• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arm the stucents with rocks???

david-defeats-goliath.jpg

And they thought coming with a knife to a gun fight was bad...
Let that stupid prick be first in line with a rock.

R

Coming from the same crowd that didn't want teachers to be armed because, to paraphrase, a concealed handgun would be no match for an AR-15.

So, rocks are better?

They are considering golf balls at my wifes school.

The comment about "wait until the first person gets stoned" i think is narrow minded. First you teach the children the responsibility, the what, why, how. Some will not understand or respect. They then loose the privilege, go so far as to say "the right" to protect themselfs.

Obviously a armed adult is preferred. But I believe every living thing has the right to fight for life. I dont see gazelles just lying down when a lion starts running at them. Some times the fight is lost, but it is worth fighting for.

Obviously 5-10 year olds probably should not have a machette or firearm in that setting. But it is something. So far any non-terroist shooting that I am aware has a shooter wanted any resistance. When your backed into a corner what have you got to loose.

Last edited:
A good hand sized stone thrown by someone who can do it with force and accuracy can be seriously debilitating & or deadly, but how many of those kids are going to be able to hurl a rock like a baseball pitcher?

The comment about "wait until the first person gets stoned" i think is norrow minded.

What does World of Warcraft have to do with this?

Okay, give 'em rocks, but not assault style rocks. Also, a five gallon bucket is high capacity. Should be limited to 10.

That sounds as stupid as the superintendent's idea.

Reactions: Maggot
Stop the policy of shelter in place i.e. Corralled lambs at slaughter.

The school should look like an emptying clown car when things go wrong.

Shelter where conditions dictate everywhere else run or fight.

Stop the policy of shelter in place i.e. Corralled lambs at slaughter.

The school should look like an emptying clown car when things go wrong.

Shelter where conditions dictate everywhere else run or fight.

You are correct. Run, hide , fight. The local LEO is all about that, the school district is not. I think they might be coming around though. School districts are thinking of one thing. How to protect the school district. They are in fear that either a LEO will shoot a child OR as was attempted in Florida children will be shoot running from the school through a window. It is hard for anyone in 2018 to think there is not a magic fix all pill.

Five gallons of rocks in every classroom. All I can see is the giant rock fight that would have broken out in class the instant a teacher stepped out of the room when I was in school.

This reminds me of that video from the west bank where the palestinian kids threw rocks at an Israeli soldier. A few landed near him so he turned around and fired a few rounds at them. They scattered quickly.

If we can take a positive from this its that at least someone is thinking "fight".

It took millenia for man ("peoples" in Trudeaus Canada) to migrate from stones to todays modern firearms.

There is no reason other than fear or stupidity to resort to fighting by prehistoric means in this day and age but there is at least hope the scared and stupid are on the evolutionary path to succesfully protecting kids.

Sadly the learning curve requires big body counts before attaining the next stage of evolution.

I expect after the next shooting we will have sticks stacked next to the stone bucket, than after that spears, followed by bow and arrrows, and on down the line.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
You are, of course, right on PMc! Just too good an opportunity not to bring up some sarcasm. Fight... don't wait to be killed.

From somewhere else on SH...

1521894115336.png

The reality is that all this stupidity from the gun control crowd is, again, failing the main point here. Mental health.

How about a nationwide in-school campaign "Only Retards Shoot at their Classmates" Instead, they make shooting up schools into cool, dark and edgy heroics. That retards want to emulate.

If every third word out of the mouth of the media, classmates, politicians, teachers... was "Retarded kids shoot up schools" or "Joe Smith, the retarded student who just shot up his school..." then it would be something noone would want to be remembered for. These morons want to go out in blaze of glory and be remembered... they don't want to go out in a blaze of "He was a retard anyway." If you don't like the word retard... call them mentally-deficient, drooling-idiots, Brain-damaged... whatever. Because that's what all these people are. Retards.

Instead... the Bloomberg folks got smart this time. They were lying in wait. I don't think anyone 'planned' the FL shooting beyond the retarded shooter. But I think that several organizations, and their very high-powered PR Firms, planned the response. And just needed a spark. This worked perfectly. Except that the event could have been prevented by L.E... but that's simple to deal with. Just ignore it if you are Bloomberg, Soros, Obama, etc. It doesn't happen if the press doesn't report it, right? But Bloomberg hit the jackpot on this one... uber liberal school district. Rich parents who could hire PR firms and would accept advice from liberal lawyers and activists. Students easily organized into Obama Young Pioneers cells... A sheriff who wants fame and will let anyone die so he gets it.

The barrel wasn't even cool before the machine was moving. It was scripted months ago. Just waiting.

Disgusted....

Sirhr