• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Attacr 1/8 opinions

No, the Vortex 1-6 is so awsome and only 946 at EuroOptic. Soon Vortex may come out with a 1-8 then everyone will have to drop their price on their 1-8x.

No, the Vortex 1-6 is so awsome and only 946 at EuroOptic. Soon Vortex may come out with a 1-8 then everyone will have to drop their price on their 1-8x.
Its going on a mk12SPR so I'm pretty set on at least 1/8 I can get an nx 8 for 1500
Really like the toughness rep nightforce carries

Its going on a mk12SPR so I'm pretty set on at least 1/8 I can get an nx 8 for 1500
Really like the toughness rep nightforce carries
Really looking for someone who is familiar with the difference in the assembly process between the nx8 and the attacr
But I appreciate all opinions

I'm looking at picking up either the NX8 or ATACR as well.

Money isn't a factor but the weight and balance is.

The eye box issue on the NX8 worries me but I can't figure out if its people just talking like they do with tunneling on a S&B at 5-7 which isn't a issue at all or if the eye box is really that tight on the NX8

I'm looking at picking up either the NX8 or ATACR as well.

Money isn't a factor but the weight and balance is.

The eye box issue on the NX8 worries me but I can't figure out if its people just talking like they do with tunneling on a S&B at 5-7 which isn't a issue at all or if the eye box is really that tight on the NX8
That was one concern with nx8 which isn't an issue with the attacr, I guess I'm hoping for other attacr owners to tell me the extra money bought toughness for the extra cash????

My ATACR will be here tomorrow; so will the QD SPUHR mount. The ATACR was my preference based on requirements for an easy eye-box and a larger tube when paired with my PVS-30. Other than those two reasons, it could have easily been a coin toss. I'm also a S&B guy, and the ATACR 8x adds diversity to my safe :)

Reactions: texag0842
I typically just shoot S&B as well but for my mission this is going in a 16" KAC SR15 so I wonder if the ATACR adding say 31oz with mount to a 6.55lbs rifle is worth it.

Hmmmm, Im going against the tide I guess....

I just bought an Acog TA33 to replace a USO 1-8X on my 16 inch LMT.

Mostly Im just wanting to satisfy my curiosity regarding what the ACOG has to offer but I also think my ARs are over scoped for how I use them and what I think they should be.

The real issue is my .308 AR mounts an S&B PMII 5-25. Too much scope, Ive been wanting to down size.

The .308 will be getting the 1-8X from the .223. A 2-10X would be ideal but the 1-8 will have to do as that is what I have.

1-8X works well on the 16 inch carbine but I ask myself what is a 16 inch carbine supposed to be? My answer was not a bipod mounted big scoped precision rifle.

Hoping the TA33 will give me light weight and handiness. supposedly the TA33 doesnt suffer the eye relief issues of the issue Acogs, Ill find out.

So what does this have to do with NightForce 1-8X - nothing. Just throwing it out there to consider asking yourself is 1-8X really what you want?

As a Mk12 and you actually want to use it at 700 yards plus than yeah sure.

My problem now is what do I mount my loose S&B 5-25 on?

I came here to make you aware of the Sage Dynamics review on YouTube. He had reviewed both and goes over the differences in the atacar review

Wow! That review was tough to watch...could have accomplished the same thing in 5 minutes. Anyway, I feel this would be a great SPR scope. I have a NF 2.5-10x42 on mine and it works great out to 750-800 yards...this scope being 2x less but with superior glass should do as well or better. I'd love to run one on a SCAR 17.

Really looking for someone who is familiar with the difference in the assembly process between the nx8 and the attacr
But I appreciate all opinions
The ATACR 1-8 will have ED glass, a 34 MM body tube, and a larger diopter. The NX8 has Zero Stop and a smaller more compact design and size.

I say yes. I run a bunch of optics including the TA33 which is the ultimate gp optic but it's no where near as versitle. You can get one brand new with a quality mount for $2500 from a hide vendor. Yes it's expesnive but there is no lpv that comes close to the features. IF the NX8 could be had in a real reticle it would be harder to pass on, but NF knows this as well.

I have not been behind one but the coarse .5moa/.2mil windage and elevation adjustments plus the 1+ moa center dot kind of turns me off. I realize this is not meant to be a pinpoint precision optic and probably works perfectly well for its intended purpose but I'd still like to see those 2 things change.

I have not been behind one but the coarse .5moa/.2mil windage and elevation adjustments plus the 1+ moa center dot kind of turns me off. I realize this is not meant to be a pinpoint precision optic and probably works perfectly well for its intended purpose but I'd still like to see those 2 things change.
Attacr has .1 miles adjustments

I have one on an LMT MWS.

I also wouldn't mind a smaller center dot, and perhaps even thinner quadrant sections on the 2 MIL center, but I don't know how any of those measurements may or may not affect the illumination aspect.

As it hasn't been publically disclosed, as referenced by a NF employee in the other main thread about these 8x releases, we don't know all of the reasoning or what the parameters/requirements were, that lead to the final design specs.

That being said, I don't find any drawbacks using this reticle in a DMR role, and have had no issues consistently impacting 6" plates at 500, or IPSC/Half-IPSC targets at 1000, either with the center dot or MIL line holds. It's easily as quick as any of the best LPVO's close in on 1-2x, utilizing the red dot aspect.

I don't intend to dial with this scope/reticle, and while "everyone" has their preferences or specs they would prefer to see changed, I think this fits my intended role quite well; which is what it seems this was geared toward. I currently have it zeroed as I would a red dot (25, 36, 50yds) - know that I can make an impact on a target within a certain distance using the center dot out to X distance, and utilize my known MIL holdovers beyond a certain drop.

We're accustomed to our .035 MIL reticle line widths, and with this available FC-DM reticle, people are possibly trying to force this into an unintended role (which granted, it could readily fill with other reticle options.)

Pretty damn good design and overall ability for a lower power variable that can act as a crossbreed CQ red dot, magnified red dot and PID optic; while being 'precision enough' for stretching out.

Primus' last post was succint enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: CSTactical
There is a very long thread on hear discussing both. I read it all not too long ago. The NX8 seems to come up for sale pretty often in the PX. I would lean towards the ATACR but I recently purchased the Vortex 1-6 HD Gen II-E. Haven’t mounted it up yet.

Being made in the US is a consideration for me is it at least assembled here?

I was concerned that the added weight of the 1-8x ATACR would really throw off the balance on my SR25 ACC, but it doesn't and the rifle still handles very well. The setup is intended to fill a role as a dual-role carbine, meaning it'll primarily stay at 1x with the added capability to reach out a bit further when called upon to do so. So far the farthest I've taken mine out is 500 yds while engaging steel plates residing on an adjacent ridge line up in the Rocky Mountains and I didn't find the FC-DM reticle to be a limiting factor. As someone mentioned previously, the scope is designed to fill a combat DMR role (tactical application), or hunting in restricted terrain where a target of opportunity might present itself at close range or out at a distance (sporting application). I'd wager it would do well in 3-gun or similar competitive sporting applications as well. I think anyone considering this optic would be satisfied with it's performance as long as there are no unrealistic expectations given it's capability with regards to it's intended purpose.

Scope came in... quick mock up.

IMG_0018.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0017.jpg
    IMG_0017.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0019.jpg
    IMG_0019.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 65
Because I want to buy US made I only considered us optics and march besides nf and I won't lie the military chosing the 1/8/24 attacr didn't hurt but I would love to hear from long time attacr owners about real world toughness that's where the rubber hits the road for me

Because I want to buy US made I only considered us optics and march besides nf and I won't lie the military chosing the 1/8/24 attacr didn't hurt but I would love to hear from long time attacr owners about real world toughness that's where the rubber hits the road for me

March is made entirely in Japan.

I've used the ATACR 1-8 a little and plenty of other NFs a lot. Durability is not going to be a concern. At all.

What do you consider "long time"? The optic has been commercially available for less than a year so you're not going to get a good long-term feedback/assessment WRT durability. Other than Mil/Fed agencies testing it, I haven't seen anything relating to someone torture testing the 1-8x ATACR for shits and giggles. I will tell you this, I'm one of the early adopters of the 1-8x ATACR, and given NF reputation for bulletproof optics, I'm confident this scope will exceed expectations with regards to ruggedness and long term durability. And while I can respect your preference for choosing to buy American made over products made overseas, you're really limiting your options considering the quality of products being manufactured in Europe and in the far east.

I was concerned that the added weight of the 1-8x ATACR would really throw off the balance on my SR25 ACC, but it doesn't and the rifle still handles very well. The setup is intended to fill a role as a dual-role carbine, meaning it'll primarily stay at 1x with the added capability to reach out a bit further when called upon to do so. So far the farthest I've taken mine out is 500 yds while engaging steel plates residing on an adjacent ridge line up in the Rocky Mountains and I didn't find the FC-DM reticle to be a limiting factor. As someone mentioned previously, the scope is designed to fill a combat DMR role (tactical application), or hunting in restricted terrain where a target of opportunity might present itself at close range or out at a distance (sporting application). I'd wager it would do well in 3-gun or similar competitive sporting applications as well. I think anyone considering this optic would be satisfied with it's performance as long as there are no unrealistic expectations given it's capability with regards to it's intended purpose.

Do you feel like it's too much scope for a SR15 16"

I've been down the road of AR10's before and they end up being so damn heavy I'll just take my AI.

Maybe I need to revisit the SR25 ACC

I've been down the road of AR10's before and they end up being so damn heavy I'll just take my AI.

On my MWS it pushes it past the boundary of what I'm willing to carry for hikes in the mountains. My ACC feels more like my old LPVO equipped SR15 Mod 1. Interesting thing is the ACC + 1-8x ATACR balances better than my previous 5.56 carbine set-up. You'd being weighing it down further with a full mag and anything else you might hang off the rifle, but for me it's been more than manageable. Overall I think the 1-8x NXS is better suited for 5.56 carbines, but I think the ATACR is perfectly fine in that capacity as well.

These have been in use for a few years, prior to being available commercially, although some tweaks maye have been made for the release version.

It would behoove anyone to look into the original thread and determine if it fits your needs and intended role. A lot of these questions are discussed, along with some excellent 'in the know' input from early hands-on users and a NF employee with input from its inception.

I'd have no issue putting it on a 5.56, but only the individual can ultimately determine if it's too much scope for whatever specific platform, when taking their specific desires and application into account.

https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...-34mm-tube-models.6798633/page-4#post-6927319

What do you consider "long time"? The optic has been commercially available for less than a year so you're not going to get a good long-term feedback/assessment WRT durability. Other than Mil/Fed agencies testing it, I haven't seen anything relating to someone torture testing the 1-8x ATACR for shits and giggles. I will tell you this, I'm one of the early adopters of the 1-8x ATACR, and given NF reputation for bulletproof optics, I'm confident this scope will exceed expectations with regards to ruggedness and long term durability. And while I can respect your preference for choosing to buy American made over products made overseas, you're really limiting your options considering the quality of products being manufactured in Europe and in the far east.
There have been plenty of known quantities including Kyle defoor who were running it before release and gave glowing reviews on both function and durability. It's been in snake water hands for a while now and is universally loved. There is not another love on the market I would trust my life to more with maybe the exception of the 1-4 shortdot due to it's long history.

Reactions: Blackfoot 7

An nx8 with fc-dm would be the perfect sr15 optic. Going to keep running MROs and TA33's until they come out with one. May be never.

There have been plenty of known quantities including Kyle defoor who were running it before release and gave glowing reviews on both function and durability. It's been in snake water hands for a while now and is universally loved. There is not another love on the market I would trust my life to more with maybe the exception of the 1-4 shortdot due to it's long history.

These have been in use for a few years, prior to being available commercially, although some tweaks maye have been made for the release version.

It would behoove anyone to look into the original thread and determine if it fits your needs and intended role. A lot of these questions are discussed, along with some excellent 'in the know' input from early hands-on users and a NF employee with input from its inception.

I'd have no issue putting it on a 5.56, but only the individual can ultimately determine if it's too much scope for whatever specific platform, when taking their specific desires and application into account.

https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...-34mm-tube-models.6798633/page-4#post-6927319

Good copy, and I'm tracking these have been in development and T&E for quite some time prior to being commercially available. From those assessments and speaking with guys who are still active within that community, I would deduce the optic passes the durability test. Trying to answer the question from a commercial/civilian end-user standpoint, from guys who might be employing this kit in a less than professional/official capacity. I don't purposely beat the shit out of my kit and my privately owned firearms aren't subjected to the same abuse as my service carbines, but when I take a spill (and I have quite a bit when negotiating some less than desirable terrain) I want something I can be sure will take the punishment and keep rolling. The ATACR 1-8x has more than met that requirement so far.

Reactions: Skpcarey