• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AutoTrickler V4

is it overthrowing? Looks like it is running right in the video.
Yea, still overthrows every 10ish rounds. That video is a good representation of the JTHOR tip working. However, after using a couple thousand times it solved 90% of the issues with stock setting but still leaves a lot to be desired.

I would say in a typical 2 day match loading session (200ish rounds)... I would say 25 throws are overthrown....

Best thing my wife and I started was a workshop together.
It sounded really good until I realized the base of our business.
I work and she shops, 20 years and still going strong..😁

If you've owned the previous versions, you would realize ATV4 was a step backwards.🤷🏾‍♂️
Not what I was wanting to hear.. I’ve accepted I made a huge mistake..

Yea, still overthrows every 10ish rounds. That video is a good representation of the JTHOR tip working. However, after using a couple thousand times it solved 90% of the issues with stock setting but still leaves a lot to be desired.

I would say in a typical 2 day match loading session (200ish rounds)... I would say 25 throws are overthrown....

I don't know what your calibration is or the settings, however yours is running fast, you might tighten up the throws by slowing it down just a smidge. Happy to screen shot my settings and send then to you. I am loading later today.

Reactions: NiteQwill
Placed my order from CE Products on 9/15/21 and received an email today 4/28/22 asking me to pay the difference and that my V4 will ship out next week. Looks like Adam is caught up with all the pre orders.

Reactions: db2000
Don't take my bitching as a bad thing. Lol. I'm just salty it didn't work flawless out of the box. I'm sure yours will be great. 😉

Here are my settings.

Screenshot_20220428-184159_AutoTrickler.jpg
Screenshot_20220428-184813_AutoTrickler.jpg

I think he said he was going to stop selling them for now, since the custom settings (coming) from Adam are supposed to have better results than the tip. Not sure if that was above in this thread or another one.

I think he said he was going to stop selling them for now, since the custom settings (coming) from Adam are supposed to have better results than the tip. Not sure if that was above in this thread or another one.
I read that somewhere as well, just paid CEProducts for my V4. I’m sure hoping I will not miss my V3. Going to try a keep a good attitude towards V4… will arrive May 6.

Reactions: Im2bent
Correct, I stopped selling them for now due to app updates coming down the road. I did not want to continue selling something that may or may not work after the update. It may work well with the update, may require mods if needed, I just don’t know therefore I didn’t want to continue selling them until I know. I’ve been in constant contact with Adam about the update and it’s early stages of dev/R&D.

I just got mine. How do we get to those additional customized settings? Right now I can’t stop the overthrow without slowing the fine tube to a CRAWL. So far I’m not too impressed but willing to do some fiddling or chalk this up to a solution without a problem and go back to my V3.

Reactions: Obone
I just got mine. How do we get to those additional customized settings? Right now I can’t stop the overthrow without slowing the fine tube to a CRAWL. So far I’m not too impressed but willing to do some fiddling or chalk this up to a solution without a problem and go back to my V3.
Hold down the CLOSE button under settings

Reactions: davethedog
Yeah the clean up is the hardest part. I just keep playing with the target weights to get everything out. Would be nice if it could be programmed in so both tubes can run to empty the system once the dispenser is closed off and everything dumped out the back.

Yeah the clean up is the hardest part. I just keep playing with the target weights to get everything out. Would be nice if it could be programmed in so both tubes can run to empty the system once the dispenser is closed off and everything dumped out the back.
Empty the hopper first

Take a condiment cup (metal or plastic) and empty the rear

Run large then small tube into powder cup

Use the condiment cup to remove the rest in the rear, again

stainless-steel-small-2.5-condiment-prep-cup.jpg

Hold down the CLOSE button under settings
thanks. Changing the target weight and recalibrating turned this thing from annoying to not missing/overthrowing a single charge in 50. I do like how this version will continue to trickle if it momentarily senses charge weight but then the weight backs down.

The green light is a nice touch I must admit.

Empty the hopper first

Take a condiment cup (metal or plastic) and empty the rear

Run large then small tube into powder cup

Use the condiment cup to remove the rest in the rear, again

View attachment 7867402

That’s what I do, but to run the tubes to empty them I’m playing with the desired charge weights and hitting +1 continually to keep the tubes spinning as they approach the target weight until empty.

That’s what I do, but to run the tubes to empty them I’m playing with the desired charge weights and hitting +1 continually to keep the tubes spinning as they approach the target weight until empty.
You can run the tubes without putting in any weight. I just click FAST/SLOW.

For those of you who have the Area 419 scale upgrade and the (in my opinion) better cup, I've printed a riser that holds the cup nicely closer to the funnel to avoid splash. PM me if you'd like the file to print yourself.

Attachments

• IMG_0702.JPG
    IMG_0702.JPG
    400 KB · Views: 107
My V4 is shipping out. Iwill be pairing it with an Fx120i. Are there any “can’t live without” items to have? I’ve seen 419 “upgraded” self centering plates and cups for the scale. Does the V4 come with a cup ready to use. Are there pitfalls to the V4 accessories as a reason to “upgrade”? I read “splatter” in the above post.
I’d appreciate anyone using the V4 to elaborate and educate. Thanks 🍻

My V4 is shipping out. Iwill be pairing it with an Fx120i. Are there any “can’t live without” items to have? I’ve seen 419 “upgraded” self centering plates and cups for the scale. Does the V4 come with a cup ready to use. Are there pitfalls to the V4 accessories as a reason to “upgrade”? I read “splatter” in the above post.
When did you order?

@jthor stopped selling his tips for the small trickler tube tips but keep an eye out just in case he starts selling them again. They are worth it.

@jthor stopped selling his tips for the small trickler tube tips but keep an eye out just in case he starts selling them again. They are worth it.
I reached out to him on 4/30 and haven’t heard back. Can you elaborate why the tip helps. I’m new to the Tricklers. Thanks

My V4 showed up, I’m pleasantly surprised. Ran 4350, Varget and N140 through the paces and figure it will take some time to really get it dialed in. But after calibration 50 drops of 4350 2 overs, Varget 3 overs and no overs with N140. The green light is a nice touch. Not as fast as the V3 but will figure that out…

I reached out to him on 4/30 and haven’t heard back. Can you elaborate why the tip helps. I’m new to the Tricklers. Thanks
The tip seems to allow the small tube trickler to drop kernels in a faster and more predictable fashion. I was dispensing 31Gr of RL16 and the tip shaved at least 5 seconds off the drop time and I had no issues with overthrows. And when I say overthrow it's only a extra kernel or two.

The only upgrade I use is the jthor tip. The 419 cup is too short for the V4 and the V4 comes with the boomerang looking thing that sticks on the scale tray and centers the cup.

The tip has the shape of a cone and a smaller opening than the small tube so the grains have to go uphill to exit it. This prevents over throws. However on fine grain powders that last grain may hang in the tip and the drop then may take up to 30 seconds. If you don't mind the occasional overthrow you can speed things up. You have to play with it.

The tip has the shape of a cone and a smaller opening than the small tube so the grains have to go uphill to exit it. This prevents over throws. However on fine grain powders that last grain may hang in the tip and the drop then may take up to 30 seconds. If you don't mind the occasional overthrow you can speed things up. You have to play with it.
Can anyone provide the file for this tip, I have access to a 3D printer and would like to spin one up.

Can anyone provide the file for this tip, I have access to a 3D printer and would like to spin one up.
I think they were resin so not sure if the file you want exists.

FWIW - I've got the tips & tried with and without. I'm running without the tip.

My thoughts are that the small tube threads are to fine. I think it would improve performance if the thread pitch was considerably steeper and deeper. I'm thinking the large stick powders will lay single file in these big threads. I've got some N570 to try.

Going to machine one of these to slide over the small tube. This is 10 threads per inch, high lead and has 2 thread starts vs 1 for std thread.

Might not work worth a damn in the end, but I don't expect it to plug and play without tuning.
I'll let you all know how it works.

1652583733142.png

Again, I stopped selling them because I didn’t want to continue selling something that might be useless once Adam updates the app. I’ll reconsider selling them again if the update doesn’t seem within sight. I literally have about 3000 of the tips produced.

I also stopped replying to messages about the tips after a while because I posted I wasn’t selling them currently due to the update. Nothing personal, I just got tired of repeating myself.

Reactions: Clownbuster
Again, I stopped selling them because I didn’t want to continue selling something that might be useless once Adam updates the app. I’ll reconsider selling them again if the update doesn’t seem within sight. I literally have about 3000 of the tips produced.

I also stopped replying to messages about the tips after a while because I posted I wasn’t selling them currently due to the update. Nothing personal, I just got tired of repeating myself.
I want to apologize. I did read you posting that and forgot. Like you probably, I’m busy as shit, I looked at our PM and wondered why you hadn’t responded. You did state all this previously in a post. Thanks for clarifying.

Reactions: Clownbuster
I think they were resin so not sure if the file you want exists.

FWIW - I've got the tips & tried with and without. I'm running without the tip.

My thoughts are that the small tube threads are to fine. I think it would improve performance if the thread pitch was considerably steeper and deeper. I'm thinking the large stick powders will lay single file in these big threads. I've got some N570 to try.

Going to machine one of these to slide over the small tube. This is 10 threads per inch, high lead and has 2 thread starts vs 1 for std thread.

Might not work worth a damn in the end, but I don't expect it to plug and play without tuning.
I'll let you all know how it works.

View attachment 7869908

Try the following settings with the tip as a base line. It’s what I’ve been using for quite a while with 4166/4350/H1000/Retumbo and a few other powders as well. Generally my flow rate for the small tube is around .25-.29

07E549CD-CCBF-4808-8753-762AA9F1D272.jpeg

I want to apologize. I did read you posting that and forgot. Like you probably, I’m busy as shit, I looked at our PM and wondered why you hadn’t responded. You did state all this previously in a post. Thanks for clarifying.
You’re good dude!

I tried out the settings Adam posted in #769 in this thread. It worked just as he said, lots of overthrows initially, but it settled in after 5 or so, and sped it up dramatically. No other mods to mine, throwing n133 and varget.

Glad I checked this thread because my notice from CE Products on 5/13 went to junk mail. Fortunately, since I paid by 5/17 (today), mine will ship 5/20 Friday. Unfortunately, will be too late for my varmint hunting trip this year....

Because of all the enumerated problems in this thread, I'm reticent about the V4. I don't want to have to tinker, and I don't want to slow things down: with a Uniflow powder measure set 0.3 grain below target and a simple RCBS scale, I can hand throw and hand trickle pretty darn fast for all of $200 in equipment. (This method works particularly well for big loads of big kernals, like RL50 in the typical calibers, e.g., 50 BMG, 375CT, 338LM; for 50 BMG, I set it at 118 grains and do two throws with the Uniflow.)

It is my confidence in Adam's reputation for getting it right that is the inducement to proceed with the order....here goes!

Reactions: Jman2224