• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Asshole bicyclists on public roads

So you are mad that you have to pay the king for using your roads and others don't?
Except that you pay no fees to use the roads, have no licensing requirements, and aren’t required to carry liability insurance. You ride on unsafe roads with blind curves and no areas to pass and a lot of you go out of your way to piss off motorists. So get off your high horse and try to be a decent person, and get the fuck out of the way

Reactions: Flintdog2011
Keep drinking. You missed this one completely. He has a OFF ROAD 2 STROKE that he puts street tires on that does 120.
And ?
This one does that easily.....and my old KTM would also do that easily.
I don't get on bikes anymore, health issues, but I've done well over 120 on dirt bikes many times.
The Mint 400 and Baja 1000 might wake you up a bit.
Notice, it's a 2 stroke single, 82 horsepower, stock.

Reactions: MJF
What gets me is the property tax payer will be billed millions of dollars for bike lanes and bike paths and will the bicycle riders use them
NO they want to get out and play in traffic.
You know why? Because riding with the cars is safer.

Cars are at least (mostly) predictable.

Pedestrians turn off their brains because 'its safe' and do extraordinarily stupid things. I can't tell you how many people have stopped and turned around right in front of me with nary a look, How many gaggles of suburban women walk down the entire path, not moving when traffic approaches. yadda yadda yadda

I'm not extraordinarily fast but even I can keep up an 18-20mph cruise. Combining 20mph+ cyclists with grandma out for a wobble down the bike path is a recipe for problems. Combining new cyclists with clueless peds is worse. Combining aggressive cyclists passing peds into oncoming cyclists is a massive; dangerous PITA. Combining groups of cyclists trying to 'race' one another on the Wednesday Night Worlds is worse than that. BTDT

If you're Mom-n-Dad wobbling down the path at roughly the same speed as the peds? Probably OK.

Anything faster than that Mom-n-Dad on a MUT and you run into problems and its still safer to ride with the cars

M

Reactions: MJF
Or maybe don’t pedal children’s transportation device on the highway with multi ton killing machines around.
My 'children's transportation' costs more than some cars Heck! My shoes alone cost more than most people's bikes.

Every ride I go on means there's one less Ram on the road 'in your way.' You can legally pass a cyclist in a no passing zone. You're stuck behind me when I'm driving. ....and I'm not going to go much over the limit while getting 10mpg

M

Pedestrians turn off their brains because 'its safe' and do extraordinarily stupid things. I can't tell you how many people have stopped and turned around right in front of me with nary a look, How many gaggles of suburban women walk down the entire path, not moving when traffic approaches. yadda yadda yadda

I'm not extraordinarily fast but even I can keep up an 18-20mph cruise. Combining 20mph+ cyclists with grandma out for a wobble down the bike path is a recipe for problems. Combining new cyclists with clueless peds is worse. Combining aggressive cyclists passing peds into oncoming cyclists is a massive; dangerous PITA. Combining groups of cyclists trying to 'race' one another on the Wednesday Night Worlds is worse than that. BTDT

If you're Mom-n-Dad wobbling down the path at roughly the same speed as the peds? Probably OK.

Anything faster than that Mom-n-Dad on a MUT and you run into problems and its still safer to ride with the cars

M
Oh I get it you're frustrated with people walking kind of like a driver is frustrated with a bicycle peddler.

Someone on a Harley fucked this guys girl. Serious issues with the Harley and the men on it.

Physically impossible.

bf81a46b97e170f191c4d489bce62044.jpg

a car does more damage in one pass than 7000 bicycles do. What's your point?

So you're blaming a cyclist for your inability to drive? If you can't figure out that you're not supposed to pass when it isn't safe, you may want to retake drivers' ed

M
Not sure what it is you are trying to say, but I drive just fine. As a matter of fact, I tend to look out for the douche nozzles on bicycles that infest my area pretty much every day, and by the hundreds on the weekends. I have prevented more than one accident from peoples patience running out because the bikes come here from the city to block up our roads. Doesn’t mean I don’t have to fight the urge to splatter them like bugs on the bumper. Make your moral stand and demand that the cars respect you, but don’t be surprised when you become a greasy spot…

Reactions: 308pirate
And ?
This one does that easily.....and my old KTM would also do that easily.
I don't get on bikes anymore, health issues, but I've done well over 120 on dirt bikes many times.
The Mint 400 and Baja 1000 might wake you up a bit.
Notice, it's a 2 stroke single, 82 horsepower, stock.

its a fucking racing bike. Not street legal and not for sale in the US. Your age is really showing. You win this argument. I cant be stupid enough to compete with you.

M

So imagine if every time you want to get out and have fun riding fast, nope you have no choice but to "share the road" with all the slow walkers toddling around... but hey you should just be able to watch where you are going and look out for them all and ride your bike at walking speed if you need to...

Would you like that?

Because that's what I often wish the stupid bicyclists who love making vehicle traffic miserable would have to experience when they are trying to go out and do their fancy ass spandex rides and be all cool.

Maybe then they'd understand that letting the slowest assholes block and slow everyone isn't really that efficient of an idea.

My 'children's transportation' costs more than some cars Heck! My shoes alone cost more than most people's bikes.

Every ride I go on means there's one less Ram on the road 'in your way.' You can legally pass a cyclist in a no passing zone. You're stuck behind me when I'm driving. ....and I'm not going to go much over the limit while getting 10mpg

M
Do you can afford a bike that is 1000s of dollars, some stupid shoes to go with it, a jacked up ram with mud tires on it but you bitch about only getting 10mpg and will deliberately inconvenience everybody no matter what mode of transportation you choose?

I've got a hint for you: look past the hood of your car and you won't have that problem.

You're driving a multi-ton killing machine. Why not treat the job with the respect it deserves?

M

The idiots here like to bike down the middle of the highway, and when I crest a hill they're just smack in the middle of the lane.

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to see through the hill, or beyond my headlights when they don't have lights on.

Seems like they could do something like stay off to the side, since they're just a bit narrower than a car.

I'm also not sure why they insist on biking on an interestate with 80mph traffic, but at least they generally understand going into traffic will kill them pretty quick and to stay on the shoulder.

its a fucking racing bike. Not street legal and not for sale in the US. Your age is really showing. You win this argument. I cant be stupid enough to compete with you.
It's a production dirt bike.
You said a dirt bike couldn't do it.
Yes you can buy one AND STREET LICENSE it in the US.
Here's the same fucking bike in street legal format.
Ah fuck, can't link to it due to java script.
Go to motorcycles, new bikes, 700 enduro.

What's next, the thing isn't fucking green or yellow paint schemed ?
Harleys are still making engines with 1930 technology, everyone has long since caught up and passed them by miles.
Pisses you Hardley Ableson fans off doesn't it ?
Tough shit, grow up.

Street legal is easy here. Lights, horn, mirror, and here's a plate. No need for a factory DOT. I could buy one of those and plate it.

The street speed is easy. Way less rolling resistance than dirt.

Like I said, it may not be practical, but I only have it to troll the Harley guys that think they're fast.

It's a production dirt bike.
You said a dirt bike couldn't do it.
Yes you can buy one AND STREET LICENSE it in the US.
Here's the same fucking bike in street legal format.
Ah fuck, can't link to it due to java script.
Go to motorcycles, new bikes, 700 enduro.

What's next, the thing isn't fucking green or yellow paint schemed ?
Harleys are still making engines with 1930 technology, everyone has long since caught up and passed them by miles.
Pisses you Hardley Ableson fans off doesn't it ?
Tough shit, grow up.
Do you even ride? Or just an old washed up man who found out how to use google.

Street legal is easy here. Lights, horn, mirror, and here's a plate. No need for a factory DOT. I could buy one of those and plate it.

The street speed is easy. Way less rolling resistance than dirt.

Like I said, it may not be practical, but I only have it to troll the Harley guys that think they're fast.
Harley and Fast do not belong in the same sentence. They make cruisers not sport bikes. If you need speed then buy a sport bike that will eat that Enduro shit up. Most of us Harley guys just laugh at guys who think they can race their bike and then end up being the host of a upcoming funeral. Compare apples to apples.

Do you can afford a bike that is 1000s of dollars, some stupid shoes to go with it, a jacked up ram with mud tires on it but you bitch about only getting 10mpg and will deliberately inconvenience everybody no matter what mode of transportation you choose?
Maybe he will run himself over?

What gets me is the property tax payer will be billed millions of dollars for bike lanes and bike paths and will the bicycle riders use them
NO they want to get out and play in traffic.

To be fair there are very few places with real bike lanes most of the time they are riding on the edge of the white line or in the dirt.

Here in Arizona you have to be completely crazy to ride a bike or motorcycle on a road. These fuckers are the most dangerous bastards on four wheels I have ever seen. That's if you don't get squashed by grandpa's motor home.

The idiots here like to bike down the middle of the highway, and when I crest a hill they're just smack in the middle of the lane.

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to see through the hill, or beyond my headlights when they don't have lights on.

Seems like they could do something like stay off to the side, since they're just a bit narrower than a car.

I'm also not sure why they insist on biking on an interestate with 80mph traffic, but at least they generally understand going into traffic will kill them pretty quick and to stay on the shoulder.
Stay to the side of the lane and you have someone trying to pass when it isn't safe. Stay on the side of the road and you're less visible, leading to people trying to squeeze past at the last minute. Even the most distracted person looks up every once in a while and being towards the middle of the lane keeps you safer.

Doubt me? Try it. I have. If I ride the way y'all think I should ride, it's MORE dangerous than riding the way I do. I'm more than happy to stay to the right if it's safe. If it isn't, I'm in the middle of the road till *I* can see that its safe.

In very few places are bikes legal on interstate highways. If you read the signs on the side of the onramp, it'll almost always say bikes, moped, etc are specifically prohibited. Not sure where you are, but it cyclists are riding the interstate, there's no other choice.

M

you DO realize that in the state's laws that I've researched, bicycles are just another vehicle, right? The laws usually say 'with all the rights and duties' of any other vehicle.

The laws also usually have exceptions for unsafe spots or things in the road which gives the cyclist the entire lane. Like say oncoming traffic. Like say crests of hills. Like say blind corners.

Laws usually also say something about 3' minimums and here in VA you need to change lanes to pass.

...AND...

Being both a driver and a cyclist, I can tell you that you've been 'held up' by other road users LOTS longer than you've ever been 'held up' by a cyclist or group of cyclists.

So...

None of y'all have much of a leg to stand on.

I got passed at the crest of a hill into oncoming traffic just a few minutes ago. ...and yes, I was 'in the middle of the road' because a lot of you mouth-breathing morons can't seem to grasp the concept that you need to be able to see to pass anything, much less a cyclist. Another mile down the road, I had a dump truck turning left not stop at a stop sign AND run wide enough that I had just enough room to avoid his bumper. So talk to me about your entitlement mentality encased in your steel safety cage some more.

A lot of y'all are the reason I carry on the bike

M
However, in VA the statute states that 1. you cannot impede the flow of traffic and if you cannot do the posted speed limit you MUST get over to the far right side of the road!! They don't do this because they think they are the same as motor vehicles. THIS is what pisses me off. I've come up on a group of them on two lane country roads and they are in single file..... As I approach they must give the secret gay signal and the assholes split into two groups to take up the whole lane..... Faggots.

I have two nice bikes. A mountain bike for trail ridding and a gravel bike for riding the canals and more tame paths we have through natural areas. Also works pretty well for paved paths and roads.

I used to have a road bike for a awhile and ended up trading it for the gravel bike. I'm sorry, but you have to be an idiot to ride next to 3k+ lbs vehicles being driven by people looking at their phones and have no situational awareness or ability to drive. Not to mention the people who intentionally try to scare you off the road. After multiple close calls, that's was enough for me.

I ended up finding a bunch of gravel routes and trails that have much better views and no traffic. Also, it's not nearly as competitive, which is fine because I'm just doing it for the exercise and enjoyment of it.

Yeah but I'm not a communist like you.
Your post where are you stated "The American trucker is the problem" kind of set me off
I’m not sure there are many full fledged commies that post on the Hide but you can’t throw a stick and not hit a big gov’t statist which what they support isn’t far from it.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
^^^^This, especially here in Texas where speed limits are only a suggestion and has some of the most aggressive drivers you'll see anywhere. Here in CenTex they don't call the I-state "Die 35" for no good reason. I don't ride my bike on roads just the many trails we have around the hood.

Reactions: SouthFLShootin
Im 100% confident that the next civil war will be uncivil....every person will be on their own. I need not looking any further than any thread on this forumn to confirm everybody hates everybody. Even a group of common people cant stand the same common people. Does that make us all commies?

"Commie" is the new common term for anybody you disagree with, right? I know you are, but what am I? Good greif!
You have to admit that there are some who are assholes and post asshole things for the sake of assholeness.

As a truck driver, I am always baffled by the cyclist's (and motorcyclist's, fuck them too 🤣) lack of fear of death. I don't care who has the moral or legal high ground on the road, avoiding collision with others should be at the top of your list, especially when you will most certainly lose in the physics equation. Hell, I've stopped at green lights to avoid killing people who had their heads up their asses. A cop friend of mine says there's a bicycle in the evidence room from a fatal accident (rider's fault) and the damn thing is in a 5 gal bucket.

I ride both bicycles and motorcycles, I tell people that ride these things you are at the bottom of the gross tonnage food chain, you need to act like it.

So you WERE going to use the "it's not the right color" thing and then decided to backtrack when I called it, to what.....idiocy ?
This it what happen when 2 people are talking about a subject then a 3rd person who has no clue of the conversation joins in. The bikes you gave for your example are not even remotely close to the conversation we were having. I see you joined on 1-1-22 with 1900 posts already. Get off your computer and go experience life. Pathetic is the only word to describe you.

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
every time you wonder if your online order is late

every time you wonder why is your spouse late

every time you wonder why is the traffic queued for miles and your doing 20 MPH in a 60 MPH zone

a bloke on 2 wheels who doesn't need to complete ANY formal road training

or pay ANY registration for the use of their form of transport on the road...

Meanwhile some poor bastard is driving around in a dangerous goods truck doing the speed limit driving to the conditions, goes around a bend

There was a dip in the road go over the crest there he is.... the bicycle rider all dressed up in Lycra

on top of that trucks coming the other way kids in cars with their folks

ASK the question does he risk death by going off the road for the sake of one bloke on 2 wheels?

Alternatively bugger it he'll give this guy 2 yards of space as required by law

the next one is if you do give that 2 yards you're now in a head on with traffic coming the other way,

oh and btw their was no bike lane (which isn't it seems a requirement to be on the road)

even if their is a bike lane they ride on the line or 2 abreast if not 3

But wait there is more!!! such Joyous FUN

If I'm driving a car and go say 40mph in a 60mph zone I can be pulled over as an offense for Obstructing traffic

every time you wonder if your online order is late

every time you wonder why is your spouse late

every time you wonder why is the traffic queued for miles and your doing 20 MPH in a 60 MPH zone

a bloke on 2 wheels who doesn't need to complete ANY formal road training

or pay ANY registration for the use of their form of transport on the road...

Meanwhile some poor bastard is driving around in a dangerous goods truck doing the speed limit driving to the conditions, goes around a bend

There was a dip in the road go over the crest there he is.... the bicycle rider all dressed up in Lycra

on top of that trucks coming the other way kids in cars with their folks

ASK the question does he risk death by going off the road for the sake of one bloke on 2 wheels?

Alternatively bugger it he'll give this guy 2 yards of space as required by law

the next one is if you do give that 2 yards you're now in a head on with traffic coming the other way,

oh and btw their was no bike lane (which isn't it seems a requirement to be on the road)

even if their is a bike lane they ride on the line or 2 abreast if not 3

But wait there is more!!! such Joyous FUN

If I'm driving a car and go say 40mph in a 60mph zone I can be pulled over as an offense for Obstructing traffic
you're assuming cyclists don't also own cars. Even better: we pay for them, then don't use them when we're riding so we're paying MORE than you are while not damaging the roads.

...and just like all the other entitled wankers out there, you're blaming cyclists for your lack of skill behind the wheel. How hard is it to look past the hood of your vehicle? How hard it is to look at what's coming and slow down so you aren't surprised? Put the effing phone down and pay attention to what you're doing.

How hard is it to press the brake pedal, slow down some, then turn the steering wheel and speed back up? Y'all are acting like spoiled children that don't get their way. Waaah! That mean cyclist is in my way! Waaah! I hate them SO MUCH! Awww poor thing having to actually press a brake pedal and pay attention to what's going on on the road in front of you.

Your lives must be SO tough if a mean cyclist is in your way once every blue moon.

M

you're assuming cyclists don't also own cars. Even better: we pay for them, then don't use them when we're riding so we're paying MORE than you are while not damaging the roads.

...and just like all the other entitled wankers out there, you're blaming cyclists for your lack of skill behind the wheel. How hard is it to look past the hood of your vehicle? How hard it is to look at what's coming and slow down so you aren't surprised? Put the effing phone down and pay attention to what you're doing.

How hard is it to press the brake pedal, slow down some, then turn the steering wheel and speed back up? Y'all are acting like spoiled children that don't get their way. Waaah! That mean cyclist is in my way! Waaah! I hate them SO MUCH! Awww poor thing having to actually press a brake pedal and pay attention to what's going on on the road in front of you.

Your lives must be SO tough if a mean cyclist is in your way once every blue moon.

M
Wanker? Are you from England?

Circumstance and situation

12 tonne of truck going down a hill and the breaks fail

family in a car coming the other way

I'll let you figure the rest out

M

Might ask you the same when you are all enjoying visions of being some bicycle racer and you turn a blind corner, dip or rise and the road is completely blocked by a bunch of pedestrians almost at a standstill. Oh and they are all more than ready to sue the stretch pants off you if your bike so much as touches them.

I'll bet you will be whining and complaining even if you are able to figure out how to come to a sudden stop without hurting yourself.

Of course you could slow to walking speed at every turn and possibly get run into by the rest of your bike loving folks...

Oh and yes try wanting to go to work and the main roads to your area are 45mph but some spandex clad bikers think that rush hour is the perfect time to get in their virtue signalling bike runs and force all the traffic to come to a crawl especially at key turnoffs.

I'd love to see a bunch of walkers do that to all the arrogant cyclists and see how they like their nice fancy weekend rides ruined by having to move at walking speed because folks decided walking in the road is nicer than walking on the sidewalk.

Reactions: FWoo45 and Pritch
Where I live it is all gravel roads. In the past few years there have been an uptick of gravel bikers on the weekends. They ride the same way road bikers do, 3 or 4 wide on roads that are smaller than standard roads. The thing is out in the country everyone has large guard dogs. Most are all bark and no bite, but the bikers don't know that so they are scared shitless of the dogs. This year I haven't seen any gravel bikes out there. I do ride gravel, but on my mtb.

Might ask you the same when you are all enjoying visions of being some bicycle racer and you turn a blind corner, dip or rise and the road is completely blocked by a bunch of pedestrians almost at a standstill. Oh and they are all more than ready to sue the stretch pants off you if your bike so much as touches them.

I'll bet you will be whining and complaining even if you are able to figure out how to come to a sudden stop without hurting yourself.

Of course you could slow to walking speed at every turn and possibly get run into by the rest of your bike loving folks...

Oh and yes try wanting to go to work and the main roads to your area are 45mph but some spandex clad bikers think that rush hour is the perfect time to get in their virtue signalling bike runs and force all the traffic to come to a crawl especially at key turnoffs.

I'd love to see a bunch of walkers do that to all the arrogant cyclists and see how they like their nice fancy weekend rides ruined by having to move at walking speed because folks decided walking in the road is nicer than walking on the sidewalk.
and you'd be wrong. *I* know that MUTS are MULTI USE paths. That's one of the reasons I don't like to ride them. The others were listed above.

You know why people ride when they do? They work just too and that's when they have time. No one I know 'virtue signals' when they're out riding, but assume away if it makes you feel more manly or something.

There's no guarantee that there's nothing around that blind corner or over that hill. Around here, that may be someone turning into their driveway. May be trees, deer, cows, etc over the crest of that hill. What then? You plow into a random something on the road and it's your fault, not the fault of the random something you just hit because you were outdriving your sightlines

The whining from drivers is astounding. Takes a few seconds to get around a cyclist safely most of the time but you'd think they were stuck behind grandma in her medicare sled for hours. Poor things.

M

This it what happen when 2 people are talking about a subject then a 3rd person who has no clue of the conversation joins in. The bikes you gave for your example are not even remotely close to the conversation we were having. I see you joined on 1-1-22 with 1900 posts already. Get off your computer and go experience life. Pathetic is the only word to describe you.
Of course...
Your limited capability of intellect again makes you deflect and think only possible correct answer is one you come up with.
Said limited intellect makes said answer defensive at best, and pathetic as a norm with a heavy dose of fantasy in any event.

No racist or similar comments

Of course...
Your limited capability of intellect again makes you deflect and think only possible correct answer is one you come up with.
Said limited intellect makes said answer defensive at best, and pathetic as a norm with a heavy dose of fantasy in any event.
But here I sit retired at 51 and you spend you days living online while I am enjoying life to the fullest. And your ending comments say all anyone need to know about you.

1660956041983.png

Keyword, PUBLIC .

Bicyclist for the most part are stupid as fuck and have zero situational awareness hence all the white bike monuments placed at different locations to mark there demise. But the thing that pisses me off the most is where a Harley is splitting lanes and he’s to a crawl and starts revving his motor so the cars will move over to fit his fat ass bike threw. How about you get a bike that can actually split lanes and stop being a total fucking idiot.