• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlas Bipod Question

Ts1

Private
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2001
Denver, CO
I finally decided to pull the plug and get a Atlas due to the rave reviews here on the Hide. When I got the Bipod yesterday, I too was very impressed with the build quality. After I plugged the bipod in (AI/AW) I noticed that the legs were extremely stiff to move through their range of motion. Now the legs are extremely loose after initial manipulation. In the front 45 degree position, the leg collapses under the weight of the rifle. I have contacted Kasey as well and will give him time to respond on a possible solution.

Have any of you noticed the same thing?

Re: Atlas Bipod Question

I have only heard of one other person that had that problem.

Make sure that the legs are engaged all the way into the stops. It may be a little tight at first, but should get better quikly.

If not, Kasey will take care of you.

The problem is that mine loosened up significantly after 5 minutes of moving the legs. I wasn't even firing the rifle. There is almost no resistence at all.

I try to buy from vendors on the Hide and am not worried in the least bit that my problem will go unsolved.

Is there a way to damage the legs by just moving them through their arc?

Mine still feels like new but I've only got about 700 rounds or so on it. Nice, tight and smooth.

Hi,
I just try to figure out which bipod would be the best for my new rifle (cal.408 CheyTac with McMillan A5) I consider GG&G, Accu-Shot and Tango Down. Any suggestions?

Regards,

Jurek

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ts1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....... In the front 45 degree position, the leg collapses under the weight of the rifle. ..... </div></div>

That happened also to me while shooting with my AI AWM , they both collapsed one after the other under the rifle weight , Kasey what you can suggest to fix this problem please ?

PP out

It sounds like the legs are not locked into position, or are in between positions. When you set them at 45, do you feel them retract backwards, locking them in? What you are experiencing definitely should not be happening. Kasey will iron it out I am sure.

Yes, I can see the leg definitely in the notch as well as feel it snap into place. However, little resistence to keep it there.

PP, I'm wondering if the recoil is enough to disengage the legs...I have not experienced this so maybe it is a matter of shooting style. Whatever the cause it is not acceptable. Give me some time to sort it out and I'll let you know.

Kasey ,
the recoil was from a 338Lm shooting a 250gr Scenar bullet , it was a big one but nothing compared to a .50 cal , thanks so much however for your help,
PP out

Hey Kasey ,

any news about the possibility to fix the problem ?

Thanks,
PP out

PP, working on it my friend, working on it.

Ts1, I have your bipod, it is obvious what has happened and instead of posting my findings here, I'll PM you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PP, working on it my friend, working on it. </div></div>

Kasey , having met you in person , beeing in touch with you from a long time ago and knowing your stuff quality & customer care I have not got any dubt about that my friend , I'll wait for your head up , thank you .

PP out

I have been in touch with Kasey and he is getting me squared away and repairing my bipod. Great service. Turns out I screwed it up. Kasey has said there is a small percentage of users that made the same mistake as I did. What happened was that I forced the leg rotation through their arc shearing some of the metal off the leg where it meets the notches. I did not get the part of extending the leg prior to extension. After reading that others found the mechanism a little stiff initially I proceeded to force the legs more than I should have. Well, in the end, this left the legs unable to suppot the rifle because the there was no positive surface to engage in the notches because of the damage caused.

Kasey has taken pics and can post them if he wishes. Maybe this post will help others who may experience the same issue and remember reading this post before damaging their bipod.

Lesson here: don't force the legs and buy a quality product with quality customer service. I am glad that I did the latter two.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ts1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been in touch with Kasey and he is getting me squared away and repairing my bipod. Great service. Turns out I screwed it up. Kasey has said there is a small percentage of users that made the same mistake as I did. What happened was that I forced the leg rotation through their arc shearing some of the metal off the leg where it meets the notches. I did not get the part of extending the leg prior to extension. After reading that others found the mechanism a little stiff initially I proceeded to force the legs more than I should have. Well, in the end, this left the legs unable to suppot the rifle because the there was no positive surface to engage in the notches because of the damage caused.

Kasey has taken pics and can post them if he wishes. Maybe this post will help others who may experience the same issue and remember reading this post before damaging their bipod.

Lesson here: don't force the legs and buy a quality product with quality customer service. I am glad that I did the latter two. </div></div>

I almost did the same things, as the directions were minimal, and I always brutalize things when I can't figure them out. Low and behold, my wife touched it once, and voila, legs pivot. Felt like an arse.

Can somebody post more information on the correct method in which to pivot the legs properly?
laugh.gif

Thanks,
- Koshy

Ts1, Like I said, no matter how small the percentage, I want our customers to be satisfied and this is an area we can do better in so we will.

Koshy, pull the leg like your pulling a jammed finger, it'll dis-engage the lugs and allow rotation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ts1, Like I said, no matter how small the percentage, I want our customers to be satisfied and this is an area we can do better in so we will.

Koshy, pull the leg like your pulling a jammed finger, it'll dis-engage the lugs and allow rotation. </div></div>

Okay, and I guess both legs are independent of each other?

Thanks,
- Koshy

Ts1, thanks for taking one for the team. Your input will help us all.

Kasey, thanks for being a class act and not airing Ts1's issue in public. You are a true professional and I look forward to dealing with you in the future.

Koshy,

Yes, both legs are independant. Pull the leg straight out from the swivel point and adjust, release and allow it to fully engage at the new position.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Koshy,

Yes, both legs are independant. Pull the leg straight out from the swivel point and adjust, release and allow it to fully engage at the new position. </div></div>

Okay thanks
smile.gif

Hi Kasey ,
a good solution was found here in Italy to fix that problem , from my knowledge you should be already informed about that , what do you think about ?
PP out

Not trying to hijack the thread but I have a couple questions about the Atlas bi-pod. I am using a stock Rem 700 VS .22-250 for varmit hunting. All it has is a single sling stud up front. Will the Atlas attach to a single sling stud? Looking at the website it looks like I need some sort of rail to attach the bi-pod to. Also when extending the legs are there presets at certain heights like the Harris bipod with leg notches or is it like the Harris bipod without leg notches?

When i got my bipod at first, i missed that part with the arrows pulling the legs down to rotate the legs too... I thought that for this piece with no springs, it shouldn't be harder than my harris to rotate? so i didn't force it and i'm glad i re-read the directions. Whew...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ts1, thanks for taking one for the team. Your input will help us all.

Kasey, thanks for being a class act and not airing Ts1's issue in public. You are a true professional and I look forward to dealing with you in the future. </div></div>

Big +1 Very classy!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pinco Palla</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Kasey ,
a good solution was found here in Italy to fix that problem , from my knowledge you should be already informed about that , what do you think about ?
PP out
</div></div>

Hi Kasey ,

did not see any reply from you , however the bipod problem is fixed , no help needed anymore .

thanks.
PP out

I have and Atlas on a Noveske SPR and it is of the highest quality. When initially purchasing it over the phone from Kasey, our conversation went on for over 20 min. and I missed the exit off the interstate for my work! I was impressed that he took that much time for just one person. Thanks for caring about your customers, Kasey!

P.S From a former Air Force prospective, it might be necessary in the future to make special instructions for former and active Marines as well as Army 11B. (sorry guys, couldnt help it!)

Hey im an AD Marine, and didnt have no problems figuring them out, also watched a bunch of Rangers run them without problems
smile.gif
but they are Marine Proof if that tells you guys anything

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey im an AD Marine, and didnt have no problems figuring them out, also watched a bunch of Rangers run them without problems
smile.gif
but they are Marine Proof if that tells you guys anything </div></div>

Really? Because I have heard of a company that wouldn't take them over Harris...

I said, "May I ask what you didn't like about them? Was there some specification you felt they fell short on?"

Response was, "Can’t discuss the details due to military and law enforcement requirements and specifications."

I still bought an Atlas, and I figured they were just trying to sell me a Harris, but still made me go hmmm! Also rather deal with Kasey
smile.gif

Thanks,
- Koshy

I was having trouble finding one..... but found two at Rifles Only. I bought one last night so they may have one left if anyone is still looking.

Shaggyless, Thanks, being as transparent as possible, I appreciate candor, it's not always easy to hear, but I strive towards a positive result so if taken correctly and applied we end up with better products which is my desire.

Pinco Palla, sorry, I did not see your post here, I don't check this forum daily (I try to check PM's daily but fail there as well). Yes they shared their leg alteration, as always those guys do great work (must be in the blood, or maybe water? LOL) however, I don't see that as an answer that works in dynamic situations and believe there is a better solution, thus my request for your patience.

NoveSPR, I appreciate your business and conversation and will never take any customer for granted.

Koshy, I would love to know what military and law enforcement requirements and specifications the Atlas falls short on according to that "company". FYI, the reason you had to hunt for an Atlas is due to the shortage caused by several military orders we were honored with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Koshy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey im an AD Marine, and didnt have no problems figuring them out, also watched a bunch of Rangers run them without problems
smile.gif
but they are Marine Proof if that tells you guys anything </div></div>

Really? Because I have heard of a company that wouldn't take them over Harris...

I said, "May I ask what you didn't like about them? Was there some specification you felt they fell short on?"

Response was, "Can’t discuss the details due to military and law enforcement requirements and specifications."

I still bought an Atlas, and I figured they were just trying to sell me a Harris, but still made me go hmmm! Also rather deal with Kasey
smile.gif

Thanks,
- Koshy

</div></div>

i was trying to add a little humor to the post.
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shaggyless, Thanks, being as transparent as possible, I appreciate candor, it's not always easy to hear, but I strive towards a positive result so if taken correctly and applied we end up with better products which is my desire.

Pinco Palla, sorry, I did not see your post here, I don't check this forum daily (I try to check PM's daily but fail there as well). Yes they shared their leg alteration, as always those guys do great work (must be in the blood, or maybe water? LOL) however, I don't see that as an answer that works in dynamic situations and believe there is a better solution, thus my request for your patience.

NoveSPR, I appreciate your business and conversation and will never take any customer for granted.

Koshy, I would love to know what military and law enforcement requirements and specifications the Atlas falls short on according to that "company". FYI, the reason you had to hunt for an Atlas is due to the shortage caused by several military orders we were honored with.

</div></div>

I'm glad the Military is hearing about, and liking your product... I wish I could tell you what their explanation was for not carrying it... whatever the case, I went with my gut and purchased one... seeing all the positive feedback here and other places did helped to though
laugh.gif
Also your honesty and helpfulness also makes a world of difference in my mind.

Thanks,
- Koshy

I'm interested in the Atlas as well. But, I'm a little concerned about the problems that Pinco is having. I too would be mounting it to an AI AWSM .338LM. Should I wait until these issues are resolved?

Also, how well does the AI bipod adaptor work? Does it still allow the rifle to cant back and forth like the factory bipod does? Or is there a tension device that helps to tighten it up?