• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

At my wits end... need some help from my Fellow 'Hiders. Chicken Fried Steak!

Fixing breakfast in the tin teepee at a Renezvoux. Biscuits and Gravy with a fried egg.
07ADAC9E-5EC9-4F4D-84EF-2B52E360B57F.jpeg
43660FD2-0D46-4457-8D65-DE4D2BBD512F.jpeg

Shot three hogs over the weekend and immediately thought of this thread.

Cubed the backstraps then brined with salt, ginger and garlic overnight.

Double dredge with flour, egg/buttermilk, followed by seasoned flour, etc.

Hot oil in the cast iron...

Homemade garlic mashed potatoes and gravy.

My wife told me I need to go shoot more hogs. She asked, "these things just run around out there!? Go shoot more!"

Attachments

• 20221115_173338.jpg
    20221115_173338.jpg
    458.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 20221115_180505.jpg
    20221115_180505.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 35
Making progress…

Best CFS I have made yet. But I did cheat… final cooked in air fryer. And more of a “crumb” batter than flour. So apologies to the 'pros. But... baby steps!

But….pounding the meat was a major factor in success. All the crenellations and crevices made a major difference to how the batter stuck. And your egg and batter and coating tips… spot on.

Next we move to hot oil!
629D0095-21CA-41C1-BB55-E5BEA95ED160.jpeg

Its gonna work!

Sirhr

Last edited:
Looks pretty good! My son got his first deer recently and after aging it I asked him how he wanted it fixed. Of course fried was the answer so we did up another batch last night, it turned out really good.

Reactions: 502Chevelle
So how Much oil… what kind of oil… and temp? And kind of pan?

It’s my last remaining hurdle to doing justice
To CFS!!
Not so much oil that it goes over the top of the meat.

Temp will come with exp. I know it doesn't mean anything really but I started at 70% and reduced to 40% as I cooked.

691289129.705034public.jpeg

Vegetable or canola oil. Enough to cover about 1/2 of the way up the side (it will get higher as you add more meat. Heat until you can drop a little flour in and it immediately sizzles. Adjust temp as needed once you start.

Reactions: lash
Meat hammer has its place. Texas legend says CFS came as an adaptation of settler German schnitzel, pork pounded thin, battered and pan fried.

Another tip, buy a Jaccard meat tenderizer. The thingy that has all the little knives that come out and tenderize the meat. You can cube your own meat at home.
Now season your meat first. Maybe sprinkle with chopped jalapeños. THEN tenderize with the Jaccard. The tenderizer will drive the seasoning and/or jalapeños deep into the grain of the meat as it cubes. When you fry it you get all that flavor steaming into the meat under the batter. Next level. Not much trouble.

What kind of statin do you guys prefer?
kind of like "anti-depressants" that do nothing to treat depression?

However, there has been an ongoing debate about whether or not statins are over-prescribed. Does everyone who takes them really benefit from them? To find out, my colleagues and I found 21 relevant clinical trials and analysed the combined data (over 140,000 participants) in what is known as a meta-analysis.

We asked two questions: is it best to lower LDL cholesterol (sometimes known as “bad” cholesterol) as much as possible to reduce the risk of heart attack, stroke or premature death? And, how do the benefits of statins compare when it comes to reducing the risk of these events?

In answer to the first question, we found a surprisingly weak and inconsistent relationship between the degree of reduction in LDL cholesterol from taking statins and a person’s chance of having a heart attack or stroke, or dying during the trial period. In some trials, reductions in LDL cholesterol were associated with significant reductions in the risk of dying, but in others, reductions in LDL cholesterol did not reduce this risk.

This is an important finding because clinical guidelines have expanded the proportion of people eligible for statins as “ideal” LDL cholesterol levels were incrementally lowered. For example, one study estimated a 600% increase in eligibility for statins between 1987 and 2016.

Reactions: lash
chicken fried, as in battered and fried like yo ex. geez!

You guys are cute.

Rosuvastatin doesn’t interact with grapefruit, so Palomas are okay.

P