• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Army M24 Build Thread

What would be the purpose of the threaded holes? Surely they didn’t thread holes into every long action receiver just for the relatively small numbers of M24 receivers they made.

What would be the purpose of the threaded holes? Surely they didn’t thread holes into every long action receiver just for the relatively small numbers of M24 receivers they made.

open sights and in the m24's case backups. a lot of older 700's made before scopes were the norm were drilled and tapped.

Did they have provisions for a front sight as well?

Yes. Look at any hunting rifle from the 40-70's. My grand father had a similar Peep on a sporterized 03.
stop tif.jpg

wm_2344691.jpg

Blurry zoom but shows the screws.

detail.jpg

Finally finished up the my short action m24 build. Picked up the barreled action from ilikebmxbikes, has all the m24 markings on the barrel but was threaded from factory and is a short action so kind of a cool oddity from the liquidation. Now just trying to figure out whether or not to try to build out my other m24/xm2010 action or to sell for a different project lol

1673813033340.png

1673813388043.png

Finally finished up the my short action m24 build. Picked up the barreled action from ilikebmxbikes, has all the m24 markings on the barrel but was threaded from factory and is a short action so kind of a cool oddity from the liquidation. Now just trying to figure out whether or not to try to build out my other m24/xm2010 action or to sell for a different project lol

View attachment 8048410

View attachment 8048420
That turned out really great!
DW

Reactions: sinister

View attachment 8048410

View attachment 8048420

Dude just build it out. Do it.

M24 stock with the correct thin buttpad on the px for anyone looking

Reactions: Smitty192
What rings were used on the XM2010? I understand that they were Badger Ordnance 4 screw rings, and I assume they were steel. What specific model and height were used?

If this is the wrong place to ask this please let me know and I'll delete: What's the current value of an RR prefix M24? Clean re-pro stock, not a return stock.

Yeah I’m thinking about grabbing one for the hell of it too

It was a special stock that they made just for them and unfortunately they don't have any available. I asked about them making another run and they said they had no plans to make anymore and in order to get them to make run of them it would require an order of 100 pcs.

All Larue would tell me is that it’s a contract item that isnt available to the general public. Unless someone else knows more it’ll remain a mystery.

460E9D03-4C15-47B2-ACDD-60DA1F5B21BF.jpeg
26D5880A-F56D-42E1-BDE2-5DDEEF062908.jpeg8A2D6144-4C29-46D4-8BE7-2CE2A9F820BF.jpeg

Reactions: Shawn M
Looking for some info about an alleged M24 barrel I recently purchased. After looking it over, I was surprised to note that the muzzle end did not appear to have two threaded holes for the front sight mount. Barrel is stamped 7.62 nato and has the remington proof marks in the typical locations. Is there a definitive way to determine if this is in fact an M24 barrel? Is there a way to determine which serial number range receiver would be appropriate for this barrel (i.e. C, E, G, RR , etc)?

Looking for some info about an alleged M24 barrel I recently purchased. After looking it over, I was surprised to note that the muzzle end did not appear to have two threaded holes for the front sight mount. Barrel is stamped 7.62 nato and has the remington proof marks in the typical locations. Is there a definitive way to determine if this is in fact an M24 barrel? Is there a way to determine which serial number range receiver would be appropriate for this barrel (i.e. C, E, G, RR , etc)?
No month and year stamps I presume

The front sight holes would not be made until after the barrel has been fitted to an action I would think. Because the timing would be off.

Proof marks would indicate it was off a completed rifle though.

From what I’ve gathered, the original mil contract barrels were stainless. The recent barrels (for commercial, foreign mil, etc) were carbon steel and did not have drilled front sight holes on the in the white actions that came from Remington.

What finish is on the barrel? Is it remtuff, cerakote or white?

The front sight holes would not be made until after the barrel has been fitted to an action I would think. Because the timing would be off.

Proof marks would indicate it was off a completed rifle though.

From what I’ve gathered, the original mil contract barrels were stainless. The recent barrels (for commercial, foreign mil, etc) were carbon steel and did not have drilled front sight holes on the in the white actions that came from Remington.

What finish is on the barrel? Is it remtuff, cerakote or white?

Thank you for the info. I'll be able to look at the barrel closer on Fri. I'll post some pics and answer your questions.

Last edited:
If your looking for Redfield bases, maybe Outback gun parts. Brownells has bases, but they wouldn't be correct.
P&L bases

I had a M118LR turret for mine and it had a NSN and a Leupold part number though I couldn't tell you what it was. I even had a black M2 turret for M118LR for the FDE M110 scope, again it had a Leupold part number and wasn't a custom turret.
Looks like for the black M3 M118LR turret is:
NSN 1005-01-627-0884
Cage code 35848
Leupold part# 63394

Looking for an OK Weber front sight for my M24 project and a Flash hider.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lu

Looking for an OK Weber front sight for my M24 project and a Flash hider.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lu
I believe the front sight came from RPA, although I am not sure which model. With regards the actual flash hider, I for one have never seen one for sale that actually fits the larger front sight base used by the RPA.

I believe the front sight came from RPA, although I am not sure which model. With regards the actual flash hider, I for one have never seen one for sale that actually fits the larger front sight base used by the RPA.
The Redfield
version of the flash hider would be fine, the difference is the lock ring which is taller.

I been following this thread for awhile, can someone post the specs and some build information on the m24a2? Seems like the information on building this rifle is harder to find information on. One of my questions I have did they rebarrel the m24a2 or did they reprofile the existing one?

Reactions: deltawiskey