• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlas feet?

Knight6

Minuteman
Nov 29, 2012
California, USA
Just bought an Atlas bipod. Wondering about the need for feet. Obviously the spikes and cleats have their uses. Does anyone think either are particularly useful? I have had spikes before on Harris pods as they tend to slip and move more easily, however not so sure with the Atlas. I can and do shoot off almost all surfaces - earth/grass, sand, rock, concrete etc. would be interested in opinions and if spikes or cleats are better.

Thanks!

Yes. I learned also that I was over exhagerating loading the bipod which would cause it to slide. Work a little on the prone technique is all it took to fix. I hardly ever put my spike feet on now though

I bought cleats for my Atlas thinking that they may grip old 2x6 wood plank benches at they local range. They didn't work good at all, when preloading they try to pop up and roll. So went back to the rubber feet. I think they cleats may be great for other terrain and positions though.

Been wanting to try some spikes on my Atlas but alot of the country we hunt is rocky and they don't seem suited for that terrain.

Agree not so useful on rocks, sometimes, but could be carried in care, I was hoping to see it the cleat feet were some king of good intermediate or whether they are a bit redundant it u you have rubber feet and a set of spikes. Also I am not sure the use for the ice feet?

I also prefer the Spiked feet. They even dig in to a bench well enough to rotate the rifle right and left in controllable fashion without moving at all. I tried the claw feet and really didn't like them. They are all over the place when the bipod was folded up and noisy as hell. I'd definitely go spiked first and keep the rubber feet for a back up.

I bought the CLEATS and the extensions for shooting here in Utah.

Works great, except for in the rocks, then its TOO EASY to get an extended leg in a bind between rocks.

I love them cleats - I don't shoot from benches & tables though.

I shoot from the ground on public land with no range fees (other than yearly income tax!).

~Will

Hey guys, great input (wish I didn't have range fees, but they are not too heavy!). Thanks loads for your views. Think I will start with spikes and maybe get some leg extenders.

Detroitrearview, nice Desert tech. It's on my list! Wish I was not in CA would have a suppressor in a heartbeat. Do you see much performance difference with it?

Ive got the spikes and cleats and I found that the cleats, SUCK they roll and get pushed inward and start acting like wheels and its bullshit. the spikes are great though

Detroitrearview, nice Desert tech. It's on my list! Wish I was not in CA would have a suppressor in a heartbeat. Do you see much performance difference with it?

huge diff, love shooting suppressed - less noise/recoil; the only thing I do not shoot suppressed are my revolvers and shotguns

My wife and I are headed out in the morning again to ring some steel!

DetroitRearView, one more question on the effect of suppression. Does it affect / how does it affect the distance you can reach out to or the performance of the cartridge you use against unsuppressed?

Hope you had a great day shooting!

I ran the spikes the HSSS made on both my atlas and harris bipods for a little while. I loved them for some things and not so much for others.

The spikes HSSS makes are the best out there. Just depends what your going to be doing.