• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Armalite AR10 float tube advice

medicjim

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2002
New Jersey, USA
I recently purchase a longer barrel for my Armalite AR10 (from 16" to 18") and the carbine float tube is just not going to cut it. I am looking for suggestions on a basic setup that will meet my length requirements, support basic functionality (bipod, maybe a light) and still not break the bank. I am not a fan of those razor sharp 4 sided rail systems designed so you can hang your entire bat belt on the gun... I prefer simple. Thanks in advance for any guidance you provide.

Jim

What's your flavor? Keymod or Mlok? They have both but their website sucks and for some reason you can't order the Mlok without calling. My buddy ordered one last week, I have two keymods and I like the rail systems very much. It's light, strong and affordable. One word of caution, these rails are meant for the .750 sized barrels and not the .875 if you want to cover the gas block.

Precision Reflex has some of theirs in stock too for Armalite...

Last edited:
UTG offers lots of varieties of handguards and definitely won't break the bank.

If you aren't hanging lasers off them they will do everything you need.

Out of stock but it gives you a start for your search.

I recently replaced the 20" SS bull barrel on my AR10 (T) with an aftermarket 16" and I used a 15" Armalite MLOK forearm. Note, no full length top pic rail. Very light. Not cheap but well worth the price. The 15" forearm would work well with your set-up.

Reactions: TripleBull