• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlas bipod for bench only

Cuzz

Amory Ms
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2018
North East Mississippi , near Amory
I have recently purchased a vudoo-mpa and i really like it. All my shooting will be off of a bench. i won’t need to pan but i will need to get cant out of rifle then lock the bipod cant. Which atlas bipod do y’all recomend?
thanks

Regular CAL will be just fine.
The LW17 comes with a QD clamp for Pic rails.

Edit to add, if it has NC, it has no clamp and you will need to buy a clamp system from them, RRS, or Area 419.

Reactions: Cuzz
I have recently purchased a vudoo-mpa and i really like it. All my shooting will be off of a bench. i won’t need to pan but i will need to get cant out of rifle then lock the bipod cant. Which atlas bipod do y’all recomend?
thanks
20190511_190027.jpg20200111_163101.jpg

CAL and SCAL
I think I prefer the SCAL , but only had it out once. More choices in feet for the CAL. Both will do the job.

I haven’t found the super cal yet but midway has 2 cal’s. One is LW17 and one is not, can you tell me the difference other than $60.00?

Yeah the Super was a blind pre order you would have to wait for the official release. Also the difference is in the clamps between the Lw and the other. They have a pretty serious set price so you aren't really going to find a better deal shopping around and getting a authentic Atlas. SO its worth it just to go direct and those guys/girls are awesome to deal with.

Reactions: Mxridr
Get 5H or wait for SCAL if it's only from bench. Not sure about bench but for my rifle and shooting prone SCAL is more stable than CAL. That's not to say that CAL is not stable but SCAL is just more stable. Shooting from bench should be the same

If you are a Veteran you can contact B&T Industries via e-mail regarding their military discount program and order the Atlas CAL, or SCAL from them directly off their web site, that will save you a few bucks and insure you get the real thing. Kasey's outfit provides top notch customer service.

Reactions: Mxridr
Well as usual, i got in too big a hurry. bt65 cal lw 17. I was in natl. guard, barely a vet.
Hey, long as you served your time on active service brother. Where did you order it?

Then you still did better than many. What kind of glass do you have on that rig?

Sounds like you're well on your way, next time you're looking for glass check out Vortex for ExpertVoice which will give you access to other veteran's discounts too.

Reactions: kai24
I posted this in the Rimfire==>Vudoo thread in answer to a request... anyway, here's my Vudoo/MPA with Atlas BT65-NC CAL ($239) with RRS BTC-Pro ARCA clamp ($70). Ordered both from Mile High. Had it in three business days. There are plenty here who will scream Heresy!!! but I don't find it all that much more solid off a bench than my Harris HBRMS bipod with Pod-Loc and the RRS HC-Pro ARCA adapter. More solid, yes. A hundred dollars' price difference more solid? Your preference may well say "yes." Or not.

Both Atlas and Harris model differentiation is pretty opaque. The Atlas BT65-NC is the CAL model with Pod-Loc as standard and no clamp at all, hence the RRS clamp.
BZMQrS%hQ36mKFxm3suYMA_thumb_2be.jpg

I posted this in the Rimfire==>Vudoo thread in answer to a request... anyway, here's my Vudoo/MPA with Atlas BT65-NC CAL ($239) with RRS BTC-Pro ARCA clamp ($70). Ordered both from Mile High. Had it in three business days. There are plenty here who will scream Heresy!!! but I don't find it all that much more solid off a bench than my Harris HBRMS bipod with Pod-Loc and the RRS HC-Pro ARCA adapter. More solid, yes. A hundred dollars' price difference more solid? Your preference may well say "yes." Or not.

Both Atlas and Harris model differentiation is pretty opaque. The Atlas BT65-NC is the CAL model with Pod-Loc as standard and no clamp at all, hence the RRS clamp.
View attachment 7227884
Purdy rifle, i plan to run my legs on 45 degree, i think this will be steadier unless the legs spring or bend.

Super Cal.. Or the Cal will work fine also.

This is an image posted in the blind thread.

img_20200111_112546-jpg.7224051

Attachments

• IMG_2745.jpg
    IMG_2745.jpg
    646.9 KB · Views: 66
SCAL. I love my CAL but the extra width of the SCAL would be perfect for my purposes. I'll probably sell my CAL after a while and pick one up.

Reactions: SonicBurlap
Does somebody with a bt65 lw17 cal have time to measure the outside of footprint with legs at shortest and at 45 degree?

Atlas BT65-NC CAL (legs same as lw17) footprint width, measured to OUTSIDE of the standard rubber feet, rounded up to nearest 1/8":
90 degrees45 degrees
Legs short9 5/8"7 7/8"
Legs fully extended12 7/8"10.0"

Just bought a scal off member on hide and thoroughly impressed. Not sure about field matches but anything else this thing is incredibly stable

SCAL is solid on the bench

Attachments

• 1C502525-DC86-4CB5-87B6-69DB71B365C7.jpeg
    1C502525-DC86-4CB5-87B6-69DB71B365C7.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 114
I bought the bt65 lw 17 the only problem is that the cant lock doesn’t lock. As i move from one side of a target to the other, i like to lean the rifle to pick up a foot to relieve stress. When i lean the rifle i change cant because cant lock doesn’t really lock. The lever works, it will go from floppy to tight but not locked, Im afraid this is normal.

I bought the bt65 lw 17 the only problem is that the cant lock doesn’t lock. As i move from one side of a target to the other, i like to lean the rifle to pick up a foot to relieve stress. When i lean the rifle i change cant because cant lock doesn’t really lock. The lever works, it will go from floppy to tight but not locked, Im afraid this is normal.
Mine is the same. It doesn't lock up like my Harris.

Odd that nobody mentioned that it wont lock up. I’m still hopeing that there is a way to lock a $300 bipod.
I just called Atlas, by his instructions, i took the locking lever off and tightened a locknut underneath it, i believe the locknut is gona solve my problem. Thanks BT industries!

I just called Atlas, by his instructions, i took the locking lever off and tightened a locknut underneath it, i believe the locknut is gona solve my problem. Thanks BT industries!
So the tension will be controlled by a lock nut and NOT the lever?

:D
So the tension will be controlled by a lock nut and NOT the lever?
According to how much you tighten the lock nut. I’m just learning but it seems that you can get it tighter with the lock nut than with the lever. He told me that the only thing that too tight would do is strip threads, its a small bolt, BE CAREFUL.

if you are only going to use the bipod for benchrest why not use one designed for that use ? something like the Rempel ? being able to accurately adjust the elevation is really addictive....

Rempel was just an example of a good bipod designed for F-Class/benchrest/prone ie not a tactical bipod. They are more stable and normally allow you to micro-adjust the height and the cant.
other examples are available from:
Tier One
SEB
Sinclair
Dolphin