• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

At the $400 level, is the MRO all bad?

SquarePizza

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2012
NY
I spent some time doing some non-firing breaching exercises a few weeks ago and one of the rifles had an MRO on it. I was super impressed by how the optic just fell into place as I was bringing it to ready. It just so happened that the buttons on my Vrotex sparc died right after I got home and I have been considering switching it out for an MRO.

But it just seems like everyone talks major shit about them. Since it was night time I didn't notice any fishbowling, and I never got to put rounds through it, but I honestly didn't think it was terrible.

The aimpoint pro is huge and I'm not interested in a holosun chincom, and its just going on a 458 socom so I don't have the need for an LVPO.

Mine has been fine but it is on a SS 300BLK gun that I rarely shoot over 50yds so the parallax issues have not really been an issue. With how good other options are you may prefer another option.

I agree with the others. I have one, I picked it up after sending my Eotechs back for a refund years ago. I really like it, I like it more than the Eotechs I had. I have a aimpoint T2 as well, but I like the larger view of the MRO. I’m not sure what all the negative talk about them is, it does exactly what I want out of a sight like this. Perhaps some of those bashing it bought it off Chimazon…..I mean Amazon, and they got a good fake. Those complaining should focus on their targets more and less on the glass and they won’t be able to see the glass is not as good as a PMII………..

Lost count but I believe we have about six of these on various SBRs and carbines. We shoot a fair amount, never had any issues with them.

Work great for passive NV usage as well.

Reactions: black5.3
Where can you get an MRO for $400? I don’t need one but have wanted to try one and lazily been watching for a good deal. Also been keeping my eye out for a friend with disabilities and needs a forgiving optic to easily get behind.

Last few I've bought off Ebay or Primary Arms on sale for around that.

Reactions: Glassaholic
The parallax issue is there. I’ve had the MRO and MRD hd. Shooting slow fire or just basic straight up shooting they were fine. But in compromised positions you can move a shot 8-10” off target at 50 yards. An Aimpoint T1 or T2 in the same test moves 1” or so. If you only shoot where you can keep the dot and head position centered then it will be fine. I couldn’t deal with the parallax and sold them off.

For not a whole more money than $400 you could try out the aimpoint duty rds. It also comes with a mount. I love mine!

As much as it seems unpopular, the DeltaPoint Pro seems to be the easiest one for my eyes to just pick up right away without having to search for it.

I love to hate on it. At the price point they are 1st class garbage, and I say that having experience with them.

Work great for passive NV usage as well.
interesting, as this was a huge criteria for my last red dot and everyone steered me away from it for exactly this reason.

I’m not disagreeing with you as I never tried one, it’s just wild to see this as a positive here