• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Attention all AAC owners

Hellfire, and get the Hellfire linear comp for the 5.56 when you're not running a brake or the can.

Personally, I was not impressed with my N6 on a bolt gun. Way too heavy.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Isn't the Q cherry bomb muzzle break stupid loud? Have had friends mention it but never shot one..

I have a couple AAC cans that would benefit from a better mount

The Cherry Bomb is a horrendous brake for a bolt gun. In fairness, pretty much all linear comps are a horrible choice for bolt guns.

My wife's rifle has a Cherry Bomb, as the rifle is solely going to be shot suppressed. The Cherry Bomb just acts as a suppressor host, nothing more. I don't personally recommend the Cherry Bomb for use with bolt guns unsuppressed. Unfortunately, there is currently no great options for Plan B muzzle devices for bolt guns shooting unsuppressed. I hope that changes.

Rearden MFG also makes Plan B type muzzle devices, again, nothing really optimal for bolt guns, but you aren't just limited to the Cherry Bomb.

Question for those that swap between a bolt gun and AR with their AAC cans…

Which mounting are you going with? I plan on swapping my 762SDN6 between my LMT MRP (556) and my 308 and 6.5 bolt guns. I was going to just go with the A419 Hellfire as the mount (all of my bolt guns have the hellfires on em) but that seems like a weird choice to pop on a 556 LMT.

🍻
i had mine done over two years ago and went with the Hellfire system for my SDN-6. NO regrets and work great.

Question for the SDN-6 owners. How short of a barrel is the can rated using it on a 6 creedmoor.

Question for the SDN-6 owners. How short of a barrel is the can rated using it on a 6 creedmoor.
It is pretty much a stainless steel shell with Inconel internal baffles designed for use on full auto firearms…..particularly a short barrel .300 BO….so I do not think there is a barrel length rating……if I am wrong someone will be along shortly to call me out on that statement though!😁

I just know the rating is 14.5" on a 308. But found nothing about the 6 creed.

I have run mine on the 9" AAC MPW 300BLK since the day she came home 10 years ago. I was told 14.5" was the minimum for 308 many moons ago so I would stick with that for anything 2600+ FPS.

Reactions: Edgecrusher
As much as I don't care for the 51T system on my AAC cans, I can't say that I have had many issues with them. They stay mounted to the guns they are on full time and repeatability has never been an issue either. Now if I got in a habit of removing them often I'd probably see more of the negative impacts. That said, I'll probably still send mine in when I get the call/email.

10+ years of dropping pigs and the occasional deer, she's been good to me.

gnKYs4v.jpg

10+ years of dropping pigs and the occasional deer, she's been good to me.

gnKYs4v.jpg
I am setting up a 12.5” pistol for similar purpose and just got an Eotech EXPS2-0. Been debating whether or not to get a magnifier….probably will not use it other than sighting in just to get my groups tighter….do you use one?

Reactions: tex68w
I am setting up a 12.5” pistol for similar purpose and just got an Eotech EXPS2-0. Been debating whether or not to get a magnifier….probably will not use it other than sighting in just to get my groups tighter….do you use one?

I did at one time but I have grown to not favor them. I swap between the EoTech and a ReapIR on this one.

I did at one time but I have grown to not favor them. I swap between the EoTech and a ReapIR on this one.
Thanks, kind of thinking I’d be best off just borrowing a buddy’s for sight in and not spend the $$$$$….and a bit ironic as that was my plan as well….but also have a Halo LR and just sold the Reap. Our night season does not start back till February 11 so undecided yet if I am going with the 12.5” or 16” POF Revolution this year with the thermal. Ran the Reap a bit end of this past season on the 12.5”.

Yea I just unloaded the Reap as well. I'm not sure what will replace it either.

Yea i was having a shit time trying to get that tooth system to lock up and it was back blasting soot all on the barrel. Plus the shift was stupid unpredictable
I've been having this exact same problem with back blasting soot and a shifting zero. I don't mind the soot, but the zero changing every time is a no-go. Drove me nuts during hunting season this fall! They do pretty good when they're left on the same gun all the time, but when you travel and have them on/off, in/out of cases, etc. it seems like you're in for a different zero every time you put it back on.

I contacted ECCO to get on the waiting list for re-threading to 1.375"-24 and possibly re-coring to a user-serviceable arrangement. Seems like the consensus here gravitates towards the Q Plan B, Area 419 Hellfire, or Dead Air KeyMo. Any thoughts as to which one of these is best? Anyone pair up a re-threaded AAC with a Griffin Armament taper mount? IMO, the AAC cans are pretty awesome sounding, it's just their crap-tastic mounting system that needs to be fixed.

Seems like the consensus here gravitates towards the Q Plan B, Area 419 Hellfire, or Dead Air KeyMo. Any thoughts as to which one of these is best? Anyone pair up a re-threaded AAC with a Griffin Armament taper mount? IMO, the AAC cans are pretty awesome sounding, it's just their crap-tastic mounting system that needs to be fixed.

Really depends on what your criteria is for a mounting device.

They all have their pro's and con's and nuances to them.

Dead Air Xeno on my Omega. I’ll probably be running this setup on my SDN6 as well, post Ecco Surgery. I like that the muzzle device isn’t buried in the Xeno Mount, like the cherry bomb is in the Plan B. You can get a wrench on both if they get stuck, although the Xeno is reverse thread, so trying to break it loose and taking the muzzle device with it will never be an issue.

If anyone is looking for an ASR setup with some brakes and/or a flash hider, give me a holler.
EB6C31B5-BC42-4715-97FC-3156C1EDBDE5.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: tex68w
Has anyone heard from Ecco recently? I am about a month shy of a year on the wait list.
I would check on his face book page. I know he had some problems of some sort, but I think it was resolved. I,m glad I had him do mine two years ago. Less than 10 day turn around time.

Has anyone heard from Ecco recently? I am about a month shy of a year on the wait list.
Mine will be back from them next week. Sent it in a couple weeks ago. Cannot remember when I got put on the list, but I think mid-late 2021.
Might reach out and see where you are in queue and confirm placement on the list.They are great folks to deal with.

Mine will be back from them next week. Sent it in a couple weeks ago. Cannot remember when I got put on the list, but I think mid-late 2021.
Might reach out and see where you are in queue and confirm placement on the list.They are great folks to deal with.
Great to hear! I got on the wait list in late 2021. Got some Griffin Armament Plan As ready to ship along with the cans. After researching all the options out there, their taper mount system seem to fit the bill best. I'll use the two-port brakes on the muzzles.

Reactions: BamaSE
When you guys shipped, did UPS or FedEx require a copy of their FFL/SOT? Or did you just drop it off like a normal package?

He's busy. I've been able to get through via FB. I'm sending mine out Monday.
When you guys shipped, did UPS or FedEx require a copy of their FFL/SOT? Or did you just drop it off like a normal package?
He told me to us UPS (Hub). Mine requires a copy of the FFL to ship. He will instruct you not to use the normal box store.

Since I wandered in. I was planning on having a couple re-cored/re-mounted (SAS 762/556) and another (AAC 762SD 18/51) re-mounted. I was planning on just using SiCo ASR Bravo. Now that I read some of these posts I am questioning which I should go for. Any suggestions, Pros/Cons?

Since I wandered in. I was planning on having a couple re-cored/re-mounted (SAS 762/556) and another (AAC 762SD 18/51) re-mounted. I was planning on just using SiCo ASR Bravo. Now that I read some of these posts I am questioning which I should go for. Any suggestions, Pros/Cons?
Dead Air KeyMo Omega. 👍🏼

Dead Air KeyMo Omega. 👍🏼
Being largely ignorant of the various mounting systems, it looks like the DA KeyMo Omega mount has the same threading as the Sico ASR Bravo model of suppressors? Meaning it will work with DA KeyMo cans and the SiCo cans?

Being largely ignorant of the various mounting systems, it looks like the DA KeyMo Omega mount has the same threading as the Sico ASR Bravo model of suppressors? Meaning it will work with DA KeyMo cans and the SiCo cans?
I think ASR is different, but I could be wrong... Dead Air does offer a KeyMo that fits the SilencerCo Saker & Chimera suppressors, which are totally different threads and mount designs, but they also make one that fits the SilencerCo Omega threads, which are different. The Omega threads are 1.375x24, which is considered the new industry standard called "HUB". Therefore, the KeyMo Omega will work with ANY suppressor that has "HUB" (1.375x24) threads. There are still some who don't use HUB and prefer to stick to proprietary threads, but most suppressors built in the last several years have 1.375x24 mount threads. So that means you can use the Dead Air KeyMo system with just about any suppressor out there that uses those threads. 👍🏼

Left: KeyMo Saker/Chimera
Right: KeyMo Omega/HUB

keMo__05567.1597343217.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Twitchy
I think ASR is different, but I could be wrong... Dead Air does offer a KeyMo that fits the SilencerCo Saker & Chimera suppressors, which are totally different threads and mount designs, but they also make one that fits the SilencerCo Omega threads, which are different. The Omega threads are 1.375x24, which is considered the new industry standard called "HUB". Therefore, the KeyMo Omega will work with ANY suppressor that has "HUB" (1.375x24) threads. There are still some who don't use HUB and prefer to stick to proprietary threads, but most suppressors built in the last several years have 1.375x24 mount threads. So that means you can use the Dead Air KeyMo system with just about any suppressor out there that uses those threads. 👍🏼

Left: KeyMo Saker/Chimera
Right: KeyMo Omega/HUB

View attachment 7821227
Got it. Yea, my terminology may not have been correct. What I was trying to figure out was if the threads on the cans themselves were the same. As in the 1.375x24.

My logic behind the ASR Bravo system was "cheap" (more affordable) muzzle devices and mounting hardware (1.375x24). I'm converting two direct thread SAS can and an AAC 762SD (18/51 tooth). Rather than spend $200 per adapter (KeyMo) I can spend $120 per adapter (ASR B) and toss on inexpensive $65 single port brakes.

Coming from my AAC that I literally have to reach up and retighten between target arrays on a single match stage, to something that has an actual lock up will be nice. I'm also re-coring my HEAVY direct thread SAS cans in addition to the mount changes which will be nice.

Got it. Yea, my terminology may not have been correct. What I was trying to figure out was if the threads on the cans themselves were the same. As in the 1.375x24.

My logic behind the ASR Bravo system was "cheap" (more affordable) muzzle devices and mounting hardware (1.375x24). I'm converting two direct thread SAS can and an AAC 762SD (18/51 tooth). Rather than spend $200 per adapter (KeyMo) I can spend $120 per adapter (ASR B) and toss on inexpensive $65 single port brakes.

Coming from my AAC that I literally have to reach up and retighten between target arrays on a single match stage, to something that has an actual lock up will be nice. I'm also re-coring my HEAVY direct thread SAS cans in addition to the mount changes which will be nice.
I know a lot of folks have swapped from ASR to KeyMo... So, take that for what it's worth. I'd do your research before going all-out on the ASR, and be sure that's what you want. I know I love my KeyMo setups. It's strong, secure, locks-down tight, repeatable POI... No complaints, but it is a tad on the expensive side, I will admit that. But, once you get invested, it's not so bad. You buy a new gun, just buy a new $100 muzzle brake, and you're good to go.

Reactions: Twitchy
Dead Air Xeno on my Omega. I’ll probably be running this setup on my SDN6 as well, post Ecco Surgery. I like that the muzzle device isn’t buried in the Xeno Mount, like the cherry bomb is in the Plan B. You can get a wrench on both if they get stuck, although the Xeno is reverse thread, so trying to break it loose and taking the muzzle device with it will never be an issue.

If anyone is looking for an ASR setup with some brakes and/or a flash hider, give me a holler.
View attachment 7751978
Me.

I would look at the Q Plan B system - specifically the products from Rearden MFG.

IMO, the most elegant mounting solution out there.

I cannot say enough good things about Ecco Machine. Received my SDN6 back this week and the fit and finish is superb. Their communication has been excellent and they went above and beyond with CS (and patience with my inquiries). Jerrica rocks!

Took it to the range today and finally got to have fun with this can that had almost been relegated to obsolescence.

Definitely worth the wait and I highly recommend!

I cannot say enough good things about Ecco Machine. Received my SDN6 back this week and the fit and finish is superb. Their communication has been excellent and they went above and beyond with CS (and patience with my inquiries). Jerrica rocks!

Took it to the range today and finally got to have fun with this can that had almost been relegated to obsolescence.

Definitely worth the wait and I highly recommend!
Did you re-core it with their modern baffles, as well as do the remount?

Another huge shout out to Ecco Machine…great folks to work with!

Got both of my AAC 7.62 SD cans back from surgery this week…finally!

i-4qNNd73.jpg

Had the SDN-6 done in black, the longer SD in burnt bronze; both with just the 1.375x24 thread pitch industry standard. Already had one keymo flash hider/brake, but picked up another today, along with another from SOLGW, plus a couple keymo adapters, and one each 1/2x28 and 5/8x24 direct thread adapter so I can throw this on any of my 7.62 or 5.56 rifles.

Since I was fiddling around with cans, adapters, and mounts today, I went ahead and threw the Silencerco three-lug mount on one of my short barreled 5.56 uppers where the can nests under the hand guard…can use either of the AAC/Ecco cans, or even the Wolfman (9mm hand gun can) with the right brake and adapter.

i-TFxsCnF.jpg

Now if only the friggin’’ atf would process the stamp for my Rugged Obsidian .45 can so I can send my AAC TiRant in to Ecco to get recored…that thing has 10K+ rounds through it and the aluminum baffles are pretty heavily pitted. Stainless ones are still holding up pretty well, but time to get a refresh.

i-dfgfrR8.jpg

Reactions: M8541Reaper