• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Arken SH4 Gen2 6-24x50 VPR MIL

Who’s compared the 4-16 and the 6-24 side by side?
I had the opportunity to compare a ep4 4-16 to the sh4 4-16. I haven’t had the opportunity to compare the two sh4s together. I bought the 4-16 because I’m gambling thinking the glass quality to better fit in that mag range. I’m wondering if I’m right.

Got my 4-16 and 6-24 the other day.

Attachments

• 1E93666B-8910-45FE-998C-F54CB26137B3.jpeg
    1E93666B-8910-45FE-998C-F54CB26137B3.jpeg
    586.2 KB · Views: 72
  • D335B56D-8CC1-4E89-B7DA-85C454C1C9D7.jpeg
    D335B56D-8CC1-4E89-B7DA-85C454C1C9D7.jpeg
    466.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 534B4733-B68D-4FD9-B774-84015BD1D14C.jpeg
    534B4733-B68D-4FD9-B774-84015BD1D14C.jpeg
    646.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 692E6EA7-59B6-490F-8821-ECF28D2DD329.jpeg
    692E6EA7-59B6-490F-8821-ECF28D2DD329.jpeg
    594.8 KB · Views: 75
I took out the 4-16 my friend ordered on his Larue UU 18” rifle and shot it. I loved it. It seriously can’t be beat for the money. I’m going to put the 6-24 on my 6.5 Grendel 20” rifle and put it through the passes. The 4-16 will go on a 223 18” AR I have. I will order a couple more scopes for backup rifles. The more time behind them I get I’ll update. I have a few gen 2 razors, Mark5s, Bushnell ERS, LRHS, LRTS, DMR2, SWFA SS, and a couple others I forget about.

Wow, I was about to post up looking for a sub-$400 scope and came across the discount code. Didn't take more than a half second to decide, even though I'll have to buy a new mount. Thanks guys!

Wow, I was about to post up looking for a sub-$400 scope and came across the discount code. Didn't take more than a half second to decide, even though I'll have to buy a new mount. Thanks guys!
They're Rigid Precision Mount and HALO rings are really nice for the money ($59.99). If it's for an AR, their 34mm Rigid Precision AR mount is the way to go, unless you want a QD mount or something, then I'd look at ADM Mfg.

I'm RE-building my 6.5 Grendel to a shorter 20" barrel (it currently wears a 24" match stainless 5R barrel), to hunt suppressed, and am debating on putting an Arken on it, as well. It will be my 3rd Arken. It's currently got a Japanese SWFA SS 3-15x42 DMR scope with the rare SFP Mil-Quad DM reticle in it. It's an amazing scope, but a 6-24x50 Arken on it would be boss.

Reactions: LonewolfMcQuade
I really wanted to buy the mount, but for most of my shooting a 0 moa mount will be more suitable. I'm taking a look around at what's available in a cantilever mount since it's going on an AR

I really wanted to buy the mount, but for most of my shooting a 0 moa mount will be more suitable. I'm taking a look around at what's available in a cantilever mount since it's going on an AR
There's enough adjustment in these scopes that you should be alright with the 20MOA mount.

Is it going on a .22LR where you'd need to dial down to like 25 yards, or something?

There's enough adjustment in these scopes that you should be alright with the 20MOA mount.

Is it going on a .22LR where you'd need to dial down to like 25 yards, or something?
No, an AR. Right now the longest range I have available is 150 yards. By the summer I will have moved and joined a range that goes out to 1000, but the most I expect to shoot this gun would be 500-600 yards.
Yeah, 20 MOA would be "OK"...I just prefer the 0 moa for my uses

No, an AR. Right now the longest range I have available is 150 yards. By the summer I will have moved and joined a range that goes out to 1000, but the most I expect to shoot this gun would be 500-600 yards.
Yeah, 20 MOA would be "OK"...I just prefer the 0 moa for my uses
I'd go ahead and get the 20MOA base... Especially if you plan on moving very soon where you can really stretch it out to 1K.

Buy once, cry once.

I ordered yesterday, got notification of shipment today (although it's just "label created"...)

I ordered my 3rd one yesterday afternoon, and just got a shipped notification a few minutes ago.

To the guy who says his has been pending shipping since the 3rd, I'd definitely contact Arken at that email address I posted, and find out what's going on. It's probably something to do with your CC company. I always use PayPal, so I never have any issues.

I ordered my 3rd one yesterday afternoon, and just got a shipped notification a few minutes ago.

To the guy who says his has been pending shipping since the 3rd, I'd definitely contact Arken at that email address I posted, and find out what's going on. It's probably something to do with your CC company. I always use PayPal, so I never have any issues.

Agree.
I ordered mine mid day on Monday this week.
It was 14 miles from my house this morning.

Showing delivery for tomorrow.

Reactions: FuhQ
Agree.
I ordered mine mid day on Monday this week.
It was 14 miles from my house this morning.

Showing delivery for tomorrow.
Damn, that's quick! I wish mine would get here that fast. But I've got a weekend, and then all the packages next week before Christmas to help delay mine. It's alright, everything I got has a scope on it right now, so not the end of the world.

The more time goes on, I think I might end up putting one of my HS-T 6-24x50's on my 6.5 Grendel rebuild, and put the Arkens on my bolt-actions.

😯 Damn, even with all the Christmas packages moving around the week before, USPS says my new Arken that shipped out early today (Thursday) will be here on Monday. Damn that's fast coming from Texas to Alabama. Definitely not complaining though. 👍🏼

And it says my new match 6.5 Grendel barrel and bolt will be here on Saturday. So, looks like I'll get to do some rebuilding this weekend... Can't wait! Been wanting to swap to a 20" for years. Then I can sell the old (nearly new) barrel & bolt and recoup some of my money. If anyone is interested, I guess as soon as I pull it apart, I'll be listing the old stuff on here in the classifieds. 👍🏼

Last edited:
😯 Damn, even with all the Christmas packages moving around the week before, USPS says my new Arken that shipped out early today (Thursday) will be here on Monday. Damn that's fast coming from Texas to Alabama. Definitely not complaining though. 👍🏼

And it says my new match 6.5 Grendel barrel and bolt will be here on Saturday. So, looks like I'll get to do some rebuilding this weekend... Can't wait! Been wanting to swap to a 20" for years. Then I can sell the old (nearly new) barrel & bolt and recoup some of my money. If anyone is interested, I guess as soon as I pull it apart, I'll be listing the old stuff on here in the classifieds. 👍🏼
That thing left Houston at 5:01 AM this morning, and was at the main distribution center in Montgomery AL at 7:06 PM tonight. Damn! Maybe if I'm lucky it might reach my local hub overnight and get put on the truck for tomorrow (Sat)??? Wishful thinking, but we'll see!

Last edited:
@FuhQ Great advice. I sent them an email and they said there was some sort of issue with the order in the computer they couldn’t clear. Reprocessed the order and it is already on its way.
Awesome! Glad it was able to help get things moving. You'll enjoy your scope. My 3rd one should be here either today (Sat) or Monday. 👍🏼

Why’s everyone snag the SH, but don’t hear bout a lot buying the EP?

Because the EP line hasn't been in stock for a very long time. And they're now discontinued. They are replacing the EP4 with a new line that will be coming out sometime in 2022. Don't know any other details, that's all the info they shared with me.

Reactions: akmike47
Because the EP line hasn't been in stock for a very long time. And they're now discontinued. They are replacing the EP4 with a new line that will be coming out sometime in 2022. That's all the info they shared with me.
Hopefully they lose the ranging BS in the top of the glass.

Will it be inline price wise with the ep4, or did they say?

Whenever we get the EP4 replacement in our hands we can compare it to the Vortex Strike Eagle.

Last edited:
The EP4 is discontinued, and from my understanding, there won't be an EP4 Gen2, but an EP5. It will sport a 56mm objective, 5-25 power range, and will be carrying Japanese ED glass. It will more than likely also post a higher price tag than the original EP4, but I can't confirm that part.

DK

Reactions: DGD6MM
The EP4 is discontinued, and from my understanding, there won't be an EP4 Gen2, but an EP5. It will sport a 56mm objective, 5-25 power range, and will be carrying Japanese ED glass. It will more than likely also post a higher price tag than the original EP4, but I can't confirm that part.

DK
cool to know. what we need to do is pester them for a 1-8x or 2-10x. I'm pretty happy with the 6-24 so need to look to them for a 5-25. The 2-10 mkt is in need of a viable option with what Arken provides imho

also, would love a nice 308 caliber specific reticle.

I had one, sold it to my buddy.
I regret it. .
Michael one of the owners offered to hook me up with 6-24 ep4 with the updated reticle because I was unhappy with the gen 1 reticle. They were out of stock at the time so he was going to send me a SH4 Gen 1 for free to use until they come back in stock. He didn’t know me from Adam. This was fairly early in the production of the gen2 ep4 reticle.
This stuff is just coming back to me I forgot about it, him and I also exchanged text about companies and reticles several times. These dudes are straight up and I’m not giving them the credit they deserve.
They are guys like us, putting out scopes the working man can afford. It’s nice they are headquartered in the heart of the country ready to fix whatever.
Great company!

Last edited:
cool to know. what we need to do is pester them for a 1-8x or 2-10x. I'm pretty happy with the 6-24 so need to look to them for a 5-25. The 2-10 mkt is in need of a viable option with what Arken provides imho

I want to see them take an EP4 or SH4, chop the objective bell off of it, and give it 1-10x magnification, and make a 1-10x30 LPVO with the 34mm tube, SH4 turrets w/ Zero-Stop, FFP, the Jap ED glass, and the VPR MIL reticle. That would be my dream setup for an LPVO on an AR, or even a bolt-action Ruger American Ranch in .300 BLK or 6.5 Grendel for deer hunting/target shooting.

If they build it...I will buy. I'd even pay $449 for that scope. Already got their 34mm AR mount just sitting here ready. LOL

Sounds like you need Primary Arms for that choice.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
I want to play with one, I messed with a sh and ep 6-24 in a shop, but looking at the wall or through a window doesn’t mean shit

They also wanted more than they cost new, used...

I want to play with one, I messed with a sh and ep 6-24 in a shop, but looking at the wall or through a window doesn’t mean shit

They also wanted more than they cost new, used...
Right now with the $100 off coupon, for $350 shipped, it's really damn hard to beat. Try one out, and if you don't like it, turn around and sell it. They're pretty hot items, so you shouldn't have any trouble selling it.

Right now with the $100 off coupon, for $350 shipped, it's really damn hard to beat. Try one out, and if you don't like it, turn around and sell it. They're pretty hot items, so you shouldn't have any trouble selling it.
Where is $100 off coupon ?

Can’t spend money right now lol. Which is normal when. Good deal is around, just trying to figure out what I want.

I really want a Razor, but definitely can’t afford that.

Reactions: FuhQ and Gohring65
Can’t spend money right now lol. Which is normal when. Good deal is around, just trying to figure out what I want.

I really want a Razor, but definitely can’t afford that.
I understand that. That's normally me, but I couldn't pass up using the CC to get my 2nd one when they first send out the email for $100 off. This last one, I sold one of my old scopes on another forum, and used that to fund part of my 3rd Arken. Had it not been for that, I wouldn't have been able to take advantage of the deals. Still got at least 2 more scopes to sell...Maybe a 3rd and 4th...

Reactions: akmike47
Sounds like you need Primary Arms for that choice.
possibly
I just picked up one for a x39 but haven't played with it yet. I usually only buy Burris but this Arken really punches above the belt. I've been out 3 days this week shooting and doping her out to 400 with m80 ball (largest range for me) with the Arken and a RTS. I've not seen the 308 reticle PA scope yet but will look.

Reactions: FuhQ
Well…Well…Well… Look what decided to show up 2 days early! Apparently, there was a USPS delay in Witchita, KS so my new Faxon 6.5 Grendel barrel has swapped delivery dates with my Arken, and won’t be here until Monday. 😂

Not a big deal, but still kinda sucks, because I needed the barrel worse than the scope, since last night I tore-down my old 6.5G upper, and cleaned & prepped it for rebuilding today, so I could break it in and shoot it this weekend. 🤦🏼

54B109BF-1263-4443-B584-76239CC38539.jpeg

Was finally able to get the RPR 308 & new Arken out to the range today very very briefly to rough sight in. It was the shittiest, darkest, rainy, foggy grey fukn day, perfect to check out the brightness & clarity of the Arken IMO. Many optics look like a million bucks in bright sunny weather, it's the dark gloomy day that shows an optic's true worth. Only had about 20 minutes due to rapidly fading light. The SH4 6-24 is DEFINITELY brighter than the Nikon MTac that was on the rifle. Clarity was similar between the 2 in these lighting conditions, but i could not see the reticle near as well in the Nikon as I could the Arken. ESPECIALLY once I kicked on the illuminated reticle of the Arken, a feature the Nikon lacks. I'm impressed so far. Still need to fine tune at longer distance & play some more with the scope.

opened up another today. Definitely a return from someone else, All packed up new looking, but the tube body was dusty and i could see faint ring marks. I haven't followed this thread closely enough it seems. Didn't realize these scopes wouldn't work with certain mounts, MAINLY SPUHR or RRS which is all i have. The first one i bought i had a Warren mount i had bought from another member on here that had his Arken in and didn't give it a thought. What the hell is that mickey mouse fucking knob sticking out the bottom anyway? FuhQ?

opened up another today. Definitely a return from someone else, All packed up new looking, but the tube body was dusty and i could see faint ring marks. I haven't followed this thread closely enough it seems. Didn't realize these scopes wouldn't work with certain mounts, MAINLY SPUHR or RRS which is all i have. The first one i bought i had a Warren mount i had bought from another member on here that had his Arken in and didn't give it a thought. What the hell is that mickey mouse fucking knob sticking out the bottom anyway? FuhQ?
Why are you asking me? I don't work there. I don't work for them. I don't shoot for them. Nor am I sponsored by them. I've bought all 3 of mine, just like everyone else.

Nobody else has had any of these issues that I'm aware of, so I'm not sure what you mean that you "haven't been following this thread close enough it seems"?

All of mine have been brand new, no ring marks, no dust, no issues. Try contacting them via email and tell them they sent you a used and returned scope that has obvious wear on it. They seem like good folks, they'll probably swap it out for a new one.

As for the big knob on the bottom, that's the port plug for where the nitrogen gets filled. All scope have that, some don't have a huge knob like these do, but that's what that is for. I've owned several scopes that had the large plugs like that.