• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Attention all residing in the UK

The Mall Ninja

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2008
North Pole, AK
I just got orders to Lakenheat RAF, and was wondering if it would be worth it to bring my bolt action? i know my AR is out of the question. if i didn't bring it would i be able to purchase something for weekend visits to a range or am i just having wishful thinking

Re: Attention all residing in the UK

Hi there

I am sure you will enjoy the time here in the UK, lakenheath is in a real nice part of the UK close to Cambridge and easy access to London.

AS for you bringing your Rifle, I think the local police may have an issue with this, you would need to get a UK firearms certificate to allow you to shoot on ranges here. I have no idea how difficult that would be with you being a non national serviceman.

However once you get here I am more than prepared to meet with you and go shooting and you could always use my rifles.

regards

Ewen

I was at Mildenhall for a while.

Leave your toys behind. Its a huge pain. Bigger than huge.

Just enjoy the beer and deployments.

RAF Lakenheath has a Rod & Gun Club. Also has ranges. Been to Germany 3 times and anything that's good takes a lot of effort anymore. Recommend that you check with the Rod & Gun and/or the Security personnel. Status of Forces Agreement determines all of the rules. You can always go over and check things out and either purchase a gun there through the R & G or mail your rifle later. Just depends on how bad you want to shoot!

thank you all for your replys. moving there just gives me an excuse to just buy another one anyways, as long as it is not too much of a paiin in the ass. Ewan i'll be more than happy to take you up on that offer

Don't know right now how close you are to any of the ranges this club has access to, but John the secretary is a really helpful bloke and may be able to assist you.
l only shoot on the Warcop field fire ranges right now but would love to make it down to some of the midlands gallery ranges in the future.

http://www.fcsa.co.uk/

Hi Kahlendrrari. I am an engineer serving in RAF. Im based at RAF Coningsby in Lincolnshire, not a great distance away from Lakenheath (at least not in F15E time as you guys are regular visitors).
Ratwiskers suggestion of FCSA is a smart one, Iv shot with them several times, quite a few of there members are Army and RAF. They have lots of shoots across UK.
Your in quite a good location for shooting at Lakenheath. A far as rifle goes there are a few good gunsmiths in UK. Be prepared for steep prices vs US however.
I guess you will have to keep rifles in Lakenheaths Station armory as I do. I don't know regulations for Foreign military Firearms certificates, there must be some system in place. Importing your rifle into uk could be done but will be a lot of hassle. Its a good excuse to start afresh though. Any questions just ask.

Like I said when you get here, look me up and we can shoot.

I am also a member of the FCSA and other clubs with local ranges to you.

regards

Ewen

Like I said when you get here, look me up and we can shoot.

I am also a member of the FCSA and other clubs with local ranges to you.

regards

Ewen