• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AutoTrickler V4

Doesn’t feel good about it at all. Not his design and I wouldn’t allow him to make money on someone else’s work. I sent a message to the person who did design it and hopefully he jumps on here.

No worries, sounded like the file was open source but looks like that is not the case.

Hey guys, Ive received a few messages already wanting a set. I will work over getting shipping supplies over the next couple of days and will also determine a fair (for all) price for a set. If anyone has a suggestion on what these should go for message me.

Appreciate the patience. I promise I'll quickly work to get a set to anyone who wants one.
Also I guess I'm signing up for a paid account so I don't get banned.

PM sent

My shipping label was created Friday but it’s still not in the shipping system/cue yet, is that typical for CE products? I’m leaving town Friday so it looks like I’ll have to have a neighbor retrieve the package at this rate - unless they require signature in which case I’m screwed

My shipping label was created Friday but it’s still not in the shipping system/cue yet, is that typical for CE products? I’m leaving town Friday so it looks like I’ll have to have a neighbor retrieve the package at this rate - unless they require signature in which case I’m screwed
It will require a signature and ship UPS. You can request a hold at a CVS through the app. I think it requires a $20/yr uPS “membership” to hold items.

I've attached my settings. The 'twice calibrated setting' picture is what the app defaulted to. This setting would result in overthrows 75% of the time and has had the same result over 3 separate reloading sessions across a months' time. I've had to tune the large tube setting down to 1 which is shown in the "Modified Setting" picture, which only overthrows 1 of 10 times approximately.

The V4 ran great to begin with, I don't know what changed this. I'll have to double check to make sure my scale settings didn't magically change.
I only see this screen under “settings”.
How do I see the screens you show?
I’m using the app on a new iPhone fyi.
B855782D-7B27-4595-BC24-58281E265A6F.png

This set is only designed for the ATV4. That said, making a version for the ATV3 would be possible, it would just require some tweaking of the top plate. If I get enough interest I can certainly do that.

Also, to keep this thread clean, I'm going to create a thread over in the PX to be able to post to...you can also just send me a message directly.
Add me to the list of interested in a V4 cover. I haven't had any issues, but it'd be nice to have regardless.

Hold down on the close button for a few seconds
Damn. Thanks!!!
I also learned if there’s not enough powder in the hopper it runs slow as shit. Definitely a learning curve but this thing is badass.

We’re still waiting on software fix beta testing.

I’ll give it another week, if it doesn’t come then I’ll sell the tip again, but I will caveat it might not work well after the update.
This is a genuine question. How is the software going to address kernels of more dense powder (h1000 in my case) collecting at the tip and overthrowing even at the slowest possible setting? Seems like a mechanical barrier such as your tip is the solution.

I have never seen so much talk about one mans tip on a forum before.

This is a genuine question. How is the software going to address kernels of more dense powder (h1000 in my case) collecting at the tip and overthrowing even at the slowest possible setting? Seems like a mechanical barrier such as your tip is the solution.

I have never seen so much talk about one mans tip on a forum before.
Different speed controls/changing when the unit ramps down based on what I’ve seen from Adam and his testing. I don’t want to share exactly what he’s shared with me out of privacy, but he did key in on something that would help.

Adam was full steam ahead at one point with getting this done, but something else popped up that has delayed him working on the update.

Reactions: Rich4
I have tried most of what has been suggested on this forum . I have got the best results so far using a jthor tip with speed settings on 4 . Not the fastest but im retired so i have the extra time to kill .

First off I want to publicly thank Adam for his outstanding customer service. I had a small issue related to tolerances, I notified Adam and he sent me a replacement part out immediately, thank you Adam, fixed the issue.

Now I just wanted to give a heads up to you guys out there that may want to try this out, it fixed my issue of having to adjust tilt by using shims on any of my powders( N570,RL33,H1000, Retumbo, Varget, 4831sc, N555).

What I did was use a extended 1/4-20 tap and tapped the full length of the small tube, now it acts like an auger the entire distance, keeps the tube full all the way to the end. Bought the tap at MSC.
I also made a tip using a .075 wide full radius ID grooving tool on the ID, set at a 8 pitch thread setting. That 8 pitch groove feeds individual kernels really well.
IMG_0589.jpg
IMG_0592.jpg
IMG_0593.jpg

First off I want to publicly thank Adam for his outstanding customer service. I had a small issue related to tolerances, I notified Adam and he sent me a replacement part out immediately, thank you Adam, fixed the issue.

Now I just wanted to give a heads up to you guys out there that may want to try this out, it fixed my issue of having to adjust tilt by using shims on any of my powders( N570,RL33,H1000, Retumbo, Varget, 4831sc, N555).

What I did was use a extended 1/4-20 tap and tapped the full length of the small tube, now it acts like an auger the entire distance, keeps the tube full all the way to the end. Bought the tap at MSC.
I also made a tip using a .075 wide full radius ID grooving tool on the ID, set at a 8 pitch thread setting. That 8 pitch groove feeds individual kernels really well.
View attachment 7878372View attachment 7878373View attachment 7878374
I had the same idea but was much to big of a pussy to try and remove the small tube and tap it. How hard/easy is it to remove the small tube?

I had the same idea but was much to big of a pussy to try and remove the small tube and tap it. How hard/easy is it to remove the small tube?
Minimal amount of foul language needed. lol Just loosen both motors, pull the large tube to gain access to the small tube drive gear. Loosen 2 set screws on the drive gear hub then slide the tube out the back. The hard part is re inserting the small tube through the drive gear along with the 2 nylon washers( one on each side of the drive gear). Then re tension the belt, repeat with the large tube.

Reactions: Juggerxxx
Has anyone received their Autotrickler recently and when did you place your order? I ordered at the end of December and wondering if I'm getting close to shipment at this point.
Thanks.

Has anyone received their Autotrickler recently and when did you place your order? I ordered at the end of December and wondering if I'm getting close to shipment at this point.
Thanks.
Ordered 10/12 from CE received 5/13
Also signed up from AT at that time and received payment request 6/6, which I canceled.

Last edited:
Thanks.
I was late to the party myself, I think my order was in November?? I'm not 100% sure, but my V4 is arriving on Monday. I will tell you that they sent me an email for payment stating my V4 was almost ready and it took several more weeks for it to ship after that.. Im sure Adam is slammed so, be patient grasshopper. Lol

My buddy ordered his on Black Friday and got an email last week. I ordered the same day and did not receive an email.

Got mine 25 May from an order date of 13 October. Ran through the assembly and scale programming instructions just to make sure CE hadn't missed a step (they hadn't) and set to playing around with throwing 96.0gr of Retumbo, my 338LM load.

I used the updated settings recommendations from Adam a few pages back right off the bat and can get 96.0gr to drop pretty consistently in 16-20sec, with a long 30+ second drop every 10-15 throws as it gets that last tenth or two to drop. This is with the JThor tip, scale level, and the AT unit sitting on the three bumpers. I have not messed with shimming the back of the AT unit to get the tubes tilted downwards at all, but might just to see if it helps or hurts things.

I like the all in one construction which makes for a smaller footprint and easier clean-up, but this definitely takes some tweaking compared to the V2 and V3 I previously had.

Man, as someone who comes to the V4 from a Chargemaster Lite, this thing is really incredible. I didn't have a V3 so I guess I don't know what I'm missing. Just wanted to say that if you are considering a V4 and are currently using a chargemaster or similar, don't let this thread discourage you. I set up the unit according to instructions, filled the hopper with h4350, calibrated twice, dumped a few throws, then started tinkering according to Adam's thread a few pages back. I didn't screenshot my settings, but it's all fun and ended up with mostly 7-12 sec. throws with 1 throw out of 50 over and about 1-2 throws out of 10 taking 15-22 seconds. And, that's at +/- .02 resolution. Soooo much faster than the chargemaster at significantly finer resolution. If Adam succeeds in making this thing better, that's great and I'll take it--but I think it's pretty fantastic as is.

^^^^^ what he said . I was short throwing on my 550b and topping off on the Dillon beam scale so.....yeah to me its fantastic

^^^^^ what he said . I was short throwing on my 550b and topping off on the Dillon beam scale so.....yeah to me its fantastic
If you’re not aware, this thing is awesome to use in combination with your progressive to get more accurate charges.

Reactions: reubenski
If you’re not aware, this thing is awesome to use in combination with your progressive to get more accurate charges.
Oh yeah I am aware of this. I altered a 419 funnel, drop tube, and Dillon powder die for this.

Reactions: db2000
It musta been October. I emailed them today and they said they were just now starting on October orders.
Well, I may be mistaken, I may have ordered in September?? I'm not really sure, but it's arriving today..

Reactions: reubenski
FYI. On Auto tricklers website they say that it will be shipping November orders in May/ June but I spoke to them yesterday over email and they said they are just now starting on October orders. It sounds like they're distributors are shipping the v4s out faster than they are.

I can confirm that. I got the notice to pay for a new scale and V4 from CE on 13 May (delivered 25 May) from a 13 October pre-order.

I forgot I'd also put in a pre-order on 13 October direct from Adam's website and got the alert that it was time to pay on 6 June. I canceled the order for the next guy in line, but found it odd my CE order placed on the same day was filled 3 weeks earlier.

Hmm that’s strange I ordered beginning of Dec. Thank you!
It may have been right around the beginning of December. I know I ordered it in December. Not long after I got back from precision rifle expo and saw them demoed down in Georgia. And talk to the owners. My guess is that you were pretty close in the list.

Or maybe they just like me better.

Cheers!

It may have been right around the beginning of December. I know I ordered it in December. Not long after I got back from precision rifle expo and saw them demoed down in Georgia. And talk to the owners. My guess is that you were pretty close in the list.

Or maybe they just like me better.

Cheers!
Thanks yeah I just went through my emails I ordered 4 Dec. I just sent him an email just making sure I didn’t miss any comms. I know some have been getting in junk folder as well but I’ve been checking regularly.

Last edited:
Hmmm November here and no invoice
I received an email back from Laura at AT and she said they are still filling orders from October and that they haven’t shipped out anything from Nov or Dec. she did say orders through other vendors might be different.

Reactions: Raydee38
Assuming Cliff Clavin doesn't do a Happy Dance on it in transit...

I have little faith in shippers any more....

But can't wait to try it!

Sirhr
They're packed pretty well, I don't think you'll have to worry much.

I received an email back from Laura at AT and she said they are still filling orders from October and that they haven’t shipped out anything from Nov or Dec. she did say orders through other vendors might be different.
Ok I feel a little better now, the wait continues.

Reactions: Mudflap621
I’m way late to the party, April order. Keeping an eye out for one in stock, used.

Ready to throw my chargemaster lite at the wall. 20% overthrows with h4350 is driving me nuts.

I’m way late to the party, April order. Keeping an eye out for one in stock, used.

Ready to throw my chargemaster lite at the wall. 20% overthrows with h4350 is driving me nuts.
Get the reducing insert made by a guy here on hide that drastically improved mine. I beleive they can be found on sbay as well.

I got my Chargemaster powder tube insert from MK Machining and it works well at reducing overthrows. No plans to get rid of the Chargemaster as it makes a good backup.

Reactions: 3rdfocal
Sorry for being late. I know I said I would start selling again on the 2nd, but I have been very busy and needed time to do stuff for myself. Spent the past several days doing stuff for me. AKA I put a whole custom audio set up in my new 1500 Dirtymax Silverado. lol

I am really starting to get fed up with this thing. I was never able to run it above level 3 without overthrowing every charge but now it goes through spurts where it overthrows like 10 in a row. For something that cost this much money and didn't have any of these issues in v2-3, its getting really fucking annoying.

Scale is balanced on a granite surface plate, Scale calibrated per instructions, using right power cable, calibrate via app before running first charge, Am using the 3d printed nozzle and it still runs like shit.

My charge master was good for about 30% overthrows

Reactions: NiteQwill
I am really starting to get fed up with this thing. I was never able to run it above level 3 without overthrowing every charge but now it goes through spurts where it overthrows like 10 in a row. For something that cost this much money and didn't have any of these issues in v2-3, its getting really fucking annoying.

Scale is balanced on a granite surface plate, Scale calibrated per instructions, using right power cable, calibrate via app before running first charge, Am using the 3d printed nozzle and it still runs like shit.

The reports of this is why I'm just hanging on to my V3 and getting the ingenuity trickler.

Reactions: NiteQwill
I got mine set up today. With RL15 it throws in 12 seconds (not “to the kernel in 10 seconds”), few overthrows. I do worry about scale drift as the cup weighs something different every time I rezero it. Seems like it could be faster. I set mine up as per instructions. Speeds to 10 and transition at 1.6 grains in custom settings.

Don’t ever rezero it without the cup in there like I did or it will just start pouring powder everywhere

The 3D printed parts are like a few generations back compared to what MK Machining is putting out. Wonder who Adam has making those.

And should I really keep all the boxes as the FX scale manual suggests in case I sell or ship for repairs? AMP annealer said the same thing “save the box & packing material”

What is your flow rate?