• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sidearms & Scatterguns athletic concealed holster options

Maddyn

Private
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2010
Pac NW, WA
Hey all, looking for a little input on concealed holster options for my wife. I'm planning on getting her a snubnose 357/38 for concealed carry, but I know if the holster isn't comfortable and easy it probably won't get carried. The biggest issue is she is an athletic person, and doesn't carry a purse. Clothing is usually spandex type track pants or shorts, which seems to me would present a problem for carry.

Anyone have any suggestions on something that would work? I remember seeing some carry holster for women that hooked on a bra once, or she might go for a small clutch type wallet. suggestions?

Re: athletic concealed holster options

Holster is called a FlashBang. http://www.flashbangholster.com/

My sister just started using one and likes it pretty well so far, but I doubt it would be a great options for a jogger since it swings free.

I run a lot and find that a simple IWB holster worn on the waistband of my running pants is fine for a weapon that small...even for a ten-mile run. Snug waistband required. Only issue is possible sweat damage to the finish of the gun.

-The Kid.

Strong side IWB, woman's best friend. Have her try a a cheapo and see if she can carry like that. Then do a Milt sparks or bladetech.

I use an IWB with a jock strap when running... If she doesn't mind a little bulge that might work! lol

I know you said 38/357 and I agree that's best. Probably one of the solutions offered above is perfect.

But this is not a bad solution either:

http://technaclip.com/

I have one on my LCP. No I don't like the 380 much, but the ballistic gel tests have been impressive that I've seen. So for the ultimate in light and flat, give a 380 with a clip some consideration.

The Kangaroo holster or the 5.11 holster shirt might work.

Fanny pouch/water bottle set ups...

Asm1
Made me a kydex holster on here for my lcp that my wife carries a lot. She seems to like it and it's easy for her to conceal no matter how she dresses. I also use it when I'm running or wearing athletic attire. While I'd rather have a larger caliber any gun is better than none when you can't hide one.