• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ashbury Precision Ordnance Sniper's Hide Edition Rifle

Has anyone talked to APO lately? I'm having no luck getting in contact with them.

Disregard....got an email this morning!!!!

@slayer 2c would you be willing to share what email address you finally did get contact from? I have been trying to get intouch with them since September via email/phone/FB and no luck. Infact, when I tried to call their number just now (434.296.8600) I am actually getting a "The Number You Are Trying To Reach Is Out Of Service" phone company recording from both my office phone and my cell phone.

@slayer 2c would you be willing to share what email address you finally did get contact from? I have been trying to get intouch with them since September via email/phone/FB and no luck. Infact, when I tried to call their number just now (434.296.8600) I am actually getting a "The Number You Are Trying To Reach Is Out Of Service" phone company recording from both my office phone and my cell phone.
I called yesterday and left a message.
I just tried that number it's still good, although They haven't got back to me yet. Email: [email protected]

Reactions: oSPANNERo
I've been in contact with them a few times today by e-mail. Something was up with the phone this morning, don't want to make any assumptions, but it wasn't going through. Matt's got me all sorted and can't wait to get back behind my SH rifle.

Reactions: Zeroit
I've been in contact with them a few times today by e-mail. Something was up with the phone this morning, don't want to make any assumptions, but it wasn't going through. Matt's got me all sorted and can't wait to get back behind my SH rifle.

Same experience here, @MADMATZ gave me a call back and is in the process of getting my parts situation squared away. (Their phone system appears to be back up again this afternoon.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeroit
Give-Away Rifle Snipers Hide Edition SABER M700 6.5CM ERT Headed to it's new forever home!

Apologies to all for being out of comms lately, I've been covered over organizing a new Ashbury manufacturing project that's been a lot like herding cats running in different directions!

Now for the good news... Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner! We appreciate everyone who entered the Sniper's Hide Edition SABER-M700 ERT Cross-Over Rifle Giveaway! Congratulations to "LW" for winning this personally signed "LowLight" Snipers Hide Edition Cross Over rifle!

This standard Snipers Hide edition SABER M700 ERT met Frank's Sub-MOA accuracy requirement with a 1/2 MOA 5-shot group that formed with only 20 rounds of Peterson 140gr 6.5 Creedmoor ammunition down the bore. This rifle is finished in Cerakote H-265 Flat Dark Earth with a clear coat protective finish applied to Franks signatures. More good groups can be expected from this rifle for sure! We will doing another Sniper's Hide promotion late spring!! So stay tune....

Attachments

• 20200131_140348.jpg
    20200131_140348.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 374
  • 20200131_140648.jpg
    20200131_140648.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 385
  • 20200131_140705.jpg
    20200131_140705.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 377
  • 20200131_140944.jpg
    20200131_140944.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 405
  • 20200131_141452.jpg
    20200131_141452.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 401
What kind and size case did you all get for your APO rifle with 20 inch barrel

What kind and size case did you all get for your APO rifle with 20 inch barrel
Sorry I'm a little late to the party, Just seen your post.
I have a 22" barrel APO 6.5 cm (nice rifle)
I ordered a pelican V800 vault took about two weeks, $192.66 delivered, measures 53" x 16" x 6" heavy weight is about 25 lbs
Has wheels, 6 latches built like a brick shit house, comes with foam.
I figured I can get two rifles with scopes, mags, ammo and a small block Chevrolet motor since Frank likes bowties with room to spare, for kestrel, range finder, dope book, some tools.

Reactions: Davo308
Sniper's Hide has paired up with Ashbury Precision Ordnance to offer a Sub $2k Precision Rifle.

View attachment 7013344

Background:

I wanted a rifle I could recommend to students and followers that was a turnkey system. Over the years we would tell students to get the Ruger RPR, the Tikka T3x, etc, but we found ourselves upgrading them. They are great entry level rifles but when it was all said and done, most guys were ending up with $2400 variants due to the changes we'd recommend. This rifle has been spec'd to meet the need of the precision rifle shooter, from both a training and competition standpoint.

Why the Remington 700, because it's the Chevy 350 of rifle actions. Ashbury Precision Ordnance employs a team of former 2112 Armorers who take these barreled actions and clean them up, upgrade the trigger, and then test for accuracy. APO Rifles flat out shoot thanks to the attention to detail they put into the rifle. They have an upgrade path either from APO, or you can take them to your favorite gunsmith and the sky is the limit. Finally, I looked at it from a resale value, the APO Saber Chassis is modular, by pairing it with a Remington 700 you maintain your value over time.

View attachment 7013349

Saber Chassis, it's a truly modular chassis system. The APO chassis allows the shooter to adjust the fit to them individually. In my mind, this promotes marksmanship because it's designed to adjust as well as grow with the shooter. We spec'd out the version of the chassis that meets the need of a turnkey system. We could have offered it in a variety of different ways, with numerous options. I get asked every day, "what do I buy" so I wanted to answer that question without you having to immediately upgrade the choice from what is offered to what is available. While APO continues to refine the options, you have the ability to keep up without needing a new system.

View attachment 7013371

Why Ashbury Precision Ordnance

The easiest answer is, because of their quality and my longstanding relationship with the company. Morris, Matthew, and Company are able to meet my needs in terms of accuracy, upgradeability, and modularity so the rifle is not obsolete in a years time. Their 2112 Armorers and Custom Shop can produce these rifles while making sure the Sniper's Hide Members buying can be supported at all levels. Customer Service and Support is every bit as important as the accuracy I demand. There is a long tradition of supporting the Marine Corps warfighters and that speaks volumes to me. Cap this all off with the ability to bring this rifle in under cost while still giving the end user all the best features.

The rifle was born out of the APO Saber M700 sold at Cabelas.
View attachment 7013359
View attachment 7013369
View attachment 7013370

The Price

Everyone talks about Precision Rifle as the fastest growing sport. This is not new, we have been for years now. Because of that, we have seen the prices go up, and then recently many companies jumped into this space by bringing the prices down. I wanted a viable option under $2000 that was a turnkey system. We made sure it hit every mark, from front to back. As well we wanted an upgrade path for those who enjoy a tiny bit more. Change the forend, change the buttstock, folding, fixed, modular, you can change it. The Base Sniper's Hide Edition Model Retails for $1950. We cut out the middle man, so you are not paying more than you have too.

View attachment 7013353

Trigger Tech Triggers

This was important to me, aside from completely going over the Remington Barreled action, I wanted, not just a good trigger, but a great trigger without having a $400 upgrade cost. Enter the Trigger Tech Triggers. Trigger Control is key, it's our point of human contact with a rifle. A good trigger goes a long, long way. The base rifle comes standard with a Trigger Tech Trigger installed.

Turnkey Solutions

View attachment 7013358
Simplicity is key, guys want a solution without having to hunt for upgrades. Just add your scope and you're in the game. Whether you are taking a class, shooting a match, or just enjoy shooting on the weekend to clear your head. It's a great looking rifle, sure to stand out on any public firing line. The accuracy standard will make you look good too with the old-timers at the public range. We picked the two most popular calibers, 308 and 6.5CM as the base system, but you can modify that to anything you like. At $1950 you are not overcommitting in cost. You can test the precision rifle waters without breaking the bank.

We have been discussing this on the Everyday Sniper Podcast, so if you want to hear more about this, check out the podcast.

As noted above, this can be ordered direct from Ashbury Precision Ordnance.

Props to a Sniper's Hide Edition of an incredibly modular platform! It is evident that much thought was given to bringing this to light! Hat's off to the options list! 1 piece bolt! Upgrade as budget allows! OORAH!

I am new to precision shooting and this rifle looks about perfect for me to learn and grow with. I spoke with APO and they were fantastic. They are only a couple of hours from me which is a bonus. Before I place the order I had a couple questions.

First is the Skeleton Stock close to being available? It just adds something to the rifle. If it’s close to release I could wait To place my order.

For the guys that have it already, knowing what you know now would you order anything differently?

Thanks in advance!

You can ask" Madmatz" he knows what the status would be, they have been working on that quite awhile personally I wouldn't hold my breath.
I am good with the standard stock.

Definitely curious about purchasing one of these to get back into a LR platform again. Sold off my 6.5cm LaRue AR, so I think a bolt gun paired with my suppressor will be a good combo on 6.5cm up to 1000yrds at steel, and good 100-200 for targets at my local range.

I am new to precision shooting and this rifle looks about perfect for me to learn and grow with. I spoke with APO and they were fantastic. They are only a couple of hours from me which is a bonus. Before I place the order I had a couple questions.

First is the Skeleton Stock close to being available? It just adds something to the rifle. If it’s close to release I could wait To place my order.

For the guys that have it already, knowing what you know now would you order anything differently?

Thanks in advance!

The only thing I might have done differently is have a suppressor compatible brake installed.

I don't live in a free state so its a moot point right now-but I plan to move within the next 2 years and I might travel out of state where it would be handy.

Otherwise I am very happy with the rifle.

Reactions: Missimer
What’s the difference between the one listed on the Spring 2019 flyer for $750 (at the time, $950 now for the 6.5cm) and the snipers hide edition?

The one option I should have ordered is the
Tactical bolt knob.
And probably will send it back in to Ashbury or LRI to get that done.
I run a k525i scope with a quick turn lever and when I cycle the bolt I can run into the scope If I don't use the proper technique
to avoid that.
Nice rifle, I would recommend it.

What’s the difference between the one listed on the Spring 2019 flyer for $750 (at the time, $950 now for the 6.5cm) and the snipers hide edition?
If you go to their web site and configure tool
That will probably answer most of your questions.
Also Lowlight made a video giving a rundown.
My rifle ran about 2000.00 , I was fully aware of the others that were cheaper.
Do the first two things and you will understand the differences.

Reactions: DaveCo
the SH edition is different from the big box -sub $1000 version.

mainly we have a complete chassis, the others have the CTR, and we tweak a few minor things. Plus we are air-gauge checking with an extra level of QC.

it might look similar but it’s not the same beyond the overall look.

Sorry, I meant the offering from APO, but I think the blueprinted hand worked action is probably what’s different.

Attachments

• 0D52C682-8BFD-450D-B22B-5BE2E24C824F.jpeg
    0D52C682-8BFD-450D-B22B-5BE2E24C824F.jpeg
    984.3 KB · Views: 194
That is the big box store version, still APO just was offered in retail stores, so there is an extra layer of savings because the volume

It’s very similar but not the same, price the stock, you see

Let me start off by saying I am new to this game. My local range goes to 600 yards and 1000 for special events. I am planning to shoot some events once I get my kit sorted out. I currently own a Howa chassis rifle in 6.5cr.
So I'm really interested in this rifle. Saving money for it as we speak. One question I have is on the 22 inch barrel for the creedmore. I thought they liked a longer barrel? My current Howa is 24 inches and the RPR I had was 24 as well. So drop some knowledge on me, I'm curious as to why the shorter barrel was chosen.
Thanks!

22” works, barrel lengths are function of mission, if you want a longer barrel order it

a majority of my rifles, 6.5 included are 22” and shorter, main,y because I suppress them but also because I tend to shoot lighter bullets so my speed stays relatively competitive when compared to those shooting heavies

Talked to APO on Friday, had a good talk with them and we went over a lot of info. Really nice people. Long story short, I ordered one, just waiting for my call back to finalize the order. Now just gotta be patient!

Well, not sure as what to do now. No response on any communications.

I read that parts of Northern Virginia are getting sporty right now.

Maybe that has something to do with it?

Reactions: STex
This is such an awesome rifle option. I am finally moving from an occupied state to a free state (grew up in CA, went to college in Chicago) so I am wayyy behind the curve on what's good, been relying too much on my buddy who went to college in Tennessee and he isn't into bolt guns much so enter the hide. IMO the best thing about this is the fact that it has been looked over APO. I've owned an AR since I was 18 so I know that platform well but bolt guns aren't my territory so the idea of buying a 700 BA and buying the components to build feels like more of a gamble than the current AR build I'm doing. Thanks @lowlight for putting this option together. Once I get proficient with my AR past 500 I'll be picking this up in 6.5

Also to be clear, there's no time limit on this option right? Like I can wait a year to pick one up?

Reactions: MADMATZ
I am interested in ordering one of these rifles.

I live in Virginia so I like the idea of a local product. I ride through that area a couple times a month on the way to my WV place (wouldn’t mind stopping in).

Looks like a good all around package/shooter for what I would want to do. Well thought out and priced right. Plus my favorite local gun shop says they are a class act.

I called and left a message and sent a couple emails with no response....

I realize covid has slowed up some business but...has anyone heard from them recently?

I’m ready to pull the trigger as the saying goes.

I am interested in ordering one of these rifles.

I live in Virginia so I like the idea of a local product. I ride through that area a couple times a month on the way to my WV place (wouldn’t mind stopping in).

Looks like a good all around package/shooter for what I would want to do. Well thought out and priced right. Plus my favorite local gun shop says they are a class act.

I called and left a message and sent a couple emails with no response....

I realize covid has slowed up some business but...has anyone heard from them recently?

I’m ready to pull the trigger as the saying goes.
I talked to and ordered one 3 weeks ago. Hoping to get it by the end of the month.

Reactions: jetech
I talked to and ordered one 3 weeks ago. Hoping to get it by the end of the month.

Roger that.

Hopefully I’ll get a callback to place the order (this overtime money is burning a hole in my pocket).

Hey guys yes we are still here working away at APO. Please bear with us as we are working to respond to every inquiry, there will be some delay in responses. We have had to change around and reduced our working hours at the shop to keep everyone safe and healthy during this crazy time. @338hunter your Snipers Hide build is on track and will ship out before to leave!! @jdemp Please send me a DM and i will personally follow up. Thank you all for your understanding...

Hey guys quick update on a Sniper's Hide Training Rifle moving through production. 338hunter I think this one is yours!! Myself and the team just finished her up and will be going through final inspection first of next week and shipping out by the end of next week! Sorry the Halfface Blades Disaster Jr. does not ship with the rifle....Have a great weekend. More to follow
20200717_152516_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone looked at bringing one in to Australia? I’m in the process of reaching out to some local dealers. APO isn’t officially in Australia at this time.

Has anyone looked at bringing one in to Australia? I’m in the process of reaching out to some local dealers. APO isn’t officially in Australia at this time.

We used to have 2 dealers in Australia, We have done exports with no issues with exception of some of your states do not allow a folding hinge on the Butstock. The law's may have changed so please check with your local firearms dealer to find out if the Sniper's hide rifle as configured would be legal in your home state. Shoot a email [email protected] over to our sales team when you have a importer/Firearms dealer that you would like to work with locally.

Reactions: Sub zero
These look very nice!

Im honestly very surprised to see another SH edition rifle after the huge debacle many many years ago.. What a train wreck that was

Like fine wine good things take time... We are working to cover all the bases and the new Skeleton Stock is on top of the list as we work through this crazy time. Look for a post in the next few weeks for a Group buy Pre-Release!!! That's all i can say for now...
Did the SERiSS ever go anywhere or just fizzle out?

Not sure what's going on at APO, my rifle has been in "test fire" for two weeks now.

Reactions: MADMATZ