• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlas Bi-Pod Junk???

Uh, so I asked not once but twice your name and you choose not to answer. You apparently read all the posts (I agree those are not nice names but I suppose they are gender neutral so no need to announce yours unless you just want to share) and I checked PM's nothing there.

So my opinion, based on my experience, is that what we must have here be a woman! The man-hating kind, about 6'2", big boned with little squeezing meat, rowdy hair underarm and atop her noggin with thick unkept toe-nails, but, it's the ears that catch your eye, you don't want to stare but those ears...I like all her other features.

What say you?

from the suppressor section....

My wife owns a class 3 store so I also get to shoot a few cans and as far as I can tell generally speaking the GemTech are the most quiet. Forgive me for sounding closed minded but.... as far as 22s go it's the only one I have shot in that caliber so I have nothing to compare to but I really can't imagine another suppressor being anymore quiet. JMO

as I said over there...awesome on so many levels

Actually, I am a WOMAN and one of the few class 3 dealers in the States..... I am not trying to promote my business or anything just wanted to know what your guys thoughts were on the Bipod.

One of you called me a "dick hole licker...." and another called me a "troll" nice way to speak to a lady.

Hey Frank, you let this kind of behavior go on your forum for asking a simple question????

To all the other members/gentlemen that gave their opinions.... I THANK YOU.

Good day

Calling someones product Junk, means that you are recommending that no one buy it. Saying that you are a dealer of that product and it is junk, means that you are so certain that it is such low quality junk that you are willing to go against your own financial self interest to warn prospective victims away from the junk. This is a blatent attempt to ruin a mans business for no reason. Your statements directly contradict the experience of most users..... You may be female gender
nice way to speak to a lady.
but you are no lady.

I get that. His business his rules and all. But bashing a product you sell on a public forum is kind of like cutting off your nose to spite your face. It doesn't make good business sense. Also if said product maker decides to not allow the basher to sell his products any longer, that would also be a case of his business his rules.

All very reasonable effects of his posts. He has a right to his opinion and they have a right to stop him from selling their product.

They are meant to have that play in them. Once you load it, it's solid... The Atlas also allows you to pan left and right so they have to have a joint that will allow that movement.

This, they load like no other because of it. I have my complaints about atlas and don't like them but it's not from a quality standpoint.

So just to clear the air we have a chunky, female, man hating, dick hole licker. We'll like others said a gay dick hole licker is a lot worse than a straight one. I for one am glad this worked out so well for you.

This thread is what the 'hide is all about, pure gold and one of the better ones I've seen in a while. I think I'll order an Atlas now myself, after all it can't have as much 'slop' in it
as the original bipod on my AI...

Epic thread. !

Epic isn't even close for this one. She says Atlas is junk then calls all of us that use and prefer them out saying we run our mouths. If that's not enough she then goes on to let us all know in every post that she is the only dealer in Nevada and lets not forget fellas she is a class 3 dealer. Kasey offers console her but she won't even reply to his request. And the best one out of all she calls out Lowlight for letting her get every post she deserves. With over 3100 views I don't think she's exactly got the Nevada Atlas market cornered. Way past Epic

I've never had the opportunity to try the atlas, I want to go buy one now. After all the fun there's been around this week it sounds like an atlas might be just the thing for a sniper rifle. All the alleged play in the legs should help manage the kinetic so the job can get done. Y'all know what I mean?
P.S. if "y'all "dont know what I mean check out the "wanting a sniper rifle" and "looking for a sniper rifle" threads in bolt guns. They're almost as fun as this one.

Actually, I am a WOMAN and one of the few class 3 dealers in the States..... I am not trying to promote my business or anything just wanted to know what your guys thoughts were on the Bipod.

One of you called me a "dick hole licker...." and another called me a "troll" nice way to speak to a lady.

Hey Frank, you let this kind of behavior go on your forum for asking a simple question????

Good day

So...your opening post starts off..."Before all you guys that tend to ride what ever trend is hot and start running your mouths"
And you're upset about being called a troll??
A little thinned skinned aren't you missey??
Or just hypocritical?? (in big boy terms, read that as 'bitchy')
And please do tell the name of your 'store'...I for one want to be sure I never spend my money there.

Last edited:
i love my atlas...ive had to drop down on rough terrain or awkward positions and get off shots in a hurry and when i get done ive noticed my bipod was canted all the way to one side and the legs rotated all the way in one direction...never caused an issue with accuracy because of the swivel ball, the rifle can still recoil straight back...i own a harris also but i could never do that on a harris as quickly and without muscling the rifle. i like the play in the legs because of the added versatility and when its loaded up its sturdy as it would ever need to be

Shooting front support prone either Atlas or Harris work, it becomes personal preference and budget. Get out of prone and start using bipods on barricades and other field positions sometimes not even deploying bipod legs out, but using the feet and legs for push/pull support for positional stability off of structures , Atlas out performs Harris all day long.

May I propose the follwing:

Perhaps Frank could modify this and 'award' those people who wholeheartedly deserve recognition....?

All you SUPER Sensitive members give open discussion and forum talk a BAD name. Re-read the my original post.... it was a question and a opinion.

I am "unprofessional" if I do not agree with you all or what's hot??? Hmmm so be it.

By the way TACTICAL, you spell "dumb" NOT dum dipshit. Check your post

That is how I spelled it. Check your reading comprehension Typically anyone can find typos in my written work because of some real fun nerve damage in my arm/hand but that has nothing to do with calling a persons hard work. That is dumb and low class.

Yes the Harris appears more stable at first because it has the springs but it is no where near as tough as the Atlas. I have broken several Harris bipods in F TR Comps, loading them with my slightly larger than normal body. Not muscle loading, body position loading as it should be.

Lastly throwing the Lady Card means you have to act like a Lady not some trailer park trash cleaner

Now Kasey will tell you I don't run an Atlas bipod because I am sponsored by another bipod company but that does not make it very good. The Atlas is very good and Kasey is one heck of a good guy.

Last edited:
I should note,

I get a lot of requests to, "save me from my poor decisions" when it comes to posting and online[FONT=arial, sans-serif] Etiquette. People have questionable communication skills and then expect me to fix their mistakes, well I have retired from that business as it always became, "everyone else's fault".

How you say things, especially online, matters. Adding a question mark to an insult does not make it a question as many have noted. This is especially true on a forum that is full of people who successfully employ the product and where the company that makes the products resides. The fact you can speak directly to Kasey @ B&T is big. When any manufacturer chooses to participate they do so at a higher degree of risk, so we all should be especially mindful of their presences here. While you may think you are being cute or funny, even a bit "edgy" many others don't see it that way.

Now, I highly doubt we'll see a return from the original poster, but I think people need to be reminded of this. Supporting those who support the community is important, so while you might think you're saying something that doesn't cross any line. Ask yourself how you would feel if the same thing was being said about you. Does, " Lady Nevada Class 3 Dealer Suck ? " sound like something you want to read, or "What is your opinion of the Atlas ? " better than using the word Junk ?
[/FONT]

might i recommend wrapping a tampon around one leg of an atlas(or both, depending on size of gash) and inserting it into said "woman" parts?

Seriously, I don't know the word I want to use so here's several, I'm grateful, indebted and appreciative for the support and patronage we get from SH members. It seems like whenever a thread gets posted such as this, someone sends me an email about it and every time you guys are giving solid advice and suggestions to the sincere and sniffing out the insincere. This is why we do the SH intros, is that B&T grew up here and we consider SH and it's members part of our history and we appreciate it. This is not to say in any way we only appreciate those that spend their money with us, or support our products. In fact there are several members that have absolutely made it clear our products do not work for them and promote competitive products for valid reasons. I respect their opinions, and can talk with them about pros/cons and learn from it with zero hard feelings. So from my chair, its not just about the business, its about the shooting and the community and as such I'm always interested in objective feedback on our products to improve the experience.

Tactical- I didn't know Rocky Ridge Bipods sponsored you! LOL Seriously, the Atlas has been used in more way than I ever dreamed and in no way was it designed for F-class at the level your shooting. I hope the 5-H will be worth considering for that discipline.

Lowlight- I can only imagine what fills your plate up and I'm glad it's your plate as you do a better job at it than I could. I appreciate your observation, it's true and I've seen industry people leave here for a variety of reasons and I certainly get counseled about the risks of my "involvement". But honest and sincere discourse wins the day and I'll not shy away from that. So it's is I that is privileged to be part of this community, I can't interact with all our customers but SH allows that opportunity. So kudos to you for your vision and execution of this site.

VJJPunisher- Thats no way to treat an Atlas bipod and doing so voids all warranties!!!

As a side-note, still no PM from OP, I'm out.

Kasey your dedication to this site was one of the main reasons I made the switch to your products years ago. Like Frank said in an earlier post the chance to interact with you here on the Hide is a huge accent to us all. The fact that you stand behind what you sell is why we all stand behind you and your company. Its not about what everybody else is doing or current trends in the precision shooting community, its about supporting a good guy with a sence of humor and a willingness to listen. Thanks for your support.

Oh! By the way... Last I checked I/ was the ONLY authorized Atlas dealer in the State of Nevada. www.facebook.com/locknloadelko

The beauty of Internet commerce is that now folks can buy their Atlas products from another dealer. Once they do that, they will no longer look to you for anything.

Being an opinionated vendor is a very bad for business. You can easily be written off if folks don't agree with your position. You may have noted that most folks don't agree with your position.

If you don't like their products, just stop selling them.

If a "dealer" does not like a product, it means absolutely nothing but joy if the product sells…if a "dealer" jumps online to arbitrarily bash a product that they "carry" on a forum where said product is revered by industry professionals, then I would wager that said "dealer" is, in all actuality, the competition in the same market who purchased product, if not even dealer rights, in an attempt to clone or copy an industry standard (the Atlas). Expect a "better" (*do please read as inferior — due to my very much implied sarcasm that definitely gets lost in type) bipod outta this "authority" soon.

The Atlas is the shit.

PERIOD.

If a "dealer" does not like a product, it means absolutely nothing but joy if the product sells…if a "dealer" jumps online to arbitrarily bash a product that they "carry" on a forum where said product is revered by industry professionals, then I would wager that said "dealer" is, in all actuality, the competition in the same market who purchased product, if not even dealer rights, in an attempt to clone or copy an industry standard (the Atlas). Expect a "better" (*do please read as inferior — due to my very much implied sarcasm that definitely gets lost in type) bipod outta this "authority" soon.

The Atlas is the shit.

PERIOD.

It amazes me how little some people know about the products they're selling. I can't tell you how many times I've asked a dealer about firearm x, located on the shelf behind them normally, and they either made some bullshit answer up or just had no idea what I was even asking. A "dealer" opinion still classifies as a general opinion, and opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one, and yours stinks. Atlas and junk never belong in the same sentence.

The picture of the tactical wifebeater is what really seals the deal for me.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading"

-- Unknown

I switched to an Atlas bipod because I wasn't crazy about how rigid the Harris was. I was able to shoot some pretty decent groups with it. It was a v7 that I got from another member here and since I now have a PSR, the v7 went back to the original owner for a new build. Any future rifle that gets built will have an Atlas on it because of it's versatility (there have been many examples already in this thread). This thread and how Kasey has conducted himself is just more reason to stick with Atlas. Can't beat a manufacturer that actually takes customer feedback and incorporates it into new products. Thanks for the PSR from the Group Buy Kasey. It helped me ring steel at 700 yds a couple weeks ago....my first time shooting at that distance! (don't flame me, I'm a beginner....lol)

Oh....and kudos to Lowlight's EPIC responses to the OP. :D

I don't know about anyone else but this thread got me hard as a rock. I love bat shit crazy females...just ask my wife.

OK Big Boy(Lowlight).... enough said. A LOT of overly sensitive guys out there. I'll be sure to state a question VERY delicate next time as to NOT hurt any guys feelers. To ALL the other Guys that had useful feed back to give thank you.

My wife owns a class 3 store so I also get to shoot a few cans and as far as I can tell generally speaking the GemTech are the most quiet. Forgive me for sounding closed minded but.... as far as 22s go it's the only one I have shot in that caliber so I have nothing to compare to but I really can't imagine another suppressor being anymore quiet. JMO

Good day

You post my wife owns a store,,then you post you are (were) a woman and own a store.

This may have the Tactical Rifles threads beat as far as my new favorite thing to read when i want a good laugh.

“Eventually, we would like to offer self-defense classes, especially women-only classes” “Not all women want to sit in a class full of men. We want it to be more laid back.”
Translation: "We're tired of being made to feel like the idiots we act like, are even more tired of men holding us accountable for the stupid shit flying out of our mouths, and we know we aren't alone. There is a sea of stupid man-hating dick butchers and professional wallet destroyers out there that we can have pay money to listen to our ridiculous shit right now, because it's trendy."

Holy happy hairy hippopotamus shit. I laughed so hard reading that article that I almost choked on my tongue. I bet the fact that Atlas bipods are no longer in stock REALLY bothers those zombie slaying apocalypse prepping dipshits they are aiming their business model at.

Last edited:
ville.jpg

Personally I love my harris and my atlas. I recently put an lra pm my xlr chassis and plan to buy more as soon as I vsqn afford to drop $450 per unit. Its the most solid setup I own and I love the lower center of gravity.

The slop in the Atlas bipod can be compared with the slop in an AR style rifle. Most AR's are sloppy joes and no one complains about that and everyone says it makes no difference. I personally would have liked to see less slop in anything from women to my rifles, some guys like slop.

the once-ler - I'll leave your comments about slop as it pertains to your experience with women alone. I will say that the Atlas has evolved from the initial intro to the current offerings and will continue to do so. In fact, the Atlas "PSR" came about from end users of the V8 that wanted changes to satisfy a military requirement including tighter tolerances, beefier materials and non-rotating legs. So at least with the Atlas line of bipods you can buy more or less slop....:)

Kasey, could these bipods me made with extremely tight tolerances? and what would the pros and cons be of constructing them that way?

I'm not sure what your asking, my initial thought was to have enough tolerance in the functions to allow dirt/sand to be cleared. As the Atlas has evolved the basic design has changed as have the tolerances. The PSR has tighter inner/outer leg tolerance, non-rotating legs, increased pivot boss size, deeper tensions knob scallops and a few other enhancements resulting in a "tighter" bipod.

pros and cons? Application and field of use. Mechanical watches have some very tight tolerances, as such they are incased and protected from the elements, the main part, the Balance Staff will reside in "shock-proof" jewels. Open that watch up and let is be exposed to common dust for a day and your losing time. The other end, sand bags, never heard anyone ask about the tolerance of a sand bag (now the sewers have tolerances but you get my drift). But no matter where when or how it'll function as a sand bag. We strive to be between the two.

In the end, the bipod, ANY bipod is a rest, a support for a firearm, nothing more or less. The tolerance, if consistent should give consistent support. Some shooters look at any movement in a bipod and say whoa! look at that!!! And proceed to shoot poorly and of course its because of the bipod. Yet a 16 YO girl can shoot the same rifle/bipod combo and set a record for 1 mile. Perception and focus of ones concentration being the difference.

So what you're saying Kasey is that in a world of intolerance, the support system of your bipod provides stable footing in a divisive microcosm of society as a whole? Take that Socrates. I'm going to call up the She-man men haters gun club and order a Zombie Green Caldwell for my 18lb 338.