• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ashbury Precision Ordnance Sniper's Hide Edition Rifle

I'll be awaiting your competition to this offering.

I'm sure you'll do a great job, hell probably a better job. 👍.

Bet you're a blast at funerals. 🙄
Holy necro-quote Batman. That post was made you even joined this forum. Shhhh.

called over 15 times. Left messages and did get a call back from David and a female who promised info.

Last call was about two weeks ago.

Crickets

So second range day went great...shot steel targets (from body size down to 6x6 inch plates) at various distances from 200 to 800 yards.

Used the same 140 Hornady ELDs and some 140 cheap stuff Sellier and Bellot? No real difference on steel so for the next time Ill just save money.

We set it up as a kinda unknown distance range for our work rifles..however with mounds at 100 yard increments it’s not really unknown.

The APO had no issues at 800 second shot was a hit (bad wind call by me)...wind was unpredictable (full to zero at times) but manageable at that distance.

Attachments

• 200663F5-2A8D-4745-B717-F985645DC982.jpeg
    200663F5-2A8D-4745-B717-F985645DC982.jpeg
    580.3 KB · Views: 153
  • Love
Reactions: MADMATZ and jetech
I love my APO Snipers Hide Edition 6.5 cm. It is very accurate, IMO it is a great deal for the price.

yep
I am just waiting until they get more creedmoor so I can get mine

With the whole Remington issue it will be some time before they get some R700 in 6.5CM. There was some talk of doing a Remage to replace the lack of availability in the R700 6.5, but I don't know where that went. Still waiting on the SH release of the skeleton stock.

well if that is the case I may have to look at different options. I will give it a month.
Cadex is available- although more expensive

For those of us that took advantage of the 6.5CM barreled action sale at Eurooptic (2019), it would be nice to be able to buy just the limited edition Snipershide Chassis from Ashbury... Sniper Gray would be my color of choice <grin>

Reactions: MADMATZ
Sniper's Hide has paired up with Ashbury Precision Ordnance to offer a Sub $2k Precision Rifle.

View attachment 7013344

Background:

I wanted a rifle I could recommend to students and followers that was a turnkey system. Over the years we would tell students to get the Ruger RPR, the Tikka T3x, etc, but we found ourselves upgrading them. They are great entry level rifles but when it was all said and done, most guys were ending up with $2400 variants due to the changes we'd recommend. This rifle has been spec'd to meet the need of the precision rifle shooter, from both a training and competition standpoint.

Why the Remington 700, because it's the Chevy 350 of rifle actions. Ashbury Precision Ordnance employs a team of former 2112 Armorers who take these barreled actions and clean them up, upgrade the trigger, and then test for accuracy. APO Rifles flat out shoot thanks to the attention to detail they put into the rifle. They have an upgrade path either from APO, or you can take them to your favorite gunsmith and the sky is the limit. Finally, I looked at it from a resale value, the APO Saber Chassis is modular, by pairing it with a Remington 700 you maintain your value over time.

View attachment 7013349

Saber Chassis, it's a truly modular chassis system. The APO chassis allows the shooter to adjust the fit to them individually. In my mind, this promotes marksmanship because it's designed to adjust as well as grow with the shooter. We spec'd out the version of the chassis that meets the need of a turnkey system. We could have offered it in a variety of different ways, with numerous options. I get asked every day, "what do I buy" so I wanted to answer that question without you having to immediately upgrade the choice from what is offered to what is available. While APO continues to refine the options, you have the ability to keep up without needing a new system.

View attachment 7013371

Why Ashbury Precision Ordnance

The easiest answer is, because of their quality and my longstanding relationship with the company. Morris, Matthew, and Company are able to meet my needs in terms of accuracy, upgradeability, and modularity so the rifle is not obsolete in a years time. Their 2112 Armorers and Custom Shop can produce these rifles while making sure the Sniper's Hide Members buying can be supported at all levels. Customer Service and Support is every bit as important as the accuracy I demand. There is a long tradition of supporting the Marine Corps warfighters and that speaks volumes to me. Cap this all off with the ability to bring this rifle in under cost while still giving the end user all the best features.

The rifle was born out of the APO Saber M700 sold at Cabelas.
View attachment 7013359
View attachment 7013369
View attachment 7013370

The Price

Everyone talks about Precision Rifle as the fastest growing sport. This is not new, we have been for years now. Because of that, we have seen the prices go up, and then recently many companies jumped into this space by bringing the prices down. I wanted a viable option under $2000 that was a turnkey system. We made sure it hit every mark, from front to back. As well we wanted an upgrade path for those who enjoy a tiny bit more. Change the forend, change the buttstock, folding, fixed, modular, you can change it. The Base Sniper's Hide Edition Model Retails for $1950. We cut out the middle man, so you are not paying more than you have too.

View attachment 7013353

Trigger Tech Triggers

This was important to me, aside from completely going over the Remington Barreled action, I wanted, not just a good trigger, but a great trigger without having a $400 upgrade cost. Enter the Trigger Tech Triggers. Trigger Control is key, it's our point of human contact with a rifle. A good trigger goes a long, long way. The base rifle comes standard with a Trigger Tech Trigger installed.

Turnkey Solutions

View attachment 7013358
Simplicity is key, guys want a solution without having to hunt for upgrades. Just add your scope and you're in the game. Whether you are taking a class, shooting a match, or just enjoy shooting on the weekend to clear your head. It's a great looking rifle, sure to stand out on any public firing line. The accuracy standard will make you look good too with the old-timers at the public range. We picked the two most popular calibers, 308 and 6.5CM as the base system, but you can modify that to anything you like. At $1950 you are not overcommitting in cost. You can test the precision rifle waters without breaking the bank.

We have been discussing this on the Everyday Sniper Podcast, so if you want to hear more about this, check out the podcast.

As noted above, this can be ordered direct from Ashbury Precision Ordnance.

Will this be available in the UK or would I have to import one unfortunately I've just fallen in love and will be putting my wife up as collateral until it is paid for if I can get my paws on one

This is a complete system, you are asking for a piecemeal thing to save money but where is the support in your question.

Personally, you should be taxed for trolling this thread, if you don't get it, move on instead of thread crapping on my post.

But you are getting Customer Service and Support in a system that is upgradable and modular. You have 1 company you can go too and if there is a situation you can have it handled. They are responsible for the entire package vs taking cheaper components and having the different companies manage only one side of it. We have 3 products here, the Barreled Action, the Trigger, and the Chassis, one stop and you are finished. That is the benefit, I can say to anyone, go buy Products A, B, and C, and do it yourself and it's gonna be cheaper, but you are not getting the support or the quality control in ensuring the system is correct.

If you want a $1000 offering, you can get the APO version from Cabelas, it's different but similar and much cheaper. Not the same trigger, not the same back end on the chassis, but a lot less money, if that is all you care about.

The chassis is the point of human contact, so you want to have the best features you can in terms of adjustability. The other chassis's while cheaper is not the same in terms of what level of fit and adjustability you have. You can easily put the Magpul on it, remove the trigger upgrade and save $900.

But thanks for crapping on my thread with your "I don't get it" bullshit, really classy.
Don't waste your time on this person he doesn't understand what has been done and the reason why I would love one of these rifles as a start out gun to get what this rifle offers for the price point is VFM in any body's book this guy is just nit picking for the sake of it

Still not a word on my request for a 6.5 Creedmoor--Been a while

If Remington is out of business, where do you get a 700 barreled action from then? I would say that's the delay. I'm thinking of sending them the 700 .260 I bought from Midway last September that's completely botched up.

if it came from Midway that way they should fix/replace it

Midway would have replaced it if I'd have caught the problem at my FFL and refused it. These were essentially the last Remington rifles produced and they sold out quickly so I'd have to have caught the problem immediately to have received a replacement.

As it was I didn't find the problem for some time so that's on me. Again, my point is, if there is no Remington, how do you expect to have a source of actions?

Therefore, I can't send it to them to fix this last "gem" they produced. If they were still around it would've been sent back to Ilion a long time ago.

Not seen any posts from Max or customers. Guess it is at a standstill!!!!!!!!!!

Still not a word on my request for a 6.5 Creedmoor--Been a while

This is part of an email received from newly formed Remarms, so this may answer your question while simultaneously telling me to go piss up a rope.

Production of legacy Remington firearms is on track to begin in mid-2021.

Due to the nature of the acquisition, RemArms LLC. is unable honor any warranty or recall offered by the Remington Outdoors Company.

Last year, I asked for advice in starting a precision rifle build (“New to Precision Rifles”) and got some really excellent suggestions from the members…thanks again. But circumstances caused me to put off acquiring some of the pieces and parts. So I kept researching and drooling over some of the rifles I came across. But now, after seeing the APO Sniper’s Hide Edition, I think the wait is over. Call me a punk for not following through on my own build, but considering what I have read about the rifle, and Lowlight’s own endorsement, I think that it would be be a good choice for my first bolt gun.

there is a very nice set up in the sale section. This company has none or if they do they have not advertised so. I tried getting one for months and have now changed direction,

Seeing as the big green R went tits up it might be a while before these become available again. I’m still waiting on the skeleton stock to become a stocked item but I’m not holding my breath. I’ve gone to padding and hockey tape for now. Works well and the damn gun shoots better than I ever expected. Overall, very satisfied with the Cabela’s version.

If anyone watching this thread wants an excellent Snipers Hide APO 6.5CM - I have one for sale.

MADMATZ is their lead guy and worked on my APO. Great team of gunsmiths.

Last edited:
Well, now I've gone and done it!! I gave myself an early Christmas present by ordering a Sniper's Hide Special Edition in 308Win today. Now I just have to be patient and keep from chewing my arm off for the next 10 - 12 weeks before it gets here.😵

Is Ashbury even in business anymore. Their website is not working.

They are revamping and have a project overseas right now, they are still supporting the SH rifle program but are not focusing on business here

I spoke to Matt a month ago, they are alive and well

Spoke with Matt at APO today, and placed the order online.
P.S….I blame Lowlight for making me buy the rifle!! HE IS A BAD MAN!!
I just stumbled across this and I am also interested. I assume you have to call and find out exactly what is standard and what is optional. I see in the first post that an option is the 1/2 MOA in gunsmithing services. And what exact chassis are you getting out of those 3 forend pieces?

I just stumbled across this and I am also interested. I assume you have to call and find out exactly what is standard and what is optional. I see in the first post that an option is the 1/2 MOA in gunsmithing services. And what exact chassis are you getting out of those 3 forend pieces?
The online rifle configuration form allows you to choose the caliber and the chassis color. Outside of that, I think that you need to speak with the Sales staff to order any other bells and whistles that you may desire.

The online rifle configuration form allows you to choose the caliber and the chassis color. Outside of that, I think that you need to speak with the Sales staff to order any other bells and whistles that you may desire.
OK got it. Unfortunately this rifle in 6.5 comes with a 22" barrel and I was looking for at least a 24" or 26" so I guess this won't work for me. 22" is a little short for a 6.5. May have to spend a little more and get the MPA or DD Delta 5 Pro. I had a Tikka T3X 6.5 and couldn't get any accuracy or velocity out of the 22" barrel.

Last edited:
OK got it. Unfortunately this rifle in 6.5 comes with a 22" barrel and I was looking for at least a 24" or 26" so I guess this won't work for me. 22" is a little short for a 6.5. May have to spend a little more and get the MPA or DD Delta 5 Pro. I had a Tikka T3X 6.5 and couldn't get any accuracy or velocity out of the 22" barrel.
My APO 6.5 22" is a tack driver, I shot with Frank and Mike in Colorado and never once felt under-gunned even with quite a few AI's on the line. I will agree with the velocity being down a little based on dope in my ballistic calculator but it did not have any practical implications on accuracy or on steel.

If you're really after velocity or flatter you might look at some of the 6mm offerings.

Also if you contact APO they have been more than happy to customize anything you like in my dealings. It just takes lead time, planning and $$$, but what doesn't these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Davo308
Hey guys, mine should be coming in soon. What scope rings or scope mount would you recommend for mounting a Vortex Strike Eagle 5- 25x56? Mainly interested in what would be proper ring height.
Thanks for the heads-up.

This is 1.5” Spuhr 4602. There’s about 1/2” of clearance on this SB PMII w/ 56” bell. You could get by w/ 1.1” or so likely. 0.95” would be too low I think. The adjustable comb with allow for various heights.
9E5C1E7E-7A1C-4738-9D08-C85542589082.jpeg

Reactions: PabloPlutarco
Hey guys, mine should be coming in soon. What scope rings or scope mount would you recommend for mounting a Vortex Strike Eagle 5- 25x56? Mainly interested in what would be proper ring height.
Thanks for the heads-up.

Be mindful of your desired eye relief. I ended up going with a cantilevered spuhr as I couldn’t get enough eye relief on that short rail. The hand guard prevents most extended rails from being used.

Been doing my research over the past few days, and narrowed my search down to Spurh, Griffin Armament or F3R Machine. While I understand that Spurh is considered top-of-the-line, I was wondering if the Griffin Armament and F3R Machine mounts were good alternatives. Any thoughts or experiences would be helpful.🤔

You can't go wrong with any of them. They all reliably hold your scope. Just depends on what accessories system you want to use.

Been doing my research over the past few days, and narrowed my search down to Spurh, Griffin Armament or F3R Machine. While I understand that Spurh is considered top-of-the-line, I was wondering if the Griffin Armament and F3R Machine mounts were good alternatives. Any thoughts or experiences would be helpful.🤔
If you havent bought yet, check out the ARC rings. Pricey but I love mine.

I'm considering going with the m-brace on my Tikka.

@PabloPlutarco one thing to make the decision easier. Do you want a sperm (SPRM) scope mount on your rifle? If you roll certain ways that might be seen as a benefit. That's up to you.

F3r looks good. I haven't seen much about them but I also haven't seen bad about them.

The ARC rings have been around a while and the m-brace mount has had lots of good said about them. They are newer but have parts that are well proven. They also look really good as well and won't break the bank as bad as the Spuhr for not much more than the others you are considering.

Reactions: PabloPlutarco
I'm afraid that my purchasing a scope mount will have to wait...because I don't have a rifle to mount it to!! :mad: It has been over 4 months since I placed my order, and only twice within that period have I received an answer from anyone regarding the build status and when I might expect delivery. I was always told to keep communicating with a customer, even if you didn't have a specific answer for them. That way they are made to feel that they matter as a customer. All I've heard for the past 3 weeks is crickets. Not good business practice!! 🤬