• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ASC updates, weather forecast and smack talking

Re: ASC updates, weather forecast and smack talking

Debris and stray animals are always a problem. Like solo climbing vs leading, the danger inherent in the environment helps keep the commitment level high. And, let's be honest, that's part of the fun. But unlike on the track one should never intentionally exceed one's comfort zone on a public road.

Because I never had the nerve for on-sight free soloing I suggest that - like we did in Ireland - we run the road at slow speeds first to commit to memory the debris and road condition problems.

I'm not a fan of organized rides, but I would be glad to lead a ride at lawful speeds if anyone wants to bring bikes next time.

I lost mine a while back. Evedently hunting whitetail at 80 mph with a Duc was not explained in detail in the safety manual.

Picture054.jpg

I think Dave got the confirmed on the white tail. Glock style.

T-

I hear it had a knife and a menacing look--so he double-tapped it!!

Are you guys heading to Reade?

I won't be at Reade in August. I hear that the fall ASC will be a .308 only match, though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I won't be at Reade in August. I hear that the fall ASC will be a .308 only match, though.</div></div>

that should be interesting. I kinda hope they do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dpreston</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I won't be at Reade in August. I hear that the fall ASC will be a .308 only match, though.</div></div>

that should be interesting. I kinda hope they do. </div></div>

Last Fall the Alumni match was .308 only---and a bloody Typhoon to boot!