on left and Venom on right.

View attachment 7739373
I've never seen them side-by-side. I always read they were the same thing, just less features... Sort of like how Vortex did the PST Gen1 vs the HS-T... Same exact scope, just less bells & whistles.

I will say this, I do love my Strike Eagle 5-25x56 EBR-7C MRAD. For the money, it's a hell of a scope. If I could snap my fingers and turn all my HS-T's into Strike Eagles, I'd do it. My HS-T's have been excellent scopes, but that zero-stop system and pain in the ass turret reset system is kind of janky... I've always felt that way about them, but at the time when I bought them (when they came out) nothing out there competed in that price range.

I've never seen them side-by-side. I always read they were the same thing, just less features... Sort of like how Vortex did the PST Gen1 vs the HS-T... Same exact scope, just less bells & whistles.

I will say this, I do love my Strike Eagle 5-25x56 EBR-7C MRAD. For the money, it's a hell of a scope. If I could snap my fingers and turn all my HS-T's into Strike Eagles, I'd do it. My HS-T's have been excellent scopes, but that zero-stop system and pain in the ass turret reset system is kind of janky... I've always felt that way about them, but at the time when I bought them (when they came out) nothing out there competed in that price range.
Yup they are an older design like the Gen I PSTs but Vortex is upgrading the line as you see.

I think you were confusing the Diamondback Tactical with the 2C to the Venom with the 7C.

Honestly, I think vortex just come out with a pretty good Chinese knock off of the Gen 2 razor with the strike eagle.
Very similar features just a little different mag range.

Wouldn't call it a "knock off" but a more affodable option for people who want some similar features but want to stay below $700.

Yup they are an older design like the Gen I PSTs but Vortex is upgrading the line as you see.

I think you were confusing the Diamondback Tactical with the 2C to the Venom with the 7C.
I guess that means I need to sell my HS-T's while they still have some value before the HS-T Gen2 comes out... LOL

Good luck!
Any AR height rings would be fine I think.
I ordered their mount, not qd but fine. CS was awesome, combined my orders, gave me free ship code so not overcharged on 2nd order, and was great to email back and forth with. Outstanding transaction all around.

Reactions: FuhQ and Gohring65
I ordered their mount, not qd but fine. CS was awesome, combined my orders, gave me free ship code so not overcharged on 2nd order, and was great to email back and forth with. Outstanding transaction all around.
Yeah, I have had a extremely good experience with them ever since I bought the EP4. There was some reports of ghosting for a minute, but I never experienced that at all.
Let me just say, if you break that mount you’ll be covered. They went above and beyond to fix a set of rings for me.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
I just noticed... Is that Venom in a set of Arken HALO rings...? 😏

Needed a cheap set of 34mm rings and the Vortex Pro Series stop at 30mm. They seem to do the job well.

Needed a cheap set of 34mm rings and the Vortex Pro Series stop at 30mm. They seem to do the job well.
They're the nicest fitting and strongest $60 set of rings I've ever bought. Been impressed, myself. The set that's on my first Arken is rock-solid at 18 in/lbs. Also, the ring-gap is virtually non-existent on my set. Good engineering & good Q&A, leads to good products...Regardless of the price.

I've got a set of Vortex Precisions in 34mm that my Strike Eagle sits in. They're built by Seekins, which is what I normally run on everything, and they're solid, as well. $140 a set, but they're built like a tank.

They're the nicest fitting and strongest $60 set of rings I've ever bought. Been impressed, myself. The set that's on my first Arken is rock-solid at 18 in/lbs. Also, the ring-gap is virtually non-existent on my set. Good engineering & good Q&A, leads to good products...Regardless of the price.

I've got a set of Vortex Precisions in 34mm that my Strike Eagle sits in. They're built by Seekins, which is what I normally run on everything, and they're solid, as well. $140 a set, but they're built like a tank.

Yup Seekins are my go to ring and have been since 2005. Never let me down.

The Arken rings are nice and I actually wish they had a hair more gap as I like the gap to set torque and see how the ring cap sits. Also I wish they didn’t go from the .92 right up to 1.26”. A 1” or 1.1” would have been better. That said for the $60 they are a good choice. I wanted a similar prices ring with scope to see what someone buying it might use and it works. The Strike Eagle has a used set of Warne Mountain Tech rings I got here used for around $70 if memory serves.

Reactions: DGD6MM

The Arken rings are nice and I actually wish they had a hair more gap as I like the gap to set torque and see how the ring cap sits. Also I wish they didn’t go from the .92 right up to 1.26”. A 1” or 1.1” would have been better. That said for the $60 they are a good choice. I wanted a similar prices ring with scope to see what someone buying it might use and it works. The Strike Eagle has a used set of Warne Mountain Tech rings I got here used for around $70 if memory serves.
I like about 1/4" of clearance for the scope objective bell with a set of BC flip-caps, so, for me, the 0.92" rings about the perfect height with the 20 MOA rails, and still allows me to use a decent cheek-weld on a non-adjustable stock.

I like about 1/4" of clearance for the scope objective bell with a set of BC flip-caps, so, for me, the 0.92" rings about the perfect height with the 20 MOA rails, and still allows me to use a decent cheek-weld on a non-adjustable stock.

With 56mm objectives and caps? You must be using high 20 moa rails or thinner contour barrels as they don’t work with any of my set ups except the one with a high 20 moa rail.

I can’t remember what height my seekins are, the Arkens were way to low for the 56mm objective to run on a 20 moa accutac steel rail it’s a nice low profile rail. but worked perfectly on this Leupold mark 4 steel rail on the savage. I ended up putting the vortex SE in a little higher Seekins and put a DMR2 in the Arken rings. I don’t think the DMR2 with 50mm will even fit in the chassis rifle in the low Arken rings.
678CF49C-B8A4-4B23-A81E-3897B655AD25.jpeg
0C0C24D5-E077-475C-858A-B08B0F593A7B.jpeg

Last edited:
With 56mm objectives and caps? You must be using high 20 moa rails or thinner contour barrels as they don’t work with any of my set ups except the one with a high 20 moa rail.
Nope, using Sendero/Varmint contour barrels and EGW HD 20MOA rails. 😏

It's somewhere between 1/8-1/4" gap. Plenty enough to not interact with each other under recoil.

Nope, using Sendero/Varmint contour barrels and EGW HD 20MOA rails. 😏

It's somewhere between 1/8-1/4" gap. Plenty enough to not interact with each other under recoil.

That's not an overly heavy barrel but heavy enough. Must be the EGW. Below is a 1" ring with an M24 barrel. I wouldn't want it any lower. That's with Badger Ordnance, Seekins and on TL3 bases.

K214IHl.jpg

Reactions: FuhQ and Gohring65

A 34mm 1.1" is exactly what I want for my T1x and 10/22

What is the objective and ocular measurements on the SH-4 gen2 6x24 for a cheap set of butler creek caps.
Cant find anything on their site.

Some free advice? Don't buy BC caps. They snap if looking at them. LOL So if you buy them buy a few sets.

I've only ever had 2-3 caps break in 25 years... 🤷🏼
I've broken more than that in a few months of matches. Hit them on anything they snap off. Haven't used them in years and would never go back especially with the better options today.

Do you all think the Arken SH4 is a better scope compared tot Athlon Argos BTR G2? They both go at the same price point. Looking for something to shoot bench and PRS limited to 100 yards most of the time. This is going on a Tikka t1x.