• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Arken SH4 Gen2 6-24x50 VPR MIL

Anyone know if the MKM throw lever for SH4 Gen I works with the SH4 Gen II??
No idea, try contacting Tyler. He's a member on here. He might can tell you. Or email Arken, and ask them if the same throw levers work for both models.

Went to the range today with a long time friend of mine that I hadn't seen in about a year. He wanted me to use all my professional tools to mount and bore-sight a scope for him, and then go to the range to zero it @100 yards, so his wife could use it for deer hunting this weekend.

So when we went to the range to zero it, I took my R700 .260 Rem with the Arken SH4 Gen2 on it. He took 10 shots through it (nearing dark) @ 200 yards, and seemed pretty impressed. Then he texted me about 2 hours ago asking what the $100 off code was. 😂

I guess he was sold after 10 shots behind one. 😏

Last edited:
Reactions: LonewolfMcQuade
You can probably just punch in a CC number... But setting up a PayPal is very quick and easy. It's also VERY secure. And if you ever have an issue with a purchaser, or shipping, or not receiving your items, or something like that, PayPal will intervene and you can your money back through them. So, it's like an extra layer of buying protection for both buying and selling things online.
I tried purchase using debit/credit bank card ( deposited $500.00 cash into acct). At checkout, it kept saying "something went wrong" & when hitting the "try again" selection, it routed me to PayPal w/ Arken at page top. Wasn't sure if that was normal/legit to happen so figured I'd ask here since you fellas bought quite a few & were more familiar with the company than I. I did text & email Arken but recieved no response from them. If it's normal to get the PayPal link, I'll retry my order. If I am supposed to be able to directly order from Arken WITHOUT PayPal step, I should probably wait till I get a response from Arken before attempting again in case there is an issue. Hopefully just fuked up because of heavy web traffic today. I KNOW for a FACT funds are there. Thanks for the reply @FuhQ !

Reactions: FuhQ
I tried purchase using debit/credit bank card ( deposited $500.00 cash into acct). At checkout, it kept saying "something went wrong" & when hitting the "try again" selection, it routed me to PayPal w/ Arken at page top. Wasn't sure if that was normal/legit to happen so figured I'd ask here since you fellas bought quite a few & were more familiar with the company than I. I did text & email Arken but recieved no response from them. If it's normal to get the PayPal link, I'll retry my order. If I am supposed to be able to directly order from Arken WITHOUT PayPal step, I should probably wait till I get a response from Arken before attempting again in case there is an issue. Hopefully just fuked up because of heavy web traffic today. I KNOW for a FACT funds are there. Thanks for the reply @FuhQ !
Yeah, they're probably swamped today with emails since they changed their Precision Pack option, I'm getting slow responses as well. But mine are not "urgent", just general questions.

Hopefully your issue gets straightened out. I've been using PayPal since like 2007, and never once had an issue, because eBay used to only accept PayPal, and I used to buy a lot of discontinued high-end Shimano fishing reels years ago. But since then it's become such a common thing, most all online places accept PayPal now, so it's been a very handy thing to have. Just my $0.02.

Let us know when you get it situated, and then when you get your scope and your thoughts and impressions. I'm not affiliated with Arken or any company, but I'm just curious to see all thoughts and opinions of them, since they're so new. 👍🏼

That $170 free Precision Pack offer with the rings and throw lever, and bubble level, etc... is a pretty good deal. Their HALO rings are pretty damn solid and very high-quality.

Yeah, they're probably swamped today with emails since they changed their Precision Pack option, I'm getting slow responses as well. But mine are not "urgent", just general questions.

Hopefully your issue gets straightened out. I've been using PayPal since like 2007, and never once had an issue, because eBay used to only accept PayPal, and I used to buy a lot of discontinued high-end Shimano fishing reels years ago. But since then it's become such a common thing, most all online places accept PayPal now, so it's been a very handy thing to have. Just my $0.02.

Let us know when you get it situated, and then when you get your scope and your thoughts and impressions. I'm not affiliated with Arken or any company, but I'm just curious to see all thoughts and opinions of them, since they're so new. 👍🏼
I'll update when I hear back from them. I am "trying" to order the 6-24×50 mil scope& the combo pack.After following this thread & hearing the satisfaction among you guys, I KNEW sooner than later you fukers were gonna help me blow $$$$! 😂🤣

• Haha
I'll update when I hear back from them. I am "trying" to order the 6-24×50 mil scope& the combo pack.After following this thread & hearing the satisfaction among you guys, I KNEW sooner than later you fukers were gonna help me blow $$$$! 😂🤣
I would definitely opt for the VPR MIL reticle. It's a very nice "christmas tree" style. I've become a big fan of it since having mine. Prior to this Arken, I was an SFP reticle guy, but after getting the FFP and learning how to use it, I've become an FFP fan.

I would definitely opt for the VPR MIL reticle. It's a very nice "christmas tree" style. I've become a big fan of it since having mine. Prior to this Arken, I was an SFP reticle guy, but after getting the FFP and learning how to use it, I've become an FFP fan.
I went through the PayPal thing & order went right through. Just ordered the scope for now. I may go for a different mount.

Attachments

• 20211126_235713.jpg
    20211126_235713.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 61
Nice. They usually ship pretty quick, all of mine were in-hand within a week. 👍🏼
That was my next question. I saw some less than pleased remarks on shipping time on their forum. But I believe those were older comments from july/August when shipping or stock was more dismal.

That was my next question. I saw some less than pleased remarks on shipping time on their forum. But I believe those were older comments from july/August when shipping or stock was more dismal.
They had some big growing pains over the last year or so (from what I've been told, I didn't discover them until about 4-5 months ago), but I think they're finally finding their way.

No idea, try contacting Tyler. He's a member on here. He might can tell you. Or email Arken, and ask them if the same throw levers work for both models.
Did both already. Tyler was quick to respond. He’s got the measurements of the Gen II now so we’ll see. I hate even bothering people with that shit during such a busy weekend but I guess that’s part of the business I suppose.
There’s a pig nose set screw and I don’t know if it serves a functional purpose other than filling space but we’ll see what Arken says. The location leans me to believe a throw lever can screw into it.
9FE053A5-21A0-4D5B-A5B2-2F8215391065.jpeg

Did both already. Tyler was quick to respond. He’s got the measurements of the Gen II now so we’ll see. I hate even bothering people with that shit during such a busy weekend but I guess that’s part of the business I suppose.
There’s a pig nose set screw and I don’t know if it serves a functional purpose other than filling space but we’ll see what Arken says. The location leans me to believe a throw lever can screw into it.
View attachment 7748537
I noticed that pig nose setscrew on mine, as well. I thought the same thing. But I bought the Precision Pack with the lever... If you already have the MKM lever, see if it fits... If not, order the Arken lever...It's a nice unit...Not cheap or flimsy at all. It's very robust and quality fit and finish.

I finally heard back from CS today-from Friday's help requests. PayPal is whom they use for processing temporarily. No way around it for now. Late replies are due to them using 3rd party messaging services. CS said sometimes it can take a few days for them to receive messages. I think I'm GTG, excited to get this scope & play with it. I want to compare it to all the different level of qty. ones I have & see exactly which it's equivalent to. I've got different levels of Leupold, Trijicon, Nikon P & Monarch types, Bushnell, Shepherd etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: FuhQ and DGD6MM
....personally, I don't compare my scopes to each other, I just evaluate a scope I've spent money on by it's own merits 🤷‍♂️

...when I read thru threads about scopes, I pretty much read between the lines of the "haters" and "fanboy" posts....knowing full well that until I get the scope in my hands and use it will I know if it was worth it or not...

I normally don't either. However, I'm curious how it stacks up against the glass in some of the other budget scopes costing x2, x3 etc.

....personally, I don't compare my scopes to each other, I just evaluate a scope I've spent money on by it's own merits 🤷‍♂️

...when I read thru threads about scopes, I pretty much read between the lines of the "haters" and "fanboy" posts....knowing full well that until I get the scope in my hands and use it will I know if it was worth it or not...
It seems impossible that you don’t think comparatively how a cost your using stacks up against others you own or have spent time behind. I believe you don’t consciously compare out loud or to others but you know in your own mind which scope has better qualities…unless you’re a robot 😳

It seems impossible that you don’t think comparatively how a cost your using stacks up against others you own or have spent time behind. I believe you don’t consciously compare out loud or to others but you know in your own mind which scope has better qualities…unless you’re a robot 😳....

....actually I don't.... each scope (or any product) has its own attributes/features and I choose it for what it is claimed in their brochures/adverts/spec sheets. After I get it in hand I look to see that it fulfills those claims and does it meet my needs that prompted the purchase n the first place.

....to me at least, trying to compare differing products against each other can only lead to "buyers regret", but focusing instead on the individual products attributes and merits mitigates that occurring.

...this is still the land of the free, where we can formulate our own thoughts and speak those thoughts....I respect your opinions just as much as I respect my own.

Well. I’ll be trying a 4-16 out. After I placed an order on Friday. I decided to change the rings I ordered. Sent an email for a change order request Sunday night and received a response back this morning that the order has been updated to the new rings I wanted. So far. Comms are good.

Reactions: DGD6MM and FuhQ
Got confirmation my scope order shipped out today. My 2nd order was placed a day later, I assume it'll ship soon.

The new (2021) 4-16 EP4 is much better than the SH4 Gen II I just received in similar mag ranges.
According to my sources, the EP4 line will be no more once they are sold out... They will be updating it with a brand new line sometime in 2022.

Kind of excited to see what they have to offer.

I am debating on ordering more Arkens, and just start slowly replacing Vortex Viper HS-T's on most of my magnum Centerfire rifles with Arkens, since they are $100 off right now. I could actually upgrade a few rifles with the HS-T's and sell the rest for more than what the Arkens replacing them would cost. Well, maybe about the same once I buy 34mm Seekins rings for each one at $140 a pop. 😂 But still...Big upgrade over the HS-T, IMO having compared both side-by-side extensively.

Arken scope will be here tomorrow. They STILL haven't shipped my other order made 12hours later for some reason. I'm sure they're swamped with orders

Arken scope will be here tomorrow. They STILL haven't shipped my other order made 12hours later for some reason. I'm sure they're swamped with orders
Shoot them an email with your order number. Or, they might have shipped it with that first order, since you asked him about it. So it might not show up as "shipped", even though it was shipped with the first order?

I am debating on ordering more Arkens, and just start slowly replacing Vortex Viper HS-T's on most of my magnum Centerfire rifles with Arkens, since they are $100 off right now. I could actually upgrade a few rifles with the HS-T's and sell the rest for more than what the Arkens replacing them would cost. Well, maybe about the same once I buy 34mm Seekins rings for each one at $140 a pop. 😂 But still...Big upgrade over the HS-T, IMO having compared both side-by-side extensively.
What's the scoop on the $100 off, is this currently going on?

My Arken 6-24× scope arrived today, accessories will be here Tuesday if USPS doesn't fuk it up again like they did with the scope. I didn't get a chance to look through it outdoors yet as it was delivered while I was out deer hunting today. My 1st impression, before even opening the box, was "holy SHIT, how many scopes are in here?" Lol. It's a tad on the heavy side. After opening the box, I was pretty damn impressed! Big turrets w/large bright white numbers I can actually see without pulling out the reading glasses. Got the eye piece adjusted for my eye, damn nice reticle, it's not too fat where it'll interfere with the target like some FFP reticles do. Focuses VERY well up close. Turrets are crisp & clean, very controllable. Much better than the turrets on my Nikon M308 Tactical. Can't wait for daylight to check clarity and brightness.