• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Asshole bicyclists on public roads

Oregon: 79,375 miles of roads available for travel

Germany: 644,480 kilometers (399,577 miles) of paved roads

You were off by a factor of at least 5....................

The rest of your post is even dumber
Yeah but I'm not a communist like you.
Your post where are you stated "The American trucker is the problem" kind of set me off

Last edited:
What you post in threads speaks volumes as to your political affiliations and loyalties.

6qcxwm.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PDXGS
I used to ride a bike about 120 miles a week, it was not a problem for years until one day assholes in cars started to act like those spandex queers on road bikes. I'd be willing to bet that I've had 100 mower handles pass within 2 feet of my head while I was peddling in the fucking bike lane and the asshole in the fucking truck was trying to kill me for fun. I had a guy in a pickup truck try to run me into the back of a parked car more than a few times and usually there was no oncoming traffic, he was just being a dick 99% of the time. His 3 inch dick getting the best of him. People in cars fucking suck too. Especially when they are in the left god damned lane at 10 under the limit. Having watched uneducated and ignorant People drive for the last 40 years, it is clear you assholes are no better on four wheels than two and most of you cunts should ride the bus.

My wife worked at a high school for many years, one of the asshole kids mowed down one of the asshole teachers while he was riding his bike to work one morning. The asshole kid broke both the guys legs. The teacher was, in all honesty, an asshole, from a family of asshole teachers, entitled and generally a dick. Everyone worried about how badly the kid must have felt, running over his favorite teacher and all. Teacher spent months in a wheel chair and a year in with crutches and braces. For graduation, the kid admitted he did it on purpose and laughed his ass off in a room full of school employees.

Yes I drive a car and I cannot fucking stand assholes on bikes riding in the roadway or on the fucking yellow line or whatever lefty bike bullshit the spandex, entitled leftist crowd does on a daily basis. We have the neighborhood cunt who rides wearing a fucking N95 mask all fucking day, every fucking day with his shitty Ukrainian flag helmet....................................it makes me hope Putin wins.

Yeah but I'm not a communist like you.
The American trucker is the problem

Im 100% confident that the next civil war will be uncivil....every person will be on their own. I need not looking any further than any thread on this forumn to confirm everybody hates everybody. Even a group of common people cant stand the same common people. Does that make us all commies?

"Commie" is the new common term for anybody you disagree with, right? I know you are, but what am I? Good greif!

Im 100% confident that the next civil war will be uncivil....every person will be on their own. I need not looking any further than any thread on this forumn to confirm everybody hates everybody. Even a group of common people cant stand the same common people. Does that make us all commies?

"Commie" is the new common term for anybody you disagree with, right? I know you are, but what am I? Good greif!
I suppose you're right.
It was his post saying "the American trucker was the problem" that kind of set me off.

Reactions: xsn10s
Speed limits in America have no relationship to the safe, efficient flow of traffic
Yep. 98% of speed limits in this country are set for one reason only: revenue. States/towns/cities get a significant amount of money from speeding tickets (and other bullshit tickets). Nothing whatsoever to do with "safety", although they love to claim that nonsense.

Two words: SINGLE TRACK!

This whole deal of bike teams spreading out on the road and holding everyone up is billshit. Single bikers too. I saw a cop arrest a biker after he wouldn’t get off to the side in the mountains and a fistfight started. He was taking his piece out of the middle and wouldn’t be considerate enough to let anyone pass. High dollar bike, all the Gucci gear. You know the type. He got everything he deserved.

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
Yep. 98% of speed limits in this country are set for one reason only: revenue. States/towns/cities get a significant amount of money from speeding tickets (and other bullshit tickets). Nothing whatsoever to do with "safety", although they love to claim that nonsense.

Another way you KNOW that it is ALL about shaking folks down for money is that here in America they are usually being all sneaky and running speed traps and trying to hide revenue agents on blind corners or blind hill crests and such. The job of the police would be a lot less dangerous if they wen't doing such risky things to try to shake folks down for a little bit of money.

Compare that to other countries where you are driving around and before the speed cameras or speeding traps there are huge big signs saying speed camera ahead or speed trap ahead or speed clocking markers ahead, so you kind of have to be really stupid to miss them.

Of course the French did it the best when they first got introduced, just riot and smash and burn all the speed cameras and speed traps Ha!

I drive the roads daily and vary rarely is anyone speeding going to make me be in fear for my life, but almost every day I'm in fear for my life at least once, because of raging assholes doing the most asinine, insane, aggressive and stupid stuff that never seem to get dealt with. You want "public safety" quit going after all the "speeders" and go after the insane folks that cause all kinds of horrific crashes.

For the most part that is a true statement. Until one day I was riding my sport bike in the twistiest and this OG blew by me on a V rod dragging knee and straight smoked me, lol. He was definitely a old school ama guy getting him some. It’s not the tool it’s the operator, his wife was following on a MV Augusta.
Back to the topic, dude on bike runs red and looks one way and gets tagged, he’s lucky to be alive, 100% bikers fault. But the chick was speeding and fled the scene, she needs to be delt with regardless.

A V rod is more of a buell than a HD

Reactions: nikonNUT
Another way you KNOW that it is ALL about shaking folks down for money is that here in America they are usually being all sneaky and running speed traps and trying to hide revenue agents on blind corners or blind hill crests and such. The job of the police would be a lot less dangerous if they wen't doing such risky things to try to shake folks down for a little bit of money.

Compare that to other countries where you are driving around and before the speed cameras or speeding traps there are huge big signs saying speed camera ahead or speed trap ahead or speed clocking markers ahead, so you kind of have to be really stupid to miss them.

Of course the French did it the best when they first got introduced, just riot and smash and burn all the speed cameras and speed traps Ha!

I drive the roads daily and vary rarely is anyone speeding going to make me be in fear for my life, but almost every day I'm in fear for my life at least once, because of raging assholes doing the most asinine, insane, aggressive and stupid stuff that never seem to get dealt with. You want "public safety" quit going after all the "speeders" and go after the insane folks that cause all kinds of horrific crashes.
Some in here are old enough to remember when a few of the western states had no daytime speed limit.
But just like everything else people who are incapable of self-governing put an end to that.

Agree totally. One of the reasons I left Virginia, I kid you not, was because I was fucking sick and tired of the Gestapo like traffic enforcement. VA State Police were (and I'm sure still are) notorious for their speed traps and "safety corridors". They would stop and hassle people for going 5 mph over the absurd 55 mph speed limit. In the city I lived in, you could and would be stopped for going 2-3 mph over the already ridiculously low speed limits. You couldn't drive 2 miles without some dick jumping out in the road with a radar or lidar gun telling you to pull over. These assholes wouldn't know what real police work is if it fell in their lap. But they sure as fuck can write a hundred tickets a day. Fuck that. If I wanted to live in a police state, I would move to North Korea or Iran.

Pretty sure it was the Brits

There used to be a website that was all about pictures of destroyed cameras (Gatsos is what they call them from the most popular brand). Their favorite demolition technique was to throw an old tire around the camera box, fill the inside of it with gasoline, and light it. The burning rubber produced an intense, long burning flame that literally melted everything inside the enclosure except for the glass lenses.

Many places have laws for "low horse power vehicles" and the roads they can and can't be on. The scooter thing comes to mind here.

My issue with the bicycle people, of that I include myself is that so many do think they own the road and the rules do not apply to them. I have seen with my own two eyes bicycle people get a ticket....it needs to happen more.
you DO realize that in the state's laws that I've researched, bicycles are just another vehicle, right? The laws usually say 'with all the rights and duties' of any other vehicle.

The laws also usually have exceptions for unsafe spots or things in the road which gives the cyclist the entire lane. Like say oncoming traffic. Like say crests of hills. Like say blind corners.

Laws usually also say something about 3' minimums and here in VA you need to change lanes to pass.

...AND...

Being both a driver and a cyclist, I can tell you that you've been 'held up' by other road users LOTS longer than you've ever been 'held up' by a cyclist or group of cyclists.

So...

None of y'all have much of a leg to stand on.

I got passed at the crest of a hill into oncoming traffic just a few minutes ago. ...and yes, I was 'in the middle of the road' because a lot of you mouth-breathing morons can't seem to grasp the concept that you need to be able to see to pass anything, much less a cyclist. Another mile down the road, I had a dump truck turning left not stop at a stop sign AND run wide enough that I had just enough room to avoid his bumper. So talk to me about your entitlement mentality encased in your steel safety cage some more.

A lot of y'all are the reason I carry on the bike

M

Reactions: Mike Casselton
Agree totally. One of the reasons I left Virginia, I kid you not, was because I was fucking sick and tired of the Gestapo like traffic enforcement. VA State Police were (and I'm sure still are) notorious for their speed traps and "safety corridors". They would stop and hassle people for going 5 mph over the absurd 55 mph speed limit. In the city I lived in, you could and would be stopped for going 2-3 mph over the already ridiculously low speed limits. You couldn't drive 2 miles without some dick jumping out in the road with a radar or lidar gun telling you to pull over. These assholes wouldn't know what real police work is if it fell in their lap. But they sure as fuck can write a hundred tickets a day. Fuck that. If I wanted to live in a police state, I would move to North Korea or Iran.
Funny. I go 5-9ish over pretty much everywhere here in NoVA and get passed like I'm standing still

M

Speed limits in America have no relationship to the safe, efficient flow of traffic
They do, actually. Most places are posted at appx 85% of the speed 'normal' traffic flows

There are exceptions, but that's what I remember reading.

M

thump thump what was that ? I did not see anything . if you don't pay taxes the vehicle to be on the road to drive it don't belong there if it can't do 80 mph get it out of the way or get run over . Right of way means little when your run over or dead .

Reactions: BigTex
They do, actually. Most places are posted at appx 85% of the speed 'normal' traffic flows

Not even fucking close. That's how it should be done but that's not how it's done.

If you were right, I-75 from Dayton to Toledo and I-70 from Dayton to Columbus would be posted at 80 - 85 mph.

Reactions: Arc Light

There are exceptions, but that's what I remember reading.

M
That's the way it is supposed to be. Speed limits set at the 85th percentile. But they most definitely are not. Otherwise, speed limits on our highways would be 75mph-95mph and not 60mph-70mph.

Reactions: 308pirate

I remember driving through VA, MD, and NJ in the mid 80s.......fun times. It was exactly as you describe without exaggeration.

Reactions: Arc Light
Being both a driver and a cyclist, I can tell you that you've been 'held up' by other road users LOTS longer than you've ever been 'held up' by a cyclist or group of cyclists.

So...

M
I ride a 3 wheeled motorcycle and can't count how many times some idiot wanna-be Tour cyclists clog the canyons thinking they are the next Jonas Vingegaard. If you see more than a few cars behind you, move over and let them pass. I used to ride as a cyclist years ago (GregLlamond era) and wasn't an asshole while cycling.

Oh, and how are you going to shoot the driver when your ass is gonna be face down in the dirt? :rolleyes:

It’s hard to see anyone wasting a quality 2 stroke with highway gears!

2 wheel sets and chains. 1 with dot tires and a 44 tooth rear, another with knobbies and a 50 tooth rear.
15 minutes to swap and it's ready for dirt or street.

99% of the reason I got the plate was to not be hassled on transitions between single track trails on gravel roads. Then I had a buddy brag about his custom Harley (he bolted on some chrome and a set of pipes) so the wheelset was added to troll him.

Then there's the 3 wheeled bike riders. They're embarrassed to call them a trike, but they're next level awesome to mess with.

you DO realize that in the state's laws that I've researched, bicycles are just another vehicle, right? The laws usually say 'with all the rights and duties' of any other vehicle.

The laws also usually have exceptions for unsafe spots or things in the road which gives the cyclist the entire lane. Like say oncoming traffic. Like say crests of hills. Like say blind corners.

Laws usually also say something about 3' minimums and here in VA you need to change lanes to pass.

...AND...

So...

I got passed at the crest of a hill into oncoming traffic just a few minutes ago. ...and yes, I was 'in the middle of the road' because a lot of you mouth-breathing morons can't seem to grasp the concept that you need to be able to see to pass anything, much less a cyclist. Another mile down the road, I had a dump truck turning left not stop at a stop sign AND run wide enough that I had just enough room to avoid his bumper. So talk to me about your entitlement mentality encased in your steel safety cage some more.

M

Are you the dipshit I've almost killed a few times now? When I crest the hill and you're right in the middle of the lane in a 70mph highway, going about 20? And I have about 100' to try and avoid turning you into a red stain?

...AND...

So...

M
Except that you pay no fees to use the roads, have no licensing requirements, and aren’t required to carry liability insurance. You ride on unsafe roads with blind curves and no areas to pass and a lot of you go out of your way to piss off motorists. So get off your high horse and try to be a decent person, and get the fuck out of the way

it is also my opinion, that ANY new driver (of any age and from any country) when they apply for their 'learners permit' all they are able to operate for the first two years, is a 500 cc OR LESS scooter.

I guar=an=damn=tee you that within 10 years, there would be a LOT more attention paid to the road, by drivers.

Except that you pay no fees to use the roads, have no licensing requirements, and aren’t required to carry liability insurance. You ride on unsafe roads with blind curves and no areas to pass and a lot of you go out of your way to piss off motorists. So get off your high horse and try to be a decent person, and get the fuck out of the way
a car does more damage in one pass than 7000 bicycles do. What's your point?

So you're blaming a cyclist for your inability to drive? If you can't figure out that you're not supposed to pass when it isn't safe, you may want to retake drivers' ed

M

Reactions: PDXGS
Are you the dipshit I've almost killed a few times now? When I crest the hill and you're right in the middle of the lane in a 70mph highway, going about 20? And I have about 100' to try and avoid turning you into a red stain?
I've got a hint for you: look past the hood of your car and you won't have that problem.

You're driving a multi-ton killing machine. Why not treat the job with the respect it deserves?

M

Please share a photo of your 2 stroke that can run down the highway at 120.
Somebody has never heard of a Kawasaki H2, or a H1 for that matter.
Yamaha RD 350 and 400, and the TZ 750.
Suzuki also made a few.......that would top 150 pretty easy.
Kawasaki H2 750 triple 2 stroke is still pretty much king of race day and I've seen them easily run in the low 8s in the 1/4.
Here's some running even faster.....and those wheelie bars are not just for looks.

Betcha Hardly Ableson can't go that without turbos/nitrous/blower.

• Love
Reactions: MJF
You do know that the speed limit is the maximum and it's not mandatory to maintain the maximum speed?
DO THE FUCKING SPEED LIMIT!
Don't you know that these cyclist are saving the planet?
Or another way to look at it. They are not burning gas so that keeps the supply and demand thing in our favor for cheaper gas.

Somebody has never heard of a Kawasaki H2, or a H1 for that matter.
Yamaha RD 350 and 400, and the TZ 750.
Suzuki also made a few.......that would top 150 pretty easy.
Kawasaki H2 750 triple 2 stroke is still pretty much king of race day and I've seen them easily run in the low 8s in the 1/4.
Here's some running even faster.....and those wheelie bars are not just for looks.

Betcha Hardly Ableson can't go that without turbos/nitrous/blower.

Keep drinking. You missed this one completely. He has a OFF ROAD 2 STROKE that he puts street tires on that does 120.

• Haha
Reactions: clcustom1911
it is also my opinion, that ANY new driver (of any age and from any country) when they apply for their 'learners permit' all they are able to operate for the first two years, is a 500 cc OR LESS scooter.

I guar=an=damn=tee you that within 10 years, there would be a LOT more attention paid to the road, by drivers.
...but... MAH FREEDOM!

You can't tell me what to do!

I thing you're on the right track.

Admittedly, my first moto was Dad's 1200 'Wing. His best friend died on his way to my place in Sandy Eggo. Got to my house, flew home, asked me to sell the bike. Rode it for a few months before it sold. ...but I'd been cycling for 20 years by that point and had several legs up when maneuvering a 2-wheeled vehicle thru traffic.

*My* first bike was a BMW R1150RT. Lane sharing in SoCal is a fantastic way to get around. Riding the same bikes the CHP did made traffic part like the Red Sea.

M

You do know that the speed limit is the maximum and it's not mandatory to maintain the maximum speed?

Or another way to look at it. They are not burning gas so that keeps the supply and demand thing in our favor for cheaper gas.
Wrong. Your speed can’t impede the flow of traffic with weather permitting . They will ticket you for doing 50 on the freeway. Also need to pull over when delaying 3 or more vehicles. I’m sure that law applies to bicycle as well.

I burn my fair share of gas too. My Ram gets maybe 10 on a good day

M

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
Wrong. Your speed can’t impede the flow of traffic with weather permitting . They will ticket you for doing 50 on the freeway. Also need to pull over when delaying 3 or more vehicles. I’m sure that law applies to bicycle as well.
Actually it doesn't. Lots of precedents on that score.

M

sort of funny story depending on point of view. decades ago now my dad is driving, youngster me and one or two others in the car. come upon a bicyclist riding in the left side of the lane. makes it harder of course to pass. after following for a while, my dad toots his horn and the guy flips him the bird. my dad floors it and the guy must be thinking 'oh f_ck.' he takes the next left and my dad pinches him against the curb and he went flying. def overkill on my dad's part but guessing the biker was a little more respectful of cars going forward.

• Haha
Reactions: Pbgt
I get the feeling that you ride a bicycle
eh it's the same bullsh1t with the harley riders. ride 5-10mph below the limit all spaced out to (mostly) preclude passing. i had one guy speed up and parallel me while i was passing like he was going to keep my truck from getting back in the main lane. i think he figured out that 8000 pounds trumps his 800# harley all day long.

and why do people speed up when you're trying to pass. i want people in a hurry in front of me, not on my ass.