• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ASC updates, weather forecast and smack talking

Re: ASC updates, weather forecast and smack talking

well realy i dont have enough money to pay someone to say somthing nice about clark but please someone say he's alright, for a democrat. Ray

John,

Sam and I were chatting earlier about how valuable the experiance was shooting next to Brad and yourself. It was completley my pleasure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
My son Brad for allowing Dad to live life through you.
John and Rod for taking a chance and allowing an 11&3/4 year old at the match 4 years ago. It has changed our life.
</div></div>

This says a lot about the guys that Rod and John are, but says even more about what this sport can do for a Father and Son.

6 more years, and I will be seeing about bringing my boy. He is a crack shot with a .22, unfortunatly his old man will not be able to hook him up with a can until we change residency from Michigan
grin.gif

You can tell Brad has been shooting since he was quite young, with good instruction, at 15 the guy is a beast behind the rifle.

Had a wonderful time this past weekend gentlemen.
It is always a privilege to spend time and shoot with such a great group of shooters.
As soon as I get the pictures that Tom's son took from our squad, I'll post them up.

I think it is safe to say that ASC is both a premier and unique event.
The stature of which is evident by the generous participation of the event sponsors.

To any sponsors that may read this, your participation does not go unnoticed and I would venture to say that you would hard pressed to find less expensive advertising then this.
The products donated typically get used and talked about by fellow shooters.
I myself rely on input from my peers when making purchasing decisions and have bought products that may have gone otherwise overlooked.
Thank you!

Nick, your donations are huge.
If I had to guess, I would bet that you give away close to 50% of the stuff you make.
Your attention to detail and innovation clearly show that you love what you do.
(At least what you do part time...)

Sam, you are always welcome in our hot tub.
I understand that you may want to go in on our group accommodations next time.
Looking forward to it.

Team ACE, you guys are a blast to shoot with.
Since we're all relatively close, we will have to work out a group shoot some time.
(We've got about 1,200yds to work with.)

Jered, congratulations on another well deserved win.
You build exceptional weapons and are very generous with your donations.

Sean Little, you have a suppressor for that 300 WSM, please use it.

Got in @ 1 AM on Mon morning and I'm still trying to recover.
Ian put it best this weekend when he said, "This is like a freaking Sniper Marathon."
This past match was my third and I never cease to be amazed at how truly extraordinary ASC is.
Looking forward to the fall match now.
smirk.gif

Sounds like another great time had by all! Sorry I missed it, need to get back on the mountain its been three years now
frown.gif
Gonna try for fall alum match!!!

Scores were counted as misses, day one and day two, though in the colums, I think some of them are backwards (just for referance to the guys who dont know). This is based off the print out, that was tabulated incorrectly, and there were some changes made, and reprinted out, that copy, I do not have a pic of, so this may not be accurate. But scoring does not count at this match, the fun of it all is what counts. As you can see, Jared put on a clinic on top of the mountian.

Top 15, unoficially:

1 Jared Joplin 17 12 29
2 David Walker 21 26 37
John Lester 27 10 37
4 Jim Rasaco 24 17 41
5 Dan Wolfe 31 14 45
Scott Pringle 31 14 45
7 Mike Pohuski 33 16 49
8 Brad Lester 14 37 51
Joe Walls 12 39 51
Eric Underriner 36 15 51
11 Nick Painter 38 14 52
Benji Bates 17 35 52
12 John Pierce 30 23 53
Tom Pohuski Sr. 35 18 53
14 Geoff Marty 20 34 54
15 Sam Miller 35 20 55

Phil, thanks so much for the kind words. If I would sell more than give away, my wallet would be better for it. However, Brad who picked up the vest had been eyeballing mine all day, and I am truley thrilled he waled away with it.

I really wish I could do this full time, and really put the smack down on prize tables, but I do what I can. With the new equipment here, and the new shop going up, expect great things from here on out. I really feel like I dont put out enough, for such good guys.

anyone have a link for some pics from the match?

Words cannot express my gratitude to John, Rod and all the guys who make ASC the one-of-a-kind match that it is. Thanks!

The shooters, as always--top notch! It was great to see so many friendly faces--and a few new ones!

The Sponsors--WOW! The support our sport receives never ceases to amaze me! Special thanks to POF who hooked me up with a $90 lower to go with my new upper!!

Finally, special thanks to Trigger Monkey for the following clip--which goes to show you that 7WSM's, Thruster brakes and old windows do not mix!!

http://www.vimeo.com/11443388

Your 2010 alumni match winner:

senecarocksspringsnipermatch3012-2.jpg

Congratulations Jared, nice shooting!

A couple of random pics someone forwarded me:

A pile of gear on the move:

senecarocksspringsnipermatch3012-1.jpg

John and Maggie taking 5 after a hard morning's work:
senecarocksspringsnipermatch3012-3.jpg

senecarocksspringsnipermatch3012010.jpg

It was great to see all the old freinds and make some new ones. Can't wait to do it all again this weekend!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Words cannot express my gratitude to John, Rod and all the guys who make ASC the one-of-a-kind match that it is. Thanks!

The shooters, as always--top notch! It was great to see so many friendly faces--and a few new ones!

The Sponsors--WOW! The support our sport receives never ceases to amaze me! Special thanks to POF who hooked me up with a $90 lower to go with my new upper!!

Finally, special thanks to Trigger Monkey for the following clip--which goes to show you that 7WSM's, Thruster brakes and old windows do not mix!!

http://www.vimeo.com/11443388 </div></div>

Nice video 19Scout77 !

Congratulations to our New Shooter's ASC winner....

Greg Bartram
IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

The final score list is posted as I recieved them from the shooters:

1 Greg Bartram 68
2 Steve Bechtel 71
3 Steve Lyncha 76
4 Ben Voss 78
5 Benson Choi 79
6 Tom P 79
7 Brian Davis 80
8 Jamie Dodson 82
9 Kyle Lee 83
10 Graham 84
11 Alex Logsdon 89
12 R. Jones 91
13 Joe Choi 92
14 Jason Thompson 92
15 S.South 93
16 Chris BackHaus 106
17 Bachert 109

Thanks Mike for the info.

Congratulations!!
We had a seriously windy two days on the mountain, and everyone who finished can be happy with thier score!!

We hope to see many of our new and old freinds again soon!!

Matt

view from Rod's house
ROD.jpg

O.jpg
F.jpg
T.jpg
D.jpg
DG.jpg
b.jpg
E.jpg

Heres me
J.jpg

train up day was perfect!! first round hits all the way out...
Day 1---sucked bad...they were saying a steady 25-30MPH winds on the top of the mountain with some rain and gusts out to 62MPH!!! a miss was considered a good miss...and the wind chill was real bad... Rod was saying it was record winds..!!!!
Ballistic FTE all the way!!!
Day2 was cold with actually some Flurries...My squad was on the lower end of the mountain where the walking with the heavy grear sucked bad...no idea how the wind was for the guys whose turn it was to go up.

what happened to the rest??...didnt we start with 28 people???

Seriously great event, glad I finally got to attend. Big Thanks to Rod, John, and crew for all the effort they put into making this match what it is!

Well I for one am glad to be off the mountain. My face burns constantly from the wind burn and my lips feel like week old beef jerky.

The fishing report was good. However I wouldn't recommend fishing the Seneca area for a while because I gave the entire stream some serious sore mouth. Then George pitched in for back up and Moon.............. Well let's just say they don't allow trot lines but if you need help catching suckers then he's your man.

We should have taken a photo of the smoker full of trout filets.

This match is truly in a class by itself!

Thank you Rod, and John, and to their family and friends who took us into their homes, temporary or otherwise, and who ran this match so smoothly for a second week in a row over two long days and under harsh conditions.
cool.gif

The venue is spectacular: Looking in one direction all water below flows in the direction of the Chesapeake Bay; looking in the other direction the water flows toward the Gulf of Mexico.

‘Challenging’ is an understatement: The day of the train-up was sunny and eighty degrees. The winds on the mountain the first day of the match were sustained at 50mph gusting to 65. The morning of the second day temps were in the twenties with light snow. And the station pressure varied widely. Even assuming one did the work correctly to Mil the target, and get the accurate elevation dialed, there was still no guarantee of a hit or of an accurate follow-up shot in 35mph swirling winds. Fantastic! I’ve never had so much fun missing a target.

I learned a lot. And just at the right time: when I was beginning to think that I might know a thing or two about shooting.
laugh.gif

Thanks again to George and Moon, who let me tag along with their team and annoy them both. You guys went out of your way and took time away from your own shooting to give me some excellent wind calls. I appreciate it. I see now that teamwork is essential to doing well at this match and I have only myself to blame for my score. Oh, and sorry, George, for my bad call on ‘The Poacher’: You were low, not high. I messed up and cost you a point.
eek.gif

Greg, it was a pleasure to meet you and shoot next to you. You shot well. You deserve the match win. Congrats! I hope to shoot with you again. And enjoy the rifle!

Note to self: never try to calculate and execute a RIZ for the first time on the last stage of a match.
confused.gif

Thanks Ed, for teaching at the train-up:
IMG_2957.jpg

IMG_2958.jpg

It’s 1,110 yards to the target by the silo. And it’s day 2, so hold five Mils of wind (the silo is visible just above the elevation knob)
IMG_2981.jpg

Team FN shot very well, with .308's, and gave another example of how good teamwork in this sport results in improved scores:
IMG_2976.jpg

The Alumni who shot and helped out this week were there for fun, and to help pass along their experience with you guys. In no particular order, Jason Baney, George, Moon, Mike, Jared, Dave, Ed, and anyone else I am forgetting off the top of my head were incredible tutors to have around and great guys to hang around if you enjoy shooting and related topics.(I personally enjoyed discussing everything from grilling to fishing to favorite beverage with most, in addition to guns/shooting.) Though this weekends weather goes down as one of the top three bad ones, and possibly the most trying, I would not have missed being up there for anything. I saw some of the best shooting teamwork done at ASC this weekend of any in the past and have to say you guys all did incredible for a group of new shooters considering 30-50 mph sustained wind at times. Post your pics if you gotem' guys.
Later,
Matt

Thank you John and Rod. It was a great shooting event and the best course I have ever seen for testing a shooters overall skill. Humbling to say the least. Conrats to the top shooters, you earned it.

Also, hats off to John's son (Brock I believe) for an absolutely great meal. I look forward to returning and trying this course again. I will be bringing a bigger lead slinger than my little .223 next time for sure : )

See you all at the next one.

JamieD
Wolf Precision
All Hogs Go to Heaven

Way to go Greg!! didn't I tell you about mid-day Sunday that you were probably going to pull this off?? "Nah...not me..."
laugh.gif

Yep Jered, lips, face and hands still sore here too...never knew warm water could burn so much!

As was mentioned, it was the coldest/windiest ASC yet (not counting the winter match, cause well, that was just dumb
smile.gif
). 65mph gusts and some 50mph sustained the first day, then 55mph gusts and 40mph sustained the 2nd day (4deg wind chill!)

Can you say 27MOA of wind at 1250yds! and that was with a 6.5x47!

Just for a Barometer of the conditions for those that might be wondering, George, Moon and I shot in the 50's...not sure about the other couple Alums, but that was were we landed...not pretty.

I won't post my dad's score since a couple mag malfunctions cost him quite a bit
smile.gif

What a blast...cold and sometimes painful blast, but fun nonetheless.

Moon shot a killer group at 170yds in these conditions...well under 1"...and I watched George pull of a magically centered shot on a small plate after 2 "no calls" on the big plate beside it...not sure he remembers where he held, but it worked
smile.gif

Not only was the wind bad, but total reversals between initial shot and follow-up could have cost you 1mil in either direction!

It was a blast guys. Can't wait to do it again.

Jason Baney

p.s. - As always, thanks to Rod and John and Brock and Matt and Trey and Emmit and Don and Jeremy and their sig. others (and Jered/Ed as well) that help pull this match off. It is much appreciated. (I think that was everyone)

O yea, Brock, the tenderloin...and the trout Friday night was awesome!!!

Jason, your dad's skill with a rifle was truly impressive. He shot extremely well the entire weekend. It was just equipment failure on the group exercises that cost him so many points. Otherwise he was hitting with regularity under extreme conditions. And he never complained despite some obvious physical discomfort. I'm jealous as hell that you and your dad still hang out together and shoot the matches as a team.

First and foremost thank you Rod and John for creating and holding such a unique and challenging course of fire. I enjoyed every minute of the entire weekend and can’t wait until my next opportunity to test my skills along side all the extremely talented competitors you bring together.

Brock needs to be recognized not only for all his hard work on the mountain but also for the incredible tenderloins that he prepared for us. I think I ate at least six to eight inches myself. As for the rest of the ASC crew thank you as well. The time and effort that it takes to prepare and dismantle the course of fire, not to mention the additional two weekends you take out of your lives away from your families is appreciated by all.

Thanks also need to go out to all the contributors of this year’s prize table. For what I understand every year the sponsors outdo themselves, and I was blow away by the generosity of this years sponsors. I plan to spread the word about all the great products that these sponsors offer in return for their generosity to the ASC family.

My time on the mountain will never be forgotten and as I said I am already looking forward to my next visit. As a glorified ground hog hunter and someone who just loves to squeeze the trigger on steel I am already planning new ways to challenge myself at home to better prepare myself for future matches.

Jason it was a pleasure to finally shoot with you and your father. Let him know I will look him up over the summer to do some shooting. Raoul, it was a pleasure shooting with you throughout the weekend, and thanks for putting up with my muzzle blast. I hope your drive home was uneventful and the rumble strips kept you between the lines. George you and Moon shoot lights out. Even though I could not make it up for the train-up, having the opportunity to shoot along side the two of you allowed me to come away from this weekend a better shooter. By the way, why do they even put a windage knob on a scope anyways? Moon great shot at 1200 yards with that crazy wind. I think you were the only one to make a hit on that steel and a hell of a group the second day as well. Way to go. Ed our time Friday evening at dinner was very informative. I will be using the information you provided me as I continue training. Hopefully next year I can attend the train-up and get the full benefit of your knowledge rather than just a brief overview while having some Pizza.

I look forward to seeing all of you again next year

Congratulations Greg. Good shooting. Since you're just over the hill from my house, we should go shoot some time.

Rod, John, Brock, and all the others that work very hard to put on such a great match, hats off to you. Thank you very much for the opportunity to go shoot in some of the toughest conditions around. I learned a lot, got humbled, and I'm really glad I brought my gortex. That countryside is just something to see. I would have had a great time even if I never fired a shot. View up there is spectacular. I hope to be back soon!

JamieD....great shooting. I watched some amazing shots with a .223! Next time bring a bigger gun!

Thanks to Premier
wink.gif
and all the other sponsors for the great prize table and dedication to shooters.

I didn't get a chance to, but I'd like to thank Moon for building me one hell of a 308. Thank you.

Steve L.

First, on behalf of FNH USA, I would like to thank Rod, John, Brock and the whole crew up on the mountain for putting on such a challenging and enjoyable match. Thanks to the Harper family for allowing their farm to be used for this very unique event. There is nothing like this anywhere that I have found. This is a world-class shooting event. Anyone calling themself a "sniper" needs to shoot this match to evaluate what that really means. This is a tough match even in good conditions.

Second, congratulations to Jared in the alumni match and Greg in the new-shooter match. It was a pleasure to meet and shoot with both of you. Congrats to Dave and Greg for winning the SPRs. Thanks, Dave for coming back out on the second weekend and shooting your new SPR with just a 100 yard zero and muzzle velocity. Good job.

Jason Thompson (the other FN Shooter) and I would like to thank everyone for attending the match. It was great to meet and shoot with all of you. Your sportsmanship and skill is second to none. Although we would have liked to have done better, we are incredibly pleased with the opportunity to shoot at such an incredible venue. Anytime you can shoot angles, high winds and long, long range all in one shot and in most shots, its an education, even when you miss. I've been shooting long range since 1993, but I am always amazed that I will pick up something new and very valuable at almost every match I shoot. ASC is no exception, and is actually a shining example of this. If you think you know it all and haven't shot this match, you still have something to learn. Leave your ego at home.

FNH has graciously allowed me and Jason to begin to compete in matches such as these. My mission is to get into the field and meet our potential customers, get our rifles in front of potential customers, find out what the market wants, and continue delivering rifles that better meet these needs. FNH supports the shooting sports, not only to better our bottom-line (we are in business to sell firearms), but also to further the shooting sports and the Nation's shooting skills. We are shooters, too.

I hope to see and meet all of you on the line at future matches. FNH will continue to support ASC and similar matches directly and indirectly in the future. Look for a long-range tactical match from FNH late this year or early next year. Dates and locations will be anounced. The goal is to run an east match and a west match. I am always interested in what you think and welcome your feed back and comments. If you see me at a match, please introduce yourself and tell me what you think.

Semper Fidelis,

Wow, what a great time. Rod, John, Brock, Ed and everyone else that my feeble mind is forgetting by name, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! I work in New York City (in the corporate grind), and it's so easy to forget that there is a whole (better) part of the world and life. My sincere gratitude for the reminder and making me feel human again. This was the toughest set of conditions I've ever shot in, but the company more than made up for any adversity. ASC will magnified any weaknesses I have as a shooter, and will help guide me focusing my training efforts. Saw great old friends and made great new friends. Also a special thanks to Ben (my brother from another mother) for doing some field oral surgery!

- Joe

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: akula702002</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....a special thanks to Ben (my brother from another mother) for doing some field oral surgery!</div></div> ASC: Where you can never be sure what other useful skills the guy shooting next to you might have.
laugh.gif

Glad to hear that you were able to make it up there Ben.
I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we appreciate FNH-USA's support.

By the way, my A5-M is still shooting great and I appreciate you hooking me up in 2007 when it was having issues.

Welcome to the ASC club and welcome to the Hide!

it was great to shoot with everyone and meet the new shooters....Aarrrg15...if you want to trade for a USO certif. for the Premier let me know
wink.gif
. I think it was all the walking for me with my extra heavy pak was what killed me.... no more first aid surgical packs next time! Just forces me to do free dental work and my liscense doesnt work in WVa! Raoul, Tom, Rich, Steve, Sean, Joe, Brian...and everyone else ....was a real pleasure to shoot with you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: woodlanddude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Alumni who shot and helped out this week were there for fun, and to help pass along their experience with you guys. In no particular order, Jason Baney, George, Moon, Mike, Jared, Dave, Ed, and anyone else I am forgetting off the top of my head were incredible tutors to have around and great guys to hang around if you enjoy shooting and related topics.(I personally enjoyed discussing everything from grilling to fishing to favorite beverage with most, in addition to guns/shooting.) Though this weekends weather goes down as one of the top three bad ones, and possibly the most trying, I would not have missed being up there for anything. I saw some of the best shooting teamwork done at ASC this weekend of any in the past and have to say you guys all did incredible for a group of new shooters considering 30-50 mph sustained wind at times. Post your pics if you gotem' guys.
Later,
Matt </div></div>

Matt,
It was great to see all you guys again this year! The match was awesome despite the weather. That wind kept everyone on their toes this year, us alumni just as much as the new shooters. All you guys put on a class act match that everyone should be proud to be a part of!! Brock's tenderloin was fantastic, if you leave that meal hungry you only have yourself to blame.
laugh.gif

Big Thanks to everyone who made donations to the prize table, it was very impressive. <span style="font-weight: bold">Guys don't forget to write a letter to the folks who donated!</span>

Great times with some great people!

Big Thanks to everyone involved from Alex, Jay and myself for giving us the opportunity to shoot at such a beautiful location and participate in such a well organized and operated match.

Mike

Here are a few of the sponsors that i do remember:

American Precision Arms
[email protected]
55 Lyle Field Rd.
Jefferson, GA 30549
706-534-1577

GA Precision
1141 Swift Street
North Kansas City, MO, 64116
Phone Number: (816) 221-1844
Fax Number: (816) 421-4958

FN USA

Nick Painter
www.grtgear.com
[email protected]

Mildot Enterprises
Po Box 6585
Oak Ridge TN 37831

RCBS Operations
605 Oro Dam Blvd
Oroville, CA 95965
1-800-533-5000

Redding Reloading Equipment
1089 Starr Road
Cortland, NY 13045

Broughton Barrels
North Manufacturing Co., Inc.
P.O. Box 1010
Campbellsport, WI 53010

U.S. Optics Inc.
150 Arovista Circle
Brea, CA 92821

Cor-Bon Ammo
1311 Industry Rd
Sturgis, SD 57785

Pierce Actions
[email protected]

RedTac Gear
[email protected]

Berger Bullets
4275 N. Palm St.
Fullerton, CA 92835
(714) 447-5456 - Phone

I know there is alot more than that, please add to this list

Had a great time at the match as usual the mountian was unforgiving putting on a true test for our Wind Calls. It was great to meet the new shooters and help out where we could. Rod, John Brock and the Gang ran a smoothe chalanging match and everyone went home with a smile.

Thanks to Jared for taking Moon and I fishing in the Sucker Holes, Seems all the Trout were cought the week before. Leaving us nothing but suckers and Knot heads to catch, It was fun anyways.

Congrats Greg, I told you, you could do it. Awsome shooting.

Here are the only Pictures I took, I normally take more pictures but seems to negate my memory as we were walking around in 55-65 MPH Gusts.

387023652.jpg

387023650.jpg

387023648.jpg

387023643.jpg

387023631.jpg

Thanks to Rod, John, Brock, and countless others who worked hard to make the match live up to is legendary status. The physical effort alone in setting up this match can only be appreciated by being there.

Thanks to all the sponsors for providing an unbelievable amount of toys on the prize table.

The few times I remembered to get out the camera...

George becoming one with steel
ascggsteel.jpg

Ed Shell freezing, spotting, and freezing some more
ascesspotting.jpg

Steve L, Jamie D, and Richard J
asc1.jpg

Rod keeping the line squared away, and beef free from extra holes
asc2o.jpg

John keeping the pressure on during a support side drill
asc4.jpg

Richard J on the simulated rooftop
asc6.jpg

I'll say it again. Thanks Ron, John, Ed, Brock, and all the others who put the time and energy into the ASC. To Mike, Jay, Jared, Dave, George and Moon and everyone else, I picked up shooting tips that will make myself a better shooter.

I enjoyed meeting everyone and hope to cross paths again

Alex

A few more from the train-up on Friday:
IMG_2954.jpg

IMG_2956.jpg

I had a great time on the mountian and around the dinner table as usual. I look forward to it every year to catch up with old friends, meet new ones, eat too much beef, and get to do some shooting in the process.

I would like to thank FNH USA for the rifle donation that I won. I know how hard it is to give stuff away and I greatly appreciate it.

Rod, thank you for lending me a scope and ammo to shoot the second weekend. Brock, thanks for loaning the sling and taking me out at 1030 PM to get a zero by spotlight and for the wonderful food. Jeremy, thanks for the bacon. Jered, George, and Moon, thanks for the trout. John, thanks for the use of your shop, your beer, and the good company. Emmit, Matt, Trey, Don, and Maggie, it was great to see you all again and thanks for putting in all the time to make ASC the match that it is.

Thanks to all the sponsors who donate to the match and to all the shooters who attend. Can't wait for the fall match.

WOW, what a match. It was every bit as challenging as advertised and a whole lot more. There is not enough gratitude that can be expressed to Rod, John, Brock, and all the other hard working guys that make this amazing shoot happen. All of you are top notch gentlemen.

A ton of THANK YOU'S go out to all the outstanding sponsors who donated their time, hard work, and products to ASC this time and all the others. Without you, this sport would never grow to the caliber it is now.

Like many, I am glad to be off the mountain. But as I reflect back, I can't help but think to myself what an amazing experience it was. I was damn miserable the first morning getting hammered by 30-60 mph winds but as the weekend progressed, things shaped up, and the experience became invaluble. It was very humbling and as others have said, a close miss was a good shot.

The BBQ was every bit as wonderful at it was made out to be. Brock cooks a simply amazing tenderloin. I ate until I could barely move. In addition to the excelhent food was the great time spent hangiing out with both new and old friends. The camaraderie between competitors is second to none, it made for a near perfect weekend.

Hats off to all the outstanding shooters as well. We all stood fast and braved the elements so that we could have the personal pride of surviving ASC.

CM

It's Wednesday and I'm still psychologically scarred from the "Dance the Lindy" stage; sure... every rifleman worth their salt should be able to hit a 2MOA target at 400yrds with a 9o'clock, 15+mph wind ... sitting or kneeling

Learning from the weekend.
1. The hours I spent looking at the kit going into my back pack for the weekend resulted in a low-weight carry that was very manageable.. I heard lots of grumbling from people with 50lbs on their back in high-speed rigs.
2. Don't bring new/untested gear to a major event.. couldn't believe it when I heard of new-this and new-that through the weekend.
3. Fundamentals.. I was fortunate to spend some time a few weeks before ASC shooting with Jamie D and CenterMass all we really did was work on Fundamentals (NPI, Grip, cheek-weld, bi-pod and still body).. really paid off for me.
4. Having Ed and the Alumni around for Q&A..
5. Field shooting is Nothing like going to the range.. many of the shots required Yoga like positions... hmmmmm.
6. Learned a lot about the wind & shooting.. like: 7.5MILs of windage on a 1000yrd shot!!
7. Teamwork/communication and going with your own gut/data
8. Rear bags should be Hunter Orange (almost lost mine three times)

Training.
1. Positional shooting to "Dance the Lindy" successfully next time
2. Hold-offs are my No1 weakness! something I've NEVER tried/tested... who knew?
3. Need to be able to send my first round to an UKD target within 2mins!

THANK-YOU to all involved in organizing this event including the sponsors. I was fortunate to take some nice "prizes" from the table Saturday night.

ASC has to be one of the best Challenge courses of fire in the civilian world....

RJ (English)

I thought I would add this photo of Brock. I don't think anyone saw this from my vantage point but this coon almost ran straight into Brock until he convinced it that it probably was a bad idea. I could only get the camera out fast enought to catch the tail end of the show.

IMG_5903.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJoplin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">English don't forget my photo. I've been scanning my emails for it.

Thanks </div></div>

I think he's copyrighting it and selling it to all the gun rags.

IMG_8610.jpg
IMG_8628.jpg
IMG_8686.jpg
IMG_8697.jpg

A few picture from the weekend. Finally getting around to posting them.

I had a great time. Thanks everyone

Alex

Great pics Alex....it was great to meet ya..
-Benson

I did want to take a second and point out that ASC has more to offer than just air time for bullets if anyone feels like an extended stay in the mountains next time they are up. You might want to make sure I haven't visited the stream first though.

IMG_5888.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJoplin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I did want to take a second and point out that ASC has more to offer than just air time for bullets if anyone feels like an extended stay in the mountains next time they are up.</div></div>I brought my climbing gear but didn't have time. No worries, I would have embarassed myself trying to hang with the likes of John and Rod anyway. But next year, or maybe this fall, one of the race bikes will be making the trip in the back of the van and I might just stay the week to break-in a new set of tires by pushing the front, like this:
Picture006.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[I brought my climbing gear but didn't have time. No worries, I would have embarassed myself trying to hang with the likes of John and Rod anyway. But next year, or maybe this fall, one of the race bikes will be making the trip in the back of the van and I might just stay the week to break-in a new set of tires by pushing the front, like this:
Picture006.jpg
</div></div>

That's all Kyle could talk about: how much he needed to have his race bike for the roads there.

Oneshot the 1/4 stick isn't exactly a DNR supported fishing lure but I do like your style.

If you bring your bike up there I wouldn't run it like that over that mountain unless you want to visit the side of the mountain or sheep. There is a lot of debris on the road.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJoplin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If you bring your bike up there I wouldn't run it like that over that mountain unless you want to visit the side of the mountain or sheep. There is a lot of debris on the road.
</div></div>

Yep. I have personally witnessed deaths and critical injuries occurring in that part of WVA due to bikes getting loose on debris and gravel. With little-to-nonexistent shoulders in the tight turns, rocks and gravel are all over the roads. Seen more than one take a header into the mountainside. Additionally, no cell service to call for help and the nearest hospital worth a damn is hours away...via heli.

Hey Jered- The heck with the fish--Show them last Fall's New Shooter Match whitetail!!

I'll ride my Duc 1198 out there next time! if i can mount the gun

6696_1182254280872_1363665551_14783.jpg